Start by marking “Inked Armor (Clipped Wings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Inked Armor (Clipped Wings, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Inked Armor

(Clipped Wings #2)

In this follow-up to Clipped Wings, the emotional love story continues between Hayden and Tenley; two young people who desperately want to love and be loved but are afraid to completely let go of their pasts.

In the wake of losing Tenley Page, tattooist Hayden Stryker's tumultuous past is haunting him. Plagued by nightmares about the murder of his parents, Hayden reaches
Published May 13th 2014 by Gallery Books (first published May 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Inked Armor, please sign up.
Allison The next book focuses on Chris and Sarah. I'm pretty sure Tenley and Hayden's story is over with after the 2nd book.…moreThe next book focuses on Chris and Sarah. I'm pretty sure Tenley and Hayden's story is over with after the 2nd book. (less)

Start your review of Inked Armor (Clipped Wings, #2)
Christy
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-audios
4 stars!

photo 34C89936-44E1-4BDC-860D-52928BD71361_zpsh7wkl3bu.jpg
We were so similar in our pain. If only we could cancel each others out.

After listening to Clipped Wings I had to jump straight into Inked Armor and see how Hayden and Tenleys story concluded. I loved these two broken characters and all I wanted for them was for them to be able to heal and move on together. I was nervous starting this one, but now that Im finished, my heart is happy.

In the beginning, the story focuses on Tenleys struggles with her family being gone. As the book
Aestas Book Blog
Starting this next I'm totally hooked on this. Love it!!!!

"Everyone has scars, Tenley. If we're lucky, they're only on the outside."

(Note: this is contemporary, NOT paranormal.)

My review of book #1: aestasbookblog.com/clipped-wings-review/
Lucia
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Tenley and Hayden:

Hayden is plagued by his nightmares and insecurities, Tenley is troubled by her bad past decisions. Will these two fragile people ever be able to catch a break and find their bliss?

Inked Armor is continuation of captivating story about intense and addictive love between two broken people struggling with guilt. It pained me to see how little Tenly and Hayden believed in themselves, how their fears were keeping them in check, postponing their chance for happiness.

But even
Tpagirl
Inked Armour was the second book in Helena Huntings Clipped Wing series and the conclusion to Hayden and Tenleys story.

The storyline picked up where Clipped Wings left off. It began as a story of pain. It was very emotional, serious and intense. Hunting took us through the pain in detail and then eventually through the journey of healing. As with the first book, it was complex, full of depth, well written and well developed; however, it was slow progressing for me and I would have preferred
Duchess Nicole
I feel a little bad for even going for this ARC, seeing as how my feelings for book one were somewhat lackluster. So I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

There's so much circling around the actual subject matter and the real plot line that this quickly became one of the biggest drama fests ever. I lost count of how many times Tenley and Hayden break down, have a fit, lose themselves in tears, throw up, etc. All of the glaring problems in their respective lives that prevent them from having a
Georgia ♥
4 Unapologetically Beautiful Stars

"F*ck appropriate"

description

Following up right where Clipped Wings left us hanging, the story between Hayden and Tenley continues proving that unique is beautiful and tragedies don't always end your life.

Longing to love and be loved, emotionally crippled, unconventional and sexy both our heroes grow so much as characters, fighting to let go of their pasts and trusting each other with their hearts.

"We were marked by one another. It went far beyond the skin. It went right
Michelle
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC received on behalf of Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books from NetGalley.

When Tenley met Hayden and gave in to her desire for him, she always knew her past was going to come between them. I just dont think she ever thought she would be the one forcing it to happen. She left, forced to go back to Arden Hills, Tenley is forced to face her past in a way that she never imagined. But in doing so, she left Hayden. There was no explanation given, no promise to return. Just her walking away from a man
Naudia
"For me, she would always be the light in my darkness."

When I started this, I knew that I would like it more than I liked the first book. I was so happy when I was proved right, but this could have been a 5 star book.

