Start by marking “Everyday Book Marketing: Promotion Ideas to Fit Your Regularly Scheduled Life” as Want to Read:
Everyday Book Marketing: Promotion Ideas to Fit Your Regularly Scheduled Life

Everyday Book Marketing: Promotion Ideas to Fit Your Regularly Scheduled Life

Book publication is just the beginning... Everyday Book Marketing is for the published author who is not only a writer but who also may have another career, a family, and any number of other obligations that require fitting book promotion into a budget where both hours and dollars may be hard to find. This book will guide you on the journey from Writer to Marketing Pro, ...more
Published September 4th 2013 by Ashland Creek Press (first published August 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Book Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Book Marketing

Start your review of Everyday Book Marketing: Promotion Ideas to Fit Your Regularly Scheduled Life
Julie Christine
Not a book to read cover-to-cover and set aside, but one to reference, ear-mark, jot down notes, ideas. I bought this just a year ago, after a workshop with the author, wondering if/when I'd ever have cause to use it. Now that I'm five months out from the launch of my first novel, I find inspiration, comfort and wisdom within.

The guide's first half is a practical laundry list of ideas and recommendations for the time and budget-strapped author. Regardless of our publishing method or size of
Kathy Nickerson
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a book I will keep and refer back to often. The author gives an excellent overview of various social media platforms along with traditional book marketing routines. The book is also a great practical reference with tips on things you can do in short spurts of time. We all need to learn to market our books in the midst of our everyday lives. This book is a perfect place to start.
Clifford
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wish I'd had this book before my first book came out. It's a well-organized and carefully written, step-by-step review of just about everything an author needs to know: from laying the groundwork well ahead of publication, to blogging and building a platform, to creating a website, to arranging events and presskits, to doing interviews and giving readings. In addition, there's a section with a lot of short interviews with authors, publicists, and event planners with their own tips. If you've ...more
Edwin Battistella
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Raymond covers groundwork, promotion, book tours, book launches, book groups, social media, and much more. And while I’ve thought about many of these things, EVERYDAY BOOK MARKETING catches the details that are important (mailing lists, length of readings, not over-promoting, giveaways) and stresses effective ways to get the work out important without bogging the reader down in particular tools.

The first half of the book consists of Raymond’s suggestions things to do far in advance, at the book
Jackie Bouchard
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wish I'd had this book before I published my first novel. But even now, reading it as I prepared to pub my 2nd novel, I still found tons of helpful tips. I dog-eared many a page and found myself adding to a growing "Marketing To-Do" list that I created on the final blank page of the book as I read. What I like most about this book is how practical the tips are. Some marketing books leave you feeling a bit overwhelmed with trying to wrap your head around algorithms and whatnot, but this book is ...more
Jen
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy of this book through Goodreads; here is my honest review.

This book is FULL of great information for the self-published or self-promoting author. Amazon and Barnes and Noble make it easier for those interested to self-publish ebooks, but what should an author do next?

This book gives tips both before and after publication, book tours, online marketing, and how to create an inspiring and successful book launch. One element that I think is extremely important in book marketing
Sharan
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
+This is a sensible, well-written manual for authors at all levels. Raymond realizes that most writers do not have time to constantly promote their work so she divides the tasks by time and money involved. There are basic instructions such as how to put together a press kit and politely contact bookstores. In my case, her explanation of internet promotion was invaluable. (including putting my covers on Goodreads) As she suggests, I'm doing a little bit every day and not feeling as overwhelmed as ...more
Jean Ryan
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Everyday Book Marketing, which I recommend to anyone who has written a book. There are many inventive ideas here for increasing readership without a big investment of time and money. This concise guide is well-structured, and the interviews are inspiring and informative. Like Everyday Writing, which I use regularly to jump-start my creativity, I'll be keeping Everyday Book Marketing in easy reach.
Rex Lee Applegate
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book provides a nuts and bolts, practical guide to book marketing that is crucial for authors entering the new world of ebooks and self-publishing. The basic take-away is that if you want to succeed it will take as much or more effort to market your work as it took to write it. The last section has Q&As with authors and experts that I found particularly informative.
Linera
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful, practical book this is! I'm probably going to read certain chapters over again, when I need their specific information. Well-organized, and makes the whole process of getting a book out there into the world seem like something I could actually do.
Susan McBeth
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm so grateful to Midge for creating this book for those writers who want to market their own books, but need some professional guidance from someone who has been there. A great handbook for writers and published authors.
Mindy Mejia
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft
A wonderful nuts and bolts approach to successfully market your book. Raymond offers smart advice to fit anyone's schedule and her Q&A with eighteen different authors and industry experts round out the guide nicely. Every new author should have this on their bookshelf.
Jill Hall
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Everyday Book Marketing has really helped me get prepared to promote the publication of my novel. I used the table of contents as my outline for the steps I needed to take to professionally market my book. The case studies have given me further ideas on how move forward with my strategy.
Joanne
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Everyday Book Marketing" offers helpful and practical tips for even experienced writers. I found the interviews particularly interesting. Hot links in the Kindle Edition are a plus!
Susan DeFreitas
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great book for getting out of the overwhelm--and making the most of the time you have, however long or short it may be, to promote your book.
Erika Dreifus
Q&A with the author, based on my reading of a complimentary review copy, now available.
Josephine Ensign
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book is feeling a bit dated in terms of its contents and advice. Given the rapidly changing book publishing and social media worlds, most all books on these topics will feel 'old' by the time they are out. A few good tips but I wish I had looked at a library copy and not bought a (used copy).
Linnea Dayton
Aug 22, 2013
Yvonne Ventresca
Mar 09, 2014
Montana Medina
rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2013

• The Life We Bury (Joe Talbert, #1; Max Rupert, #1)
  • Strategies for Teaching First-Year Composition
  • The Massive, Vol. 1: Black Pacific
  • King of the Screwups
  • Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1)
  • The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life
  • Thunderstruck & Other Stories
  • Love That Dog (Jack, #1)
  • About the Author
  • Life Reimagined: The Science, Art, and Opportunity of Midlife
  • A Visit from the Goon Squad
  • The Wandering Earth
  • The Language Inside
Midge Raymond is the author of the novel My Last Continent and a short-story collection, Forgetting English, which received the Spokane Prize for Short Fiction. Her stories have appeared in TriQuarterly, American Literary Review, North American Review, Bellevue Literary Review, the Los Angeles Times magazine, Poets & Writers, and many other publications.

Midge is also the author of Everyday