Start by marking “Forget Me Not (The Heart's Spring, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forget Me Not (The Heart's Spring, #1)

Forget Me Not

(The Heart's Spring #1)

Prequel to Bleeding Heart

Old hurts, new betrayals, and a love that survives them all...

Summer 1885

A startling revelation sends Elizabeth Lawson escaping into a stormy night - and tosses her into the arms of a young mountain man with secrets of his own. When he offers to take her to the Nevada mining town where her long-lost brother lives, she accepts. Suspicions and uncert
Published January 18th 2014 by Seasons of a Story

To ask other readers questions about Forget Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Me Not

Melanie
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2CVJSL6...
Review on my blog (to be posted 1/31): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

I was pleasantly surprised when I read Bleeding Heart (book two in this series and Amber Stokes' debut novel) last year, and I was anticipating this prequel to that story! Forget Me Not was another great read! The pages flew by as I was reading and the story kept me guessing - I really had no idea how things would turn out for Elizabeth and David.

Speak
Renee
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
As with any novel set in a historical time period, I always enjoy the story that can take me back. I think a select few authors are born with the talent to write and weave a story that can make you feel as if you've lived it. Amber Stokes is one of those writers.

As in her debut novel, Bleeding Heart, the character's journeys tug at the heart strings. Akin to a Mary Connealy novel, there's action galore (I dare you to read the first chapter without holding your breath!) and a sweet romance remini
Julie Graves
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
From the very beginning I found myself turning page after page! I literally hated to leave the story that Amber has created! Each time I picked it up, because sadly this reader cannot read 24/7, I would once again be caught up in the setting and the characters lives.

Amber truly has a gift for drawing the reader into her story and making it come alive amongst the pages. I loved David and Elizabeth’s story. If you have read Amber’s first published novel Bleeding Heart you will remember who they a
Amber
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Forget Me Not is an achingly beautiful illustration of how all good things come about in God’s timing. It is impossible for us to see the big picture as God sees it. Our vision is severely limited and grossly distorted compared to his eternal and crystal clear vision. We need to let go of our debilitating and unfounded fears and allow Him to work in, through, and for us. Only then will we know true peace and pure joy.

David is a man haunted by his past. He finds strength and contentment in his s
Rachel Heffington
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amber's setting is quite believable and well-researched. I'm not the hugest fan of western fiction but she drew me into Virginia City and kept me there with vivid descriptions. When I read her historical note at the back of the book and found she had actually been to her location, that explained much. Amber did a fabulous job portraying a precarious, immoral town that masquerades as something fabulous. I liked the men of the book and the fact that David in particular is such a gentleman. Even th ...more
Miranda A. Uyeh
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Forget Me Not is a tender but intense story. It’s so easy to flow with the plot on a general level, but at the same time, get invested in each character and their personal stories.

From David’s quiet nature and mature mind, to Elizabeth’s strong will and naivety, and sometimes indecisiveness, the story is not so simple afterwards, as it leads to uncovering of secrets, heartbreaks and new found love.

I love how the Forget Me Not flower was woven into an essential part of the plot, a part that descr
Bluerose's  Heart
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, romance
A few months ago, I had the wonderful pleasure of reading Bleeding Heart. Forget Me Notwas an even greater pleasure to read! I knew some of the backstory concerning Forget Me Not, and knew that it was a story that had been with Amber even longer. It's also the prequel to Bleeding Heart. I don't always think a prequel is better read first, but in this case I DO think it would be better. There are certain events in Bleeding Heart that I think will have an even greater impact knowing the backstory ...more
Sherida Stewart
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Forget Me Not, which is the prequel to Amber’s debut novel, Bleeding Hearts, David saves Elizabeth from a rushing Colorado creek and helps her travel to Nevada to find her brother. Their journey is a realistic tale of trials encountered along the way. Arriving in Virginia City, she learns about her brother and this leads to involvements which test the love developing between David and Elizabeth.

