Start by marking “Clipped Wings (Clipped Wings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Clipped Wings (Clipped Wings, #1)

Clipped Wings

(Clipped Wings #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  9,129 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews
An emotional love story that follows the touch-and-go relationship of Hayden and Tenley; two young people who desperately want to love and be loved but are afraid to completely let go of their pasts.

As Hayden and Tenley navigate their newfound but slightly unstable relationship, they want to trust each other, but Hayden is hiding a dark and shameful past that he doesn't ev
Published March 4th 2014 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Clipped Wings, please sign up.
Chelli It was a Twilight fanfic called Clipped Wings and Inked Armour.

·  9,129 ratings  ·  1,293 reviews

Start your review of Clipped Wings (Clipped Wings, #1)
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 4.5 STARS :::

I loved this book so much!!

It was one of those ones I'd had on my TBR since the day it came out but for some reason, I just didn't get around to reading it until now and I'm SO glad I finally did because this is going on my favorites list!!

First thing, this is a contemporary romance (not paranormal in any way). I know a few of you were asking about this, but I promise it's all real-world. It's also the first book of a complete 2-book series so there's
Christy
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-audios
4-4.5 stars!

photo 9F6B8572-9AB7-45AC-AD78-E4762EE7DB99_zpsovandrrg.jpg

After reading Helena Huntings Pucked series, I wanted to read more of her stuff. The Pucked books are hilarious, sexy and fun- Clipped Wings is a totally different kind of read, but to be honest, much more my speed. I love books with damaged characters and both the hero and heroine have endured so much loss and are damaged. These two broken people come together and find love. See- right up my alley!
Maybe that’s where the connection came from: we were linked through the pain
Lucia
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Tenley and Hayden:

Cupcakes-addicted tattoo artist and closed-off fragile girl. Both extremely attracted to each other and both hiding heartbreaking past. Can physical and emotional bond they slowly developped help them to overcome their nightmares or will it push them over the cliff?

Clipped Wings is one of the most intense and gut-wrenching stories ever. It is phenomenal book and I loved everything about it!

Hayden and Tenley are quite a pair. Him fearless, impulsive and overwhelming with OCD
Pearl Angeli
“Everyone has scars. If we're lucky, they're only on the outside."

(I buddyread this book with my lovelies Bea and Nicay)

One word to describe Helena Hunting's writing style: extraordinary. It's my first time to read a book written by this author and I instantly fell in love with her words. I've been meaning to get into this book for a while now ever since I saw a picture of it on Instagram. The beautiful cover caught ny attention! And because it also garnered lots of positive remarks,
Jill
Nov 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Searock

description

Readers who love tatted and pierced, reformed badboy tattooists with a penchant for cupcakes (not a euphemism, he really does love cupcakes) will no doubt devour this.

At twenty-five years-old, Hayden Stryker has already lived a full life. Once addicted to drugs, alcohol and sex, he's now got his life straightened out, working his own tattoo business Inked Armor. For weeks he's been eying off the new girl working in his aunt's used bookstore and cafe, across the street.

Tenley Page is enrolled
Michelle
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
ARC Received on behalf of Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books from NetGalley

When I finished Cupcakes and Ink I was already completely intrigued by this story and these characters. I expected a journey laced with pain and heartache. I expected to enjoy it. What I did not expect is to fall completely in love with it.

Tenley, she's broken. Not just a little, but completely. But for the first time in ten months something, or should I say someone, is bring her peace.

Hayden, his past is not pretty. He's
Searock
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This fic truly is amazing.

Don't let the auto-ratings of the P2P auto-haters fool you (always one star) and their dramatic effect on stuff like this that only has a dozen or so ratings. It wasn't even published yet, but I guess they rated it with the idea that maybe she would publish someday... like a pre-auto-hate rating.

This, this, this is one of those first cornerstone fanfics that hooked readers like myself into reading more romance fiction altogether. For me it was the first of it's kind- a
Duchess Nicole

This is a story of a girl in her early twenties who has recently experienced a horrific accident that has left her alone in life and devastated to the core. This is also about a guy who has experienced a tragedy and is starting to deal with the emotional wreckage. And he loves cupcakes. Each of them is loaded with guilt and attempting to move on.

What I liked:
I loved how in depth the tattoo artist lifestyle was described. This wasn't just a bad boy with some ink, this was a guy who expressed him
Patrycja

Release Date: March 4th, 2014
Rating: 3.75 stars
Cliffhanger: Yes.
HEA: (view spoiler)

After finishing prequel novella called Cupcakes and Ink by Helena Hunting I knew, that I won’t be able to stop myslef from wanting to read more of her work.

