Start by marking “Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1)

Sweet Thing

(Sweet Thing #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  16,134 ratings  ·  2,156 reviews
"You have to teach your heart and mind how to sing together... then you'll hear the sound of your soul."

Mia Kelly thinks she has it all figured out. She's an Ivy League graduate, a classically trained pianist, and the beloved daughter of a sensible mother and offbeat father. Yet Mia has been stalling since graduation, torn between putting her business degree to use and exp
Published August 20th 2013 by Atria Books (first published March 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Thing, please sign up.
Ethel Beckett Hi Jyce, read bright side by Kim Holden it is very inspiring. The other one is Butterfly Weeds by Laura Miller it's about second chances.

·  16,134 ratings  ·  2,156 reviews

Start your review of Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1)
Mo
Lovable Dog - Check
New York City - Check
References to Music - Check
No Bondage - Check
No Millionaires/Billionaires/Trillionaires -CHECK, CHECK, TRIPLE CHECK!!

What a lovely find this was. Had been going through a bit of a slump in the book department there for a while and this one caught my eye on Goodreads. I must say we readers are very lucky with all the new talented authors emerging at the moment. This is a de
KAS
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I am six years late to this particular party, but my reading advisor, Robin Hill, recently supplied me with a fantastic list of books she loved and figured I would as well. This gem was on that list, and once again, her instincts were spot on.

With blinders fully in place, I opened to the prologue and it wasn’t long before I was in angst heaven!

I must forewarn you about the main characters, Will and Mia. Will oozes sex appeal and is adorable X 10. Mia ... well, she will most likely get on
Aestas Book Blog
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I have a new book boyfriend and his name is Will Ryan. I’m in love. Oh, and did I mention he was a bit of a rockstar?? ;)

Sweet Thing was a sweet, heartbreaking and romantic story that kept me up reading all night!
4.5 stars.

This was one of those books that shifted my entire TBR. I had other plans but suddenly I felt compelled to read it.

I’ll admit though I was hesitant to start it at first because I’d heard about some people being frustrated with the heroine, but then I realized that a lot of
Jamie
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jamie by: Amber Rose
LOVED THIS STORY!!!

WILL ♥♥♥♥♥...

I loved this book.. every single angsty heart clenching moment--and this book was full of them..!!

Mia has recently moved to New York City from her home in Michigan. Her dad recently died and she's come to take over his cafe and live in his apartment until she figures out what exactly she wants to do in her life. She's young and recently through with college. This story is told from her POV.

On the flight to NYC she meets Will.. he's seated next to her a
Christy
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

photo 10218599-0316-4a7e-beea-cec7e7dd3e24_zps2a3ed550.jpg

Sweet Thing was a really sweet read. It was a beautiful and touching story of two people, Mia and Will, who meet coincidentally and both of their lives change forever.

photo 1f328ae5-7750-45cd-9b0d-ff8f8ee4d435_zps2ae22d8b.jpg

Mia Kelly is moving from her home in Ann Arbor to NYC. Her father has recently passed away, and she is going to the city to take over his cafe. She is responsible, has a business degree, but her real passion is music. Not only is she grieving her father, but she is trying to figure out what she wants to do with he
• Lisa •
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 SWEET STARS.

description

Cutest, most endearing and frustrating book I've read this year. I'm pretty convinced that from the first page I knew I would fall a little in love with this book and here's the reason why ...

WILBUR RYAN.

Now for reviewing's sake heres some of my book thoughts ...

The characters ...
Well we have already established that I'm a firm fan of one of the leading characters, so I'll tell you a bit more about them. Mia is incredibly sweet, determined, talented and a whole lot of lost. Her c
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
DNF AT 70% I HATE MIA
Why????? This book was a 5 stars but ugh Mia ruined the whole book for me!!
The story begins with Mia who lost the only person who had the same interest for music with her.Her father.After that she went to take care his cafe business in New York and that's when she meet Will a musician who they eventually become roommates.I loved the beginning and how they developed an adorable and sweet friendship..But things getting more confused between them..because Will has feelings fo
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Sometimes it takes the love of others to show us who we really are...

Sweet Thing was a truly refreshing read! What I loved most about this book was its incredible depth. If you were to judge this story by its pretty cover and adorable title, you might expect a sweet and tender love story--but what you're given is substantially more.

This story provides such powerful wisdom—offered in bundles and in subtle whispers. It kicks off with one of the most intriguing and well thought out prologues I'
Debra
"You have to teach your heart and mind how to sing together...then you'll hear the sound of your soul."

4 STARS for this SWEET, HEARTWARMING, MEANINGFUL, TOUCHING STORY about love, loss, friendship, music and so much more. It's a story about two people trying to come to terms with their past and trying to find a way to realize their hopes and dreams together in the city of New York.

