Start by marking “Capital Offense” as Want to Read:
Capital Offense

Capital Offense

Kurt Stevens kills people for a living. Legally. As the State of Ohio's commissioned executioner, his job is to exact justice against the most hardened criminals.

When Kurt's wife is found dead, all evidence indicates that he's the killer. Running for his life, he must descend into the criminal underworld to find the truth, and to deliver justice.

Don't. Trust. Anyone.

Thi
Published January 31st 2014 by Columbus Press (first published January 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Capital Offense, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capital Offense

The Meat Market by James ChalkBlind Corners by Jemir Robert JohnsonSkyracos by John PichaJim Fosse's Expense Claim by John DolanPandora Driver by John Picha
epulp
31 books — 49 voters
Tales of the Astonishing Black Spark by Charlie J. EskewCemetery Girl by David      BellTriskaidekan by Brad PauquetteJudges by Charles J. EskewColumbus by Brad Pauquette
Ohio Authors
164 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Capital Offense
Audrey Terry
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads...

This book is awesome. The kind of thing you sit down and read half of before you've realized what you're doing. Stevens grabs you right from page one and keeps you hooked all the way to the bloody end. It probably shouldn't have taken me so long to figure out who was behind everything, but I kind of like that the answers weren't immediately given away.

Kurt enters the story as just one of those guys you like immediately. He's loyal, a
Rusty McClure
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Talk about a guy who knows how to write a thriller!

I purchased the pre-released Kindle version, and I'm glad I did. Excellent book, Kurt.

I'll try to avoid spoiling it. I thought I saw the ending coming in the beginning, but then through the middle section I changed my mind. Then bam! It was there all along.

Masterfully written. I'll have to reread it again to see if everything checks out, but great book. Lots of fun to read.
Amy
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When state executioner, Kurt Stephen's wife is murdered his life as he knows it is turned upside down. Losing his wife is horrible, but being blamed for the murder is even worse so Kurt decides to find her killer before the police find him.
This is not your ordinary who-done-it and the ending is a true shocker! I couldn't put the book down.

Disclosure: I received this book in a goodreads giveaway.
Brad
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great thriller from Kurt Stevens.
Bettina
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
I received this book free as part of a First-read giveaway on Goodreads.com.

Well....hmmm. I am confused. Really confused. I must first say that I completely enjoyed the story, and if it is true, I am really angry at myself for enjoying it! It was a clean fast read, and I would spend all day in anticipation of being able to continue it in the evening! I loved how the chapters just flowed one to the next. I was grabbed into the storyline from the beginning and loved the ride.

I honestly thought I
Darlene Cruz
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thriller of a book, yes! From the very beginning I was curious, like all the murder mystery the first suspect is the spouse; however Kurt spiraling search encounters a bigger picture. Kurt took me on a ride through the seedy side of town, how he got there was the exciting part and who do you trust? Kurt the commissioned executioner now faces the challenge of finding out who is responsible for his wife death. I was caught off guard by this one, I mean I had a hunch but the author squashed my hunc ...more
Staci Meyer
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The being was kind of hard to get into, but after the first few chapters I had trouble putting this book down. It was a complete plot twist at the end that made me just want to cry out in frustration.
Star
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kurt Stevens is the commissioned executioner for the state of Ohio. He holds the one job most protested over and receives death threats on a daily basis. He lives his life in a regimented way, needing the order to deal with the stress of his job. As the husband of Tanya and the father of Michael, Kurt fiercely loves his family. When Kurt finds Tanya dead, he knows the police will consider him the killer from the outset of the investigation. Going on the run, he’s got to make a connection to unde ...more
Glen
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: firstreads, mystery
I won this book in a goodreads firstreads drawing.

A rather bizarre tale of a guy who works as Ohio's official executioner finding his wife dead.

Very little resemblance to anything resembling reality, but still manages to generate some tension.
Rachellyndsey
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Started off with a really good premise, then got weird/too unbelievable.
kitty
Nov 04, 2013
Andy
Aug 29, 2013
ashley
rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2014
Roy Wano
Nov 14, 2013
Geraldine Moore
Sep 13, 2014
Kurt Stevens
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Drew Farnsworth
Christine Groce
Web Serial Fiction: Now Available! 4 15 Feb 12, 2014 03:49PM
Bexley Public Lib...: Capital Offense 1 18 Jan 03, 2014 02:24AM
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Change Request 3 28 Jan 03, 2014 02:13AM
Web Serial Fiction: Capital Offense: Crime Thriller - Daily Chapters 1 9 Nov 09, 2013 06:33PM
Kurt Stevens is passionate about writing great books that are both entertaining and informative.

His first published book is currently being released as an experimental web serial at www.CapitalOffensebook.com and will be released in traditional formats on January 31, 2013. So far, the web release has attracted thousands of readers.

Kurt has one son, Michael.

Kurt attended the Ohio State University,