Start by marking “The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)

The Assassin and the Healer

(Throne of Glass #0.2)

Meet the Assassin: beautiful, defiant, destined for greatness. Celaena Sardothien has challenged her master. Now she must pay the price. Her journey to the Red Desert will be an arduous one, but it may change the fate of her cursed world forever...
Published March 22nd 2013 by Bloomsbury Publishing (first published March 30th 2012)

Start your review of The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
Surprisingly, I was able to wholly like Celaena in this one. I have some sort of love/hate relationship with her but she actually kept her arrogance at a bare minimum in this story which I'm grateful for. Celaena's/Aelin's arrogance can be quite suffocating so it's actually a relief to see a "normal" side to her without her spewing some smartass comment every other page.

Yrene was a pretty interesting character! I would want to see more of her and more of the healers in this world. Maybe we'll se
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
3 STAR'S

“The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.”

In this novella of The Assassin and the Healer, it was better than I thought it was gonna be. Again for the first half, it was really slow and dragged a bit. But the last half got a lot better and more interesting. I loved getting to see Yrene before she became the badass healer she is in Tower of Dawn. She is such a sweet, kind and all-around wonderful character :) I am looking so forward to seeing more of her in Ki
~Poppy~
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
“Let me give you a bit of advice,” the girl said bitterly, “from one working girl to another: Life isn’t easy, no matter where you are. You’ll make choices you think are right, and then suffer for them.”

Nenia ☠️ Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Protector of Out of Print Gems, Mother of Smut, and Actual Garbage Can ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

So after ruining her master's slavery trade deal with the pirate lord in the previous novella, THE ASSASSIN AND THE PIRATE LORD, Celery is sent on a punishment mission to the Bumfuck Desert, or whatever it's called, where she is about as subtle and professional as you would expect (i.e. not at all). She wears a hooded cloak and flashes her weapons while hanging around in this inn like a total creep, and of course, everyone in the place i
Ben Alderson
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This HAS to be 5 stars for me! I left this story so deep and it ALMOST moved me to tears! Really really close!

It's so nice to be back in this world, I truly didn't know how much I missed it
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ✺❂❤❣
Structured in quite a bit of feminist-ish, obviously so, way.

Title: The Assassin and the Healer
Q:
Life isn’t easy, no matter where you are. You’ll make choices you think are right, and then suffer for them. (c)
Q:
The girl’s eyes flashed to hers. They were ringed with gold—stunning. Even with the bruises, the girl was alluring. Like wildfire, or a summer storm swept in off the Gulf of Oro. ...
This girl wasn’t like wildfire—she was wildfire. Deadly and uncontrollable. And slightly out of her wits. (
P
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.”

The Assassin and the Healer is not as good as the first one. The story goes on and on forever even though it's the shortest of them all, I still felt this novella was overly long. Celaena Sardothien meets the Healer. In spite of being cold-hearted at first, the assassin does something that changed my perspective of her, and I kinda liked that.

If I'm right, Chaol's short story will probably overlap with a character from t
Pearl Angeli
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I love this novella that is more likely a short story. Despite being a heartless assassin, Celaena Sardothien surprised me once again with the way she influenced the characters that surround her. This part of The Assassin’s Blade book takes place in the land called Innish where Celaena met the gifted healer Yrene Towers. Yrene was a lot more different because she grew up weak-willed compared to the headstrong Celaena. But then, Celaena made a difference to Yrene when she helped her and basically ...more
Wren (fablesandwren)
WrensReads Review:

Finally I am getting around to reading the adventures of my dear Celaena Sardothien. LOWKEY, I kind of love the assassin more than the queen, but that doesn't mean that I don't love the queen.

I wanted to read it before I read Empire of Storms BUT I kind of got distracted with other books that were coming out around the same time. I am not a huge fan of novellas, but I do know that some of the characters introduced in the last book were first introduced in some of these novella
Ferdy
Mar 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Spoilers

Ugh, Celaena was such a disgusting, stuck up, stupid cow in this. I usually like her arrogant, opinionated attitude (it's a refreshing change from the usual oh so modest goody-goody heroine) but it really irritated this time around. When the giddy cow saved a young barmaid (Yrene) from being attacked by four men the douche blamed Yrene for them going after her. The victim blaming attitude really pissed me off, apparently Yrene had the attack coming because she deigned to go outside and t
Sky
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
This novella reminded me why I couldn't finish Heir of Fire, SJM has a habit of introducing many new characters that we have yet to care about and shove them down our throats. Instead of easing us into their world.

I was waiting for something to happen, anything! But no, this novella was just a reminder of how perfect Celeana is from the healer's POV. And after a few hundred times, it gets boring.

The extra star is for the ending which picked up a bit, but not enough to redeem this novella.
_racheljane_
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novella is different from the first one. Most of the story is told from Yrene’s perspective, which I like a lot. We get to see Celaena from someone else’s point of view. Yrene and Celaena are two completely different people. Celaena is a ruthless assassin and Yrene is a barmaid who can’t fight for herself. I think that Celaena helps Yrene because she wants to make the world a better place. We got a glimpse of this in the first novella as well.

sam {inkquisitivereader}⚔
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella-read
I actually liked this one better than the previous one. I dont know...it just kinda clicked with me i guess. 4/5 stars. Yrene Towers is such a wonderful person =)
Melanie
#1.) Throne of Glass ★★★
#2.) Crown of Midnight ★★★★
#3.) Heir of Fire ★★
#4.) Queen of Shadows ★★

This was the novella that felt a little pointless to me. Because of Celaena's actions in The Assassin and the Pirate Lord, she is sent away on a punishment mission. While waiting for a boat to take her to her
Kam
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pretty-good, novellas
The novellas are actually better than the first book in the series....
Hayley
Feb 03, 2019 added it
Oh how I missed sweet, sweet Yrene.

