Start by marking “A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)

A Demon and His Witch

(Welcome to Hell #1)

An incorrigible demon meets his match when Lucifer pairs him with a witch.

Remy's not ready to settle down, it wouldn't be fair to the ladies who love him so much. A giving demon, why would he deny them the pleasure of his excellent technique? But his view on monogamy changes when he meets a saucy witch with a firm grasp of the word 'No!' Who could resist the challenge? How

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 158 pages
Published June 4th 2012 by Eve Langlais (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Demon and His Witch, please sign up.
Anastasia No, this Remy is half demon and the other Remy is a wolf shifter.

Start your review of A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

🎃 Read for the Unapologetic Romance Readers Halloween 2017 Reading Challenge for the category of: a romance with a demon 🎃

I needed a romance novel about a demon for a reading challenge, and this book was free (this is becoming a familiar refrain from me). The summary sounded intriguing but it had one of those horrible cartoony covers (not pictured here), and I always side-eye my acquisitions from the freebie section because while I h
Renee Nicole
Man... I don't like to give bad reviews. I appreciate any and everyone who can write a story and then toss it out to the world for consumption. I know I can't do that. But I didn't like this book.

The premise was cool, I'll say that. I love stories that explore the devil/Lucifer character. I'm sure he's a fun one to write! What happened to Ysabel really sucked, so I got the selling-of-the-soul-for-revenge thing. I probably would have, too.

But, it just wasn't executed well. I rolled my eyes and/or
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
3.5 stars. Okay, I have to admit this grew on me. At first Remy's constant sexual comments grated and the sexual innuendos and banter were so ridiculously bad it kept me reading for the sheer laugh at not with factor. By the time the actual romance started, where Remy began to admit he had feelings for Ysabel, I was hooked.

The story was funny when it wasn't trying too hard and Langlais's Lucifer was hilarious if a bit weaker than expected. But his evilness was proven in this technically funny b
Laurie Garrison
A Demon and His Witch is a laugh your butt off sexy romance. Eve has always been known to lift reader’s spirits with her hilarious sexy novellas and she doesn’t miss a beat in this new series.

Remy is one egotistic demon that lets anything fall from his mouth, most of which irritates Ysabel to no end but yet she just can’t help having a crush on him all the while she is firing right back at him with everything she’s got.

I enjoyed the addition of Lucifer the Princess of Hell’s dad in this book,
Raine
Too funny!

This book was funny as only Eve Langlais can write. Ysabel is in hell because she has asked Lucifer to exact revenge on those that burned her at the stake. However, some of those souls have escaped from Hell so Ysabel has to find them and bring them back to Hell. Remy is a soldier in Lucifer's army and is tasked to help Ysabel with her tasks. They fall in instant hate, but also lust and it is cute to watch the two together.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I found this book fun and entertaining. Ysabeland Remy were a fun pair. Lucifer knew what he was doing when he was putting them together to collect the escaped souls. There banter was great. Even the banter between Ysabel and Lucifer was fun too. I can't wait to continue this series.
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
A Demon and His Witch is my first read by author Eve Langlais, but it is definitely not my last! I absolutely loved this book!

The story opens with our heroine, Ysabel – I love the name! – being burnt alive after being accused of being a witch. I purposely omitted being falsely accused because…well, she IS a witch. However, she has used her abilities mainly for the good of those involved and although her lover’s mother leads the crazed mob, Ysabel knows that her beloved will come to her rescue at
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Eh, Is this a 3 or 2.5 star book? I'm not sure. The story was enjoyable so I guess I'll leave it at a 3 star review. The plot was completely predictable. There are no surprises whatsoever in this story. We know why the witch and the demon are thrown together. Ysabel is a bitter old witch with a body of a 20 year old. Remy is a hot half human/half fire demon who gets under Ysabel's skin.

The set up is cute and the characters were actually kind of fun. Remy is a sweet guy. I liked him. He's snarky
Stacie
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3+ Stars!

Pretty campy, but entertaining. Happy reading!
Tami
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: langlais-e
Burned at the stake, she sells her soul for revenge. After nearly 500 years in hell she is almost free. The book is about the demon Remy and his witch Ysabel.
Somia
A Happy & Comfy 3 Stars

If you want some light fun with a touch of snark Langlais is the author for you and you'll enjoy this first book in The Welcome to Hell Series.

The banter between half demon Remy, a minion in Lucifer's legion, and witch Ysabel, Lucifer's assistant, was fun to read and the chemistry between the two well written.

The book is also well paced, although some what short, so I did wait until it was on sale before purchasing.

Whilst for me this isn't the strongest book by Langlais,
♛✨Christine ♛✨
5+ stars! Funny, sexy and steaming hot! A read worth multiple re-readings!
Chelon
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, action, wolf, demon, own, sexy
Cute, fast pace read. I didn't find it funny at all and Ysabel had to much attitude that which I think is the norm for this author but sometimes too much is too much.
Ollie
LOL this book was so much fun to read! Not only was it funny with all the banter between the two characters but the sexual tension and the delicious way Remy got Ysabel all hot and bothered was great!

