Start by marking “Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)” as Want to Read:
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  271,772 Ratings  ·  24,947 Reviews
Danger and betrayal, love and loss, secrets and enchantment are woven together in the breathtaking finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling Infernal Devices Trilogy, prequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING

A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain
Published September 5th 2013 by Walker Books Ltd (first published March 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Clockwork Princess, please sign up.
Rita Margarita You should read The Bane Chronicles [http://www.cassandraclare.com/my-writ...], a series of 10 short stories centering around Magnus's adventures!
…more
Meanwhile, check out Cassie's official site--> http://www.cassandraclare.com/my-writ... and click on "The Shadowhunter Chronicles" for more books! (less)
Jace D Omg!! I know! In the mortal instruments the inquisitor recognizes jace, as a herondale, i guess because he has a star shaped birthmark( cuz Tessas…moreOmg!! I know! In the mortal instruments the inquisitor recognizes jace, as a herondale, i guess because he has a star shaped birthmark( cuz Tessas necklace burned will herondale) on him as did jace father and the herondales before him, that's why it was mentioned!
The feels...(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,578 books — 11,054 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books Ever
52,191 books — 183,477 voters

More lists with this book...

Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
Cassandra Clare's extra Jem & Tessa story!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the Bridge: The Full Story (Jem/Tessa)

Okay so I'm pretty sure anything I say will be a spoiler since everyone knows how hardcore I ship Jem & Tessa so my reading thoughts will be in the spoiler tag.

DO NOT READ IT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also warning that the comments of this post now have spoilers.
I'm also going to start posting spoiler fan art there
ReesesPieces
Team Will? Team Jem? Who cares.

EVERYBODY WINS!

This book was undeniably flawed, but you will definitely get what you came for:

Love.

There's so much love that sometimes you're like:

or

What I liked:
- circular ending. It ends the same way it began.
- the description of Tessa and (view spoiler) life together, and his eventual death.
-"Those of you who are mortal, you burn so fiercely."
-“Well, then, since you say there will be another life for me, let us both pray I do not make as
Wendy Darling
My poor heart has never felt this way after finishing a series; I had no idea it was possible to feel such tempered happiness as well as such overwhelming grief for everyone involved. Many of the things I thought might happen, did--and yet it doesn't change my fierce love and admiration for the way everything unfolded.

THIS is how a love triangle should be written, in a way that preserves the honor of everyone involved. There isn't another series out there that has ever managed to handle one wit
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MY MIND IS BLOWN. I could've never possibly predicted that ending. Even when I thought I knew what might happen, I had no idea. I'm so overly impressed by this trilogy. Full review/discussion video to come soon! AHH. SO MANY THINGS TO TALK ABOUT.

UPDATE

video review/discussion here:
Dija
Dec 26, 2011 marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mar-2013
...To be continued when I can read in one sitting.
____________________________________

From the synopsis:
...can Tessa choose between the two boys she loves — even if it means never seeing the other one again?

Beth
"Most people never find one great love in their life. You are lucky enough to have found two."

Oh. My. I remember this book being good. BUT the second time it was just wonderful. I can honestly say a book has never ever made me feel like this has. Another 5 Stars!

Completely spoiler free!

For the final book in The Infernal Devices series, I have never been so happy. Everything about this was perfect. I laughed, I cried, I cried some more, I had goosebumps, it just overall made me feel something!

Wil
Erika
This review is also on Living for the Books

I can't believe it's over. This series has been one of my favorites for the past couple years and it's always been in the back of my mind. So now that it's over I'm not sure what to do with myself. Guess I'll just have to read some more books.

I'm going to try to make this as spoiler free as possible.

"You know that feeling," she said, "when you are reading a book, and you know that it is going to be a tragedy; you can feel the cold and darkness coming, s
Etnik
description

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

____________________________________________
“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.”

____________________________________________

☆☆☆☆☆5 BEST I HAVE EVEN GIVEN STARS!☆☆☆☆☆

Clockwork Angel Review!
Clockwork Prince Review!

