Start by marking “A Ranch to Keep” as Want to Read:
A Ranch to Keep

A Ranch to Keep

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
What she planned…or what she wants?

Samantha Rylant's life is coming together as planned—promising career, awesome friends, perfect boyfriend. Then she inherits her grandmother's ranch and sweet childhood memories come rushing back to her. Now this city girl is torn, wondering where she truly belongs. And the gorgeous cowboy down the lane is only complicating matters!

Jack
Published February 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Ranch to Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Ranch to Keep

Geektaard
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
why are ranchers so damn hot?
Lisa Katz
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a Harlequin Romance novel, and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. This was a well-written, fast-paced novel that I actually could not put down. It was a great read, from beginning to end with strong, yet real characters that one could identify with. The backdrop was San Francisco and the sweeping beauty of the Northern California countryside, hours outside of the city.

Meet Samantha Rylant, a strong female character that has an awesome career, great friend
Kate Vale
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
Samantha Rylant is heavily into her marketing career, aiming for a big promotion and secretly dating her boss. (A first no-no). Then her grandmother dies and leaves the ranch in the Sierras to Samantha. The tenant and nearest neighbor is a hunky rancher with a NYC financier background. He engages in several "rescues" of Samantha that she appreciates, but only after the fact. Life has taught her to take care of herself, to not depend on others, which helps explain why she covers up that she's doi ...more
Kari Lemor
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book by new author Claire McEwen and it was wonderful. The longer length of Superromance is always a treat but the charming, heartfelt story just swept me away romantically.

The characters are people you can relate to and believe in and the way this author writes, you can feel their emotions so well. Her writing style is crisp and clean and flows smoothly like water trickling in a stream. The descriptions were amazing and brought you right into the lovely mountain filled worl
Bonnie
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Ranch To Keep was a good book. I think it dragged on in some spots. Samantha's grandmother left her a ranch in the middle of nowhere. She works at a very demanding job in New York City. Her boss is her boyfriend but no one at works know they are dating. She finds out he is dating someone else at work and she is three months pregnant. She spends weekend at the ranch to clean it up and do some fixing on the place. It's a beautiful area. Jack lives next door and rented land from her grandmother. ...more
Cecile
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The title gives part of the story away and you expect there to be a happy ending, and yet this book is a real page-turner!

Not only are the descriptions of SF and the Ranch so vivid you are compelled to read on, but the internal thoughts of the characters are, too. And, for me, it was the unexpected misunderstandings between the two main characters and their constant (internal) self-flagellations that really caught my attention; these made the characters more real and kept me wondering how on ea
Sandy
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, in fact, I had trouble putting it down. It's a simple, uncomplicated romance novel about a city girl who inherits her grandparent's farm in the country and falls hard for her hunky cowboy neighbor while struggling to keep up with her active life and career in San Francisco. It wasn't hard to figure out where the plotline was going to go but it was fun going there. McEwen is a good author and the book is well written, with the exception of a few typos.
Debbie Herbert
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Samantha and Jack were such a likable couple that I cheered for their happy ending all the way. I loved that these characters weren't stereotypes of the damsel in distress or the uber macho cowboy. Instead, they were complex characters and the author did a superb job with the romance - showing why these two people were perfect for one another. Lots of tender moments filled with magic!
ND
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a lot of SuperRomance but found myself enjoying A Ranch To Keep. This was a smart, sweet story set in the High Sierras and features a heroine from San Francisco. I devoured the book in two sessions. I enjoyed the character development, swooned over cowboys and found the romance developed at just the right pace.
Jennae Vale
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book - the characters, the setting and the romance. The author did a great job of making me want to turn every page and keep on reading. I'm waiting patiently for the next book in the series.
Susan Fortune Pinheiro
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had a hunky cowboy next door. Great chemistry. I loved that the heroine was willing to give up everything for him but she managed to hold on to her important career. The vivid nature descriptions made the book come alive for me.
Heather
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. I was laughing in the first 20 pages and the interaction between Sam and Jack was sweet and funny and very "feel good." Very much enjoyed this book.
Karen
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
An easy, predictable read. Overall it was a bit predictable romance, but worth the reading.
Debbie
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads for a honest review. I enjoyed this book. It pulled you in with the first page. Samantha the city girl and Jack the handsome rancher.
Penney
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this story very good, A new Author for me and I will be reading many more by her.
Harlequin Books
"A Ranch to Keep is a well-constructed and nicely paced novel with an interesting storyline and characters." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Arik Florimonte
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Vivid prose that transports you to the Eastern Sierras. Snappy dialog that make you laugh out loud. And memorable characters that stuck with you long after you've finished reading it. Loved it!!
Gail
Nice story. A little slow paced, but a good read.
Marisianne Attard
gail bond
Dec 18, 2016
  • Now You See Me
  • Remembering That Night
  • What Belongs to Her (Templeton Cove, #3)
  • Staying at Joe's (Castle Creek, #2)
  • His Brown-Eyed Girl (New Orleans' Ladies, #3)
  • A Perfect Distraction (New Jersey Ice Cats, #1)
  • The Sweetest Hours
  • What Happens Between Friends
  • A Perfect Homecoming
  • That Weekend...
  • The Firefighter's Appeal
  • Weekends in Carolina
  • In Her Corner
  • Rodeo Dreams (Rodeo Dreamers #1)
  • Sleepless in Las Vegas
  • Just for Today...
  • Her Kind of Trouble
Claire McEwen lives by the ocean in Northern California with her family and a scruffy, mischievous terrier. When not dreaming up new stories, she can be found digging in her garden with a lot of enthusiasm but, unfortunately, no green thumb. She loves discovering flea-market treasures, walking on the beach, dancing, traveling and reading, of course!

More about Claire McEwen...