Start by marking “Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)” as Want to Read:
Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)

Freeing Asia

(Breaking Free #1)

Alternate/new cover edition of ASIN# B00EH41JFA

How does a tomboy raised in a house full of men find the sensual woman inside of her? Growing up with a widowed, retired Marine as a father and two older brothers taught Asia to be tough. But how does she stop being one of the guys and learn to find the right one?

Finding herself won't be easy, finding love will be even harder
Published August 11th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Freeing Asia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freeing Asia

Christy
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 photo 6c940cd2-0419-4108-96e9-f651b169e376_zpsa4fa80e2.jpg

Freeing Asia isn’t just a story. It’s a journey. Asia's journey. All Asia wants is to be free. Free to be herself, accept herself, and have others accept her for who she is. I love self discovery books, and I’m a sucker for a second chance at a first love story line, so this was right up my alley!

I was the tomboy with no clue how to be the confident.

Asia grew up as a tomboy. Her mother died when she was a child, and she grew up surrounded by men. Her father who is a military man, and her brot
Mistress
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Let me start off by saying this book was amazing! It had everything I love in it. There are two hot, bossy, tattooed, bad boys...

Marcus, who is all bad boy...

Jay who is trying to be a reformed bad boy...

And Asia, a strong, smart heroine.

This book has humor, great banter and awesome side characters. I love Shaun! I can't wait to read his book!

The sex is incredibly HOT!

I love the biting

the nail digging

and HAWT hair pulling.

Freeing Asia is full of drama, heartbreak, and love. This book has a
• Lisa •
3 ASIA STARS.

description

'Freeing Asia' is a two-for-one deal book, you've got your second chance at love story and a classic will she, Wont she love triangle plot. Low on the angst, and high on the 'man candy' this story is as easy as turning the pages and here are my thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Asia fuller is a self-titled tom boy, she has grown up surrounded by men and as a consequence is seen as one of the boys. Asia is plagued with a history of heartache, a less than satisfactory career, low self w
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 Stars! Awesome Debut Novel!

So growing up I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVED Skater guys! I wore baggy clothes, had a skateboard, and busted my ass on a few half pipes. So then I hear there is a book with a hot, tatted up skateboarder and I am THERE!

The book starts with Asia who is growing up in a house full of guys and she is a major tomboy. She is very athletic and runs ( Yes, I said she runs!), surfs, and skateboards.
 photo levy_tran_7_zps0c196a6a.jpg

As a teenager she is in love with her brother
Mo
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK some books come on my feed – friends recommending them, posting links to them, author's links, FB pages, etc. I had seen the blurb about this book a while back and I totally loved the premise for the book. I marked it down as one I wanted to read straight away. I have been updating a bit while reading it and have mentioned that I just could not get how it was getting so many FIVE star, rave reviews. Somebody mentioned that most of the FIVE stars were coming from folks who received an ….

of the
E.M. Abel
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

photo cutchainspic_zps4m6hckti.jpg

Freeing Asia is NOW LIVE on AMAZON and Barnes and Noble!!!

Duchess Nicole
ON SALE FOR 99 cents!!!!!!!!!!!

"I was tired of hurting, I was tired of being scared, and I was tired of doubting myself. I had to stop looking for love. I had to stop looking to other people to fill the void I carried in my heart. If I wanted to be whole, if I wanted to be free, I had to be the one to cut the chains."

FINDING ASIA,

FREEING ASIA

Just the title is catchy, I think. Add in a half Japanese heroine and a love triangle, and I was SOLD!

I'm going to do a rundown of the things that lead m
Jamie
2/13/16 Doing a re-read if one of my favorites this weekend!!!!

An Absolutely Beautiful Story of A First Love, Heartbreak, New Beginnings, And A Young Woman's Journey On Being Free To Be Herself...

I truly loved this story... Asia is a sweet and beautiful girl that tries to stay out of the spotlight..She dresses NOT to impress and she doesn't see how beautiful she is. She looks in the mirror and see's a tomboy that grew up around the guys and fit in perfectly with them. She can surf, smoke, curs
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

FULL, SPOILER FREE REVIEW........

photo image_zps5581df19.jpg

This is the story of a girl who puts her heart on the line for the love of her life, only for him to walk away without even a second glance.......and for her to lose herself in the process.......

It's the story of a girl who has wrapped her heart up so tight that no ones getting in there....

It's the story of a girl who decides to try again, only this time she's going to be a different girl, a confident girl, a girl a guy wouldn't walk away from.....

Problem is,
.Lili.
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freeing Asia
 photo image_zpsb26a0eeb.jpg

Freeing Asia is the story of a young woman on the road to self discovery.

photo image_zps421000bd.jpg

Asia grew up in a household of men, having lost her mother at a young age. She's always been the tomboy- one of the guys. Now she is ready for change and see herself in a different way. While on her journey she must choose between two men.

Jay, the wealthy son of a CEO.
 photo image_zps46a62b7a.jpg
He is everything that Asia is not. Although she is very attracted to him she wonders at what price to herself a relationship with him will cost
Vishous
DNF AT 15%

WARNING: IF YOU WANT TO READ THIS BOOK, DO NOT READ MY REVIEW! MAYBE I WILL BE TOO HARSH BUT I DID WARN YOU.

