Start by marking “Now and Forever” as Want to Read:
Now and Forever

Now and Forever

What if your boyfriend was the world's biggest rockstar?

Sterling is crazy in love with Ethan. Not only is he the sweetest boy she's ever met, but he's an incredibly talented guitarist, singer, and songwriter. And since forever, he's believed he has what it takes to be a star.

When Ethan becomes an overnight sensation, he's thrown head-first into the glam world of celebrity-
Published May 20th 2014 by Viking Books for Young Readers

Rose
Initial reaction: Honestly, this could've been a lot better for the story it showcased. It came across as incredibly underdeveloped and petty. I didn't care for it or for the all too quick romance it tried to push along the way.

Full review:

I wasn't very impressed with "Now and Forever" when it was all said and done. I can get behind a rising teen musician's claim to fame and the girlfriend who grows with him, but unfortunately, I found this too shallow of a read to connect with me. It's a shame
Chelsey Ellice
I really enjoyed this book. loved seeing Ethan's journey to fame but them fame got to him. I'm glad Sterling eventually came to realise she needs to live her life and do things she loves. Did not see the end coming though.
Viviana
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: too-boring
I couldnt wait to read thia book because Susane Colasanti had wrote it and she is definitely my favorite author.

At first, the book was exiting and i couldn't stop reading it, but as i continued reading it i started to get bored over the same thing over and over. Sterling going to visiting Ethan on his tour, then she goes back home and worries about Ethan, then goes back to the tour and everything repeats again.

I was disappointed with this book because with every single book i have read of her,
Maggie
Oct 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, 2014, pbook, library-book
I have these friends, let’s call them Grace and Amy*. Grace is a children’s book editor and Amy is a high school ESL teacher. Amy is forever mentioning to Grace how her students need high concept, low reading level books since it’s difficult to get high school students to read when all the books for their reading level are about seven-year-olds or whatever. Well Amy, do I have the book for you.

There are a lot of things about Now and Forever that I absolutely hated, but by far the worst thing was
Shane
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it
This was my first Susane Colasanti book and I have to say I was expecting more, based on some of the positive feedback from her previous books. At first, I was like this:

Cause it's Susane Colasanti and it's YA contemporary and I love stories about young love and people turning into global music sensations. Then my excitement sort of went down by page.

Now & Forever had its moments, and then there were times I felt it was lacking in a sense. I liked the premise of a teen boy realizing his drea
Libraryangel
May 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Nope. I am done. This was just not the read for me. Sterling and Ethan and their entourage have got to be some of the most self absorbed annoying teenagers I have ever read and that is saying something since I read pretty much only YA. Sterling is even weak when she is attempting to be strong and in my opinion none of the boys were crush worthy enough to hold my attention for a summer romantic read. I know there is truth in some of the behavior in this book, but I just couldn't do it right now. ...more
Mitchii
I’m so close to giving this book one star. The first half was so annoying. The girl and the boyfriend just rub me the wrong way. The girl was all about: ‘my boyfriend is this, my boyfriend is that,’ ‘he was born to be a star,’ etc. Now, that boy was getting the springboard to stardom and she was left there glancing at him on the sidelines, feeling sorry for herself. I wish I could understand her and the relationship (which at some point I did, at least the rational and obvious part) but the said ...more
Nicole
Definitely not a good read.

My first Susane Colasanti book and I am deeply disappointed. I need a refund for the hours I wasted. I can't believe I actually finished this one.

The writing style felt like an amateur writer. The characters were self absorbed teenagers with very little substance.

The blurb was promising, and I actually thought the other was good because a few friends like her. Oh well. Not sure if I'm too old for her stories or it really is not a good one. Hah.

I think I'll give her ano
Heidi Rikard
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
What to say, what to say...
While I didn't enjoy this book, I still must admit a teen girl very well might.
The writing was stunted and had way too much "teen slang" for my liking. The characters were undeveloped and I found myself more than once saying, "What? Where did THAT come from...can you tell me more?" And the answer would be "NO".
The reason I gave it two stars is because the premise is romantic and idealized, and like I mentioned, I think it could find an audience with teen girls. I jus
Emily Schirmer
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“The right boy doesn’t make your stomach twist into anxious knots. He doesn’t make you panic when he’s not calling. He doesn’t make you wonder who he’s out with. He fills you with peaceful certainty that your love was meant to be. He will support you no matter what. He’s always with you, even when he’s not. And you just know he wants to be with you now and forever. Because there’s nowhere else he’d rather be.”

