Start by marking “A Desperate and Pathetic Attempt At Originality” as Want to Read:
A Desperate and Pathetic Attempt At Originality

A Desperate and Pathetic Attempt At Originality

Herein lies the confessions of a psychopath. This book will not enrich your life. It will not make you feel better about yourself. After you read it you will go back to your ordinary life. But, one night, you will wake up screaming.
Published May 29th 2013

To ask other readers questions about A Desperate and Pathetic Attempt At Originality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Desperate and Pathetic Attempt At Originality

Shehroze Ameen
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book... I swear I have never read a better book than this, especially books published through self-publishing AND done after 2010. I discontinue any arguments made in support of "Fifty Shades of Grey", because that wasn't a book: it was a fan fiction erotica with obvious midlife crises tossed in.

Anyway, this book. It works. It works on so many layers and so many ways. For a start, the main premise works: there is our unnamed protagonist, and the transition he has in a (this is a spoiler by
Mike
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
As a debut this is a clear sign of a writer with potential, a very dry wit & a penchant for the ever so slightly twisted (probably why we're friends).
It starts out overly wordy, like when you first discover a thesauruses & poetry, but as the story develops becomes more engaging as the broken narrative keeps you on your toes.
It wears its influences with it's own darkly Glaswegian hybrid of the main characters from American Psycho, Dexter & Man Bites Dog.
Steven Mckelvie
Sep 15, 2016
Zee
marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2018
What makes the immersive narrative in this book so good? 1 1 Mar 18, 2017 08:05AM
I'm Gary.

Writer.

Committed Misanthropist.

Resounding Miserabalist.

Borderline Psychopath.

I like words. I mostly like writing them down, mostly.

Most of what I write is pretty dark and twisted.

Perhaps, you should read some. Or not.