Start by marking “Inked Armor (Clipped Wings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Inked Armor (Clipped Wings, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Inked Armor (Clipped Wings #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  5,696 Ratings  ·  665 Reviews
In this follow-up to Clipped Wings, the emotional love story continues between Hayden and Tenley; two young people who desperately want to love and be loved but are afraid to completely let go of their pasts.

In the wake of losing Tenley Page, tattooist Hayden Stryker's tumultuous past is haunting him. Plagued by nightmares about the murder of his parents, Hayden reaches ou
Published May 13th 2014 by Gallery Books (first published May 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Inked Armor, please sign up.

Christy
4 stars!

photo 34C89936-44E1-4BDC-860D-52928BD71361_zpsh7wkl3bu.jpg
We were so similar in our pain. If only we could cancel each other’s out.

After listening to Clipped Wings I had to jump straight into Inked Armor and see how Hayden and Tenley’s story concluded. I loved these two broken characters and all I wanted for them was for them to be able to heal and move on together. I was nervous starting this one, but now that I’m finished, my heart is happy.

In the beginning, the story focuses on Tenley’s struggles with her family being gone. As the book
Aestas Book Blog
Starting this next I'm totally hooked on this. Love it!!!!

"Everyone has scars, Tenley. If we're lucky, they're only on the outside."

(Note: this is contemporary, NOT paranormal.)

My review of book #1: aestasbookblog.com/clipped-wings-review/
Lucia
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Tenley and Hayden:

Hayden is plagued by his nightmares and insecurities, Tenley is troubled by her bad past decisions. Will these two fragile people ever be able to catch a break and find their bliss?

Inked Armor is continuation of captivating story about intense and addictive love between two broken people struggling with guilt. It pained me to see how little Tenly and Hayden believed in themselves, how their fears were keeping them in check, postponing their chance for happiness.

But even tho
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Unapologetically Beautiful Stars

"F*ck appropriate"

description

Following up right where Clipped Wings left us hanging, the story between Hayden and Tenley continues proving that unique is beautiful and tragedies don't always end your life.

Longing to love and be loved, emotionally crippled, unconventional and sexy both our heroes grow so much as characters, fighting to let go of their pasts and trusting each other with their hearts.

"We were marked by one another. It went far beyond the skin. It went right
Duchess Nicole
I feel a little bad for even going for this ARC, seeing as how my feelings for book one were somewhat lackluster. So I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

There's so much circling around the actual subject matter and the real plot line that this quickly became one of the biggest drama fests ever. I lost count of how many times Tenley and Hayden break down, have a fit, lose themselves in tears, throw up, etc. All of the glaring problems in their respective lives that prevent them from having a h
TeriLyn
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Inked Armor generously provided by Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

This review contains spoilers, don't read if you haven't read book one Clipped Wings

5 Beautifully Inked Stars

Inked Armor beautifully continues the dark, sensual, and deeply emotional love story between Tenley and Hayden. The prose begins where Clipped Wings left us emotionally hanging, wanting more immediately from these two fatefully destined characters. The story leads us on a
Michelle
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC received on behalf of Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books from NetGalley.

When Tenley met Hayden and gave in to her desire for him, she always knew her past was going to come between them. I just don’t think she ever thought she would be the one forcing it to happen. She left, forced to go back to Arden Hills, Tenley is forced to face her past in a way that she never imagined. But in doing so, she left Hayden. There was no explanation given, no promise to return. Just her walking away from a man
AJ
This is the follow up to Clipped Wings – the heart-wrenching, emotionally intense and slightly edgy story of two people who have been broken by events in their past, but who find life-changing, all-consuming love together.

“She’d found a way between the cracks in my armor and blew it apart.”

This book picks up about a week after the end of the first book, and the subsequent novella Between the Cracks. I can’t really say anything specific about the storyline without being spoilery, but this is
Pam
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 heartfelt broken stars
In this life, for as long as we had, we would be each other's armor.