I have always loved Susane Colasanti’s books. They are sweet, charming, easy-to-read, a
Marian
May 23, 2014 added it
I am a big Susane Colasanti fan. I think she's so awesome and I love the pop culture references she adds in her books. I was really looking forward to Now and Forever and was so excited to find it on the New Releases shelf at the library. However, I didn't enjoy it and just wanted to share some of my honest opinions so that I can maybe help others who are thinking about reading this.

1. My first star deduction is because of the lack of detail. The structure of this book is really cool, as each ch
Danni Maxwell
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was seriously disappointed in this book, even though going into it after dnf'ing it in September I didn't really have big expectations for it. If I didn't need to finish a book I DNF'd for my March tbr jar challenge, I would've WDNF'd it again. It just lacked a lot. It was predictable and really cheesy and the writing really got to me at times. This main character 'melts into floor. melts into chair. melts against wall.' By the end I was glad it was over, it was a predictable ending as well, I ...more
Adrienne
"Before I was fighting change. [...] But instead of fighting change, I need to embrace change. That's what I've been learning in yoga. Change is a natural part of life. It's the only way we can grow and evolve and become stronger."

There are a lot of statements about how change is good in this book but I beg to differ. Change isn't always necessarily a good thing. In Sterling's case, it was good for her because she realized how she needed her entire world to stop revolving around Ethan.

The chan
Sonny Mitchell
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
More like 3.5 stars
I don't know why it took so much time for me to read it but I'm glad I finally finished this.
Can you believe I cried over this book? I can't.
It's just so pitiful and unfair when someone's "forever" goes nowhere. Basically, I don't believe in eternal relationships, and this stupid "forever" is just a hollow sound for me. But the characters believed in that. They really did.
I didn't like the main characters (actually, all of the characters), and I truly hated Ethan from the
Mari
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Has Ms. Colasanti always written this way? It felt too disjointed. And what's with all those annoying single-word sentences? Like. Come. On. Enough. With. The. Melting. Already.

Anyway, I thought it was an okay read. But aside from Sterling, the other characters weren't interesting at all.
Mgoble39
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
What if you happened to be the girlfriend of the biggest rockstar in the world? What if one night your boyfriend becomes an overnight sensation, and suddenly you're selling out stadiums? What if I told you that it has happened to a girl named Sterling? Her boyfriend Ethan is now considered the heartthrob of their generation.
Sterling and Ethan are known to be the “it” couple. The relationship that everyone wants. Sterling falls head over heels for Ethan. Ethan is known to be so genuine and smart,
Diana
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book Now and Forever consisted a love story that has a tragedy. Sterling lives a difficult life because she has divorced parents. She usually lives with her mother because her father has another set of family. Sterling has a boyfriend named Ethan that is a rock star. Ethan is in a rock band and happens to be a great singer and songwriter. Sterling and Ethan always had the perfect relationship until fame got to Ethan. Ethan backstabs Sterling by doing the worst thing you could do to a girl. T ...more
kari
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, ya
Predicable.
I feel bad giving this one merely two starts, but honestly, I can't give it more.
I've read Colasanti many times and although I've not loved all of them, I have liked them all to varying degrees. This one was just nothing remarkable.
(view spoiler)
Princess Bookie
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read2016
My Thoughts: Yep Yep, Colasanti is one of my all time favorite authors. I just devour her books when I start them.

We are introduced to Ethan and Sterling. Perfect couple. Sterling wants to go to college eventually while Ethan just wants to play music. So when he gets a record deal, his goals and dreams sour. Sterling tries her best standing by him and she’s a good girlfriend. I didn’t like how she started treating some of her friends though there for a while. I could see a bit of a change in he
Shruthi
Apr 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, awful, boring
Ethan Cross (a wannabe rockstar) is dating Sterling (a nobody with a passion for cooking). Ethan Cross becomes famous. Ethan Cross becomes more of a dick. (view spoiler)
I just saved you an hour of your life.

