Start by marking “Chasing Matt” as Want to Read:

Chasing Matt

Chase Williams is a gorgeous but painfully shy web designer whose long-term boyfriend dumped him for being such a “nice” guy. Instead of meeting his buddies at the local bar for a drink, he helps his elderly neighbor with a DIY project. When a wobbly step ladder leads to a banged up wrist and a trip to the ER, Chase is convinced it’s the worst night ever. Then he meets his ...more
Published August 19th 2013 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Matt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Matt

Start your review of Chasing Matt
Sara
Aug 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
I am a picky reader. I have said this more than once. But I AM a reader who enjoys getting lost in the world of words that can take me to another place. With that being said. Ugh.

First sentence of this book "I got out the car…" oh boy. First sentence! Okay, I am so not an editor, I can overlook minor editing in a book, I have done it before BUT the thing is when I start to edit a book it is all I focus on and folks that is never a good thing. So after the first sentence we then get "My phone
Serena Yates
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a really cute story about a somewhat depressed geek, who was recently dumped, and an ER nurse, who has a rule about not dating patients after his ex came to the hospital to make a scene and out him to everyone. These two men have every reason to be hesitant, if not downright averse, to ever trying to date again yet when they meet, it is as if they don’t have a choice. They may both valiantly fight their attraction, but neither of them is very successful…

Chase is basically a nice guy but
Gigi
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
This was cute and hot and fun and short. Too short. Bummer.
Marleen
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
So, what is it that makes a book a wonderful read for me? I’m not sure I can put my finger on what exactly the secret ingredient(s) may be but I know one thing for sure. If I have a huge, happy grin on my face once I finish a story it is a sure sign that I found one of those very special little gems. And boy did I have a - probably rather stupid - grin on my face when I put my reader aside and reflected on what I just read.

Apart from the fact that this is a charming story about two men meeting
Helena Stone
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, what is it that makes a book a wonderful read for me? I’m not sure I can put my finger on what exactly the secret ingredient(s) may be but I know one thing for sure. If I have a huge, happy grin on my face once I finish a story it is a sure sign that I found one of those very special little gems. And boy did I have a - probably rather stupid - grin on my face when I put my reader aside and reflected on what I’d just read.

Apart from the fact that this is a charming story about two men meeting
Literati Literature Lovers
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, let me just point out if you didn’t notice, that I didn’t indicate in the genre that Chasing Matt is a M/M novella. I didn’t because for me, romance is romance, no matter if it’s M/F, M/M, F/F, M/M/F… you get the picture. And if you’ve read this far (by that, I mean you’ve read the blurb), you know that it’s all about the men. The sweet, hot, and oh-so perfectly matched men. So without further ado…

Talk about a couple of people who meet at just the right time, even if at first sight, the
Annette Gisby
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chasing Matt

A fluffy, light-hearted romance leaving you wanting more.

Chase is a shy web designer who prefers quiet nights at home rather than go partying and is just recovering after a bad break up. His ex Stephen was always putting him down, moaning about everything from Chase's glasses, how boring he is, to his job working from home.

After a bout at the gym, Chase just wants to go home and go to bed and forget about everything for a while.

But being a bit of a good Samaritan, Chase can't turn
Ro
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a dramatic, angsty book this is probably not for you. If, however, you are looking for a light sweet read with likeable characters and some humor, this is it.
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

3.5
Chase is a kind, lonely soul who’s self-confidence took a major hit at the hands of his asshat ex-boyfriend, Stephen, who convinced him that good and nice aren’t things that should be appreciated. I loved that Chase’s friend, Brett, gets to call Stephen a “douchenozzle”. Good!

Secretly Reading
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

This was an enjoyable short novella about two nice guys connecting. I liked that most of the novella is injured Chase chatting with Matt, the ER nurse practitioner with the sexual interlude closing out the novella. This allowed me as a reader to see how insecure Chase was that he could attract someone and shows Matt’s reluctance to get involved with a quasi-patient after a bad previous experience. But the best thing about this novella is the humor between
C
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, favorites
Thank goodness for the wobbly step ladder.

I was looking for a light and quick read and this was perfect. I love those two new and upcoming authors.

Chase is easy to like and feel sorry for all at once. But his bad evening turned into a great night thanks to the TLC he received. Just when you thought the night couldn't get any worse... I would love to read more from these authors. This was a nice, lighthearted read, yet I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Well done! Keep writing.

Updated -
T.M. Smith
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short.. Sexy.. and Steamy! My three favorite colors!! Sometimes a wobbly step ladder and a sprain wrist can be a blessing in disguise.

Chase Williams is shy, single and lonely. He appreciates his independence, but sometimes longs for companionship. When he’s injured helping a neighbor his stint in the ER brings an unexpected surprise, in the form of a sexy PA. Will Chase get over his shyness and ask the guy out?

Matt Owens has a strict no dating patients or co-workers rule. A brief but disasterous
Lisa The Novel Approach
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This is a short but sweet story about two very different men that seem to find their match with each other. As much as Chase believes he is a boring, nerdy loser, Matt seems to like him just the way he is. Matt is jaded from a prior bad experience but Chase may just be too much temptation. In steps Chase’s obnoxious ex-boyfriend and there are some truly funny moments mixed in with some hot lovin’. I hope the authors are planning on telling more of their story because it seemed to end kind of ...more
mah1
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: scribd
Fun little read to pass the time, liked the elevator scene with the ex.
Lizzie
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Short sweet read, not a whole lot going on. They meet, have sex, HEA.
Carlton
Warren Leek
May 12, 2017
Marlobo
Jul 19, 2015
Nikka Michaels lives in the rainy Pacific Northwest where she spends her time cooking, laughing and crafting romantic tales to satisfy her craving for HEAs with heat. A voracious reader, novice knitter and music lover she’s been known to multitask without breaking a sweat. She believes everyone deserves a love story.