We can't all love the same books. I am 100% sure millions of people hated or dnf-ed books I find amazing. So in this case I am apparently the one that hates the book that everyone else seems to love.

I wanted to read this book since I saw the blurb and arc-review. It sounded perfect, just how I love them. Full of angst, drama, triangle, heartache, etc.

Does it have it? I honestly h
* Meli Mel *
~Arc provided by Author in exchange for and honest review~

♥♥♥ 5 SMOKIN' HOT STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"In order to know true love, you must know deep pain"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Asia Fuller has grown up surrounded by men since her mother passed away. She has always felt like one of the boys. She doesn't know how to be a sexy woman to attract a man. She's tired of being a tomboy and wants her inner woman to shine through. She wa
Didi
Sometimes I doubt my instincts. And I really shouldn't. This would be the perfect example of why that is.

Freeing Asia was all.Over.The.Place. I literally couldn't tune into GR's without seeing this book floating around. I put it off several times. I HATE love triangles so going into this was pure hesitancy.
But now that I've read it, I can safely say that it wasn't a traditional love triangle per se, more of a trying-to-move-on-but-not-quite-being-able-to-because-my-first-love-has-re-entered-the
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Freeing Asia is a lovely book. A story about Asia Fuller and two delicious tattooed boys, Jay Clark and Marcus Avery. Not to forget her awesome brother, Shaun! I still want for more for them! Can't wait to see you catches Shaun and Jay :)

photo tumblr_inline_mfr05cAWW91r50rd3.gif

There were plenty of sweet, hot intense and funny moments in this book.

Asia is a surfer, skater and bad ass, just as much as her brother is. Growing up with boys does that! She is such a loving character. My Asia:

photo article-2225840-15C6CA07000005DC-125_634x543.jpg

Jay is super sweet and ohhh so "talented". You
Patrycja
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s, 2013, reviewed

** ARC provided by an author in exchange for honest review **

"I’m sorry babe. I’m sorry I hurt you. I was stupid. I fucked up. I thought I was doing you a favor by keeping things light. I was helping you when I left. But now, I see it was the biggest mistake of my life. You gave me something precious, you gave yourslef to me and I threw it away. I’m not makin’ that mistake again, babe. Never again."

Freeing Asia is deep, emotional journey that will leave you breathless. Enchanting, captivati
Jen
First of all, I would like to start by saying a huge thank you to E.M. Abel for the contest that she ran on Facebook! I was lucky enough to win a copy of "Freeing Asia," and I am so glad that I did! This was a book that I shied away from, as I had heard there was a love triangle in it. I am not a huge fan of love triangles as I don't like to see the odd man out get hurt and left behind. This story though, dealt with everyone involved in a tasteful way, and it didn't leave me feeling super sad fo ...more
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
OK... This is officially my return from the HIATUS on book reviews and what a perfect story to come back with.

Let's start with the good stuff... casting

"In order to know true love, you must know deep pain"

So let's get to the dissecting that I promised to the author... but SPOILER... with my 5 star rating there is not much... at least not anything that can take away from the story.

Its got everything: angst, tight family, snarky & really opinionated friends... and brace yourself a LOVE TR
M. ~ B&B
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was one thing to have someone insult you or have someone hurt you but it was an entirely different thing when the person who didn't believe in you and didn't think you were anything special was you.

This was a beautiful, hot, sweet and sexy story full of love, heartbreak and healing. It was a story about Asia trying to find herself, open herself up and quit hiding. In life many things happen that twist and turn our emotions and feelings, leaving us all messed up. This is what happened to A
Alyssa
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freeing Asia was one of those books where I had to sit back and smile after I finished. Remember that feeling of "true elation"? Where you have to stop—take a deep breath and really take in the feeling. That's how I felt after being in Asia's world.

This book was story of finding your true self, making your dreams a reality and recognizing who you should share your life with.

Asia was an artistic, young woman who didn't keep up with appearances, didn't seem to care what others thought but knew som
Pam Godwin
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-romance
The slow burn begins with Jay, a bad-boy club owner turned do-gooder heir to his father's company. It's not Asia who changes him--she prefers the rebelliousness he refuses to unleash. This fresh angle adds an intriguing complication to the sweet romantic plot.

The burn ignites when Marcus appears in scene. Asia shares a history with this impenetrable professional skater, and it's difficult to figure out where their relationship will go now that he's back in town.

Both Jay and Marcus have charmed t
Serena
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author provided arc copy for honest review.

This has been one of the best books I have read in awhile.

This book is told from the POV of Asia.
surfer girl photo: surfer girl surfer.jpg

I connected with the book soo much. It is about a girl trying to find herself and love. She is a tomboy and thinks she is just one of the guys. She is beautiful and talented. Asia is also strong and caring and funny. She has the best, best friends a girl could ask for! Hayley a girlie girl that is the yin to Asia's yang. Nike the gay best friend who helps
♥Trish♥
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-battle
*ARC Provided by author for honest review*

Really enjoyed Asia's story. Loved how this book was about finding herself and getting the guy she loves.
Great quirky cast of characters. Decent angst, good love story and how important it is to be yourself & be true to it no matter what.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5-4.75 Stars

No more tears.

