Start by marking “Emotionally Compromised” as Want to Read:
Emotionally Compromised

Emotionally Compromised

(Emotionally Compromised #1)

Federal Agent Alex Turner deals better with guns than boyfriends, and prefers it that way. Her emotional range is bleak, but her aim is damn near perfect.

Paperback, CreateSpace, 460 pages
Published November 15th 2013 by A. Rosa

To ask other readers questions about Emotionally Compromised, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emotionally Compromised

Start your review of Emotionally Compromised
Charlotte Ashley
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of romance books out there, and a lot of thrillers, but there aren't very many books like this. Emotionally Compromised occupies my happy spot between HOT and ZOMG, managing to balance a high-stakes plot and a sizzling romance at the same time. Alex (the heroine) is a smart, competent, no-bullshit badass and Jeremy Hunt (the hero) is a strong, sensitive, persistent hunk. There are no domineering assholes or simpering wallflowers here! At least not ones we're supposed to be rootin ...more
Noelle Beltz
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the beginning of the first chapter, she had me hooked. I was immediately dragged into the plot line. As the story continued, I was dragged through an unbelievable roller coaster, where I had absolutely no clue on what would occur at the beginning of each page. As I read each emotionally compelling page, I felt a complete wave flood over me with unknown emotions I never thought I knew.

If I could rate this over 5 stars, I would. The plot is emotionally compelling, and makes you feel as if sh
Debby
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally Compromised is sexy, dangerous, and one of the best books of all time, This book is not like any other book. I read all in one sitting and all because I could not put it down. This book deserves to be in the New York Times Bestsellers! Federal Agent is what every single girl secretly wishes to be; strong, beautiful, and of course an badass. And oh so dreamy Jeremy, even thought there were times I wanted to hit him. The hot CEO was the perfect match for Alex. Even thought, their new l ...more
Gillian (Tattooed Book Review)
This review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.com!

My Rating: 4.5 Stars

“Relationships are more stressful than saving the world.”

I love romantic suspense, and this book succeeds in perfectly combining the romance and the suspense elements, resulting in a story that is all at once sexy, intense, exciting, and even funny.

Alex and Jeremy come to realize, in their own dysfunctional way, that they are perfect for one another. Their chemistry is absolutely sizzling and it’s impossible not to want them
Lisa Gillis
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Agent Turner and Jeremy Hunt have a sizzling relationship. The sparks are always flying whether in anger or lust. Each has a very important opposite agenda in their careers. But when they should be thinking and looking out for themselves, they find themselves looking out for each other. Even so, they still cannot seem to throw aside outside interference and follow their heart. The turn of every page had me rooting for this couple’s HEA and just when I was losing hope, a climatic scene at last fo ...more
J.C. McDowell
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writers-to-love
There wasn't a thing I disliked about this book. The characters were spot on. The sex was hot. The suspense was thrilling.

The only thing I don't like is how the sequel is not out yet.

Brilliant work from an up and coming author. Her quirky style is one to fall in love with.

The best is yet to come out of A. Rosa, and I can't wait to see where she takes me next.
Rebecca Thomas
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One simple word, WOW!! This book is amazing. Was hooked from the first to the very last page. Completed the book within two days. The plot line is original and the characters are both complex and complete. Ive never been so eager to pick up my kindle!!!! Cannot wait for the sequel!!!!!!!!!
Vanessa
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog
Full Review on: http://fallinginfall.blogspot.com/201...

Emotionally Compromised by A. Rose was a great read. We start the book off by meeting Agent Alex Turner. I really like this heroine; she was feisty, sassy and down right bad ass! Next we have our CEO playboy love interest Jeremy Hunt. Cue in the job/problem: Marcus Gibbs. Marcus is the best friend to Jeremy and is used to being second to Jeremy in all things. Alex works as a waitress to try to catch the eye of Marcus but when Jeremy and Al
Pratik
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally Compromised is a thrilling action packed romantic ride. It's always fun to see them compete over is more dominant in this relationship - the badass agent Alex Turner or the hot businessman Jeremy Hunt.
The author has done a great job in depicting the antagonist's mindset, the characters' shortcomings and flaws and how they get over it.
All in all, Emotionally Compromised is a totally worth-reading action packed romantic rollercoaster that, for me, proved to a kickstarter for YA books.
Michal
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good golly gracious, what a fantastic read!! I came across Emotionally Compromised via Wattpad and became completely interested in reading the entire book. I will be forever grateful towards Alex for allowing me an ARC copy to be able to read it. You made me one happy reader! :D

Such amazing characters and plot!! I had so much fun reading this book. It's witty and romantic with a great edge full of danger. ;) I plan on buying it on Amazon and I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel!! Alex Rosa, y
Shannon
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stephanie Plum got her shit together and now goes by Alex Turner.

