Start by marking “The Widow's Suitor” as Want to Read:
The Widow's Suitor

The Widow's Suitor

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
CORA ANDERSON ISN'T LOOKING FOR LOVE.

The young widow is just trying to make a life on the prairie for herself and her newborn son. When handsome newcomer Luke Dow shows up at her cabin door, she soon relies on the man's help with her homestead and dares to dream of the future.

Luke came to the small South Dakota town to build a hotel and make his fortune. But he never expec
Published February 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Widow's Suitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Widow's Suitor

Sam B
I won this book through the Heartsong Treasure Hunt held on Goodreads.

The story starts with Cora delivering her son. That's when she meets Luke.
Cora is widowed. She lives with her mother-in-law and now with her newborn son. They're running a laundry business to get by, and Cora plans to prove up her land. But when she realizes the man her mother-in-law wants her to marry isn't the one everyone thinks he is, Cora has to fight for her land no matter the cost.

This book is a sweet romance between C
June
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Luke lost his faith as a young man when hypocrisy was all he saw in people who preached about a God. He's decided there is no God.

Cora knows the only way she's made it through life is her faith. She lost her family and then her husband.

When Luke shows up at her door while she's in labor, both of their lives change. Through struggles and hardships they become close but Cora can never be yoked with an un-believer. Very emotional story.
Annalisa
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rose Zediker has written an intriguing love story based in a small South Dakota town in the 19th century. I was routing for the characters from the first few pages. Her book has an accurate glimpse, I believe, into the hardships people incurred to settle our great country. The strong heroine and her reluctant hero face daily challenges and a vicious opponent. I learned a lot about the mind set of time period and am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Wendy
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story as it told just how strong one woman could be, not only in proving her land up without her husband but mostly her very strong faith in the Lord. This was a nice short read that I didn't want to put down. If you like Christian Historical books I'm sure you will enjoy this one. Thank your Rose for doing such a fine job, I will be looking for more of your books.
Gert
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the minute I read the spoiler (first few pages). I was hooked, I could not wait to get this book! After finishing it, I certainly wasnt disappointed. Immediately I was drawn into the story, it was just like being right there. Wanting to share their food, their trials, their fears and their love. It was an amazing story for those who enjoy books that they can't put down until it's finished!!
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful read. Luke was drawn to Cora from the start and was there for her to help and support her in what she was going through, he had all the charecteristics you'd expect to see/find in a good Christian God-fearing man (caring, considerate, helpful, compassionate, sympathetic, giving, supportive, protective, etc.) and yet he wanted nothing to do with God or the Christian faith because of his past experience with it. Thankfully he wasn't chased away by her faith or her utter depend ...more
Rose Zediker
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura B
Cheryl
May 18, 2016
Marlene
Dec 02, 2016
Multi-published author and RITA finalist, Rose Ross Zediker, writes contemporary and historical inspirational romances and has over one hundred publishing credits in the Christian magazine genre for children and adults. Her titles have appeared on ECPA bestseller lists and been finalists for the RITA, National Reader's Choice, Booksellers Best and Book Buyers Best award contests. Rose is a member ...more
More about Rose Ross Zediker...