Start by marking “The Engineer: Follow Elon Musk on a journey from South Africa to Mars” as Want to Read:
The Engineer: Follow Elon Musk on a journey from South Africa to Mars

Read Excerpt

The Engineer: Follow Elon Musk on a journey from South Africa to Mars

This is a book about the beginning of a journey. Elon Musk is the main person in the journey through a roller-coaster life. His journey includes everything from Winston Churchill’s adventures in British colonies to demolished sports cars. From failed marriages to German scientists escaping from the Red Army. From the oil industry to the Burning Man festival.

Elon has been d
ebook
Published 2013 by leanpub.com

To ask other readers questions about The Engineer, please sign up.
Oscar Romero I feel this is a completely different perspective about who Elon is and what he has gone through thus far....It gave me a better perspective to know…moreI feel this is a completely different perspective about who Elon is and what he has gone through thus far....It gave me a better perspective to know how and why he works and how he thinks.. I am sure you will like this other perspective....to me, it has many more specific details and information.(less)

Tanja
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Last year I read Elon Musk: Inventing the Future and became a huge fan of Elon Musk. So when I found out another biography of him exists, of course I had to read it.

The most important difference between the two biographies is that Elon Musk had no involvement at all in this one. The author has used over 450 sources to write this book, but when you’re writing a book about a living person, your best possible source is that person. This book is self-published, which is sometimes quite obvious becau
Visnja Zeljeznjak
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hats off to the author, Erik Nordeus, who compiled hundreds of public sources into this inspiring story about a great man who will soon become even greater.
The book is chock-full of facts and information, clearly laid out in a digestible timeline which ends in 2012. The best stories, I am sure, are yet to come, and I hope this book gets more updates.

The missing fifth star in my review goes to the fact that this self-published book needs professional editing and cleaning up. But don't let this
Nurlan Imangaliyev
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I hope a few centuries later people will be remembering Elon Musk for his positive contributions (successfully achieved) to the history of humanity.
Sotiris Makrygiannis
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, internet
3 stars for the story and 1 for Elon. Amazing journey and no matter what is the motives of Elon the truth is that he is pushing humanity forward
dudu
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so infinitely better than the biography by Ashlee Vance, the author should be a trillionaire by now if he wasn't so lazy about marketing his book.

Sigh. When will the next decent biography come out. Will this one ever be updated.

I wonder if the author thinks about writing a book about video game development, from what I read in his blogposts. If that's the case, I'll read the shit out of that book, even though I'm an ideas-guy.

("Ideas guy" is a famous term in video game development;
Chad Kohalyk
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: working, ebook
Erik Nordeus has done a commendable job, scouring the web of resources to build a narrative of Elon Musk— a man too busy to get involved in a biography— and doing so in a different language! The book is an interesting business model (see leanpub.com/theengineer for more information) and it serves well as a first pass on the story of Elon Musk. I actually learned quite a bit.

In the future I really hope Nordeus is able to get an English editor and make some follow up interviews with the man himsel
Oscar Romero
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love to read anything about Elon Musk--and this book sure gave me a lot more details about his business and his personal life. This book helped me get to know better how Elon works and operates.

Strongly recommended for everyone....as soon as you can read. Elon Musk sure is a unique individual...he is already up-there with the great minds that helped humanity--and he still working at it...he is not done yet, not yet.
Vasco
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First the bad. Has some typos and inconsistent language - could have been better edited. Also might be opinionated and biased as it's one author's racounting of Musk's life events.

The good: it's a valuable, extensive biography and history of Musk. It gives you perspective on all his different enterprises and the context for each. Very comprehensive.
Petr
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
This unofficial biography is not very well written. There are typos, grammatical mistakes and the writing is often confusing and hard to follow. But since it's the closest thing we have right now to Elon Musk's biography, I don't want to complain too much. If you're interested in the man, this is the only decent option right now.
Aissa Benabbou
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Book was a partial of a biography of Elon Musk Innovative life , I enjoyed every chapter of it only one chapter which was about his romance life and stuff ( i found it boring) , i recommend this book to every person love technology,engineer or engineer student ... Enjoy it
Hemant Thapa
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography-memoir
A man to inspire the world through his innovation.
Sunita Gupta Kaushal
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Motivating story. A must read.
Ruben Bos
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
There will be a better biography, as it's mainly based on public articles. But for now, this is a must-read.
Jinglei Cui
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good and detail all you need to do is reading and learn by doing!!! Work hard and to be Elon Musk!!!
Ma Rc
Kunal Sharma
Mar 13, 2018
Fleur Swemmer
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really interesting read.
Pavel

• Black Code: The Battle for the Future of Cyberspace
  • Learn to Program
  • Coding Freedom: The Ethics and Aesthetics of Hacking
  • Gutenberg the Geek
  • The Game Inventor's Guidebook: How to Invent and Sell Board Games, Card Games, Role-Playing Games, & Everything in Between!
  • Mad Like Tesla: Underdog Inventors and their Relentless Pursuit of Clean Energy
  • If You Want It Done Right, You Don't Have to Do It Yourself!: The Power of Effective Delegation
  • Game Theory
  • So You Want to Be an Inventor?
  • Consent of the Networked: The Worldwide Struggle for Internet Freedom
  • Literary Taste
  • The Nature of Things: The Secret Life of Inanimate Objects
  • Digital Photography All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies
  • The Rampa Story
  • The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers
  • Open Sources
"The Engineer - Follow Elon Musk on a journey from South Africa to Mars" was my first book, but it was fun to write it so it will probably not be my last.