Start by marking “The Long Way Home” as Want to Read:
The Long Way Home

The Long Way Home

Twilah Dunn has it all—an exciting life in Los Angeles and a thriving ad agency she owns with her fiancé. Then she learns that her estranged father has died and her business partner is sleeping with her best friend. In one day, her perfect life unravels, and the city she calls home is now anything but.

She returns to her hometown in North Carolina determined to sell her fat
Published July 31st 2014 by Pandamoon Publishing (first published January 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Long Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Long Way Home

Gareth Young
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Long Way Home is a brilliant debut novel by romance author Regina West. Filled with a wonderful cast of characters and rich, multi-layered story, TLWH is an astonishing, polished start for a new author. Ms. West’s personal connection, and love, of the South shines through often, both in the vivid portrayal of an eclectic cast of characters and the vibrant description of the world they live in.

The themes of love, loss and belonging are evident throughout; the conflicts real and nuanced, bring
Steph Post
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To be perfectly honest, a Romance novel is not my first choice for a good read, but Gina West's The Long Way home has proven to be the exception. West's book rises above any preconceived notions of what a Romance can be. Twilah's story is captivating and page-turning. West has created characters who are so real, I thought about their stories when I wasn't reading, wondering what was going to happen to happen to the next. If you're looking for a satisfying romance (complete with sweaty cowboys an ...more
S. Usher Evans
Full disclosure: Gina is my line-editor for the sequel to Double Life, Alliances, but I don't think that swayed my opinion either way. Mostly because I'm paying her. Hah.

I bet when you all found out I was reading a romance this week, you collectively rolled your eyes and said, "Oh boy, she's going to hate this." And I, myself, was actually really worried that I wasn't going to get into the romance - too many Harlequin stereotypes filled my mind. And being as Gina's got my precious book in her ha
Glenda Findley
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a supporter of independent authors, I was blown away with this debut novel by Regina West. The story grabbed my interest from the beginning and kept me reading until the ending. Excellent character building, this is a romance, yet packed full of love of family and friends, along with disappointments and grief that complex relationships bring.

I won't bore you with a synopsis or any hint of an ending. This emotional rollercoaster ride is a must read. It had just the right amount of hot, steamy
Jason Beem
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story of a woman who leaves behind her burgeoning life out west for her home back in North Carolina. The Long Way Home for me was about Twyla trying to figure out what she wanted from life, for a career, for a mate and much more. I found myself liking her right from the opening pages, as she's strong and knows what she wants. All in all it's a good story that will keep you entertained. It's very fast moving and I read it in just a couple of days.
Genny
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Fantastic debut novel from Regina West! The characters are real, and the pace is good. Twilah Dunn's journey from California to North Carolina - and to finding happiness, is wonderfully told. A very enjoyable read. I look forward to reading more from this author!
Shatire
Maybe 3.5...

I know I'm in the minority but the plot just dragged for me. Things seemed repetitive at times...Aiden's secret and Twila's indecisiveness. I loved the characters and their struggles. The Long Way Home is a believable story that I did enjoy but imo would've been better if it were a tad bit shorter.
Elgon Williams
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My advice: put a hold on the beach trip until your copy of Regina West’s new novel arrives. The Long Way Home is this summer's must read. But you don't have long to wait. It’s due out at the end of the July in eBook and paperback.

Twilah Dunn is a partner in a successful, LA-based, advertising firm. In fact, her ideas and skill with the clients has made the firm what it is. But one day her comfortable life is turned upside-down. She receives a phone call from back home. Her father with whom she d
Julia
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rockmytbr
I really appreciated that this book had a full cast of characters, and did not solely tell the story of Twilah and Aidan.

The setting felt like coming home. I grew up in a town where everyone was cousins and everyone knew everything about you.

The book felt like a long read (as in I had to read it over multiple days) but there were only a couple of places where I started to think it felt slow, and then it picked up immediately, so pacing wasn’t really an issue.

I enjoyed the little details about th
Reader's Paradise
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
Headline: Is home where the heart is?
What is that saying that some call Murphy Law, when all things can go wrong blah blah blah. Some know this better than others, and Twilah I believe definitely knows. All at once she finds out that her soon to be husband is cheating on her with none other than her best friend and then, she finds out her dad is dead.
Leaving Los Angeles, to return to her hometown of North Carolina only to take care of her father’s affairs she meet a sexy cowboy who complicates h
Amy
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
For me, The Long Way Home was real, relatable, familiar and comfortable. The characters all felt genuine as if they were people that everyone can say they have met or known in their lives, dealing with real issues in very realistic ways. The setting was familiar and though it was set in NC, could have probably been any small town, U.S.A. For this North Carolina girl, I had very vivid pictures in my head of the landscape, the roads travelled, even the convenience store while reading this book. Th ...more
Eric Nagler
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my first foray into reading a romance novel, and I have to say that I am quite pleased. Regina West has made a spectacular debut and is an astounding storyteller. I was hooked from the beginning and found myself unable to put it down - and I usually have at least two I read simultaneously, and most are thrillers and non-fiction. If you're looking to take a detour and try something new like I was, this book is worth the time.
Kathy
Mar 16, 2015
Tanya
Apr 07, 2016
Melissa
rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2015
Christine Meunier
Jun 21, 2015
Luv
May 08, 2016
Regina West comes from a long line of romance readers. Anytime her mother and grandmother had a moment of quiet, they immersed themselves in whatever paperback romance they’d picked up that week. So it is fitting that Gina has chosen romance as her favorite genre for both reading and writing.

She grew up in North Carolina, spent a few years moving around the U.S., but has settled in beautiful Color