Start by marking “Liam (The Awakening, #2)” as Want to Read:
Liam (The Awakening, #2)

Liam

(The Awakening #2)

Published August 26th 2013 by Covet

To ask other readers questions about Liam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liam

Start your review of Liam (The Awakening, #2)
Angie
Sep 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, reviewed, read-2014
I liked Liam much better than Aidan, but it's still not great. We already met Liam in the previous book, so we know what he's going through. One night, he's hit with this overwhelming emptiness which can only mean one thing: Ava is dead. He rushes to her home to see if she's there, and she is. Covered in blood and not breathing. Before he can comprehend what's happening, he's drugged and wakes up in some kind of lab, with Ava on the other side of a partition. She's not dead, but someone plans on ...more
Katie_la_geek
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok

This was ok. It had a really strong exciting start then dwindled into nothing but to characters thinking about their feelings (cos they won't even talk to each other about it either). Lacked chemistry or any real flow but I got through it.
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
I was provided a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Awakening series by Abby Niles. This book features Liam and his mate, Ava. Liam was in the first book, Aidan's book, but this book was written to be a stand alone if necessary. I knew there was a first book but did not read it before I read this. While there were some things that obviously arose from the first book it was an easy read and I do not feel like I was missing anything - other than ques
Trish
I am a fan of Abby Niles and her unique shifter world. After reading the first book of the series, Aidan, I knew I wanted to follow up with book two.

Liam was seen in the first book and has been rejected by the woman that he loves--his mate--Ava. Most men would typically mutter a "Screw you" and go on their merry way. But Liam is different. He's not human, but a shifter. And when a shifter finds his mate, only to be dserted, that shifter loses his connection to the beast that lives inside.

Unable
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-awakening
FAIRY THOUGHTS
Favorite Line(s) “Glorious warmth spread to his extremities, burning away the darkness, until the lightness that was Ava reclaimed every recess of his body and soul”

“I tried to explain that to you last night. She gives me peace,”

“All we have is right now. I can’t promise more.”

“I love you, Ava Michaels. From now, for eternity, you are mine, even if I can’t be yours.”

“We only have the future. And a hope chest to fi ll with memories.”

What an emotional book! When I read the first book
Caryn
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story as many questions from Aidan’s book were answered. This story was full of drama, angst and love.

It was also full of bad edits...grammatical and spelling errors which always spoils it when I’m reading. Definitely not edited!
Sapphyria
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Please note that there may be some Book 1 spoilers in this review. Proceed with caution!

When Liam Doyle's unbonded mate rejects him (we first learned this in Book 1 - it set the stage for Aidan to meet his mate), the rejection tosses him into and unhappiness like no other. He is in Hell and no amount of therapy from psychiatrists privy to the shifter ways is going to help. The best they can do is help him prevent the mind benders known as Bahrraj that he will continue to suffer through as long a
Shauni

This is my second Abby Niles book and let me tell you I am seriously in LOVE.. The Awakening Series is just what a shifter series should be, Dark, Deadly, Dangerous, (I know again with the alliteration). This book literally seethes.. it pulses with Desire..

In Awakening Aidan, we discover what happens when a shifter looses his mate.. or worse is rejected or as known in the shifter world Dserted.

Liam Doyle was left by the woman who should have been his mate. He had no reason why, he thought they
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Ava and Liams story. This story was really well written and had me hooked very quickly.

We start off with Liam waking up gasping realising that he is feeling Ava's panic and clawing at himself not to go into her emotions and being stuck. It is only when he wins that he notices that something is wrong. He can no longer feel her. She has died. He gets in his car and drives, finding himself at her house where he finds her in blood. He hears a mans voice before it goes dark.

He wakes in a padded cell
Les Romantiques
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher via Netgalley

TA:L is the second book in The Awakening series, but it can easily be read as a standalone, fortunately for me who didn’t know it was a series! Apparently the heroes are present in the first book, but not having read it does not hinder the understanding of their history.

Liam is a shifter who was rejected by his mate. Since then he’s closer to a zombie than to anything else. When he feels the
Katha
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought
ARC provided for an honest review

4 Stars!

I didn’t read the first book in the series so I didn’t know what to expect of this. I was actually not expecting much to be honest.

But… I was wrong!!