I have finished this book for about 3 hours ago and I still can't believe the series is over.This pure perfection,this amazing thrilling story,this everything.I have been so caught up

Hannah-Linn
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels
I officially died and went to heaven when I finally got this book in my hands.

And it was freaking amazing. Everything about this book was perfect, and it ended absolutely perfectly.

And it was SO. SAD.

OH DEAR JESUS. I couldn't handle the level of sadness.

Even so, still perfection.
Elena
So I have read the book.

Now, I'd feel really bad if I had to deleted the whole what-the-fuck-is-gonna-happen conjectures I'd written in this 'review' before reading it, so I'll just put everything into spoiler. (So if you haven't read the book yet, you can open the spoiler as it's not actually a spoiler but only a list of my thoughts BEFORE reading the book.)

Samantha
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

IT IS FINISHED

well that was a rollercoaster of emotions.

of course, a review and discussion will be on my channel :)
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
MY HEART HURTS. I'VE NEVER FELT THIS BROKEN OVER A BOOK BEFORE.

Words truly cannot express the greatness of this art and perfection. The Infernal Devices certainly became one of my favorite series of ALL TIME. I can't believe it's actually over. And that epilogue. Cassandra Clare can seriously write one heck of an epilogue no matter how painful they could be!

The Infernal Devices has been one wild ride right from the very first page of Clockwork Angel. I binge read all three books and I have
Dorreh
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sasha Alsberg
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
beautiful, stunning, heartbreaking and purely a life changing book. READ READ READ <3 ave atque vale The Infernal Devices. Will, Jem, and Tessa... it was an honor..:)
Soumi
I finished the book in one breathe and Jem Jem Jem..you are my greatest Sin..mhan you have no right to steal my heart like that. A review must come

description

Clockwork Princess Snippet: Jem and Tessa …

Jen
***UPDATE! 03/30/13***
Please scroll down to read my review! :D

OH MY FREAKIN GOD! It's released! AND I HAVE THE COPY! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read it!

[image error]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm tired of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so FREAKIN pissed!

HEY WAIT! *Scrolled down. Saw the other reviews. Read a few. Counted 1 to 10... Scrolled back up. Saw my review...*

WHOA! 102 LIKES!? Seriously!? That's SSSOOOOO cool! That's the most number of lik
Booknut
“For this I would be damned forever. For this I would have given up everything.”

“The world is a wheel...when we rise or fall, we do it together.”

"My heart is my own. It is beyond you to control it. It has been beyond me to control it."

"Faith has brought us this far; it will bring us a little farther. The Angel watches over us, and we shall win out."

THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT PITY.
THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT REGRET.
THE INFERNAL DEVICES ARE WITHOUT NUMBER.
THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEV
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Oh god. Oh god.

This was the most achingly beautiful and exquisitely painful thing I have ever read. But it had the perfect ending.

Review to come if I can figure out what is up with my heart.

Glitter Words

Oh how I love Jem… Tessa had better choose Jem!! Or I may not read another Cassandra Clare book again. (Okay, that is a lie. And I admit it. I will always read Ms. Clare's books, no matter what.) Has anyone noticed how Tessa and Will would be too similar to Clary and Jace? If Tessa's with Will, I might
Victoria ♡
BOOK REVIEW March 30 2013

Just give me a second to collect myself.

So I can't decide whether I'm happy with the way it ended (because I am) or sad (because I am that too)

THANKS FOR THE FEELINGS, CLARE.

SPOILERS INCLUDED (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).
Christine Riccio
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Spectacular end to a fantastic series! My full booktalk/discussion is up on youtube: http://youtu.be/p7oNhZX_7oo
xrysa
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“There are some things worst than death.
Not to be loved or not to be able to love.”

Tessa
True love cannot die.

Will
Is there a chance for him to be happy?

