Start by marking “Vegan Ice Cream: Over 90 Sinfully Delicious Dairy-Free Delights” as Want to Read:
Vegan Ice Cream: Over 90 Sinfully Delicious Dairy-Free Delights

Vegan Ice Cream: Over 90 Sinfully Delicious Dairy-Free Delights

This revised edition of Vice Cream features more than 90 delicious ice cream recipes using all-vegan ingredients like nuts, dates, coconut milk, maple syrup, and fruit, plus recipes for raw vegan ice creams and sauces.
Published May 13th 2014 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Ice Cream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Ice Cream

Start your review of Vegan Ice Cream: Over 90 Sinfully Delicious Dairy-Free Delights
Mariana
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, non-fiction
Since I am eating raw vegan for lint, I appreciated being able to eat ice cream. The recipe was easy and tasty. However, it was expensive. I spent $27 on ingredients for only the hazelnut vanilla raw vegan ice cream.
Kelly
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, reviewed
Should be Called "(Mostly) Raw Vegan Ice Cream"

(Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book for review through the Blogging for Books program.)

I've been vegetarian since 1996, and went vegan in the mid-aughts. Along with vegan pizza, vegan ice cream is my absolute favorite - and have tumblogs dedicated to each to prove it. I own one ice cream maker (a Cuisinart Ice-45) and covet a second one (the KitchenAid Stand Mixer & Ice Cream Maker Attachment). No fewer than five vegan ice
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
all fairly simple recipies with available ingredients
Erin Cataldi
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just to clarify, I am not a vegan, just a lowly vegetarian. That being said I can still enjoy the amazingness of regular ice cream, but... I still want to eat every dang recipe in this book. The original title of this book was called "Vice Cream," how clever?!?! This book isn't too horribly complicated, some recipes have a lot more steps than others, but some only have two ingredients! TWO! I will admit I haven't made any of the ice creams myself yet, I need to invest in a good blender and ice ...more
Jennifer Clausen-greene
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a brand new vegan, I am constantly searching for ways to enjoy the same foods in a different format that I have been accustomed to for my whole life. My kids and I use to make late night runs to get ice cream we are so addicted to it. Now thanks to Jeff we have all learned how to make ice cream for ourselves that is animal friendly. With many delicious and easy recipes to sample and enjoy this book was a HUGE hit at my home. We even made some of the recipes for our church Ice Cream Social and ...more
Carolynn
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking, ice-cream
I really liked this book, and I changed my review from 4 to 5 stars, because I realized I can't eat dairy easily (if at all), and this book is non-dairy! On top of that, I would make most of the recipes just as is and really enjoy them, I am sure, and there is always room for "tweaking" later. The basics section is very helpful, the recipes are very doable, and most of them look delightful (I take exception to the Jalepeno Heaven, but my friend Jo might like it a lot).

If you have difficulty with
Karen!
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
This book covers a massive range of flavors and tastes. From traditional flavors to fruits to exotic to raw, there is something for every palate. Unfortunately, Rogers over complicates things by calling for specialty ingredients in nearly every recipe. Additionally, these are not for everyday use for the budget-conscious vegan. Some of the recipes also lack a creaminess that one eagerly anticipates from ice cream, and there are a few rare blends that are slightly off the mark for flavor balance ...more
Mary
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
Vegan Ice Cream: Over 90 Sinfully Delicious Dairy-Free Delights, by Jeff Rogers

Previously published as Vice Cream, Rogers new edition lives up to its subtitle. Many of these recipes are simple and require nothing out of the ordinary. Rogers recommends using more raw and fresh ingredients and often calls for fresh dates as the primary sweetener in his raw vegan ice creams. Proving that ice cream does not have to be an unhealthy treat, Rogers provides flavors that will appeal to everyone's tastes:
Teresa
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This book requires an ice cream machine-every recipe requires it. That said, the range of flavors Rogers offers is amazing and mouth watering. The recipes are very friendly to those without access to specialty ingredients and include both recipes using cooked ingredients and raw recipes. Rogers's notes are not intrusive and he gives an excellent basic primer on the more 'esoteric' ingredients as well as sweeteners. I've not made the life choices that would justify an ice cream machine but I have ...more
Nerisa  Eugenia Waterman
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream, vegan ice cream is definitely a good alternative. More importantly, if you have the time and the patience... that is required to make the vegan ice cream properly, regardless of what method you choose, you will have a creamy textured vegan ice cream. I think this book is definitely worth adding to your cookbook collection.

My Full Review: http://myohosisters.webs.com/apps/blo...-
Aja Marsh
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, food
didn't get to try anything out of this book yet, but it's yet another approach to vegan ice cream, this one more of the raw ilk, but i like that he uses alternative sweeteners like dates and maple syrup and some just fruit. an interesting mix of recipes. might refer back to this one at some point just to try something out.
Suzanne
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-and-drink
The recipes are easy and delicious, and the author takes into account taste preferences and allergies and offers suitable substitutions. I didn't know I had a need for pumpkin ice cream in my life, but it was glorious.
James
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
While the title is wrong, the insides look nice. Lucky I don't own an ice cream maker. Note that these recipes still have lots of calories for the most part. They are not diet food.
Nanci Booher
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a great book with great recipes. My only complaint is that the format did not allow for easy use. I had to lay something on top of it to make it stay open.
Andrea
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Tasty recipes that use common ingredients! No soy or weird binders... Thank you!!!
Melanie
Jul 11, 2014
Melodie
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: food
If I owned an ice cream machine, this book would be better.
Erin
Apr 08, 2015
Deena
Jan 03, 2015
Jane
Aug 07, 2014
Stacey Emerson
Jul 30, 2015

• Vegan a la Mode: More Than 100 Ice Creams, Gelatos, Granitas, and Other Frozen Delights
  • A Single Thread
  • Grand Union: Stories
  • Charlotte Walsh Likes To Win
  • The High-Protein Vegan Cookbook: 125+ Hearty Plant-Based Recipes
  • We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels
  • My Friend Anna
  • The Witches Are Coming
  • Aquafabulous!: 100+ Egg-Free Vegan Recipes Using Aquafaba
  • Betsy and the Great World (Betsy-Tacy, #9)
  • N'ice Cream: 80+ Recipes for Healthy Homemade Vegan Ice Creams
  • Liv B's Vegan on a Budget: 112 Inspired and Effortless Plant-Based Recipes
  • 365 Vegan Smoothies: Boost Your Health With a Rainbow of Fruits and Veggies
  • Murder in Mesopotamia (Hercule Poirot, #14)
  • Black Coffee (Hercule Poirot, #45.5)
  • 150 Best Vegan Muffin Recipes