Start by marking “Allure (The Watcher 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Allure (The Watcher 0.5)

Read Excerpt

Allure

(The Watcher #0.5)

As America tries to forget the horrors of the Great War by embracing jazz, flappers, and the speakeasy, the Watchers remain vigilant by protecting the innocent and maintaining order among the Immortals—including a powerful line of Seers who are all but extinct. But the real horror is just beginning.

When George Yates is ordered to escort the beautiful Rosemond Le Clair to
Paperback, First, 320 pages
Published September 10th 2013 by Epic Books Publishing (first published September 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Allure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allure

Start your review of Allure (The Watcher 0.5)
Lauren
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't dare open this book until I had finished all of my grad school responsibilities for the semester. I knew that the moment I started, everything else would be shoved way down on the priority list. The wait was hard, but well worth it.

Allure is a unique prequel because it stands just as well on its own as it does within the context of the entire Watcher Series. While the original trilogy certainly provides the framework for the world in which the prequel operates, Allure still feels like a
Judi
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A book of love, friendship and forgiveness.

Set in the late 1920's young Rosemond's sheltered life shatters in a single night. She must flee her childhood home as her mother faces grave danger and trust a reserved and somewhat stiff George. Through George, Rosemond learns of her superordinary lineage and understands why her life will never, ever, be normal.

Rosemond and George must turn to George's best friend Ethan for help. His humor and charm ease the tension of the duo's desperate flight to sa
Jessica
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Watcher Series's prequel, Allure, makes an excellent addition to the saga. The novel itself provides great insight into some characters in the other books, as well as a fun, romance-filled atmosphere. The three leads' personalities just play so well with each other throughout, it's hard not to love them. Behind it all though, readers will find a true grit and reality to the story. The bitter-sweetness of the novel feels like the nostalgia of falling in love for the first time. Overall, Allur ...more
Elaina
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
CAN NOT express how much I loved it!! I thought Aleria was an amazing protagonist, and she clearly got it from her Grandmother! Rosemond is equally amazing!! You'll love this book whether of not you have read the Watcher Series (and will have you desperate to read it if you haven't!!)
Threadmuse
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun combination of historical fiction and vampires. Totally enjoyed this page turner.
Jaime K
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
I won this in a goodreads giveaway.

When I entered to win, I knew it was a prequel, which is good - I never read any novels in the Watcher series and it sounded quite interesting with paranormal beings in the past.

There are Seers, who are also Sirens (Rosemond)
Watchers (George) who help protect
Vampires who really don't have much pull in the story even though they ARE the antagonists
Slayers who are like angels but not really

Because Rosemond is a Siren, George and his human friend Ethan both fall i
Tamar
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book! It's such a great prequel to the series. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book and could not put it down.

Allure is set in the 1920's, which is always a fun time period for literature. The characters and depictions are true to that time in American history. Ms. Woods has done a fabulous job in researching the decade and it shines through her work.

Allure follows the great grandmother of Aleria, from The Unintended, The Nexus, and The Sacrifice. The story explains many
Kyle Walker
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Allure is such a fun read. Taking place in the magical time that was the Roaring 20's, Allure is a nice change of pace from the modern day tale of the Watcher Series. This stand-alone period piece really has some beautiful visuals and moments in it. Being a prequel, you can read Allure in whatever order in the Watcher Series that you like, and it will add to the story over-all. It’s not quite as heavy as the Watcher series ends up, but still has the great story telling you've come to expect from ...more
Danielle Buck
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Either at the front end or at the tail end of The Watcher Series (which is TOTALLY worth a read, by the way!), this book is a great bookend! I read it after I had already finished the series, so it was interesting to "go back in time" and get a little bit of context for characters I had already met.

Woods is great at writing a love story, and this book is definitely no exception! While the book is an "easy read" (not easy, like for kindergartners, but easy like it wasn't super mentally taxing), i
Hailey
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Middle Schoolers through Adults
Recommended to Hailey by: the author
Allure, a prequel of the Watcher Series by Robin Woods, is a amazing book that perfectly explains the origins of Aleria Hayes. Rosemond Le Clair, a Seer and the Great-Grandmother of Aleria, and George Yates are two characters that are very easy to fall in love with.
In summary, George is ordered by his father to protect Rosemond. After a rocky start, they seek the help of Ethan Kendrick, George's friend from school. They stick together through temptations, vampire attacks, and utter chaos. The bo
Theresa
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My friend was trying to text me about this book after I finished reading it. I told her that I needed a few minutes to collect my shattered emotions, and it was not a lie! This is probably my favorite book of this series--although I think that I just have a thing for prequels. I love the time period, characters, and twists throughout the story. Sometimes prequels can end up being disappointing because the author ran out of ideas or didn't make characters original enough, but that is not the case ...more
Barbara
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better. I started with The Unintended, not realizing there was a prequel. It didn't matter - this book can stand alone. At first I wasn't sure about the character point of view switching, but I quickly changed my mind. The author developed the characters well, and the action had me at the edge of my seat. I was sad at the end! I'm starting The Nexus which will surely keep me hooked! Thank you, Mrs, Woods
Rachel
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling taste of the 1920's, Allure offers a little bit for everyone--romance, vampires, speakeasies, charm, laughter, tears. The two perspectives add a depth to both main characters that endears them to the readers, and it does not take long before you care deeply about both (and the third character, of course!).I cannot imagine anyone disliking this beautiful story; it is my favorite of the Watcher Series.
Laura Semkiw
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was easily one of the best books I have ever read. This author continues to write amazing stories that can make you both laugh and cry. Never have I been more interested in reading about vampires. This book is thrilling, daring, and has some twists you will never see coming. If you haven't read it yet, you really need to. Her other books are just as amazing as this one. You will immediately fall in love with her books and will just be begging for her to write more. Love them!
Lexy Martin
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Other reviewers rave about the Watcher series which I've never read. This is a prequel and perhaps if I'd read others I would have liked more. It was an interesting story with fun characters and if you like YA with a light dose of vampires, this would be good for you. It left me wanting a good book.
Starbxlvr
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this over the span of one weekend because I could not put it down. I fell in love with the characters and became immersed in the unfolding love story. The story is wonderfully descriptive and the characters developed in a very real way. Fantastic plot with an ending that left me wondering when she would be publishing her next book.
Karissa Wolfe
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Allure was everything I hoped it would be and more! It was a beautiful story about love and loss. I laughed, I cried, and sat on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book! Thank you, Robin Woods, for taking us further into your world!
Jennifer Brager
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's a great prequel to first three books and is set in the 1920s. It's a real page turner just like the other books in the series. Once you start reading it's very hard to put down. I don't have a favorite character as there is something special in each one.
Jessica
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-marina
Looking forward to reading this book!!! The last three were amazing, I couldn't put them down! Can not wait to see how it all started....
Micaela Gonzalez
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
My favorite in the series!
Amanda Schulte millikan
Nicholas
Oct 02, 2014
Njp
Jul 02, 2015
Robin Woods is a former high school and university instructor with two and a half decades of experience teaching English, literature, and writing. She earned a BA in English and an MA in education.

In addition to teaching, Robin Woods has published six highly-rated novels, eight creative writing workbooks, and has multiple projects in the works, including writing for a Hollywood producer.

When Ms.

The Watcher (6 books)
  • The Unintended (The Watcher, #1)
  • The Nexus (The Watcher, #2)
  • The Sacrifice (The Watcher, #3)
  • The Fallen: Part One (The Watcher, #4)
  • The Fallen: Part Two (The Watcher, #5)