So that extremely bland little summary above is scarily accurate. Very little happens aside from this. The descriptions are awful. I honestly felt like this was written by a preteen.

All the characters are so predictable. As soon as I read the fir
The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger
Now & Forever initially seemed like a cute and quick contemporary read but it evolved into something much deeper than that. This novel is focused on the idea of staying true to yourself even though life is changing all around you.

I'm giving this book two stars but don't think this book is terrible...it just wasn't anything special to me. The first quarter of the book was great, but as the novel continued, I just felt that there was a lot of repetition going on within the storyline and it sta
Tsukushi
I don't know what's wrong that this book only has an average rating of 3.46. I didn't expect that. For me, this book was ahhhh-mazing. TOPS.

One of the best I've read this year. *sigh*

It was amazing. Sterling was a character you could totally relate to. It was expected what had happened to her and Ethan. I love this book to bits, even though most of the reviews said otherwise. And I do think the ending was perfect. I never liked Ethan since the beginning anyway.

Gabrielle (TheYoungFolks.com)
The Young Folks' Read of the Week: While not the highlight of Colasanti’s career, Now and Forever is still well worth the read. Read the full review at TheYoungFolks.com: http://goo.gl/wo8tIa

Reviewed by Stephanie Estrada.
Dove
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute book! There's this girl, she's dating a rockstar, and obviously that complicates the relationship. She starts becoming insecure as more and more girls become obsessed with her boyfriend, and starts getting jealous when pretty girls take pictures with her boyfriend or swoon over him. She starts wondering why he would even want to be with her when there's so many hotter girls out there. Then, she doesn't get to see him as much since he's so busy with touring. She starts losing ...more
Nevaeh
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book I enjoyed the way the author really captured the moment In her writing but also made an ending that was surprising but also good because now sterling can focus on her life and do what she wants but It was a good book that I recommend to those who love books with a good message in the end.
Abby♡Books
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Sarah Dessen books are better sorry not sorry.
Chyna
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was ok

Cute definitely gets Now & Forever. I really adored the meaning of the book title, Ethan Cross and Sterling were really so perfect. They couldn’t get enough of each other. Ethan even wrote her a song! He calls her his muse. But when Ethan suddenly jumps from being a nobody to every girl’s dream. That can’t be good.

It sounds really fun and cute so I quickly picked it up and bought a copy for myself. Despite the ratings of the book, I wanted to have my own copy because the cover is just gor
Books
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-2015
I’ve never read any of Susane Colasanti’s books before. Right now I don’t think I’ll be reading any of her older or future books.

Midway into the first chapter of Now and Forever, I was already struggling against my gag reflex. After having been enticed by the book summary to read this story and expecting something a little different, I was not prepared for the disappointment I felt by the time I got to the end of chapter two. Honestly, this book caters to every cheesy YA cliché imaginable.

Lots
KellyS
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book until the end and it just went down hill.
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Let me start off by saying two things: 1, I never review books, and 2, I LOVE all of colassanti's books. Except this one.

I knew from the beginning what was going to happen between Ethan and Sterling; this book was so predictable. But that's not the problem. The problem is that it was so cliche and so shallow. Sterling had all these problems in her relationship with Ethan, but then the next paragraph would be a lame, over used quote about what she needs to do or how she's feeling. I felt like I
  • Only Everything (True Love, #1)
  • Solving for Ex
  • Boys Like You
  • The Lonesome Young
  • The Romeo Club
  • Wildflower (Wildflower, #1)
  • The Sound of Letting Go
  • Year of Mistaken Discoveries
  • Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . ., #2)
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • Summer of Yesterday
  • Royally Lost
  • There Will Come a Time
  • The Other Way Around
  • The Last Forever
  • Loving a Lush (Lush #2)
  • Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)
  • The Bridge from Me to You
Susane Colasanti is the bestselling author of When It Happens, Take Me There, Waiting for You, Something Like Fate, So Much Closer, Keep Holding On, All I Need, Now and Forever, and the City Love trilogy. She has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania and a master’s degree from New York University. Before becoming a full-time author in 2007, Susane was a high school science teache ...more