Start by marking “The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)

The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass 0.2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  12,719 Ratings  ·  665 Reviews
Meet the Assassin: beautiful, defiant, destined for greatness. Celaena Sardothien has challenged her master. Now she must pay the price. Her journey to the Red Desert will be an arduous one, but it may change the fate of her cursed world forever...
Published March 22nd 2013 by Bloomsbury Publishing (first published March 30th 2012)

Ben Alderson
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This HAS to be 5 stars for me! I left this story so deep and it ALMOST moved me to tears! Really really close!

It's so nice to be back in this world, I truly didn't know how much I missed it
P
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.”

The Assassin and the Healer is not as good as the first one. The story goes on and on forever even though it's the shortest of them all, I still felt this novella was overly long. Celaena Sardothien meets the Healer. In spite of being cold-hearted at first, the assassin does something that changed my perspective of her, and I kinda liked that.

If I'm right, Chaol's short story will probably overlap with a character from thi
Pearl Angeli
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I love this novella that is more likely a short story. Despite being a heartless assassin, Celaena Sardothien surprised me once again with the way she influenced the characters that surround her. This part of The Assassin’s Blade book takes place in the land called Innish where Celaena met the gifted healer Yrene Towers. Yrene was a lot more different because she grew up weak-willed compared to the headstrong Celaena. But then, Celaena made a difference to Yrene when she helped her and basically ...more
Wren ϟ WrensReads
WrensReads Review:

Finally I am getting around to reading the adventures of my dear Celaena Sardothien. LOWKEY, I kind of love the assassin more than the queen, but that doesn't mean that I don't love the queen.

I wanted to read it before I read Empire of Storms BUT I kind of got distracted with other books that were coming out around the same time. I am not a huge fan of novellas, but I do know that some of the characters introduced in the last book were first introduced in some of these novella
Ferdy
Mar 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Spoilers

Ugh, Celaena was such a disgusting, stuck up, stupid cow in this. I usually like her arrogant, opinionated attitude (it's a refreshing change from the usual oh so modest goody-goody heroine) but it really irritated this time around. When the giddy cow saved a young barmaid (Yrene) from being attacked by four men the douche blamed Yrene for them going after her. The victim blaming attitude really pissed me off, apparently Yrene had the attack coming because she deigned to go outside and t
Sky
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
This novella reminded me why I couldn't finish Heir of Fire, SJM has a habit of introducing many new characters that we have yet to care about and shove them down our throats. Instead of easing us into their world.

I was waiting for something to happen, anything! But no, this novella was just a reminder of how perfect Celeana is from the healer's POV. And after a few hundred times, it gets boring.

The extra star is for the ending which picked up a bit, but not enough to redeem this novella.
_racheljane_
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novella is different from the first one. Most of the story is told from Yrene’s perspective, which I like a lot. We get to see Celaena from someone else’s point of view. Yrene and Celaena are two completely different people. Celaena is a ruthless assassin and Yrene is a barmaid who can’t fight for herself. I think that Celaena helps Yrene because she wants to make the world a better place. We got a glimpse of this in the first novella as well.

Samhita Peechara {Multi Dreamer}⚔
I actually liked this one better than the previous one. I dont know...it just kinda clicked with me i guess. 4/5 stars. Yrene Towers is such a wonderful person =)
Rozhin
مشاور:///
مشاور:////////////
من^^
کنکور:-!
برای همین دارم خودمو مجبوووووووووور میکنم که کتابای مکمل مجموعه رو بخونم با اینکه من از کتابهای اینطوری خوشم نمیاد اصلا://...چون کوتاهن هم وقتم پر میشه هم از فکر درسا میایم بیرون!
داستانش خیلی ساده بود..چهل صفحه بود فقط!!جلد اولش که درمورد دزدای دریایی بود جالب تر بود!!!!://
Kam
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pretty-good, novellas
The novellas are actually better than the first book in the series....
Melanie
#1.) Throne of Glass ★★★
#2.) Crown of Midnight ★★★★
#3.) Heir of Fire ★★
#4.) Queen of Shadows ★★

This was the novella that felt a little pointless to me. Because of Celaena's actions in The Assassin and the Pirate Lord, she is sent away on a punishment mission. While waiting for a boat to take her to her
- ̗̀ ash  ̖́-
“This girl wasn’t like wildfire—she was wildfire. Deadly and uncontrollable. And slightly out of her wits”

No matter how many times I reread Sarah's books, the writing always amazes me. I missed reading about Celaena as Celaena. And I loved this story. Can't wait to see more of Yrene.
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

3 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). WELL LET'S HOPE THAT SHE ACTUALLY WENT TO HEALING SCHOOL AND MADE USE OF CELEANA'S HELP. I'LL BE SO HAPPY IF SHE (I FORGOT HER NAME) COMES BACK INTO THE SERIES.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too
Natalia
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was great, so far my favorite from the novellas. My favorite part was when Celaena was teaching her how to fight. Especially the part, in which they were attacked. I loved how Celaena made her fight one of them. This so something she would do. The end, when she gave her the money it was so sweet. She acts as if she couldn't care less but deep down she is really sweet
Valy P.
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short, but I liked it :)
Tiffany
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is not really a novella, I would call this a short story that takes place between novella 0.1 and 0.2.