I fell in love with her incredibly beautiful writing and damaged characters, so sixty pages weren’t enough to satisfy my hunger. I needed to know more about Tenley
Norah Una Sumner
My drama-llama shelf can't do any justice to this book. I've also just found out that this was a Twilight fanfiction. Oh, what a joy.

description

Anywaaaay, Tenley is... I don't think I can explain how melodramatic and self-destructive this chick is. Everytime I started liking the story she would come up with a stupid idea and ruin it all. Hayden is a God for dealing with this girl... Even though I still don't realize why he liked her in the first place. Oh, yeah, she was mysterious... *sigh*
NA dramas are
Pam
4 stars

Everyone has a past but, when you let your past rule your life, can you really ever move on? Hayden and Tenley want nothing more than to deserve each other but keeping the details of their past a secret from each other only gives it the power to destroy anything good they have together.

Hayden

Hayden is a tattoo-artist who runs the shop across the street from where Tenley works and lives, her boss being his Aunt. He can’t explain what it is about this scared mouse that calls to him, bu
✰ Liz ✰

~And another stunning read from Helena Hunting! It seems I cannot get enough!~Full Review to come....when I get caught up!!!!~

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
Lainey
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5/5

The greatest thing about New Adult is that it often pulls me out of a reading slump when I feel myself heading towards one. Clipped Wings was no exception. Before I knew it, it was over and I definitely will be ranking this one among my favorite NA books.

What I liked most about this book were our two main characters Tenley and Hayden. The story is told in dual-perspective which I LOVED, because I loved being in both of their heads. Getting insight on their struggles and pasts
Lana Reads and Knits
I don't even have the energy to say much about it...
The beginning was pretty great, the characters so perfectly damaged, I was looking forward to see their growth and healing. The tattoo studio setting was good. The chemistry between the characters - damn, it was hot and well done!

But then something happened - or not happened - I don't know.
The secrecy, characters' inability to TALK and sex as a way of escaping from dealing with problems just started ruining such a wonderful build-up!! Plus the
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
cw sale with copyright

description

Normally, I have a lot of hearsay when it comes to books I read but for some reason I am speechless when it comes to Clipped Wings . I am not saying that this is the best book I've ever read in my life. But there is definitely something about it that worked for me and made it poignant and a standout in my eyes.

Everything was nicely balanced and it kept the right amount of intrigue to keep readers engaged. I mean, there is suspense yet there isn't. You figure out these characters' motives and
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
2.5 "Meh" Stars.

I struggled with this book honestly..it took me a long time to finish...Like way longer than it should have...I just kept finding other stuff I would rather read...In the end I liked it but I didn't love it. I received an ARC copy and while I expect there to be errors the word spacing on my cop y just a bou t drove me c razy. :)

Tenley is a broken girl.

She was on her way to get married and her fiance and whole family died in the crash. She is left scarred and broken.

nobody photo 90210-IVY_zps0d89fdb0.gif

She meets
Michelle
 photo 253c82743f2aab422a999daaa96e88_zpsxysxkr2d.gif

Helena Hunting is somewhat a new author for me but has recently has become one of my new favorite authors after I read Pucked and Pucked Up. I was instantly hooked and addicted to her writing, creativity, characters and witty humor. And so I knew that I wanted to check out her previous works. When I finally sat down to read Clipped Wings, I was in awe and consumed with this emotionally gripping beautiful read. With her gorgeous prose, Ms. Hunting paints a bold, sexy, beautiful, heart-tugging
Booknut
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
"Why didn't she just tell me the truth in the first place?"
"Maybe she wanted to protect herself."
"From what? Me?"
"She's petrified of losing you, Hayden. Don't you get it?"
Well I certainly don't get it.

Please explain to me how some authors find it acceptable to make their characters utterly hypocritical. It's not bad enough that the pattern of the story borders on predictable - but now the female protagonist has to have double standards on top of all of that.
 photo tumblr_lra4ookCoV1qjuuqbo3_500.gif
Whatever happened to the sayi
Debra
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it

★★★★ 4 stars!

An interesting storyline; broken, tortured characters who understand each others pain and and try to help each other overcome their past...this was a very unique, heartfelt NA romance story that I very much enjoyed reading! Can't wait to start the next book in this series!