Here's why it wasn't:

It really bugged me how nosy some of the characters could be. Someone was always in someone else's business. But I also think that bothered me because that's an actual thing I can't stand in real life.

I felt like there were a million different sides to Tenley
TeriLyn
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Inked Armor generously provided by Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

This review contains spoilers, don't read if you haven't read book one Clipped Wings

5 Beautifully Inked Stars

Inked Armor beautifully continues the dark, sensual, and deeply emotional love story between Tenley and Hayden. The prose begins where Clipped Wings left us emotionally hanging, wanting more immediately from these two fatefully destined characters. The story leads us on a
AJ
This is the follow up to Clipped Wings the heart-wrenching, emotionally intense and slightly edgy story of two people who have been broken by events in their past, but who find life-changing, all-consuming love together.

Shed found a way between the cracks in my armor and blew it apart.

This book picks up about a week after the end of the first book, and the subsequent novella Between the Cracks. I cant really say anything specific about the storyline without being spoilery, but this is a
Pam
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 heartfelt broken stars
In this life, for as long as we had, we would be each other's armor.

Tenley is finally ready to move on with her life; setting things up so that no one will ever hold any kind of power over her again and more importantly being able to finally forgive herself.
I wanted him back--but I needed to be worthy of him first.

Hopefully her selfishness hasn't destroyed the one good thing that has happened in her life. Tenley doesn't pretend to be completely "fixed" but
Dali
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If the first book was a seductive healing of two shattered souls, then Inked Armor is the scorching melding of them, like the flow of molten lava, moving inexorably and changing and fussing them together with finality.

When we left Hayden and Tenley, they had a deep but guarded connection. They had found in the other something beautiful and unexpected, but their guilt and fears from the past kept them from opening up completely. When Tenleys past literally comes knocking on her door, she
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it

1st off again

Yes, I really enjoyed this series. Did I buy it though? No.
Luckily enough I received an ARC through NetGalley.
I'm sorry but Amazon is asking for $9.52 FOR A FUCKING EBOOK!
That is just disgusting. That's paperback pricing!
Helena don't get me wrong your writing was beautiful but I think your publisher is pushing it.
Quickest way to turn off readers is jacking up the price..
We will all just wait till it goes on sale...
*Deep breath in*
*deep breath out*
Ok Rant over...

ANYWAY...
Angela
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5
Really enjoyed this second book. So funny and entertaining. Tenley was an enjoyable leading lady but there's no doubt Hayden stole the show!!! Freaking loved him!

Can't wait to read future books by Helena
Brianna
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Usually I'm terrible at continuing series, but I had to know what was going to happen! Plus I needed more Tenley and Hayden. I'm obsessed with them. What happened to them in the past was not only heart breaking, but I liked seeing their lives turn out for the best. It was a rough journey for them, but as things could have gone, they did a heck of alot better than I would have if I had been in either of their shoes. I knew one of the clues to the ending towards the beginning of the book. I got ...more
Jacqueline
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion to Hayden and Tenley' s story, this had a nice side of suspense and mystery balancing the angst and intense smut very nicely.

It was romantic and hot and even though this had lots of angst, it was still a feel good read thanks to their friends and family ribbing each other and looking out for each other. I could really appreciate the origin of the strong friendships and funny sexual antics that I adored in Pucked coming through in this.

I've really enjoyed this series. Highly
Jacqueline (Jbooklover)
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.25/5 stars

I did enjoy the sequel more than the first since it wasn't a slow build into the story and with the way the first ended I was happy about that!

This does focus more on Hayden and I found to really love how not only he dealt with his past but how he ends up moving forward from the past. I also felt the couple was more developed and in general I'm happy with how this duology wrapped up!!

Yet again WOULD RECOMMEND!!
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is the continuation of Hayden and Tenleys love story.

It begins with them in separate cities as Tenley works to put her past behind her once and for all. She has never felt more vulnerable but manages to find the strength to do the right thing and make sure that she still honors Connor wishes.

