Start by marking “Another Little Piece of My Heart” as Want to Read:
Another Little Piece of My Heart

Another Little Piece of My Heart

What if your devastating break-up became this summer’s hit single? In this rock-and-roll retelling of Jane Austen’s Persuasion, music can either bring you together or tear you apart.

At her dying mother’s request, Claire dumps Jared, the only boy she’s ever loved. Left with a broken family and a broken heart, Claire is furious when she discovers that her biggest regret beca
Published December 1st 2013 by Harlequin Teen (first published January 1st 2013)

Rashika (is tired)
Another Little Piece of My Heart was a hard book to rate. Quite simply put, I did not like it at all when I started but as I progressed, something happened. I stopped getting annoyed. I started smiling like a creeper. I was cheering the main character on and when I closed the book, my heart felt fluffy. I don’t even know what that means. I just felt so nice and comfy and it was a really good mood to be in. I also went to sleep right away.

I picked this book as a means to celebrate. I had just tur
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Mostly YA Lit

I was totally pulled in by the idea that this was a rock retelling of Persuasion. And in retellings, especially ones where I actually know the original story quite well, I spend a lot of time comparing to the original. I'm really happy to say that it delivers on the retelling without feeling like it needed to rely on the original - you can totally read this as a Persuasion novice, but if you've read Austen's story, you'll definitely notice and love the si
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Edit: Después de pensarlo le subo a la nota a un 2.5 porque (aunque fueron menos) el libro tuvo cosas muy positivas:
*Me encantó una parte en la Claire estaba llorando y Jared le decía (con los ojos llorosos si mal no recuerdo) que dejara de llorar porque sino el también lo iba a hacer. ¡Que hermoso es ver que un personaje masculino se permita ser vulnerable y que admita que quiera llorar sin remordimientos!
* Cuando Claire estaba mal porque (quizá) Hannah y Jared se acostaban y me encantó que s
~Tina~

Most guys who get dumped by their girlfriends usually retaliate by drinking, spreading rumors or hooking up with other girls. But Claire couldn't be so lucky. No, instead of the usual, I've-been-dumped behavior, her ex-boyfriend, Jared, decides to write a hit song (or three) about the girl who broke his heart, landing him Grammy’s and superstar status. But when your mother who is dying of cancer and request you to break-up with the only guy you've ever loved, you do it to make her happy
Hallie
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Now this, which doesn't have such high ratings, and probably any friends who try will hate, this was pretty much That Book for me when I was ill. (Explanation here.) It's a YA Persuasion retelling, which got my interest right there. But Persuasion is one of my absolute, lifelong, superlatives-abounding favourites, and I'm not an automatic fan of modern retellings of Austen anyway, so the potential for great crankiness was also high.

Part of the fun came from the experience of being hap
Jesselle
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I learned about Another Little Piece of My Heart, I knew at the moment that it’s a story I wouldn’t want to miss. A book that revolves around music always gets my 100% attention and this book totally deserved it. Reading the book made me realize that my love for music is endless. Ever since I was a kid, music is the heartbeat of my life. A day wouldn’t pass by without me listening to music or singing a song out of the blue. I suppose all music lovers can relate when I say that I bob my head ...more
Christine Alibutud
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
"But that’s okay because some nights are like a perfect song. The energy in the air lifts your spirits, and the chill drives you forward...

description
...The sound of a thousand buzzing insects fills in the gaps, and the touch of a hand makes you dance with joy."

description

I am an absolute sucker for stories that involve reunion of ex-lovers, that is why it is no surprise why I enjoyed Another Little Piece of My Heart!
"Jared had his arms wrapped around me, and I leaned into him, feeling so comfortable. His
Stacee
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was perfection. Love love loved the take on Persuasion and it's easily now one of my favorite retellings.

Being inside Claire's head was awesome. She struggles with the turn of her life, but doesn't become a mopey teenager. The conversations with her best friend, Kristen were hilarious. I found myself rereading their exchanges before I could continue.