Amber writes intriguing stories which have the feel of western sagas. Recurring characters add to t
Shantelle
Forget Me Not is the first book in the Heart's Spring series. It tells the stories of Elizabeth Lawton and David, which I was quite excited to read about, having briefly heard about them from Bleeding Heart. -Also, it touched up on Jacob, Annabelle, Joe, and Myghal's lives, which was wonderful as well. It was great to see how everything fit together, and how all the characters' stories came through.

I have to say... I'm kind of sad how Joe's life worked out, from Forget Me Not, to Bleeding Heart.
Rachelle Cobb
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'd been waiting for Forget Me Not since Bleeding Heart's release! It did not disappoint.

This second book of Amber's is actually the first one she ever wrote, thus it is the prequel to her debut. But no worries about reading them out of order: familiar characters make their way onstage, but the focus is exclusively on David and Elizabeth's journey.

It truly is a journey, too. From mountain passes to encounters with wild animals to fleeing on a train, the pace of this novel is destined to keep you
Miranda Atchley
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth Lawson never knew she had a brother. Her parents died when she was little and her neighbor, Sarah Anne, began raising her. Now in 1885, Elizabeth is eighteen, and Sarah Anne has decided to tell her about her older brother Jacob, who had already left home by the time Elizabeth was born. Angry with Sarah Anne and curious about the older brother she's never known, Elizabeth leaves for Virginia City, where Jacob moved to when he left home. On her journey, Elizabeth falls into a creek and i ...more
Rissi
Shelves: blog-tour, review, 2014
Published in 2014, Forget Me Not is actually the first novel in the new self-published series, The Heart’s Spring series falling first in the timeline to its published predecessor Bleeding Heart. Comprised of three novels and a collection of novellas, Forget Me Not is another journey saga – both literal and fugitively. It tells the story of the young Elizabeth Lawson whose young life was shattered when she lost her parents and now as a young 18-year-old, she’s just learned that she has a brother ...more
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Review originally posted on i blog 4 books: http://iblog4books.blogspot.com/2014/...

After hearing a ton of "buzz" about Amber Stokes' debut novel, Bleeding Hearts, I've been anxious to read one of her books! Since Forget Me Not is the first in The Heart's Spring series, I decided to wait for it to release and then read the series in order. (I'm attempting to be a purist here ... what can I say?!)

Within the first pages of Forget Me Not, I was instantly curious to find out what would happen next!
Carissa
Shelves: 2014-reviews
itle: Forget Me Not

Author: Amber Stokes

Series: The Heart’s Spring #1

Chapters: 24

Genre: Christian Historical

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Forget Me Not is actually the prequel to Bleeding Heart though Bleeding Heart was published first. In Forget me Not Elizabeth Lawson is wanting to find her brother whom she has never meet before. David recues her from danger and agrees to help her find her brother. Both Elizabeth and David are running from their pasts. They just don’t realize it. Nor do they realize that
Faye
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Lawson is on a quest to find the brother she never knew. After being rescued from a raging river by a handsome mountain man, David, she finds herself trusting him as he joins her on her journey to Virginia City. But David has secrets of his own. Can love grow in the wake of heartache?

The prequel to Bleeding Heart, Forget Me Not took me back to Virginia City where it all started. Elizabeth and David's story was beautiful, and heartfelt. And I was pleased to find Joe, Seth, Myghal, and S
Melinda
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!

I enjoyed this book. It's well written, full of delightful plot twists, and well, wonderful!

David & Elizabeth captured my heart in the beginning of the book. I was unhappy with both of them at times, but in the end it was worth it. I feel like there could have been more emphasis on remorse, forgiveness, grace, and redemption over the obvious flaws in some of the characters.