This book was so much better than I thought it would be. You don’t have to read the first book to understand what’s going on but I guess it would be helpful. There were a lot of terms that I didn’t have a clue what it meant. However you get into it pretty quickly and everyone with a brain will know what those
Shelly
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
I'm not sure I could be any happier after reading Liam's story. If you've read Niles first story in the series about Aidan, then you'll be familiar with Liam and his struggles. Don't worry though because the way Niles wrote this you don't have to read the first book to get the maximum enjoyment; however, I would definitely recommend that you give Aidan's story a go because, yes, it's that good.

Liam and Ava's story picks up after the first book and starts off with a bang and kept me on my toes a
The_Book_Queen

A few months ago I read book one in this series (The Awakening: Aidan) and I really enjoyed it, finding the world Niles created for her shifters to be very interesting. I was anxious to see Liam's story, as his pain was shown again and again. But upon picking up Liam's story this week, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. I still liked this book, but it fell short of my expectations.

My problem with Liam's story was a combination of small things. I felt like the pace was too fast, and major
Stephanie Ziegler
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Liam Doyle is a shifter. He found his mate in Ava Michaels, but after six months of dating, she abruptly breaks up with him. She offers no reason.

Once a shifter finds his mate, he becomes bonded with her. Liam can feel all of Ava's emotions. When Ava left him, Liam became debilitated with a condition called Dsershon. Forced to live the "dismal life of a bonded shifter...after being abandoned by his unbonded mate". He was disconnected with the beast inside him. If his beast actually believed that
Gigi staub
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Shifter, Liam Doyle knows Hell. At least he believed he did. The night he feels his mate die, he learns how very wrong he was. Nothing he’d struggled with since Ava’s rejection compares to the emptiness that fills his soul by her death. Lost in his grief, he’s taken by surprise and drugged. When he wakes, everything changes. Nothing is what it seems, and someone is dead set on making him pay.

When Ava Michaels is taken captive, she’s thrust into a dark and terrifying world along with the man she
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Awakening: Liam. Abby Niles.

ARC supplied by publisher.
I'd read and enjoyed the first in this series, Aiden's story so was keen to review this one. We met Liam in the first book, where he was deep in a state of grief as his Mate had rejected him. It's a lot to take on though as a human, being told your lover is really a shifter. Although we saw brief clips of Ava it was really just as part of the scene setting for Aidens story. This time Ava comes to the fore, and we learn more about her rej
Tory Michaels
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
For the most part, I liked this book. Let me get out what I didn’t like and then I’ll go into the many reasons I did like this book. First: the villain behind it. Up until they found out who was responsible, there was almost no clue as to his identity. Yes, in retrospect, the incident is mentioned, but truly there are no other hints as to his identity. They simply catch the guy, realize who he is, and poof. No real lead-up to the big reveal. Second: I really didn’t like the slight change in spel ...more
Rhianna
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Sympathy for the devil...

In the previous installment in The Awakening series, Liam's mate refusing the bond was what brought the hero and heroine together. As they worked to help him get his life to a manageable place they fell in love. When Ava rejected Liam it was much more complicated than he knew and when he suddenly feels her die his world is flipped upside down.

Liam and Ava find themselves at the mercy of a masked mad-man who claims that he owes Liam the torment he puts them through. But w
Chris
4 out of 5 Stars

Description~

When Ava Michaels is taken captive, she’s thrust into a dark and terrifying w
Donna
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the second book in The Awakening series. However, it is not necessary to read them in order. They are each their own complete stories. Also if you hold a grudge against a character, reading Aidan's story first might make it harder for you to like Ava in this one. I really had my doubts about her at the beginning based on the little I knew from book 1. But as you read her and Liam's story you get a very different perspective.

Liam is a broken soul, he has mated to a woman who has rejected
Christi Snow
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
This is the second book in the series and it was just as good as the first. Liam is a shifter that we met in the first book who was Dserted by his mate. In this world, for shifter males, this is a fate pretty much worse than death. It leads to depression, complete separation from their animal, and eventual complete mental breakdown. Liam is 8 months into the torture when he feels his mate, Ava, die, but she isn't actually dead. There's someone out there determined to torture Liam and k
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

Today I was able to read The Awakening: Liam by Abby Niles. We all know I'm not very good at figuring out I'm in a middle of a series till it's too late. Hey that's how I roll (snickers to self). Fortunately, I wasn't too lost with this story.

