Start by marking “Love and Other Games (A Very Sexy Short Story Collection)” as Want to Read:
Love and Other Games (A Very Sexy Short Story Collection)

Love and Other Games (A Very Sexy Short Story Collection)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
LOVE AND OTHER GAMES is a collection of four sexy new adult stories centered around athletes competing in the Winter Games by Ana Blaze, Melinda Dozier, Aria Kane, and Kara Leigh Miller.

Published October 1st 2013 by Swoon Romance

To ask other readers questions about Love and Other Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Other Games

Connie Michael
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read. Each author took an athlete from the Olympic Games and wrote a mini love story. Each excerpt was linked together by the search for ancient torch that is supposed to allow the holder to win the gold. I especially enjoyed a story that included a snow boarder whose friends handcuffed him to a rail. There was humor and sweet love in this book and was a great book to cuddle up on a cold weekend with. 4 stars

Nadine
Dec 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Sexy encounters during the (fictive) winter olympics in Switzerland was what I was hoping for, what I got were 4 short stories that all seemed a bit rushed and shallow. The characters were amazingly similar even though each story was written by a different author. I liked the binding element of a lucky torch they are all after to maximize their winning chances, which was a nice touch.

The sexy bits weren't bad actually, but the characters were all stereotypes and boring, their relationships never
Larissa
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hot athletes. Olympics. Superstitions. Sexy times. What more could you want?

Love and Other Games is a collection of four short stories centered around the Winter Olympics. I loved how the authors wove threads through the stories so they were interconnected. This is a fun winter read. :)

My favorites were The Girl Behind the Gold by Aria Kane and Worth More Than Gold by Ana Blaze.

4.5 stars.

*The publisher provided a copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.*
Sift Book Reviews
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, romance
Each of these stories is a perfect one-sitting, one-glass-of-wine read!

It's hard to fully develop two characters in the short space of a novella, but I liked all of these couples and really rooted for them.

I enjoyed the way the stories weaved into each other oh-so-subtly so that this isn't a collection of four different stories, but more like four different episodes of the same show.
Tickled Pink for Book Ink
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE AND OTHER GAMES

Ana Blaze, Melinda Dozier, Aria Kane, Kara Leigh Miller

Rating Average: 5 out of 5 stars

LOVE AND OTHER GAMES is a collection of four short stories all occurring at the Winter Olympics in Switzerland. They are all stand-alone stories with minor connections. I would say its like a rom-com marathon with lots of sexy included. Who knew the Winter Olympics were so hot?

TROUBLE WITH GOLD

Melinda Dozier

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

A career-driven and serious girl meets an playboy prankster
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/10/16/...

Let me first start by saying that I love and adore all things sports romance. And getting the chance to see some other sports that aren’t typically represented in the genre was such fun. However, when reading a novella, I find that I have a very, VERY, hard time believing in couples that say “I love you” after only a few days. Each and every one of these stories had that, and even more so, they all had a destined-mate feel to
Shirley Frances
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it

Rating: 4 stars
Review: I enjoyed this story very much, mainly because I thought that Amy was a great character to get to know. She was caring and knew how to let go and take advantage of a once in a lifetime chance. Although hesitant to get involved with Erik, especially since she doesn't remember much about the night they met, Amy was matured enough to keep her head, but enjoy her time with Erik.

Erik too was a great character. He was funny and sexy and treated
Chu
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

In Worth More Than Gold, we are introduced to Amy – the clumsy sister and manager of America’s Skating Sweetheart. She loves to work backstage and help her sister with her training. But when an eager friend drags her to a party near the Olympic Village – she caught the attention of a sexy Norwegian ski jumper. With a little booze, inhibitions were dropped, and an amazing night followed. But the next morning, she couldn’t find her Viking.

Eri
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

In Love and Other Games we see four stories that center around the Winter Olympics. However, they have more in common than the Olympics, but some type of good luck charm. Will each of our athletes find luck and love to; lets see.

