Start by marking “Oathbreaker (The Godhunter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Oathbreaker (The Godhunter, #3)

Oathbreaker

(The Godhunter #3)

The Third Book in The Godhunter Series:

Vervain Lavine needs a little time to figure things out. Things like how to control the multiple beasts and magics inside her. Or how to lead a Pride of werelions who act more like a bunch of frat boys than grown men. She needs to work out her relationship with Trevor, the werewolf Prince bonded to her, and if his grandfather, Loki, i
Kindle Edition, 1, 273 pages
Published August 1st 2013 by Create Space (first published July 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Oathbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oathbreaker

Bunnycore
Dear Amy Sumida,

You have killed me, wrung me through the ringer and drained my emotions dry.

I have become such a fan of this series and it was all because of the first book. Now I just finished book number three and I am stunned. I laughed with you, I cried with you, I fell in love again and again with you. I don’t know how much more I can take. So many things happened in this book, V found out a few new things. Odin is now on my ‘oh my god if you don’t take him I will’ I love him. I love him so
Marguerite (M)

Mother
Fucking special snowflake
Sassapphras
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm getting tired of hearing slut and whore in regards to the MC. Also, in a previous novel, it was said that the gods aren't jealous... so why shouldn't she be sleeping around? And it really pisses me off when authors degrade women because they want to (or are) sleep(ing) with other people.
Tiera McMillian
I may have to take a break from this series. The frustration is real! If one more new person comes in and lays a claim on V imma scream. For realz it’s getting ridiculous. And Blue you dirty bastard, I get that V didn’t trust Blue and that hurt his feelings but come on. I can’t deal with V’s indecisiveness anymore one minute she’s going on and on about trusting her instincts the next minute she’s a giant pile of hotmess and can’t get her crap together anymore. Really this could have all been all ...more
Jeanny
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
MAJOR SPOILERS THROUGHOUT:
I loved this book! It has definitely been my favorite installment in the series so far. It was fast paced, filled with action, plenty of drama, and there is was an abundance of character development that I just ate up. Also, there were some new gods and goddesses added to the mix that I was surprised to see.
I love Vervain. It is so fun to be in her head. I love her attitude and how she is always finding something snarky to say. Finding out that she was Sabine wasn't
Michelle
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Series is still going strong

I am not sure that I love the Sabine angle in this book. Vervain is already quite the special cupcake and sometimes it can be a bit much. However, I still really enjoyed the book and will continue reading the series. Something about these characters and their world keep sucking me in.
Jennifer G
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Amy Sumida has such an imagination. I can't stress how great the concept of these books is. The idea of every God thought up by mankind actually existing because of human beliefs provides such a wealth of storytelling. To uphold the human beliefs or myths and then to exist outside of them as real individuals interacting in the God and human world has endless possibilities for entertainment. The characters are fascinating, relatable, clever, kind, cruel, and witty.

Just when I believe that Vervai
Natalie panda eyes
Okay then, it feels like the series is finding its footing and its not gonna be a bucket list of relationships with the guys. Firstly yay for the summary part at the beginning, I can’t remember when I read the previous one. I like it when you can pick up a book and get straight into it. I don’t actually find V that special, its more the characters around her. A bit too many speeches, info dumps etc. I pretty much was thinking she best not hurt Trevor after the screw up with Thor. Pretty much an ...more
Matilde Damkier
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
At first I thought: Wow, this book is so much better than the last, it's just flying by! Then I realized that this book is significantly shorter than the last.
That said, I really liked this book. I was afraid this series was going to see Vervaine adding new powers and new men every book, but in this book it was tempered, but the book itself was still eventful.

The things I disliked in book 2 were mostly absent here, and we got to see more of Odin, though unfortunately not much of Blue.
All in all,
Frances Law
Somewhat irritating.

Vervain is regaining her memories of her past life as Sabine, the witch wife to Odin and mother of his sons. Meanwhile, Demeter wants to harm Vervain in any way that she can, directly or, preferably, indirectly. Odin finds his traitor and we end up in a full out god war. This book didn’t grab my attention as the previous two did and the series seems to be heading in a dark direction. I found myself quite irritated at times. It was still well written but didn’t justify more th
Mary
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had some issues with this one, but that could truthfully be attributed to the health issues occurring whilst reading. It took me almost two weeks to read a book I’d normally finish in one to two days. Ah well. At least the er visits were fun.

So. I felt like this was a bit of a filler book, if that makes any sense. A lot of nothing was occurring. Not much progress in the overall series plot or character development. But there’s always the next book. This was, after all, just the third book in
T.
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent addition to the Godhunter series. I loved the complexity of this story with it's mix of myth and unique worldbuilding. The Odin tie-in was unexpected and a welcome twist to the plot. Sumida is very clever with her story-building and layering prior books to keep the tension and action moving.
Laurie Hopkins
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Enjoying the series

The one minor drawback is that the author spends a lot of time reviewing things from previous books, as a reader who reads all the books together and will re-read a series when a new book is available, I find this very annoying. I already read about it I don't need to have a full review. Like I said it's minor but annoying.
Galina Sulaiman
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oath breaker

Book three in the Godhunter series. Vervain the heroine is back with the Godcrew , her mate , Odin, and everyone from the previous books. I enjoyed the twists the book took. The fight scenes were good as well. This book was shorter than the others though, I'd prefer it was longer.
Jamies
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is an investment in time.