Unlike novellas 0.1-0.4, which are essential to the story and need to be read, this one is not essential, and you could skip it if you wanted. Basically, if you've finished them all but aren't ready to let go of these characters, then yeah... go ahead. The good thing is that this one is free, and I'll mention where to find it in a second because THAT was a major hunt for me.

This story takes
Aifos
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I so want to see Yrene Towes again, she seems like such an interesting character - not to mention that I totally sismance her with Celeana.

description

Celeana has been staying at the White Pig Inn, Innish, a small port town, for a few days, her goal is to reach the Red Desert, where she is to meet the Mute Master of Assassins, who'll train her for a month. This is Celeana's punishment for destroying the slave-trade agreement between Arobynn and the Pirate Lord of Skull's Bay.

Yrene, a girl whose mother was k
Jasmine
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to see the kind parts of an assassin.

It was actually an interesting combination, considering that the assassin and the healer are two opposite sides of a coin and they helped each other. Much to my relief, there was a small part of Celaena Sardothien that wanted to make the world a better place, despite the fact that she was the most notorious and also the best protégée of Arobynn, the King of Assassins's, apprentices.

In short, it's a novella without too many bloody fight scenes(of course, beating bad guys didn't count!) and Celaen

△⃒⃘Qamar Al Oqaily ⚯͛
4.5

I really liked this one! I wish it was a bit longer...
Anny
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me he quedado con ganas de saber más sobre Yrene. Pero muchas. Espero que no sea la ultima vez que aparece este personaje.
Ashley Earley
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was a quick short story that I thought showed more of Celaena's personality. She has a vengeance for people that were involved in destroying magic throughout the land. She has a burning hate for them and will help any of the people that she thinks could help bring it back. Between this and the previous short story has made this very obvious.

Yrene Towers is a possible healer that Celaena thinks has potential to aid her in this. I have a feeling I'll be seeing Towers again. I think this shor
Nicole
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Zain Otoom
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god! This little gem was AWESOME! So amazing. Celaena Sardothien, truly an assassin!
Diana Bautista
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-stars
I loved so much Celaena in this novella, we get to see the great person she really is.
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
As with the previous novella, Calaena's arrogant attitude annoyed me a lot. However, I was pleased to see that she can step down off her high horse to help another girl out. In a place where the weak are preyed upon, especially if they're female, a girl should feel obligated to help another girl out, make her stronger than prey. I appreciated Calaena taking the time to do that, and to give Yrene a nudge in the right direction, of following her dreams because the world could use more good people ...more
Sabrina Bay
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It makes me like Celaena even more. Under this veneer of harshness, Celaena does have a sweet heart. ❤ ...more
Mari Yeung
May 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellas
Boring and useless. And here Celaena is really difficult to bear.
Carolina Carriço
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
I really liked getting to know Yrene. I have a feeling she will be important somewhen down the road on Celaena's future.
Kayla
It was really good, and as per usual I loved the characters. It was just a little less action packed than I would have liked. Full review will come eventually.
Brooklyn Tayla
Queen Maas' Assas...: TOG Novellas ~ The Assassin and the Healer 15 192 Sep 05, 2017 10:54AM
How to get this novella 6 87 Oct 10, 2015 11:12AM
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • The Tailor (Grisha Verse, #1.5)
  • The Witch's Betrayal (The Assassin's Curse #0.5)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Praying For Rain (The Lotus Wars, #0.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • Beneath (Heven and Hell, #3.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • Captive (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1.1)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • The Hidden Prince (The Orphan Queen, #0.1)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Leopard Dreaming (Mira Chambers #3)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too
More about Sarah J. Maas...

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Untitled (Throne of Glass, #7)
“The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.” 85 likes
“Let me give you a bit of advice.' the girl said bitterly, 'from one working girl to another; life isn't easy, no matter where you are. You'll make choices you think are right and then suffer for them.' Those remarkable eyes flickered. 'So if you're going to be miserable, you might as well go to Antica and be miserable in the shadow of the Torre Cesme.” 33 likes