Start by marking “Caribou Crossing (Caribou Crossing #1)” as Want to Read:
Caribou Crossing (Caribou Crossing #1)

Caribou Crossing

(Caribou Crossing #1)

Author Susan Fox begins an exciting new series with this heartwarming introduction to the rugged Western town of Caribou Crossing—where a starry-eyed young couple sow the seeds of the life they’ve always wanted…

Wade Bly is certain of his destiny: He’ll marry his high school sweetheart, Miriam, work at his father’s ranch, and eventually inherit the place and make it his own
Published June 25th 2013 by Zebra Books

To ask other readers questions about Caribou Crossing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caribou Crossing

Dorine
Rated 3.5 Stars.

What happens when a couple has the perfect life and then that life is jostled by something unexpected? Will they be strong enough to survive it together?

This contemporary western novella takes place in British Columbia's Cariboo Region during the years of 1994 through 1995, in a fictional town called Caribou Crossing. I was drawn to the book by its cover, assuming that it would be about ranching and it sounded like a series I'd enjoy. It was also a free read when I downloaded it.
Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
To read more reviews like this one, follow me on my blog. http://fireandicebookreviews.blogspot...

3.5 stars.

Caribou Crossing was an okay read for me.

I liked that it was about the life of a married couple. Most romance books only show the happily ever after . They never show life after marriage. I thought it was clever of the author to show what the family went through. (view spoiler)
Kathy
Jun 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh...
Arlene
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the characters in this book. Can't read it fast enough. Can't wait to the next book. Love it!
Cris
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: country, romance
O livro parece um daqueles romances de banca fofos, que eu tanto gosto.
É a história de amigos de infancia, Wade e Mirian, que se casam após o colegial, e enfrentam a vida de casados juntos; o nascimento da filha e as dificuldades para pagar as contas. A vida deles não era perfeita, mas era muito boa, até o dia em que aconteceu uma desgraça e tudo mudou.
A historia se divide entre o passado recente e o presente, com o acidente, e mostra que o amor não é perfeito o tempo todo.
Gostei bastante do cl
Cris
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Tudo pra ser um ótimo livro, só que não !!! Claro, o casamento não é o felizes para sempre que todo mundo pensa, há momentos infelizes também, porém eu achei que Miriam se entregou muito fácil e esqueceu de tudo e de todos, pensando só em si . Achando que só ela estava sofrendo, e por 6 meses ela se fechou em seu mundo chorando a perda do bebê e do útero. Sério, o Wade foi um santo !!! Ele, por sua parte, quase perde o rancho por conta do orgulho, não querendo pedir ajuda ou um conselho a ningué ...more
Amber
Aug 10, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible book. I only made it through the first couple of chapters but it was way too graphic. I was hoping it was just going to ellude to things briefly at most, so i skipped over a bit of it and it was still being talked about. Way to crude. There was potential for the overall storyline, but I could not put myself through reading any more of that.
Charlotte Skibicki
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Roller coaster of emotions

Fall in love with Mirium and Wade as they face life's ups and downs together. The back and forth between present day and past memories was a little difficult to follow at first when listening to audio. This book will make you run the gauntlet of emotions, it is Funny, sad, heartbreaking and romantic. It is a stand alone read.
Shell Williams
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
great read

Such a loving romance they loved each other so much threw so much I wasn't sure what was going to happen but now I do and if you want to know you'll have to read it I couldn't put it down I read it in a few hrs
Gerry Humes
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good read.

A true to life story. Young love and dreams, life happening, depression and problems, awakening to their problems, facing them and choosing to work towards solving the problems.
Joanie
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
This is a modern romance of Miriam and Wade and how it blossomed. A tragedy happened and it did take a long time for the two of then to come to terms. Each one had a different way to cope but would they be able to go back to the "beginning"?
Ballerina60
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
disappointing. reminds me of what mom used to say, "if you can't say anything nice, try not to say anything at all". this was a sad story that had to be concocted to go along with other books already written. it wasn't badly written, but it was a lousy story in just about every way imaginable.
Linda
Jun 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay but didn't like some parts of it.
Carol Pelzl
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining

I like the characters and enjoyed the many different moods that is illustrated and how they worked out. It was a great read.
Phyllis Self
Great series enjoyed book
Chris
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short, light and fluffy. Like weak Kool-aid, didn't really satisfy. Not interested enough in the next book to pay full price.
Michelle
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was entirely too "Polyanna" for me. I struggled to get through it. I was intrigued enough, however, by their daughter's story to purchase Home On The Range (Book 2).
Marilyn
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good

this was all about the relationships and love of family the comments that people make to each other.the hard life of ranching
Judy Tremblett
mary m isabella
Jun 30, 2014
Evie
Jan 20, 2017
  • Husband Wanted: Will Train  (Destiny Bay: Baby Dreams, #1)
  • By Design
  • Legendary Lover
  • Mansion for My Love
  • Prisoner of the Flames
  • Hot Flash
  • A Dixie Christmas (includes Cajun, #7.5)
  • A Vision of Sugarplums
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • Man Of Stone
  • To Love a Stranger
  • Borrowed Wife
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • The Bird Day Battalion (Dom and Kate #1)
  • The Husband School (Willing to Wed #1)
  • The Second Mrs Adams
  • The Perfect Father (The Crightons) (Harlequin Presents # 2092)
  • Days like This (Jackson Falls, #3)
There is more than one author with this name

Susan Fox, who also writes as Savanna Fox and Susan Lyons, "knows want women want in contemporary romance" (Publishers Weekly).

For complete information on Susan's books (including behind-the-scenes notes), visit her website. You can also sign up for her newsletter there.

Susan’s "Love Somebody Like You" was a 2016 finalist for Romance Writers of America

Caribou Crossing (8 books)
  • Home on the Range (Caribou Crossing #2)
  • Gentle On My Mind (Caribou Crossing, #3)
  • Stand by Your Man (Caribou Crossing, #3.5)
  • Love Me Tender (Caribou Crossing, #4)
  • Love Somebody Like You (Caribou Crossing, #5)
  • Ring of Fire (Caribou Crossing, #6)
  • Holiday in Your Heart (Caribou Crossing #7)