You can't be a casual reader of this saga and try to read other books. It is possible but in the back of my mind I'm still wondering "what is going to happen next in Vervain's life". Its no fun so I'm pausing this sage until I can knock down those other books. My full attention will be to devour this saga as fast a possible when I do restart.
Becca
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gods are so dramatic

Oh, the drama! Love lives get complicated when you live forever and never age, and even more so when there's magic involved. Forever is a long time to love someone. Or hate them.
Adriannleigh717
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read

This installment of the Godhunter series we resort to read than book 2. It moved continuously, brought many different emotions, but managed to keep it light simultaneously.
Andrea Carruthers
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Excellently written. Oathbreaker has a great storyline and is wonderfully descriptive. I loved the characters, especially Vervain. I can't wait to see where the next book takes us!
Terri West
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yet another entertaining read and life is getting hotter (in more than one way) for Vervain. Lots of twists and turns in this series and I look forward to the next installment.
Tara Brune
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and has you on the edge of your seat

Finished the first 3 in a week! Cant put them down.i like how it has the first chapter or two in the previous book.
Mandi
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good!

So glad this series was recommended to me. I am throughly enjoying reading it. I'm so glad there's so many out and I don't have to wait for a new book!
Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector
Awwwwwgggg this book. I have so many questions...lol On to the next one. :)
Stacy
Eh. I don't really care for the situation with Odin.
Bec
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
JadeShea
In the third book of the series, Vervain needs some time to just be herself and figure out how to rule a pride of werelions, that's easier said than done though. Now, with Odin asking for her help and Vervain having strange feelings towards him things are getting crazy for her. Not to mention the fact that she's still getting use to people needing her help.

This was a little sad at times, but it was still very good. I was hoping Odin would get with Vervain, but we shall see.

This one had a lot o
Julie
May 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
I honestly think this will be the last book for me. I can see why people are comparing this series to Anita Blake. And for many that is not a compliment. I stuck with that series far longer than i should have and dont want to make the same mistake here. I love the world building and the characters but the choices the main character is baffling. (Her devotion to Trevor makes no sense to me.) Also I don't understand why so many gorgeous godly men are all attracted to the MC and that her immaturity ...more
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. Vivain has grown throughout the series so far, and when faced with past lovers, new enemies and impossible situations, she doesn't back down from the challenge. I love the snarky sense of humor infused in every chapter, but Vivain also handles the serious issues surprisingly well. I can't wait to see what happens next. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
Brandi
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

I absolutely love this series! Vervain is an wonderful heroine. I have to admit I still wish there was more than just Trevor as her love. That's a little messed up but I hate to see the other characters involved without her love. I can't wait to read the next book and highly recommend this series.
Mercy
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can you love books that much?
Vervain is or could be every woman, it's easy to relate to her, she is truthful, she is responsible and she is free from most of the human morality. Love her life (including the fights, the kidnappings and the near death experiences).

• A Demon's Blade (The Desdemona Chronicles, #1)
  • An Unhuman Journey (Only Human #2)
  • Make Me Burn (Fireborne, #2)
  • Electric Legend (Raven Investigations #4)
  • Finding Faerie (Pixie Dust Chronicles, #3)
  • Just Her Luck
  • Ghost in the Maze (Ghost Exile, #2)
  • City of the Lost (Chronicles of Arcana #2)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • The Grim (Midnight Squad, #1)
  • The Big Fix (Ciel Halligan, #3)
  • Stone Cold Seduction (Set in Stone, #1)
  • Reaper (The Guardian Legacies, #2)
  • Rescued by their Wife (Wings of Artemis, #2)
  • A Cross to Bear (Gabriella Cross, #1)
  • Dead Shifter Walking (The Succubus Executioner #1)
  • Revelations (Forever #3)
  • Shadowburbia
Amy Sumida is the Internationally Acclaimed author of the Award-Winning Godhunter Series, the fantasy paranormal Twilight Court Series, the Beyond the Godhunter Series, the music-oriented paranormal Spellsinger Series, and several short stories. Her books have been translated into several languages, have made it to the top sellers list on Amazon numerous times, and the first book in her Spellsinge ...more

The Godhunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Godhunter (The Godhunter, #1)
  • Of Gods and Wolves (The Godhunter #2)
  • Marked by Death (The Godhunter, #4)
  • Green Tea and Black Death (The Godhunter, #5)
  • A Taste For Blood (The Godhunter, #6)
  • The Tainted Web (The Godhunter, #7)
  • Harvest of the Gods (The Godhunter, #8)
  • A Fey Harvest(The Godhunter, #9)
  • Into the Void (The Godhunter, #10)
  • Out of the Darkness (The Godhunter, #11)