Thank you Ms. Abel for bringing an end to my book funk. I fucking loved this book; I consumed it in one day. I saw this book around GR and was awaiting its release, so as soon as it came out, I was all over it like white on rice. Once I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down. I can totally relate to the heroine and her insecurities, I guess dressing like a tomboy and having two older brothers can do that to a girl. To me, this story is about figuring out how to accept
Splage
5+ Wonderful Stars
Heat Level - 5 flames

Crista and Splage's Joint Review posted at Swept Away By Romance

What worked
Crista says:
I loved this book so much that it’s hard for me to describe any one single thing that made this book special. I think one of the best parts of this book is that “Freeing Asia” is exactly what this book is all about. Asia starts this book as an insecure and self-conscious girl and ends this book as a confident and “free” woman. Her evolution is gradual and she does it usi
Heather

I had two recommendations from my reading friends for this book. So naturally, I had to check it out. This is a really well written book about a tough girl who sees herself as "one of the guys". She has spent her young adult life regretting the one who got away, the one who broker her heart and took her innocence. Now, she's all grown up and she is ready to move on.

Asia grew up in the shadow of her brothers who protected her from everything and everyone. But Asia is no delicate flower. Living wi

DKristin
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have a sinus infection so I'm just going to put that out there off the tops, hopefully I make sense...

What I loved about this book...

~I loved Asia and her badass ways.
~I loved that she could see when she wasn't thinking clearly or being rational and yet she still struggled just like any woman would.
~I loved Jay at the beginning and the end, in the middle I wanted to cut him and he was hitting a little too close to home for me and a previous relationship!!!
~I loved that Marcus wasn't perfe
Rach
Aug 12, 2013 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rach by: Vishous * suit me up & tie me down *
Not rating

DNF'd at 35%

Hmmmm.....what to say???

I kept trying to give this story a chance! I really did, just to prove V wrong bwhahaha!

But sadly :( I couldn't finish it! *whispers* so I confess V you are right!! Hahahaha never again will I say you are right :)

The heroine got on my nerves with her immature ways and childish ideas. The so called 'bad boy' Jay was far from badass!

I didn't feel connected to the characters enough to care what happened and the sex was just meh for me :(

Her brothe
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

Freeing Asia was a wonderful story about finding yourself, loving who you are, shedding that self doubt, believing in yourself and in the process opening up your heart love. It’s about seeing yourself as others see you, about growing and realising that change can only come if you want it, that only you can bring about the happiness you crave.

“I had to stop looking to other people to fill the void I carried in my heart.”

Asia has grown up in a houseful of men after losing her mother at only 10.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
5 Tomboy stars!!

Asia:
girl surfing photo: girl surfing DSC_0324a.jpg

This is the story of a 23 year old girl named Asia who is the main character in this novel who gave everything to her first love only for him to rip her heart to shreds and walk away without a second glance, which results in her losing herself in the process.. A unique heart felt story of first love, heartbreak, new beginnings, and Asia's journey of setting her inhibitions free and finding herself!!

Asia is drop dead gorgeous, vivacious, and will bitch slap you if the occasi
Goodreads Librari...: New cover as default ?? 4 21 Apr 15, 2015 04:38AM
Free Books, .99, ...: $25 Amazon Gift Card and 8 ebooks (New Adult - New Releases) 1 21 Sep 03, 2013 08:42PM
Goodreads Librari...: Change book cover before I publish 9 63 Aug 19, 2013 09:51AM
Freeing Asia ARC Buddy Read 183 104 Aug 03, 2013 07:17PM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Adversary (Alfonzo, #11)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • The Boots My Mother Gave Me
  • The Devil's Pawn
  • Shadows of Deceit (Sin City Heat, #5)
  • Rewired (Progress, #3)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Conflict (Control, #2)
  • Agent of Desire (Jessica Booker, #1)
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
E.M. Abel was born and raised a Marine Corps brat. She spent a large portion of her life moving and living in her mother’s home country, Japan. As a result, she gained independence and a unique perspective on the world. The youngest of three girls, E.M. Abel spent a lot of time alone in her room writing or sketching in her journals and dreaming up stories. Growing up, she wrote poems, short storie ...more

Breaking Free (3 books)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
  • Saving Jay (Breaking Free, #3)
“Tears started to cloud my vision, and a single stream fell down my face. Wiping my cheek, I straightened my back and looked into my eyes. I wanted to make my mom proud. I wanted to show her I could be strong. Marcus had been wrong. I wasn’t free, but I wanted to be. I was tired of hurting, I was tired of being scared, and I was tired of doubting myself. I had to stop looking for love. I had to stop looking to other people to fill the void I carried in my heart.

If I wanted to be whole, if I wanted to be free, I had to be the one to cut the chains.”
13 likes
“But I was also angry. I was angry with myself for giving my heart to someone who didn’t even know me, let alone love me back. I was ashamed that I’d tried to be someone I wasn’t just so I could feel wanted.” 12 likes