Mia --

Will --

After reading this story's thoughtful, original and intriguing prologue, I knew I was in f
Jasmine
4 STARS! ★★★★

“You have to teach your heart and mind how to sing together... then you'll hear the sound of your soul.”

Holy motha of emotions. I never thought I'd live to see a day where a book could have pushed all my buttons like Thoughtless did and to go through a heroine as frustrating as Kiera all over again (minus the cheating and love triangle, thankfully). All I wanted to do is set my Kindle on fire repeatedly or throw it against the wall in hopes that it'll somehow be enough to knock
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Awesome debut novel! Freaking loved it!

Applause gifs photo: applause applause.gif

This is the story of Mia and Will. Mia moves from Ann Arbor (shout out to my hometown) Michigan to NYC after her father passes away. On the flight to New York, she sits next to a very hot, very flying-freaked-out Will Ryan. He's got his guitar and a rosary....around his neck. Hmm. They hit it off, chatting comfortably the entire flight. Here is where I fell in love with that man. He was so irresistibly sweet and funny, I couldn't resist. The rosary arou
Smitten's Book Blog

Stunning!

Absolutely loved this. It really was gorgeous.

It's a story of friendship, fear, insecurity, loss, self discovery and faith.

I absolutely love those stories where two characters make that transition from friendship to something more. It creates such a warm, fuzzy feeling. And Sweet Thing was no exception.

"Whatever you need me to be, I'll be! Friends? Fine! Best friends? Great! I'll do it, because I want you in my life more than anything I have ever wanted."

Music plays a huge
Pearl Angeli
"You have to teach your heart and mind how to sing together... Then you'll hear the sound of your soul."

Sweet Thing is indeed a sweet thing. I love the musical theme. It kind of makes me feel comforted. Actually, the theme was particularly the main reason why I took this book in the first place. It holds such delightful promises.

The book opens when Mia Kelly's dad died and she had to move on by going to New York to settle and find herself-- discover her dreams and perhaps find her dream man
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
A Million Stars!!! This book was amazing!!! In the top 5 books I have read this year!!! Such a beautiful story. This book didn't appeal to me when it first came out for some reason. I only read it because my buddy reader wanted to read it and let me tell you I am so glad I did. I laughed, I cried and I just loved this book to pieces. I am normally one who has to have steam in her books. This book wasn't that steamy but that was okay. The story was so good that it truly didn't matter. When the co ...more
Renee
One of the BEST books I have read all year!!!!

SPOILER-FREE REVIEW!!!

******* 6 SWEET SEXY STARS ********

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I completely **loved**adored** this musical love story! This book was so beautifully written. The writing was raw, rhythmic, poetic and I found myself continuously moved by the inspirational dialogue. I felt like I wanted to recite the entire book in my status updates...

I think most us as woman whether single, a wife or a mother; at some point in our lives ask ourselves
Lucia
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
And the award for the most disappointing and bitchy character goes to…. Mia Kelly!

Mia; main character and narrator; is super judgmental, hypocritical, snob, dishonest, self-centered, self-pitying, rude and cruel when angry. She is the worst. I wonder how someone who prides herself in being sensible could make such stupid life decisions and behaved so terrible to loved ones. I truly could not stand her and there were plenty of moments when I considered simply DNFing this novel.

It is very likely t
Aj the Ravenous Reader

It was a quite a struggle to read a story in the POV of a character I strongly disliked at first. If it weren’t for Will, I wouldn’t have had the patience to read it through but he is such a great, sweet, talented and genuinely thoughtful guy that I needed to know more about him even if it had to be through Mia’s too self-absorbed, self-serving and arrogant mind. I couldn’t fully blame her though. It’s probably just the grief and uncertainty about herself.

I guess she needed more time and experi
Kelly
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God, I really loved this book!! It's everything a romance book should be and then some. It's hard to believe that this is a debut novel. Renee Carlino is one talented writer and her next book will be an auto-buy for me.

Read it for the romance, read it for the music (music plays a huge part in this story), or read it for the excellent writing. Just read it!!!
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
 photo 0384ffc7-522a-4554-8b89-a4a9e07950b1_zpsc8424765.jpg

**May contain small spoilers**

photo 4f93f8d8-e7a1-4ad8-a2e8-7732e6041cd3_zpscac0d0dc.jpg

After her beloved father's sudden death Mia finds herself on a plane to New York where she slips right into her Pops old life; she runs his cafe, loves his eclectic mix of friends and makes a special, new musician friend of her very own....Introducing the very charming, very lovely, nearly 30 years old, scared of flying, I can play any instrument, Will Ryan ♥