The first, in what I know will be other amazing books to come, A. Rosa came out strong with her debut book. The bit of book two at the end was the definition of a tease, I felt bookually (yes I made that word up) frustrated (see what I did there? ) it was the nerd girls version of blue balls. I now anxiously and eagerly await book two, knowing I will be hooked after page one.
Ali
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is extremely addicting! Now only did I love the book but I love this author-- she is very talented at not only portraying characters but making you emotionally invested in them. Unlike many other books I've recently read, the ending is satisfying and everything I could have wanted. I'm excited to read more :)
Kayla
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "A smile will get you far, but a smile and a gun will get you farther" -Al Capone.

Thinking saving the world is a far easier task than dating, Agent Turner springs at the opportunity to prevent young scientist Marcus Gibbs from selling his biological weapon to the highest bidder. With her goal in sight, and Marcus eating out of the pal
Tara Chevrestt
Dec 07, 2013 marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle
Three reasons I decided this wasn't for me:

1. It goes back and forth between three POVs, all in first person, two of them male, one I can't stand. It's jarring and I just hate male POVs. It could have worked in third person, I'll give it that.

2. The common problem with modern-day romance stories is either a. the characters skirt around and flirt with each other too much to the point I roll my eyes and say, "Let's get on with the story already!" or b. they jump into bed together way too fast. Thi
Eunice Lan
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex Turner is a federal agent with a mission to get to know more about the young scientist Marcus Gibbs and his projects. She would do anything in her power to save the world from the biological weapon that Marcus is creating but the only problem getting in her way is Jeremy Hunt, he is Marcus boos and best friend.

The attraction between Alex and Jeremy is really obvious since the beginning but he has the sexy and bossy attitude.But will Alex do her job or fall for Jeremy charm and forget everyt
N.D. Mahshid
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this story on Wattpad for the first time, and had a great time with Agent Turner and her writer, and I was happy to see them both out there in the publishing world.
As a suspense novel, Emotionally Compromised has a good flow, although it's not the genre that I usually read, but I enjoyed the action and drama, and I found the main character an intriguing personality; a strong and independent woman, not controlled by men in a male-base community, smart and easy to follow. I could see this
Kimberley
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally Compromised gives the best of both worlds, romance and suspense, which are two of my favorite genres. I first read the preview on Wattpad and was then fortunate to win a kinfke version of the book (thank you Len). From day one I was unable to put the book down. I spent my days and nights falling in love with the characters of this book.
This is an awesome book and Alex Rosa is an amazing writer.
Caroline Zammit-Balghy
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well done. In this first novel you have captured suspense, spicy romance, firearms, drugs and most of all jealousy between two men for a woman that looked tough from the outside but a softy in the inside.

So looking forward for the sequel. I want to see if it's still easier for Agent Turner to keep saving the world then to save relationships :-)

I would recommend this book to those who are lovers to romance stories.
Kat
Plot sounded promising and the sassy heroine was intriguing but it seemed too immature in many ways. I didn't get past the first chapter.
Jo
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome. Absolutly awesome!

Can't wait for Separation Anxiety! You're an amazing writter Alex :)
Megan
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I didn't know what to expect with this book but I promised to give it a try. And I'm really glad I did. It was reallllly. Bad ass chick, cia and a hot dude. It was awesome.
Emerald Delmara
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Emotionally Compromised, I completely fell in love with Alex Turner from the get go.

Alex Turner is a smart, deadly, driven Federal Agent who is as sassy as she is focused. Her smartassed quips and comebacks made me crack up multiple times throughout the book. She is just so amazing that I wanted to be her, and there were many instances where I could understand her character on a deeply personal level. In short, Alex Rosa wrote another brilliant character.

Jeremy Hunt is attractive and catche
Geraldine
Emotionally Compromised was a gripping book full with action, steamy scenes and furstrating moments (due to the main characters' interactions with each other, but in a good way).The villian had a reason behind his motive and it's nice to see another side to the antagonist and why he does the things he does. This book also had a wit and charm all on its own when it came to the characters. This is a book worth reading!
Larry
Feb 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
I thought it would be an interesting read. The story was "compromised" by all of the childish romance between two adults who just met. It was like reading a crime story about two high school lovers, instead of a Federal Agent and a CEO.
Quynh
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly-charged story with realistic and witty dialogues. Very entertaining, engaging read.
Jenny081195
Dec 14, 2013
DiAnn
Mar 11, 2014
Stacy
Oct 18, 2015
Mary
rated it did not like it
May 02, 2018
Jason Hurst
Sep 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What do you look for in a female lead when it comes romantic suspense? 1 1 Oct 15, 2013 11:43AM
Do you Blog? Join the book tour! 1 2 Oct 14, 2013 11:38AM
Alex Rosa lives in San Diego, California. When she isn’t scouring city parks or cafe’s to write she is more than likely trying to convince her friends to join her on her next adventure. A sufferer of wanderlust, she is always looking for a new mountain to climb, a canyon to hike, or a plane to board. Her resume consists of coroner, to working at a zoo, and most recently as an executive assistant, ...more

Emotionally Compromised (2 books)
  • Separation Anxiety (Emotionally Compromised, #2)