Start by marking “Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)” as Want to Read:
Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)

Take Me On

(Pushing the Limits #4)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  13,652 ratings  ·  1,338 reviews
Bonus novella included: Crossing the Line.

Acclaimed author Katie McGarry returns with the knockout new story of two high school seniors who are about to learn what winning really means.

Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor.
Published May 27th 2014 by Harlequin TEEN

To ask other readers questions about Take Me On, please sign up.
Anusha Not really. It obviously helps if you've read the previous ones but this could be read as a standalone too.

·  13,652 ratings  ·  1,338 reviews

Nov 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
I was hoping for Ethan and Abby but I like West too. *Crossing my fingers that Abby & Ethan will be book 5!!!*
Christy
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Worth Fighting For stars!

photo c7847b84-e630-4143-a0f8-4ffc401a2010_zps1fb4c90b.jpg

Katie McGarry’s Pushing the Limit’s series is one of my favorite YA series. All her books are emotionally charged romances with leading characters who have so much to overcome. Take Me On is no exception. After meeting West Young in the last book, I was excited to hear he was getting his own book. West and Haley’s story wasn’t easy to read at times, both had serious and very real struggles.

Meet Haley and West...

photo bfba3abb-19a0-4876-8cfe-bf43d8860d0d_zpsd17b27f3.jpg

Haley is a fighter. She’s from the same school as Isa
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
description

OMG!! I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK!!! MORE PUSHING THE LIMITS!!!

description

AND IT'S ABOUT WEST!!! WEEEST!!!!

I NEED THIS BOOK. NOW!!!

Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

So I seriously don’t know why I didn’t read this book sooner. I meant to pick it up when it first came out, but then life and other books got in the way. But, holy crap I just adored this book. I never thought I would say this because Pushing The Limits has always been my favorite, but Take Me On has just stolen that top spot. I loved this book. I loved West. I loved Haley. I loved everything about it.

Haley is awesome. I can’t even explain how much
Irena
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars!

In this, fourth novel in Pushing the Limits series (that can be read as a stanalone) we follow Haley and West.

The story is written in first person, switching from Haley's to West's POV.

Haley's life is not an easy one. After her father lost his job and her family lost the roof over their heads, they moved to her uncle's house. Living with her uncle is not easy. He has strict rules they all have to obey and he verbally abuses them on regural basis.
Some time before, Haley was a kickbox ch
Rachel Reads Ravenously
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Nareh
4 Fighting Stars

photo takemeoncollage.png

“Don’t think of it as falling. Think of it as jumping- with me.”
“How is jumping better?”
“Falling happens. Jumping you choose.”

Haley is a fighter. At least, she was. Lately she hasn't gone anywhere near the ring and hasn't been in a gym in over six months. Plus, everything with her family is going to hell. After picking up her father's meds, she gets jumped on the way home, and an unlikely person comes to her aid.

West Young has just been expelled from his private school fo
Tanvira
THAT COVER IS STUNNING!! BEST COVER SO FAR ^o^ ^o^ I was really hoping for another one of the Pushing the Limits books and here we are!! ^u^ But, if we continue at this rate, I want more, Kates. MORE! For example, I need:
1. Ethan's story
2. Abby's story
3. Logan's story
4. ^Significant relatives or friend's stories
5. Whenever you decide that the Pushing the Limits Series is done for good, I want a novella where all the characters come together with their lovers. It doesn't have to be anything huge
Angela
Aug 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
SO IN LOVE WITH THE COVER. Like, woah.
Giselle
Katie McGarry has done it again. Her writing is just flawless. I'm pretty picky with contemporary reads and even I'm not the biggest fan of them, I just love her writing. She writes easily and straight forward with dual point of views to give an overall story that will be consumed and digested in one or two sittings. This was exactly what I needed because I was on a huge fantasy kick. Granted she's an auto-buy author and I'm hoping she continues on with her writing in her next series which I'm w ...more
Scarlet
Just because I'm a girly girl (today) let it be 5 stars review...
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Tanja: This is yet another book my girl Glass and I got to read together. But this time we had a support in Nick @Nick's Book Blog. She already posted her review and you can check it out here. Now Glass start!

Glass: Fourth book in Pushing The Limits series - and please, Harlequin, don't make it be the last - was so good. So good! I think we were is swooning frenzy whole time we had been reading. Want to know why? Okay here we go.

All the reasons we think Hale

Glass
(Buddy review with Tanja)

Glass: Fourth book in Pushing The Limits series - and please, Harlequin, don't make it be the last - was so good. So good! I think we were in swooning frenzy whole time we had been reading. Want to know why? Okay, here we go.

All the reasons we think Haley is awesom
Sandra_23

||UPDATE||
02-06-2014

Ow, just ow!!
This book took me by surprise and completely exceed my expectations (granted, they werent that high to start with but still!) It made the impossible: if anyone had said me a week ago- hell a day ago!- that I would end up liking, actually genuinely liking and admiring!, WESTON YOUNG I would have laughed it up and call them crazy. But after this book... ow! My opinion of him has drastically changed for the better... I may even have fallen a little in love with West
Varsha
This is definitely the best in the series. Loved every bit of this book.