This is a new series by Eve Langlais that is an off shoot of the Princess of Hell series as we see familiar secondary characters such as Satan and details about his family.

Ysabel was burned at the stakes during the Middle Ages for being witch and upon her death she sold her soul to the devil in exch
CaroleDee
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve Does it again!
In this wonderful new spin-off of the Princess of Hell series we're reintroduced into Eve's quirky version of hell where everything isn't fire and brimstone. Well, there is heat, but of a different variety ;)

The story revolves around Ysebel who was burned at the stake for witchcraft. While being trussed up by the villagers she's sure of the fact that her lover will ride in on his white horse and save her. Needless to say it turns into a really bad night when he shows only to wa
Emily
Jeanny
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars. I really enjoyed the humor & story. The h was so much fun, the H was genuine. I think the idea of Lucifer playing Cupid ripe with opportunity for some epic comic relief. I plan to follow the series. ...more
Sassafrass
funny and silly and definitely a different way to look at Hell, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I will definitely continue on with this series and honestly will get back to the Princess of Hell series as well.

Now I loved the female narrator in this one. Is she Eva Kaminsky? She sure sounds a lot like her.
Coco.V
Aug 21, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/21/2020)! 🎁
Amber I.
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
I LOVED this book! Eve Langlais always delivers an amazing story. Remy is a half demon, he is hilarious and full of sexual innuendos he is also sexy and known as a ladies man. Ysabel is a witch who was burned at the stake, betrayed by a her lover and made a deal with the devil to get her revenge. She is also pretty much a bad ass and has sworn off men. But the devil with his evilness has other plans for these two!

Now these two are teamed up to get the souls who broke out of hell back. Ysabel nee
Tracy T.
Sep 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Bad, just bad. UGH! Sigh. SMH. Oh geez. Really?! (audible review)

Wow this book started out funny and interesting. Then went down hill from there. As soon as the Hero Remy entered the picture it got really bad. The whole of the rest of the book and ALL the conversations were nothing but crude sexual innuendos. I am not even exaggerating a little. It was pretty bad.

There were some funny moments and I did enjoy Lucifer quite a bit.

The story line would have been good, it even started out good. But
Melanie
'A Demon And His Witch' is classic Eve Langlais fare - at least when it comes to her "traditional" relationship stories (I haven't read any of her mènage-flavored tales as that isn't my thing). A zaftig, snarky (anti)heroine meets a hunky, player (anti)hero and they trade barbs laced with sexual innuendo until he decides she's the one and the heroine finally succumbs to his considerable "charm". The end.

These stories are cute, definitely fluffy and often fun, but there wasn't anything new broug
Marianne
"You can call me Remy, but, when I get your thighs around my neck, feel free to call me God. It totally pisses off Lucifer's brother, which means brownie points for me."

OMG, Remy was so adorably crude, I mean, cute;-)

Really enjoyed this little story, psycho mother, demon eating hellcat with a secret, frigid witch, devious, match making ruler of Hell and all. Bring on the next installment.

HOWEVER: I did NOT approve of Lucifer's hotdog! At.All!!! Dachshunds are little angels, not food for the prin
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Eve Langlais fans + erotica fans
Quick, hilarious and hot read! Welcome to Hell indeed *grins* the way Lucifer is described is so funny, and the way he is trying to be a match-maker is out of this world!

Full review can be found at Risque Reviews

Claudia
This was Fun ... And hot. Definitely a series to continue :)
Mel
Yeah, it is finally out in Audible format!
Gary
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
while only a short story a really enjoyable one and funny
Stephanie Williams
Wow

Omg I Luved this book so much. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. Although I didn't like Lucifers role in what happen it's still pretty good.
AG Reads
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Reread. Still makes me laugh out loud.

• The Vampire's Last Dance (Witch Island Brides Book 1)
  • Peculiar Mysteries: Books 1 - 4 (Peculiar Mysteries Collection)
  • Escaping Midnight
  • Wild (Devils Point Wolves, #1)
  • Dangerous Destiny (League of Guardians #1)
  • Bride of the Witch King (Destined Enchantments, #2)
  • Not Compatible
  • Witch Forgotten (Witches of Night Meadow #1)
  • Running Red
  • Familiar with the Warlock
  • The Werewolf Dates The Deputy (Nocturne Falls, #12)
  • Your Broom or Mine? (Magic and Mayhem #8)
  • Wicked Wedding (An Ivy Morgan Mystery #18)
  • The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1)
  • The Gargoyle Gets His Girl (Nocturne Falls, #3)
  • Razor's Traitorous Heart (The Alliance, #2)
  • Night Walker (Night, #1)
  • Fighting Syndrome
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to al

Welcome to Hell (9 books)
  • A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell, #2)
  • A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3)
  • Hell's Kitty (Welcome to Hell, #4)
  • Hell's Geek (Welcome To Hell, #5)
  • Hell's Bells (Welcome to Hell, #6)
  • Jane Davey's Locket (Welcome to Hell #7)
  • Bride of the Sea Monster (Welcome to Hell #8)
  • Old Demon and the Sea Witch (Welcome to Hell #9)