Trouble with Gold
Melinda Dozier

The best way to describe this novella is adorable. We have Ty Madison (aka Trouble) an Olympic snowboarder. Ty is aiming to win gold. However, his teammates decided to play a little joke on him. Good thing they did
Lola
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got a copy in exchange for an honest review.

This review consists of a short review of each short story and a summary at the end. This is the first contemporary short story anthology I read and I really enjoyed it.

Trouble with Gold by Melinda Dozier
Trouble with Gold was a fun and enjoyable short story. A bit too short and a bit predictable, but lots of fun. Ty is a trouble maker and falls in love with Nadia, who is only there for work. It was nice to see how Nadia changes and finally had some f
Stacey
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
***ARC provided for honest review*** - originally posted at Reading Rainblog

All four of these stories were cute, fun, easy reads. They were each a story you could read in one sitting, and then come back to read the next one – unless you’re like me and can’t leave a book partially read. No wonder I’m up most nights until 2am! Every story was different, but they all had similarities as well. I’ve read books by Melinda and Kare, but Ana and Aria are new authors to me, and I can’t wait to read more
Pam
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review
Worth More Than Gold by Ana Blaze
I really liked Amy and how Erik really teaches her to loosen up some. She has taken life so serious because she has had to and quit taking time for herself. He is a sexy joker who likes to show her he can be serious but he likes to have fun as well. Erik also is getting to the point to where he needs to think about what to do after the Olympics. They both really are a good match for each other.

Ice Gold by Kara Leigh Miller
I love this story. Breena has t
Michelle
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love and Other Games is a collection of four short love stories centered around the athletes of the winter olympics. I am super excited for the actual winter Olympics to start in a couple of weeks, so this book was perfect to get me in the mood. If only the real Olympics were this fun and lovey dovey. All of the stories were a ton of fun and I enjoyed them all. I think my favorite out of the four was Trouble with Gold by Melinda Dozier. I just loved the fun loving dynamic between Nadia and Ty.

B
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
My Review: Love and Other Games
My Overall Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reviewed by Tickled Pink for Book Ink on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

✳✳ View the entire review on I
Gaele
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
An anthology of four short stories, they are all tied together with common threads: there is romance, and each has a character that is in the winter Olympics. Quick reading, each story stands alone, as a complete bite of a moment in time for the characters within.

These four stories all were enjoyable in their own way, characters were believable and intriguing, their stories were presented giving a logical reason for their behavior and reactions. There was enough drama and conflict to keep reade
Chantel Rhondeau
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is a fun collection of sexy short stories that I quite enjoyed. Truthfully, I only picked it up because of Melinda Dozier. I love her books and her story, Trouble With Gold, didn't disappoint. I loved Ty and Nadia's whirlwind romance and their fun, flirty, and hot story. However, the other stories were quite enjoyable and I would recommend the entire book (though fun-loving Ty has my heart and I still giggle about Nadia's panties).

I'm not normally a person who reads short stories, but this
Virginia Brasch
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying this was my first Sports Romance. I'm super not into sports (Sorry!) I've watched them occasionally and root for cute players. I can't help it.

That being said, I'm a total convert. I loved it. They're fun, short stories. They're each different yet characters are mentioned in each story so you really get a feel that they're all going on at the same time in the same place. I really enjoyed that.

Who knew the Olympics were so sexy? These girls did clearly and I can't wait to
Sophie Moss
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is a fun collection of romances that takes place at the Olympics. Each story is different, and I enjoyed reading about the different winter sports and athletes. The third story, The Girl Behind the Gold, was particularly well written and I really felt for the characters in that story. I would like to read a full length romance written by that author.
Nance
Absolutely loved this book!!!!! Wished the books were longer...they were that awesome!!!! Can't wait to read more books from all four authors!!!! They were really that good...

