Start by marking “The Summer They Never Forgot” as Want to Read:

The Summer They Never Forgot

It started with a summer kiss…

Sandy Adams is on her way to an interview, but when she sees a signpost for Dolphin Bay she decides to take a detour down memory lane….

Ben Morgan has had his share of heartache. But when a ghost from his youth catches his eye memories of their last summer together come flooding back.

Everything has changed in the past twelve years, and still
Published February 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published November 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Summer They Never Forgot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer They Never Forgot

Start your review of The Summer They Never Forgot
Desere
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it

Taking a stroll down memory lane is something we all do at some stage of our lives. It might be just because at that current moment we feel lost or you might be at a point where you are thinking you would have been better off if you made a different decision.

But no matter the reason , for most of us the fact remains that we will simply never get back what once was. Unless a second chance is in the cards for us.

As is the case in the new read from Kandy Shepard. On impulse Sandy Adams takes a det
Nas Dean
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGOT by author Kandy Shepherd is a Harlequin Romance release for February 2014.

Sandy Adams wanted to get away as far away from Sydney as she could to start a new life. It was her thirtieth birthday and the day her ex was getting married. On her way to start a new life, she turned to a small town for lunch. It was the same town where she had spent the summer with her family when she was eighteen. And had a summer romance with the town’s favourite son, Ben Morgan. She had t
Helen
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a heartwarming emotional and sensual story I couldn't put it down.Sandy and Ben had met 12 years before while still teenagers and fell in love in the coastal town of Dolphin Bay such a great setting but when Sandy went back to the City they lost touch but neither forgot each other. Much has happened to both of them in these years tragedy and heart break but when they meet again the spark is still there but there is a lot to overcome. You will not want to miss this one :)
Katrina
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kandy Shepherd has a wonderful way of bringing her characters to life, showing us many emotions along the way, we can see and feel everything within the storyline. The Summer They Never Forgot will have you riveted till the very last page. I read this book in one sitting and closed the last page grinning sheepishly and with a content heart and a big smile. ((I love HEA))

The Summer They Never Forgot offers a good strong plot with great characters, sexual tension, magnetic passion, strong pasts,
Georgina Penney
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book gave me the warm and fuzzies from beginning to end. It's a bit of a cliche to call a romance sweet or heartwarming but that's really what The Summer They Never Forgot is.

I was having a pretty horrific day when I picked it up and was hoping I'd end up getting a dose of the levity the cover promised and that's exactly what happened. All the jobs I had around the house completely got forgotten and I ended up reading it in one sitting.

From the very beginning I found myself liking Sandy and
Julie
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Childhood sweethearts get a second chance at happiness in Kandy Shepherd’s charming and irresistible debut novel for Harlequin Romance, The Summer They Never Forgot.

Sandy Adams had always thought that by the age of thirty, she would have settled down with the man of her dreams, had a couple of kids and found fulfillment in a challenging and satisfying career – she certainly never imagined that she would find herself single, dumped and unemployed! With her birthday fast approaching, Sandy realise
Virginia Campbell
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The charming little resort town of Dolphin Bay, Australia is the setting author Kandy Shepherd has created for her heartwarming contemporary romance, "The Summer They Never Forgot". On Sandy Adams' thirtieth birthday, she leaves big-city Sydney and a broken romance behind and heads for a new job opportunity in Melbourne. Along the way, happy memories lead her to a stop-over in Dolphin Bay, where a long ago vacation with her family lead to a youthful romance with Ben Morgan, a handsome and caring ...more
Devika Fernando
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for the perfect summer read, you’ll love “The Summer They Never Forgot” by Kandy Shepherd. I won this book during a giveaway, and I’m really glad about it because it’ll be “the book I’ll never forget”.
Sandy and Ben make for a wonderful couple. I liked the idea of them having fallen in love during their teenage years when she and her family came to Dolphin Bay for a holiday, but then losing touch. Years later, they’re not only grown up but loaded with baggage from the past. Whil
Karen
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed
The Summer They Never Forgot

I loved this book. It gave me a chance to see how the United Kingdom uses words that are so similar to ours in the US. I love anything that has to do with the UK. Some the best authors come the UK. This book is no exception. I bought a book by Kandy Shepherd just yesterday and saw that this book came before it so I bought it on my Kindle to read before reading the other. This book had me laughing and wanting to cry at the same time. I could actually picture myself on
Harlequin Books
"TOP PICK! Sheperd's love story is heartfelt and has the potential to reach the hearts of lovers across the globe. The main characters are perfect as a pair and the setting of New South Wales is described so beautifully, readers will almost feel the sand between their toes." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars
Cathleen Ross
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-shelf
This is a wonderful read by Kandy Shepherd. Heroine Sandy stops by Summer Bay her head full of memories of once was a place where she met hero Ben. But things have changed and Ben was struck by tragedy. Can their former love be rekindled?

I loved, loved loved this book.
Gail
Great story set in Australian beach town between two summer sweethearts who never forgot each other.
Kobie
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: australia
want to read about Ben's brother Jesse and Kate!
Fiona Lowe
A sweet, evocative read. Kandy Shepherd always delivers
Annie
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic beachside escape. Sweet, romantic and satisfying.
Reading with Cats
Jan 12, 2014
Hannah V
Dec 07, 2019

• The Secret Baby Bargain
  • The Marquess of Temptation (Reluctant Regency Brides #3)
  • The Captain of Betrayal (Reluctant Regency Brides #4)
  • The Lord of Heartbreak (Reluctant Regency Brides #2)
  • A Single Demand
  • The Duke of Ruin
  • The Duke's Governess in Disguise (Fairfax Twins #2)
  • The Duke's Bride in Disguise (Fairfax Twins #1)
  • His Virgin Secretary
  • The Innocent Virgin
  • The Marriage He Must Keep (The Wrong Heirs #1)
  • The Maid's Spanish Secret
  • Claiming My Hidden Son
  • The Virgin's Price
  • Proof of Their One-Night Passion
  • The Greek's Surprise Christmas Bride
  • Maid for the Untamed Billionaire
  • Christmas Contract for His Cinderella

Kandy Shepherd left a fast-paced career as a magazine editor to write award-winning romantic fiction.
Kandy lives in a small farm in the Blue Mountains near Sydney, Australia, with her husband, daughter and a menagerie of four-legged friends.
She believes in love-at-first-sight and real-life romance—they worked for her!