I love how these novellas still flow into each other and read like a complete novel.
- ̗̀ ash  ̖́-
“This girl wasn’t like wildfire—she was wildfire. Deadly and uncontrollable. And slightly out of her wits”

No matter how many times I reread Sarah's books, the writing always amazes me. I missed reading about Celaena as Celaena. And I loved this story. Can't wait to see more of Yrene.
lucie
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, in-czech
That's how women should treat other women - SUPPORT THEM!
Kilikina
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella
I cannot wait to see Yerene again- I love her already!
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

3 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). WELL LET'S HOPE THAT SHE ACTUALLY WENT TO HEALING SCHOOL AND MADE USE OF CELEANA'S HELP. I'LL BE SO HAPPY IF SHE (I FORGOT HER NAME) COMES BACK INTO THE SERIES.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't
Jasmine
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to see the kind parts of an assassin.

It was actually an interesting combination, considering that the assassin and the healer are two opposite sides of a coin and they helped each other. Much to my relief, there was a small part of Celaena Sardothien that wanted to make the world a better place, despite the fact that she was the most notorious and also the best protégée of Arobynn, the King of Assassins's, apprentices.

In short, it's a novella without too many bloody fight scenes(of course, beating bad guys didn't count!) and Celaen

Mel Anie
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Throne of Glass fans
Recommended to Mel by: Poll voters
I've read this novella as a part of 'Assassin' s Blade' collection of stories.

Review:
Rating: 4,3 stars ✨

Celaena Sardothien proved once again that she isn't as heartless as someone might thing. In this short novella our Assassin crosses her path with the Healer. And a new story is brought to life.

The Assassin and the Healer turned out to be a pretty story of second chances. This book tells a story that help can come from the most unexpected side or from a total stranger. Written in an e
Natalia
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was great, so far my favorite from the novellas. My favorite part was when Celaena was teaching her how to fight. Especially the part, in which they were attacked. I loved how Celaena made her fight one of them. This so something she would do. The end, when she gave her the money it was so sweet. She acts as if she couldn't care less but deep down she is really sweet
Sabrina
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Celaena is starting to grow on me I think. There wasn't a ton to this novella but it was interesting and had me intrigued to find out what's next on Celaena's journey.
Valy P.
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short, but I liked it :)
Tiffany
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is not really a novella, I would call this a short story that takes place between novella 0.1 and 0.2.

Unlike novellas 0.1-0.4, which are essential to the story and need to be read, this one is not essential, and you could skip it if you wanted. Basically, if you've finished them all but aren't ready to let go of these characters, then yeah... go ahead. The good thing is that this one is free, and I'll mention where to find it in a second because THAT was a major hunt for me.

This story takes
Alen
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I so want to see Yrene Towes again, she seems like such an interesting character - not to mention that I totally sismance her with Celeana.

description

Celeana has been staying at the White Pig Inn, Innish, a small port town, for a few days, her goal is to reach the Red Desert, where she is to meet the Mute Master of Assassins, who'll train her for a month. This is Celeana's punishment for destroying the slave-trade agreement between Arobynn and the Pirate Lord of Skull's Bay.

Yrene, a girl whose mother was k
Jessica
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
3 Stars. This was a rather short story :/ I don't feel it added to the series BUT I did like the story of Yrene. I hope she makes an appearance in the series again :)

Update August 29, 2018:
I’ve just reread this and quite enjoyed it!!! I love that Celaena took the time to help Yrene out. She not only taught her self defense and saved her life, she also helped her reach her dreams. I like how Celaena felt this tug to help her. What goes around, comes around. If you put out good things, you’ll even
Zain Otoom
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god! This little gem was AWESOME! So amazing. Celaena Sardothien, truly an assassin!
△⃒⃘Qamar Al Oqaily ⚯͛
4.5

I really liked this one! I wish it was a bit longer...
Queen Maas' Assas...: TOG Novellas ~ The Assassin and the Healer 16 229 Apr 21, 2018 04:48PM
How to get this novella 6 90 Oct 10, 2015 11:12AM

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Tailor (Grishaverse, #1.5)
  • Para Sempre Caídos (Fantasmas do Mercado das Sombras, #10)
  • Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1)
  • Steel Scars (Red Queen, #0.2)
  • O Mundo Perdido (Fantasmas do Mercado das Sombras, #9)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Little Knife (Grishaverse, #2.6)
  • The Demon in the Wood (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Too-Clever Fox (Grishaverse, #2.5)
  • Born to Endless Night (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #9)
  • The Witch of Duva (Grishaverse, #0.5)
  • Bitter of Tongue (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #7)
  • The Fiery Trial (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #8)
  • Angels Twice Descending (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #10)
  • The Evil We Love (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #5)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)