Tenley is finally ready to move on with her life; setting things up so that no one will ever hold any kind of power over her again and more importantly being able to finally forgive herself.
I wanted him back--but I needed to be worthy of him first.

Hopefully her selfishness hasn't destroyed the one good thing that has happened in her life. Tenley doesn't pretend to be completely "fixed" but seei
Naudia
"For me, she would always be the light in my darkness."

When I started this, I knew that I would like it more than I liked the first book. I was so happy when I was proved right, but this could have been a 5 star book.

Here's why it wasn't:

It really bugged me how nosy some of the characters could be. Someone was always in someone else's business. But I also think that bothered me because that's an actual thing I can't stand in real life.

I felt like there were a million different sides to Tenley a
Dali
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If the first book was a seductive healing of two shattered souls, then Inked Armor is the scorching melding of them, like the flow of molten lava, moving inexorably and changing and fussing them together with finality.

When we left Hayden and Tenley, they had a deep but guarded connection. They had found in the other something beautiful and unexpected, but their guilt and fears from the past kept them from opening up completely. When Tenley’s past literally comes knocking on her door, she decid
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it

1st off again

Yes, I really enjoyed this series. Did I buy it though? No.
Luckily enough I received an ARC through NetGalley.
I'm sorry but Amazon is asking for $9.52 FOR A FUCKING EBOOK!
That is just disgusting. That's paperback pricing!
Helena don't get me wrong your writing was beautiful but I think your publisher is pushing it.
Quickest way to turn off readers is jacking up the price..
We will all just wait till it goes on sale...
*Deep breath in*
*deep breath out*
Ok Rant over...

ANYWAY...

W
Angela
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5
Really enjoyed this second book. So funny and entertaining. Tenley was an enjoyable leading lady but there's no doubt Hayden stole the show!!! Freaking loved him!

Can't wait to read future books by Helena
Brianna Maddox
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Usually I'm terrible at continuing series, but I had to know what was going to happen! Plus I needed more Tenley and Hayden. I'm obsessed with them. What happened to them in the past was not only heart breaking, but I liked seeing their lives turn out for the best. It was a rough journey for them, but as things could have gone, they did a heck of alot better than I would have if I had been in either of their shoes. I knew one of the clues to the ending towards the beginning of the book. I got ne ...more
Jacqueline
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion to Hayden and Tenley' s story, this had a nice side of suspense and mystery balancing the angst and intense smut very nicely.

It was romantic and hot and even though this had lots of angst, it was still a feel good read thanks to their friends and family ribbing each other and looking out for each other. I could really appreciate the origin of the strong friendships and funny sexual antics that I adored in Pucked coming through in this.

I've really enjoyed this series. Highly reco
CC
This was a challenge read for me even though I read and loved the first book in the series a LONG time ago (4 years ago). I was not happy with the way it ended and just could not make myself read the follow up. This year I picked a few like this for my Low Angst Love challenge. So I am proud I read it. Considering how much my tastes have changed in the past 4 years, I am surprised how much I still liked it. My 4 stars is generous, and maybe a little nostalgic.

There were things I did not love. I
AH
Initial Thoughts:
I liked the second part of this series more than the first. While I found the cupcake chomping Hayden a little ridiculous in the first book, his character grew on me for this book. I enjoyed watching Tenley gain strength and stand up to the problems in her life as well.

The Review:
The conclusion to Clipped Wings was a much better book. Tenley returned to her hometown to deal with Connor’s estate and Trey. I was so very happy for Tenley, who despite being threatened by Trey’s und
Julia's Book Haven
You know what the best part about this book is? (I mean besides the hot tattoo artists, the out of the box characters, the interesting storyline and the humour) There was like the minimal amount of freaking angst. Now don't get me wrong, angst can be good in a story, it can even be entertaining. But it can also be really annoying when all you want is the couple to get together and love each other. This book started with Tenley coming back from her home town after 3 weeks of no contact with Hayde ...more
C. Maria
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

For me this book was an improvement from the first book. It still had a lot of drama, but also answers and resolutions. Everything was settled and it ended quite beautiful and Tanley wasn't as annoying. Sometimes she actually was brave and help Hayden a lot through his bad moments.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I liked this one, it had a few surprises in it. Some of them I kind of knew.