Jem
Every heart has its own melody.

description

In this book Tessa is about to get married with (view spoiler)
but she is kidnapped by Mortmain.
Jem is unable to go and find her due to the fact that he is out of yin fen (his drug so his is very ill) so Will searches for her.
Tessa as Mortmain's captor learns many things about her life and what
Bangadybangz
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fatimah
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A NOTE TO THE AUTHOR: PATIENT VERSION

(NOTE: read this letter in a dramatic British accent. It'll be more funnier than I intended it to be.)

Dear Cassandra Clare,

I am begging you to please release this earlier. If the world will end this year, then I will not have the chance to read this amazing book, and I will die very, very sad. Not only I will die this way, but also many other fans will die very, very sad. Now, you don't want your fans to be very, very sad, do you?

PERSON WHO WROTE THIS LETTER:
Cait • A Page with a View
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
The setting was easily my favorite part of this book! I just really like Wales… the whole time period, steampunk feel, and London & Wales setting of this book might be the cause of at least half of these stars. All of the Welsh legends and language were really fun to see.

I haven't been the biggest fan of Cassandra Clare’s other works (I mean, they’re fine... they're just not favorites), but this story was all sorts of emotional.

The love triangle worked so much better for me here. And I love
Raeleen Lemay
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, young-adult
AHHHHH. I FINISHED READING IT. FREAKING AMAZING GUYS. I also love the family tree on the inside of the dust jacket... So cool to see how the characters from the Mortal Instruments are literally direct descendants from the characters in this trilogy... LIKE WHOA.

TESSA'S ON THE COVEEEEEEEER! :D

Okay, so it's only July 11th, and here are my current emotions towards this book:

and the cover...

yeah, I went there... sexy Josh Hutcherson gifs were the only way to sum up my excitement.

Oh man, the release
C.G. Drews
So the first thing you need to know is I AM A GARGANTUANLY ENTHUSIASTIC CASSANDRA CLARE FAN. I am! I didn't love Clockwork Princess as much as I wanted to but, zomg, I still love the Shadowhunter world an astronomical amount. But all in all? The conclusion to this trilogy was a liiiiittle anti-climatic for me. BUT I HAVE BROKEN IT INTO LIST FORMAT FOR YOU. Because I'm kind like that.

STUFF I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH.

+ The love-triangle. I ain't convinced, folks. How can Tessa possibly love two guys equ
Joel (Throne of books)
*4.5 stars*
i am legit CRYING. While i was originally intending to give this 4 stars, the epilogue changed everything. oh my god i am a MESS right now. Literally no one touch my right now or I'll break apart. I swear i have no soul but as i was reading that epilogue the pages started to blur and i felt something moist rolling down my cheeks and i realized i'm capable of crying. I can actually produce tears. WHO KNEW.

Clockwork Princess was without a doubt, the best in the series. My emotions va
Ava Oceana
I can dislike Cassandra Clare, her MORTAL INSTRUMENTS series, and what she's done for however long I'd like, but that doesn't mean I don't absolutely adore this series. I won't feel ashamed for loving THE INFERNAL DEVICES. I refuse.

This is one of my favorite series, and nothing will change that.

I read CLOCKWORK PRINCESS very slowly. I don't know why; perhaps it was because I didn't want to finish it, maybe it was because I was in a reading slump, or more likely: I just wasn't interested.

It took
May
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
CASSANDRA ME HA ROTO EL CORAZÓN.

Princesa mecánica es una novela INCREÍBLE, atrapa MUCHÍSIMO y tiene unos giros que te dejan sin aliento.

SIN DUDA, EL MEJOR DE LA TRILOGÍA.

Y ahora voy a por el sexto de la saga principal AIDBRFBIRIFaliento
Elise (TheBookishActress)
me @ my current emotions:
description

review to come although honestly, isn't this image enough after the shit Ive been through
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • The Girl with the Iron Touch (Steampunk Chronicles, #3)
  • Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)
  • Eternally Yours (Immortal Beloved, #3)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices (3 books)
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
    $9.99 $2.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” 7456 likes