**ARC courtesy of Gallery, Treshold, Pocket Books, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honesty eview**

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
this is a great story. i read it as fanfiction....here's my review:

TeriLyn
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Clipped Wings generously provided by Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

Guilt - it should be categorized as the eighth deadly sin. Guilt’s a manipulative feeling settling deep in your soul, rooting itself; a nagging feeling warping all intrinsic, gut reactions. It’s always there ready to strike at the first sign of peace. Ready to strike at any given moment, the aftermath of which is akin to the aftermath of a tornado, irreparable destruction. Exc
Beatrice Masaluñga
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I buddy read this book with sis Pearl and sis Nicay [Click the names to read their reviews]

I put this book down for a month (almost two months) because the story was too heavy and got me on a reading slump. So I decided to switch to another book and just go back to it when I'm on the mood. Surprisingly, I'm more engrossed with it than before.

Tenley Page and Hayden Stryker - These two have dark stories that made them broken. Both endured such pain leaving them scars. As they get to know more bet
~ Becs ~
 photo clippedwingscasting_zps798ecd4d.jpg

Love consumes you. Secrets tear you apart.

Clipped Wings is book one in a new series from Helena Hunting focusing on the story of Tenley and Hayden. There is a prequel novella, Cupcakes & Ink, which it is not necessary to have read to enjoy this book but provides some nice background. The story does not conclude in this book and will continue in Inked Armor due for release in May.

photo clippedwingscollage_zps4f7916cd.jpg

I really loved this darkly atmospheric story from Helena Hunting. It’s so full of raw pain, anguish and sorrow. It tel
Angela
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a case of the right book at the right time. I felt myself slipping into a slump with the other book I was reading so I set it down and picked up Clipped Wings. I think my favorite thing about new adult books is that they are some of the best to pick up when you need to get out of a reading slump. Though Clipped Wings is overall your basic NA novel, I did enjoy that there was a little something different about it, and something that surprising related rather close to me.

Clipped Wings is a
Holly
OH. MY. GOD. I LOVED HIS BOOK!! THE STORY, THE CHARACTERS AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN!!

I am going to put the warning out there though, it has a cliffhanger! I didn't realize it and I was about in tears last night when there were no more pages to turn! Ya know when you tap your kindle and the page doesn't turn because you didn't realize you were at fucking 99%!! Yeah, that was me last night!!

Soooo, all of you that know me should know that the moment this book was recommended to me and I heard tatto
Anna
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one ! I apparently have a fetish for moody, broody and pierced tattoo artist :)
Nicay Magnate
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Review originally posted at The Nerdy side of a Queen

“He had become a new addiction, one far more dangerous than pills.”

Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting was all about a two different persons with identical dark past experiences inside their hearts and lives. At first, it was not easy for them to get attached specially to Tenley, because of the accident happened less than year ago. While Hayden, a tattooist at the Inked Armor; a business partnered by Chris, Lisa and Jamie were founded by them.
AJ
“Everyone has scars … If we’re lucky, they’re only on the outside.”

5 shining stars

OMG, I loved this book!!! It’s a beautiful, heart-wrenching, emotionally intense and slightly edgy story of two people who have been broken by events in their past, but who find something very special together while desperately searching for a way forward.

Tenley has recently moved to Chicago. She is all alone following a horrific trauma that saw her lose everybody and everything that she cared about and which left
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“I’m sorry I can’t make the hurt go away.”
“You do, every time you touch me.”

Flawed, imperfect, tortured, impeccably developed characters are my undoing, but couple that with some pretty spectacular writing, and I find myself bursting at the seams from glee. When I started this book, I knew nothing about it, so everything I found caught me completely by surprise. I can only compare it to a blind date that ends up rocking your world, because in no time this book consumed my every thoug
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
➳A love story filled with darkness, passion, and a thrill that I enjoyed through every single turn of a page...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Bookworm Bitches : CLIPPED WINGS SERIES 2 17 Oct 17, 2015 09:08AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting - Starting 7th June 19 20 Jun 10, 2015 10:53AM
Books Like This 2 55 Dec 27, 2014 08:23PM

• All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Wild for You (Hot Jocks #6)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • Just One Year
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • Flirting with the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle Book 9)
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Love Under Quarantine
  • Reckless Obsession (The Reckless Rockstar Series)
  • Enemies
  • The Temptation
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.

Clipped Wings (3 books)
  • Inked Armour (Clipped Wings, #2)
  • Fractures in Ink (Clipped Wings, #3)