"....brown dishevelled hair and dark eyes, a chiselled jaw, high cheekbones, and great lips"
"
 ♥  Barb ♥
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
^^^3.5 SEXY WILBUR STARS^^^

He had a big, thick angel wing tattoo on his forearm....VERY SEXY

[image error] ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

*******************************************************
This book starts out with Mia and Will on the airplane headed to New York where both are making a fresh start in their lives. Mia's father passed away and she's taking over her father's business and apartment. Will, a hot musician has no where to go and becomes Mia's ROOMY.
Yes....exactly what you think is going to happen...only it took
Ninoska Goris
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
English - Español

Will is the almost perfect man that every romantic woman can desire. On the other hand, Mia is the annoyance, interested one. Think that the only way to be happy is to have economic stability. The whole book is spent worshiping Will, but doing all sorts of slights.

Mia must abandon her career and her plans when her biological father dies and moves to New York to the apartment she inherited from her father and take care of the coffeeshop he had. She decides to look for someone to
Amber Rose
Spoiler Free

5+++ Beautiful, heart wrenching, outstanding stars!!!

First let me say I am so thankful to the Author for contacting me wanting me to read her book. I am so happy she did.

This book consumed me to the very core. I can not think of a life of a book with out these two characters. They had me wrapped up as their own personal sock puppet just getting hungry with each page wanting more.

Lets meet the cast shall we???

Meet MY Will

photo 9806C4FA-EB4C-4D04-BF5F-25153E5D51EA-1725-000001CC70DC73BC_zpsaa9dc616.jpg

Will, has made it to my list of book boyfriends. He i
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

Mia and Will meet on a plane heading to New York. Her father just passed away and she's going there to run his cafe. Will lives there. He's freaked out about flying and she takes him mind off it. They part ways at the airport thinking that's the end of it but luckily, it's not.

One thing leads to another and Will ends up being Mia's roommate but she's quick to enforce the frien
Catarina
4,5 Amazing Stars.

Mia is heartbroken and lost after her father’s death, so she decides to move to NY and take over his bar. On the plain she meets Will, a talented musician still trying to figure out what to do with his gift.
Life brings them together and they start to develop a friendship that turns into something more. But at the same time life keeps them apart until they figure out what they want and how far they want to go in order to find peace and happiness.
Unfortunately, that’s a road
♡Jacqueline♡ beautyliterate
3.25/5 stars

Changed my mind again ;(

Last book for the Booktubeathon!
Heather
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of S.C. Stephens and Colleen Hoover
Recommended to Heather by: Jo Jo
Love, Love, Love this book.
If you loved Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens, you will love Sweet Thing. Oh, I am swooning over Will. I want my very own Will!

Mia is heading from Detroit to NYC to take over her father's business and apartment after his death. On the plane ride there she sits by Will, who is petrified of flying. They strike up a conversation to help calm Will's nerves and discover that they actually have a lot in common. Will is a musician. Mia is also into music but is trying to be pract
Amy | Foxy Blogs
This book was Kris' (KC) birthday read. Happy Birthday! Love you, girl!!

Maybe it was fate that I sat next to her that day, or serendipity, divine intervention, who knows?

Will & Mia meet on an airplane headed to New York. Their friendship was centered around their love of music and playing together.

Mia's lack of faith in Will is their undoing. Healing the hurts spoken out of lack of trust is the making of Mia.

"I love this."
"It's a lotus flower."
"I know."
"It symbolizes purity of the heart and
M. ~ B&B
I remember the journey that brought me to those decisions and that memory gives me great solace, because the memory is a reminder of who I am among all the chaos that is life.

I am very torn about this book. It started out as a four star for me, then almost became a DNF, changed into three star, back to almost DNF and ended with four star. It has been the hardest book for me to finish. I've read disturbing books, crappy books and just boring books and none of them gave me as much of a hard ti
.Lili.
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Beautiful Stars!

photo tumblr_mkcuwjRoqB1r1qzxso1_400_zpsafcf5b68.gif

This is the story of Mia and Ryan. Mia is on her to New York after the death of her father. She's going to sort his things and find herself. She's hoping it'll be a quick stop for her. On the plane ride there she meets Will. As soon as they meet you feel a connection. Once in New York they lose touch but soon cross paths again. They become roommates and best friends. It is obvious to everyone including Mia that Will is love with her but her fears stop her from pursuing a rom
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I adored this story it just worked for me.

I had a love/hate relationship with Mia & Will when they were good together they were cute, sexy & sweet BUT when they were having a bad patch I wanted to bang their heads together AARGH.

What happened to Jackson made me cry. I had a dog a Springer Spaniel called Kelly she was 17 half years old, she was not only my dog she was my best friend so for this reason I have given Sweet Thing 5*.