My first early signed copy. YAY! :D

Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Pages read: 116

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the death of my love for the Pushing the Limits series. Apparently Crash Into You was the last gasp of affection. Take Me On has no problems that the previous installments didn't, but I think I'm just over the formula now. I'm not sucked in and I'm definitely rolling my eyes instead of swooning despite myself as I did before.

I'm tired of the bad boys with hearts of gooey melted cheese. I'm tired of the heroine who hasn't laug
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

I'm running out of praises to throw at Katie McGarry. This is yet again another brilliantly woven story and contained a swoon-worthy romance. Despite the quibbles I have with these novels, she's still one of my favourite authors.

I'm starting to feel like the characters are overlapping one and another. What I mean by this is that some of the characters feel like they've taken parts of someone else that we've already read about in previous instalments,
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Take Me On Review on K-Books

"She and I are like two separate halves to a whole. Separate in that two of us could live life apart sf be successful, but when we are together - when we are whole - that's when the magic begins."

Having devoured all 3 of the Pushing the Limits books so far I couldn't wait to get my hands on Take Me On, the fourth installment in the series. I fell in love with West in Crash Into You in the small glimpses we got of him and so when I found out that this would be West's
Kassidy
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Katie McGarry does it again.
I'm officially obsessed with Katie McGarry and her books. I love these characters so much!! West and Haley have a beautiful romance and relationship. I loved seeing them work through everything together. Their story really pulled at my heart strings and definitely made me tear up. I love how Katie McGarry can make her characters feel so real! I genuinely feel like I know both West and Haley, it's so crazy. I want another book about the rest of their lives haha!
Aneeqah
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another Katie McGarry book done right. Does she ever disappoint??
Devyani
Aug 23, 2013 marked it as to-read

HOLY SHIT. LOOK AT THAT ARM ON THAT DUDE.
Sandra Deaconu
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 steluțe. De câte ori trebuie să scriu o recenzie la o carte de genul ăsta, îmi vine să râd puțin de mine pentru că stau să caut formulări pompoase și să găsesc tot felul de legături profunde. Dar vorbim despre o carte care are pe copertă un tip semidezbrăcat și o femeie care stă cu picioarele pe sus. Nu te poți aștepta să găsești aforisme în ea. Oferă ceea ce promite: o poveste frumoasă și emoționantă, personaje cu care te poți identifica măcar pe alocuri și o cale plăcută de a evada din rea ...more
AJ
“You’re worth fighting for.”

4.5 stars.

This is book 4 in the Pushing the Limits series, and OMG, I love this series! Pushing the Limits is an all-time favourite of mine, and while I’ve enjoyed the subsequent books, this is the first book in the series that came close to recreating the epic feels that I felt with that first book. It’s the story of West (brother of Rachel from Crash into You) and newcomer, Haley.

West Young is the wild child of the incredibly wealthy Young family. Set in the time j
KenHeartsBooks
Nov 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
Natalia
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Katie McGarry's books. They are always really cute and the romance is amazing, but it's not only that. I love the family dynamics. With her books there isn't only love story or family drama. There is a great mix between everything and also amazing characters.❤
Monica Murphy
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I never reviewed this book...

I am a huge Katie McGarry fan girl and she knows this. Her editor knows it too. In fact, I shamelessly asked for an early read of TAKE ME ON and her editor was kind enough to send it to me. I started it right away and of course, Katie didn't disappoint! This book is awesome!

My favorite thing about a Katie McGarry book? The way she tortures her characters. Seriously, I always think, "How can it get any worse? OMG how are they going to get past this?!"
Elena
Dec 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-could-die-for
I like West but I need Abby and Logan's story.

I NEED MORE LOGAN AND ABBY.
Alyssa

Summary (from Goodreads):

Cristina
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
I liked this book... but I kind of needed more. There was a come and go kind of feeling regarding the action in this book.
I loved West! He was so cute and thoughtful all the time! ❤ On the other hand, I wanted the fight to be more harsh... it seemed like all that training was for something short. I wanted more details. I wanted a clear win.
Anyway... I don’t want to complain, because the storyline was good. 👍
Jasmin
Another book by Katie McGarry that put a smile on my face! Although I must say this was my least favorite of the Pushing the Limits series , but it still held deep emotions, wisdom and passion.

I buddy read this with my dear friend Irena. She introduced me to this series and for that I am truly thankful.

Haley has left her grandfathers gym after meeting her ex-boyfriend Matt, whom she thought would love her and trust her with anything. Turns out he was a sociopath that didnt believe in the depths
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Stir Me Up
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • Blue Notes: A Book Club Recommendation!
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Tease (The Ivy Chronicles, #2)
  • Searching for Beautiful
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Boys Like You
  • Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • That One Summer (Summer, #3)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Whatever Life Throws at You
  • Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo

Pushing the Limits (5 books)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)
“I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me.” 6490 likes
“Don’t think of it as falling. Think of it as jumping- with me.”

“How is jumping better?”

“Falling happens. Jumping you choose.”
65 likes