Also, I wish there would have been more in closure and resolution to Jacob & Annabelle's situation, I'm h
My Book Addiction and More MBA
FORGET ME NOT by Amber Stokes is an exciting Inspirational Western Romance. #1 in "The Heart's Spring" and what a great beginning to a new series. A charming tale of flawed characters and their struggles with faith and love. Filled with forgiveness, intrigue and romance. Fast paced with drama and emotions. I enjoyed FORGET ME NOT very much! A great debut for this author and one I would recommend. Received for an honest review.
Sandra Leesmith
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amber writes a wonderful historical romance that is unique and full of adventure of the real west. I like her unusual settings, her daring conflicts and wonderful characters. It was especially fun to find out the stories of characters from Bleeding Heart which I enjoyed also. I received an ARC of this book for review.
Amy
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Forget Me Not is a prequel to Bleeding Hearts. I have not yet read Bleeding Bleeding but I definitely will now. I love the place setting and the intensity of the storyline. I believe the author has a long writing career ahead of her. Great talent!
A highly recommended read. 5 stars.
robin davenport
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Romance with a twist

I found the characters of Annabelle, David and Elizabeth very likable. The story was captivating and easier to read.It touched my emotions and I read it in two days was very hard to put down.

Alyssa
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review Coming Soon for the Forget Me Not Blog Tour!
Lisa C.
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Would rate this between two and three if I could. It was rather dull and unremarkable. The heroine was very childish and I couldn't like her. The whole story was rather unbelievable.
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet romance story.
Nancy
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story of Elizabeth and her need to find her brother. She thought she didn't have any living relatives left. She finds out and runs off. Falls in the river and is rescued by David. He agrees to help her find her brother. They begin a journey together. David recognizes her from his past, but we don't know how. They travel together to Nevada. She finds her brother and much more. Who is her brother really? He seems to have secrets. A young man by the name of Joe enters and makes things ...more
Nicole
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was really torn with this book. I couldn't really sympatize with the choices made by the heroine at some points knowing that her heart was not in it to proceed with them. The story had potential, but I feel it lacked more depth to the story, characters personalities and backgrounds as well as more situations to feel more connected with the characters and their emotional or physical struggles, particularly David's.

Overrall I think it was a fairly decent story with a potentially good an enyojabl
Bethany Swafford
May 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
The flow of the narrative was not smooth. I spent most of the time thinking it was the most unlikely plot and the characters all seemed...immature. I wanted to enjoy it more, having seen all the positive reviews, but I just couldn't.
Patricia
Apr 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
I just made it to about the 30% mark and just couldn't finish it. The beginning was illogical--I chalked it up to both of them being naive but it just seemed to go from bad to worse once they arrived in Nevada. I just cannot read on.
Bailey Marissa
(4.8 Because of an acute love triangle.) I love this and it's super cute and a shorter story which makes it quicker to read.

14+ for 'Working girls,' but nothing vulgar/description. One scene with them, but is almost immediately interrupted.

Also, Myghal. He's my fave. #SorryNotSorry
Peggy Primavera
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Forget me Not

This was a good read. I thought it went a little flat in places, but all in all it was pretty good
Cindy
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: q-r-s
David/Casey

I enjoyed this short story about a young woman leaving home and growing up. only to return home, where she finds her love.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 21, 2015 11:51AM

• Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • The Message on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #3)
  • Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1)
  • California Brides
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)
  • Under the Summer Sky (The Dakota Diaries #2)
  • Left Holding His Baby (The Greek Tycoon #1)
  • Surrendered Hearts (Vermont Blessings, #2)
  • Starving Hearts (Triangular Trade Trilogy, #1)
  • The Pirate Daughter's Promise (Pirates & Faith, #1)
  • Whispers on the Prairie (Pioneer Promises, #1)
  • A Lady in the Making (Prairie Dreams, #3)
  • Softly Falling
  • Songs of the Shenandoah (Heirs of Ireland #3)
  • To Honor and Trust (Bridal Veil Island, #3)
  • Silken Promises
  • Captured
  • Shades of Summer (Haunting Ruby, #1)
Amber Holcomb (Stokes) is an indie author and freelance editor living below the majestic mountains of Montana with her adventurous husband. Previously, she worked in marketing for a Christian publisher for nearly three years. Her passion for books compelled her to earn a bachelor's degree in English and now fuels her work with words in this new season of life.

Where Trains Collide, While You're Awa

The Heart's Spring (3 books)
  • Bleeding Heart (The Heart's Spring, #2)
  • Morning Glory (The Heart's Spring, #3)