Jared...I don't have the words for him. He's a perfect modern day Wentworth. The musical aspect really works for the story, especially when w
♥ Sarah
Feb 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction

Need I say more?
Kell Andrews
As an underestimated middle sister, I've always had an affinity for Anne Elliott out of all Jane Austen heroines. But what if Anne didn't fade away after disappointed love, but dyed her hair bright orange, moved to a beach town, and joined a band? That's Claire. She's funny, outspoken, and smart.

And so is Jared -- her one-time musical match, but now an international rockstar, out of her league -- and her life, unless they can stop being outspoken and just say what they really want.

Martin is a g
Louisa
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was really sweet, and I loved how things changed, or things were learned, and people grew up, and I wish we got to see more of the after, the happiness! Really great book!
BookHookup
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
The original, full review can be found HERE on The Book Hookup.

Ana, Celeste, and Christina's Review:

**SPECIAL NOTE:** An eARC of this title was provided by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review during this blog tour. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Initial Thoughts and Rating

Patricia
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was really enjoyable would love to reread this in Jared's POV
Rachmi Febrianty
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
I haven't read Persuasion but I've seen the BBC miniseries adaptation (which I enjoyed and really liked, by the way). So I pretty much know what this retelling will be about. Unfortunately, Jared and Claire story here didn't work for me.

It was mainly because I couldn't feel and connected to the characters. Claire, who told the story from her POV, couldn't make me believe of anything she felt, did and thought. Instead, she was annoying me most of the time. I understand she was angry with Jared an
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)
To check out my book review blog, please go to: reviewsfromabookworm.blogspot.co.uk

It's probably become quite clear through some of my other reviews, if you have seen them, that I am not the biggest fan of romance books. I don't hate them all, but it takes something special for me to really enjoy one. But I requested this through Netgalley (thank you Harlequin Teen and Tracey Martin!) because of the music themed cover and that the summary actually sounded interesting and I am so glad I did!

I did
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
I loved this book SO much!

Look for my review on the official blog tour on December 6 at Such a Novel Idea!

-----

4.5/5

Good lord I loved this book! I still can't really explain it. Logically, the book followed an outline I could have easily predicted by reading the synopsis. It wasn't anything particularly different or unique in that respect. So, why did I just want to hug my Kindle when it ended?

1. The Music

2. The Characters

3. The EMOTION

This was an emotional read for me. I connected on an emotion
Alexa
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
What I enjoyed most about Another Little Piece of My Heart is that it reminded me, in a lot of ways, of the type of fan fiction I used to write when I was in high school. I was am obsessed with boy bands and musicians, so it's not particularly surprising I was eager to read this. Even though I felt like everything was only touched upon lightly (if that makes sense), it was still a pretty fun read.

I adored the fact that this book was set in the summertime! Not just any summer either, mind you, bu
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
The blurb totally got my attention for reviewing this book. I'm a sucker for modern re-tellings of my favorite old books- especially Jane Austen. The other thing that really got me was the music aspect of this book. I love books that involve music.

The music was definitely my favorite thing about this book. I love how feelings, memories and situations all revolved around music. I'm sure we all have songs that when we hear them take us right back to a certain moment. There are songs that remind me
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I first heard about this book, I wasn't sure I would suggest the ARC. As a big fan of Robin Benway's "Audrey, Wait!," I thought this book was too similar to be worth a read.

I was wrong.

The only problem with this book is my problem - there are some books that I love, but I can't really adequately express my feels. This is one of those books, so you'll just have to read my ramblings and try it yourself.

I really loved this book, and not just because it takes place near the fabulousness that i
Farrah
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
A wonderful retelling of a classic, Another Little Piece of My Heart was a lovely read. I really enjoyed this YA romance.

Claire was a great heroine. She didn't have the best starts. At first, I thought she was somewhat petulant, bitter, and inclined to blame others for her own problems. But, as the story went on, she great up, realizing that she was responsible for her decisions and her happiness. By the end of the book, I really liked her.