Full review be written soon...
Rachel
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of anthologies and this was a lovely collection of sweet and sexy New Adult stories with athletes--which I love-- set against the backdrop of the Olympic Games. Hard to pick a favorite.
Aria Kane
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so excited for everyone to read this book! Thank you so much for all of your support!
Abbie
I never really liked sports but the romance was enough to hold my attention.
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked it. It was very well written
Amber Daulton
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thank you, Aria Kane, for sending me this ebook copy of Love and Other Games for an honest review.
I loved how these individual stories flowed together with characters from one story being mentioned in another and how each story shared similar settings, locations and the Lucky Torch. They don���t need to be read in order as printed in the book but that���s how I read them anyway.

4 STARS!!!

My Reviews...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Trouble with Gold by Melinda Dozier is the first novella in the anthology
Nikki Lynn Vale
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

Worth More Than Gold
by Ana Blaze

Amy Pierce, the klutzy sister and manager of America’s Skating Sweetheart, is used to being invisible. But when a friend drags her to a party near the Olympic Village, Amy catches the eye of a sexy Norwegian ski jumper. It’s a magical night, but an awkward next morning has her ru
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love and Other Games by Ana Blaze, Melinda Dozier, Aria Kane, and Kara Leigh Miller

My rating: 4/5
DRC provided by author for an honest review
Published: 10.1.2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Summary –

Shelly
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
It's that time of year when we have a plethora of seasonal stories, in this case - winter. What's different about this anthology is that it's based around the Winter Olympics. As these stories happen during the same sequence of day, they're concomitant and happen over a very short time frame - things, including sex, happen really quickly. So get your cup of hot chocolate and sit by a roaring fire and settle in for a good time. I'm going to review each story as they appear in the ARC that I recei ...more
Maria
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review. I rated it 4.5 out of 5 Stars.

A collection of four short stories taking place during a fictional Winter Olympics, Love and Other Games by Ana Blaze, Aria Kane, Kara Leigh Miller and Melinda Dozier is light hearted, full of spicy romance and a fun read. The authors remind us that even though the athletes are serious about participating in their sport, and their pursuit of a gold medal,
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Julie
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Worth More Than Gold ~ REVIEW

Worth More Than Gold is the story of Amy Pierce who used to be a competitive figure skater but quit at the age of thirteen when her younger sister, by four years, showed much more promise than she did. Amy now manages her sister's olympic path. When Amy's best friend talks her into going to a party the first night after arriving in Switzerland, she ends up meeting Erik Andresen, a Norwegian ski jumper. This is his las
kelly {BookCrushin}
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This spoiler-free review was published originally on my blog on 1/20/14; http://bookcrush.in/reviews/blog-tour...

I will admit it right off the bat: I am a huge fan of the Olympics. Yes, I like most major league sports too, but the Olympics are different. I never feel more pride, patriotism or excitement as I do when the Olympics are on. I want Team USA to smear the floor with the competition and win it for themselves & our country. You can bet that my DVR will be recording the upcoming game
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Some Like It Hot!: Love and Other Games - 99Cents 1 12 Dec 22, 2013 09:23AM
  • Jump, Jive, and Wail
  • Pairing Off (Red Hot Russians, #1)
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Brave
  • Strike (Completion, #2)
  • Edge of the Past (Edge, #2)
  • Curve
  • Torch (Wildwood, #3)
  • Loving David
  • Heartbreak Ranch (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • Christmas Catch (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Saving Rain (Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Sex Snob
  • Dare to Stay (The Sons of Steel Row, #2)
  • Courted (Gowns & Crowns, #1)
  • Walk on the Wild Side
  • Debauched (Undone, #3)
  • Shelter Me
Ana lives just outside Washington DC with her very supportive husband and three rather demanding cats. She loves the ocean, Indian food, Ikea, and cooking. Ana admits to watching too much television and she swears that someday she’s going to learn how to play the guitar resting on the bookshelf in her office.
Ana is a member of Romance Writers of America.
More about Ana Blaze

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“He was in search of a story, nothing more. He shouldn't be thinking about her bedroom at all. But, in a matter of minutes, the Greek aerialist had drawn him in with her shy smiles and quirky humor.” 1 likes
“Then she melted against him. He felt the moment she surrendered to him. It made his blood sing with need. Finally.” 1 likes