I like Tenley and Hayden a lot they deserve all the good stuff and hapiness that you can imagine.

For some people this can also be some ķind of eye opener. It deals with grieve, loss, panic.

вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
This is live! And I haz it *squeaks* !!!!!
Kerri (Book Hoarder)

I’m torn on this book because while I enjoyed it, I feel as though it could have been so much more than what it ended up being.

Hayden and Tenley are back with their usual fire and desperate need for each other, and once again I was drawn right back in to their story. Readers worried about a long, drawn out separation need not worry! In reading time, they’re not separated for long, though that doesn’t mean that things are easy… Which leads me to something that I love about these books.

So often i
Erica📚💕 ( Ericalovesbooks)
This book was amazing i loved it so much i could not put this book down. The characters are just all damaged in there own way and it’s just such a beautiful journey that these two main characters take. I would totally recommend this book to anyone who loves heartbreaking new adult romance books with a happy ending. 💕🙌🏻😍📚
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

Initially Read: April 2014 (review written)
Re-Read: May 2016

After reading Clipped Wings I was eager to continue Tenley and Hayden's story. This book did not disappoint. It was an emotional journey from start to finish (for the characters not so much me).

I liked that, whereas in Clipped Wings the story was more about how Hayden helped Tenley heal from the accident, this book focused on how Tenley helped Hayden deal with the issues of his past.

Throughout the majority of t
Wil Loves Books!
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this one. I need an epilogue!!!
belle ✨(bookishlybelle)
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While this duology (Clipped Wings is first and Inked Armor picks up right where it left off) is probably not everyone's cup of tea, I LOVED it.

Inked Armor continues the story of Tenley and Hayden, two young people trying to learn to love again after life changing traumatic events. The book is full of drama (LOTS of drama) and emotions and ups and downs, but it's such an engaging read. I read in a single day! I love both Tenley and Hayden as characters and really enjoyed how their stories wrapped
Sabina (Whatsername_reads)
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked it. A LOT!
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Guys, it’s official. I’m totally in love with this series! I loved Clipped Wings and I was excited to read Inked Armor. But, I was also nervous because in second books, I sometimes tend to feel like if the book feels forced or dragged on. This was not the case at all with this book, I ended up loving it more than Clipped Wings. I was Hoping to listen to this on audio, but I couldn’t wait for the release next week and went ahead and read it. Since I read and heard the audiobooks for the previous ...more
Natalie
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

Two broken souls finding each other and slowly healing are some of my favorite kinds of books to read and Helena Hunting did it perfectly in Clipped Wings and in its conclusion, Inked Armor.

Inked Armor starts off a few weeks after Clipped Wings ended with Tenley leaving both Hayden and Chicago to head back home to Arden Hills. Thankfully fans of the series don’t have to wait very long into Inked Armor for Hayden and Tenley to reconnect, however it is not all roses and sunshine when the
Nadine
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
“Please don’t leave me. Not again. Please. It hurts too much to be without you. I don’t know how.”

Inked Armor is everything that I disliked in the previous book, Clipped Wings. My connection to the characters was still limited, however it grew slightly by the end of Inked Armor but not enough to make me truly care about their outcomes.

What I truly hated about these books is the characters’ coping mechanisms. Using aggressive sex to avoid talking about feelings and overcoming emotional issues is
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • Exposure
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • Living Backwards
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Animate Me
  • Late Night with Andres
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • A Political Affair
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.
More about Helena Hunting

Clipped Wings (3 books)
  • Clipped Wings (Clipped Wings, #1)
  • Fractures in Ink (Clipped Wings, #3)
“Love doesn't always have convenient timing” 24 likes
“She'd found a way between the cracks in my armor and blew it apart. I wanted to have the same effect on her” 15 likes