Jared was really sweet. Even though we saw him through
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for anything Austen related, books, movies, retellings, you name it, I will read or watch it. I never worry about it ruining the classic or any other such nonsense because simply put, I just have fun with it.

But with all my Austen love, I have never read a retelling of Persuasion, at least, I don't think I have. I don't remember reading one although I have read many others that she has written so I jumped at the chance to. Why not? I loved the first, maybe I would even love this mo
Mar 15, 2014 added it
This was really uneven for me. I enjoyed some elements (the music/songwriting stuff and the sibling dynamics), but I had a lot of frustrations with everything being nearly resolved and in particular the unforgivable parental behavior that was forgiven (this is a huge issue for me with YA on a regular basis--when parents don't earn their child's forgiveness and yet they get it anyway). This is supposed to be a Persuasion retelling and while I can see the connection, it's a very loose retelling.

I
L DelaRG
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a loose adaptation of Persuasion and definitely on of the better ones. Both the Wentworth and Anne equivalents are likeable (to a degree!) and this was an enjoyable read. I also quite liked the songs featured in this book - shame they're not actual releases.
Tash
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was really promising. It's has more angry tone and fucktheworld tone than how I would've liked it. But the lyrics and wit of the characters kept me.

Rating: 3.5 stars
Micaja Jean
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yay I love books with happy endings, and may I say I greatly enjoyed this one. Thanks Tracey Martin for writing an awesome book.
Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley
Loved it!! There is no other words i can express how much i love this book. The writing is beautiful. I just can't get enough of it. Totally worth 5 stars. Well done!!
Genissa
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review on http://www.papercharade.com/2013/12/r...

I can't say that I've had the pleasure of reading good ole Jane Austen's Persuasion to follow along this story with, but it was still an enjoyable read for me. From what I hear, readers said Tracey Martin did a swell job at it. Though I am jealous of readers who have read Persuasion, because I get off (not in a dirty way, guys) on retelling of classics myself, I still appreciated Another Little Piece of My Heart nonetheless.

Claire, o
Celeste
sweet, full review to follow

This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

♦ Initial Thoughts and Rating ♦

Ana: Good, quick read! I enjoyed this story and it’s characters and I thought it was well written.

Celeste:
Georgiana 1792
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Un New Adult scritto in collaborazione con Jane Austen

Questo romanzo unisce talmente tante delle mie cose preferite che non potevo non leggerlo. Innanzitutto il mio romanzo del cuore, Persuasione, di cui è un retelling in chiave moderna e New Adult. Poi il titolo, che mi richiama alla mente una delle mie canzoni preferite in assoluto, Let Me Live dei Queen, mai menzionata nel libro, ma che mi ha accompagnata nella lettura come un continuo refrain nella mente (in realtà la Martin pensava alla can
  • Third Charm (Run to You, #3)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Stir Me Up
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Blue Sky Days
  • Where You'll Find Me
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • The Art of Falling (Oceanside High, #1)
  • Covert Assignment (Covert #1)
  • Encore (Amplified #2)
  • Ink Is Thicker Than Water
  • Azar o seu!
  • While You're Away (While You're Away, #1)
  • Witchfall (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Best Kiss
  • The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal, #0.5)
  • Relax, I'm a Ninja (Relax, I'm a Ninja, #1)
“Claire’s Summer Survival Playlist Janis Joplin—“Piece of My Heart” We Are The Fallen—“Bury Me Alive” Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers—“Runnin’ Down a Dream” Indigo Girls—“Least Complicated” The Doors—“Light My Fire” Mumford & Sons—“Little Lion Man” Girlyman—“Joyful Sign” Matt Nathanson—“Love Comes Tumbling Down” Natasha’s Ghost—“Falling Up” The Beatles—“While My Guitar Gently Weeps” Nemesea—“Afterlife” Dar Williams—“The Ocean” 3 likes
“I'm not sure why people go to the beach in groups only to ignore each other, but it works for me.” 2 likes