Start by marking “Vampire Code (Tranquilli Bloodline, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Code (Tranquilli Bloodline, #0.5)

Vampire Code

(Tranquilli Bloodline #0.5)

Vampire Code: A Haven Prequel

Clothed in darkness and power, Jonas watches Carina from the periphery of her life. With all that he is, he secretly protects his young charge from harm. Only three months remain in the twelve-year prohibition forbidding contact with his little warrior when he fails.

Abducted from her dance club, Carina suffers a vicious attack by a newly-turn
Published October 7th 2013 by Champagne Books (first published October 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Code

Start your review of Vampire Code (Tranquilli Bloodline, #0.5)
Cindy Gilleland
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:
Jonas jerked his head in the direction of the garden. “Under the eucalyptus trees by the pond. South side of the bridge. Follow the stench.” The cleaner bowed. “Yes, sire. How many of us do you require?” “You. And two jumbo garbage bags should suffice.”

Jonas squeezed the pick’s handle until the wood squeaked in protest. I would have you suffer more, vile minion, for the harm upon my Little Warrior.

This book was given to me for an honest review.
This is a very short novella. Jonas
Aurian Booklover
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was ok

It is very short, about 21 pages according to Amazon. A vampire princess is hurt by a newby vampire, and the Executioner punishes him for that, and his maker. The woman in question is referred to as the Princess, and she must be protected at all costs. She also doesn’t know, or know anymore, about the vampires existence.

I have won this short story on a blog, otherwise I would not have read it. It is dark, it is very violent. I don’t like the gay sex references, so I won’t be reading the first fu
Amanda Shelley-Masters
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! short but awesome story! I can't wait to read more! I am defiantly intrigued to find out what happens next!

Jonas enforces the rules, the law, the vampire code. He is the Executioner, the slayer, and the ruthless hand of justice of the vampire race. his one rule "Don't touch the princess"

You don't want to find out what he will do to those who brake his rule, for death would be a welcome distraction.

Jonas has waited a long time for the princess to be brought into the fold and now that time is
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
For such a tiny story, it sure packed A LOT of punch. I was just digging Jonas all over the place. He was my kind of vamp, a complete and total badass. Personally I would read books about him all day long. This is a prequel to Haven, an UF series centered around vampire royalty and halfbreed Carina Tranquilli. We got a glimpse of her story, but Jonas is the star in this tale. He is absolutely dedicated to her safety and happiness and will move Heaven and Earth to make sure she has the epitome o ...more
Diane Lynch
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
3 ½ of 5 stars

Jonas is a vampire secretly charged with guarding Carina Tranquilli. Carina is attacked by a newly turned vampire. Jonas is not going to tolerate anyone hurting his charge.

This short prequel was interesting and very well written. It definitely left me intrigued and wanting to continue to read the first book in the series, Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline #1). Celia Breslin packed a lot of information and details into this brief twenty page book. I cannot wait to see what she came up w
Debbie
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Short, sweet and very violent. Gotta love that in a vampire.
This happens 3 months before Haven. It is the introduction of Jonas, Thomas, Adrian and Carina.
Well not so much Carina and Adrian. We find out that Adrian and Jonas are lovers and Carina is the princess never to be touched, looked upon or hurt. As she was in this novella which brought out all the violence. It also lets us know about the partnership between Adrian and Carina and why Jonas chose Adrian as his lover.
C.J. Burright
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you didn’t get enough of Jonas in Haven (I didn’t!) or just want another slice of his story, be sure to check out the novella Vampire Code. It features none other than the Executioner himself in action, offering a sneak peek into his life, the sweet and fierce protectiveness he holds for his beloved princess, and the consequences for those who dare to bother her.
Samantha Macdouglas
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this short prequel to her series, the Tranquilli Bloodline, Celia Breslin gives us a glimpse into the fierce and mysterious Jonas. The left hand of the Prince, Jonas is respected and feared. He upholds and enforces the Code and protects the princess. This insight into this dark vampire inspires both fear and love as he will stop at nothing to protect those he cares about.
Jocelyn Dex
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Vampire Code was a short and fast-paced, intense and information-packed read. I enjoyed Jonas's character. A ruthless executioner with a soft spot for one female only. This prequel definitely piqued my interest and made me want to read more.
g-na
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I picked up this prequel after reading Haven, the book that follows it. I knew it was a short story but since I bought it as an e-book I didn't realize how short it was--I read it in 10-15 minutes. For that reason I felt cheated.
Susan
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved Haven with a passion thats rare for a first time novel, and I enjoyed this glimpse into the life before the book takes place.
Jane Malan
Jun 15, 2018
Tanya Johnson
Oct 08, 2013
Elizabeth
rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2015
rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2020
Snr
Dec 31, 2017

• Awaken (The Witches, The Spell Book, and The Magic Tree) (A Fated Fantasy Quest Adventure) (Volume 1)
  • Stalking Jack: The Hunt Begins... (Madeline Donovan #1)
  • Seedlings
  • The Day It Happened (Miranda's Rights 0.5)
  • Zenith Man
  • Hungry Heart
  • The First Night Of The Invasion
  • Dragons N' Antibodies
  • Paradise Departed: A Jack Kennedy Thriller (Book 1) (Short Story)
  • Vigilantes Rising: A Jack Kennedy Thriller (Book 3) (Short Story)
  • Seeking Resolution : A Jack Kennedy Thriller (Book 2) (Short Story)
  • Breakout (Michael Quinn)
  • The Mute of Pendywick Place: And the Scarlet Gown
  • The Worcester Whisperers (Inspector Ravenscroft, #2)
  • The Case Of The Torn Yellow Socks (Inspector Cullot Mystery Series, #4)
  • The Malvern Murders (Inspector Ravenscroft, #1)
  • Lawfully Covert  (A Spy Lawkeeper Romance)
  • Murder on Black Swan Lane (Wrexford & Sloane, #1)
Writer, urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Mega Joss Whedon fan. Lover of dark chocolate and exercise (no kidding). I write about the sexy and mysterious creatures of the Otherworld. Vampires, werewolves and all manner of Fae hold an extra special place in my heart.

Writes for Champagne Books & Decadent Publishing.

Tranquilli Bloodline (3 books)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • Destiny (Tranquilli Bloodline, #2)

News & Interviews