Poor Hayden feels like he is going crazy. He has never felt like he was worthy of Tenley but falling in love with her was something he just couldnt stop from happening. Right now he feels like he was
CC
This was a challenge read for me even though I read and loved the first book in the series a LONG time ago (4 years ago). I was not happy with the way it ended and just could not make myself read the follow up. This year I picked a few like this for my Low Angst Love challenge. So I am proud I read it. Considering how much my tastes have changed in the past 4 years, I am surprised how much I still liked it. My 4 stars is generous, and maybe a little nostalgic.

There were things I did not love. I
AH
Initial Thoughts:
I liked the second part of this series more than the first. While I found the cupcake chomping Hayden a little ridiculous in the first book, his character grew on me for this book. I enjoyed watching Tenley gain strength and stand up to the problems in her life as well.

The Review:
The conclusion to Clipped Wings was a much better book. Tenley returned to her hometown to deal with Connors estate and Trey. I was so very happy for Tenley, who despite being threatened by Treys
Julia's Book Haven
You know what the best part about this book is? (I mean besides the hot tattoo artists, the out of the box characters, the interesting storyline and the humour) There was like the minimal amount of freaking angst. Now don't get me wrong, angst can be good in a story, it can even be entertaining. But it can also be really annoying when all you want is the couple to get together and love each other. This book started with Tenley coming back from her home town after 3 weeks of no contact with ...more
C. Maria
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

For me this book was an improvement from the first book. It still had a lot of drama, but also answers and resolutions. Everything was settled and it ended quite beautiful and Tanley wasn't as annoying. Sometimes she actually was brave and help Hayden a lot through his bad moments.
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
This is live! And I haz it *squeaks* !!!!!
Kerri (Book Hoarder)

Im torn on this book because while I enjoyed it, I feel as though it could have been so much more than what it ended up being.

Hayden and Tenley are back with their usual fire and desperate need for each other, and once again I was drawn right back in to their story. Readers worried about a long, drawn out separation need not worry! In reading time, theyre not separated for long, though that doesnt mean that things are easy Which leads me to something that I love about these books.

So often in
Erica ♋️✨
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing i loved it so much i could not put this book down. The characters are just all damaged in there own way and its just such a beautiful journey that these two main characters take. I would totally recommend this book to anyone who loves heartbreaking new adult romance books with a happy ending. 💕🙌😍📚 ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***audiobook***

Wasnt the plot line I was expecting but I enjoyed it. These two are HOT, and I love the narration.
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

Initially Read: April 2014 (review written)
Re-Read: May 2016

After reading Clipped Wings I was eager to continue Tenley and Hayden's story. This book did not disappoint. It was an emotional journey from start to finish (for the characters not so much me).

I liked that, whereas in Clipped Wings the story was more about how Hayden helped Tenley heal from the accident, this book focused on how Tenley helped Hayden deal with the issues of his past.

Throughout the majority of
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I liked this one, it had a few surprises in it. Some of them I kind of knew.

I like Tenley and Hayden a lot they deserve all the good stuff and hapiness that you can imagine.

For some people this can also be some ķind of eye opener. It deals with grieve, loss, panic.

Wil Loves Books!
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this one. I need an epilogue!!!
belle ✨
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While this duology (Clipped Wings is first and Inked Armor picks up right where it left off) is probably not everyone's cup of tea, I LOVED it.

Inked Armor continues the story of Tenley and Hayden, two young people trying to learn to love again after life changing traumatic events. The book is full of drama (LOTS of drama) and emotions and ups and downs, but it's such an engaging read. I read in a single day! I love both Tenley and Hayden as characters and really enjoyed how their stories wrapped

• All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy Book 2)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • Just One Year
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Mine (Real, #2)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Enemies
  • Dirty Letters
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.

Clipped Wings (3 books)
  • Clipped Wings (Clipped Wings, #1)
  • Fractures in Ink (Clipped Wings, #3)