So, The Awakening: Liam is about Liam Doyle who has marked his mate, but she has rejected him. WOW, tough break for him. Now he's doom to live in hell without the love of his life. Ava Michaels actually loves Liam, but had to sacr
Pam
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Liam was rejected by his mate and thought nothing could top that low. He is wrong when he feels her die he feels like he has as well. He goes to her and in his grief is caught unaware and drugged. When he wakes he is in a whole new kind of hell. His mate is still alive but he finds himself trying to save them both all along with trying to figure out who wants revenge on him. Ava had to leave Liam before for her own reasons and now being near him is tearing her apart. She has to deal with her fee ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
The Awakening: Liam by Abby Niles is the second in her exciting Awakening series. If her first book (Aidan) was a great look at the interesting phenomenon of shifter mating, this was the book that told us all how utterly awful it could really be. Liam is introduced in Aidan’s book as a shifter who has been rejected by his mate before the bond is fully in place. His issues with this rejection continue here in his own book.

Liam is a fairly typical shifter, with the requisite looks, beast, protecti
Eva Millien
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
The second book in The Awakening series is an intriguing and entertaining read full of suspense, love, and discovery.

The author’s version of a shifter genre is a well thought out and engaging world that will keep the reader coming back for more. It has all the elements of a great series; love and romance, bonding and eternity, suspense and secrets, discovery and self awareness. The characters are strong and bewitching and are easily related to.

The heroine is a strong character that has to deal
Karen
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Awakening: Liam by Abby Niles got my attention right away with her dedication. I knew I would like the book if for no other reason than her sense of humor - "to Rum and Coke".. Even if those were her pet ferrets, I was in! Turns out the book was FANTASTIC. I didn't need her cutesy dedication, she had me at the first chapter.
I do not want to give any spoilers, but a tiny bit is needed to make the review right. It's a love story between two people who were torn apart by other outside forces.
Carrie
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I did not read The Awakening, Book 1 prior to picking this book up, but I don't think it really hindered my enjoyment of this one. We jump right into the action from the start and get enough information along the way to properly acclimate. There is a whole unique world of shifters, complete with government, enforcers, and new language that exist for Liam and his estranged mate, Ava. We join the story after a lot of drama has happene
Niccisbookblog
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my first Abby Niles book and let me tell you I am seriously loving it! The Awakening Series is Dark, Deadly, Dangerous, and full of sexy desire, its highly romantic. Even though there are previous books in this series i didnt feel like i had missed the meaning of this book having not read the others, this book can be read easily as a stand alone.
I dont read many books about shifters, i must confess vampire’s are my paranormal weakness but this book really pulled me in right from the star
Tina
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I’ve read by Abby Niles and it will not be the last. It’s a great paranormal romance that includes a very interesting mystery that kept me consumed until the very end.

Liam lost the love of his life, and as a shifter, his mate eight months ago, and life has meant nothing to him since. But his mate’s rejection is nothing compared to the moment he feels her death like it was his own. Determined to get proof that she is dead he goes to her home and his world turns black
Crystal
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series and I had to read this one when I got the chance.

You get a little taste of Liam Doyle in the first book. What you read about Ava Michaels makes her sound really cruel to put Liam through what she does. I wondered how in the world she could love him but make him go through what she did. Well reading this book opened my eyes and let me see more of what is going on.

Liam never told Ava what would happen to him if she told him to leave and never wanted to see her
For Covet Fans 1 3 Sep 05, 2013 10:24AM

• Contract to Wed (Crawford Family, #2)
  • The Baby Bargain (Once a Marine, #1)
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • The Maid's Quarters (Crawford Family, #2.5)
  • Riding the Line (Turner Brothers, #3)
  • The Hell You Say (The Adrien English Mysteries, #3)
  • Her Temporary Hero (Once a Marine, #2)
  • The Wedding Wager
  • Douglas: Lord of Heartache (Lonely Lords, #8)
  • Her Safe Harbor (Crawford Family,  #3)
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
  • Parting Gifts
  • Luck of the Devil (Speak of the Devil, #1)
  • The All Souls Trilogy Boxed Set
  • The Escape Artist
  • Rule Four and Five (My Brother's Keeper, #2)
  • The Final Rule (My Brother's Keeper, #3)
  • The First Three Rules (My Brother's Keeper, #1)
Ever since Abby Niles picked up her first Sweet Valley High book in sixth grade and fell in love with Elizabeth and Todd, she’s been hooked on romance. By the time she reached high school, she was devouring meatier romances with pirates, cowboys and knights. She never imagined that those years of reading would one day lead to her becoming a published author.

In her late twenties, after having twins

The Awakening (3 books)
  • Aidan (The Awakening, #1)
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)

News & Interviews

“That was a really shitty move Liam! How would you like it if I turned into an animal when we were arguing?” 3 likes