Start by marking “Cole (The Leaves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cole (The Leaves, #2)

Cole (The Leaves #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  1,130 Ratings  ·  140 Reviews
Cole Carlyle, successful hotelier, has lived his life on his own terms.

Burned by a gold digging ex-wife, he never expected to find his soul mate in Anika “Inky” Redding.

Anika Redding, talented artist, overcame her past to live her life free of shame. Betrayed by people she thought she could trust, the last thing she expected was to find true love in Cole Carlyle.

Their l
Published September 14th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Cole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cole

B.J.
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So freaking good I had a book hangover like you wouldn't believe. This is a continuation of Inky and Cole's story from book 1 and the author does not disappoint. There is suspense, love, hate, hurt, tears, super hot love scenes and adoration between the two main characters made me jealous as all hell. There is also at least one scene where I laughed out loud at the antics of the characters and a parents scene that has to be read to be believed. Make sure you grab this book and book 1 for an awes ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Joint Reviewed: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/09/...

4.5 Stars

Jenny:

‘He knows my pain and I know his, and neither one of us is afraid to swim through the darkness of the other.’ - Anika

Cole certainly started out on a drama induce
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5..loved it stars

Jointly reviewed for : http://totallybookedblog.com/

description

Jenny: Well G, after being left with that heart pounding cliffy in Inky, we were certainly hanging out for Cole weren’t we? So many questions to be answered and we really couldn’t wait to see if these two were afforded their closure they so desperately and rightly deserved.

Cole certainly started out on a dr
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
BOOK REVIEW: Cole (The Leaves, #2) by J.B. Hartnett

”I was nothing before you, not even half a man, you made me whole again, Anika. I will spend the rest of my life making sure I never make you regret it.” - Cole Carlyle

Wow - what a stunning book! Cole is the definition of a perfect 'too good to be true' book hero, his intensity and newfound alpha male status will dazzle you beyond compare. Intense and possessive in nature = sexy as hell! From his unwavering loyalty, strength, his passion and the
Karen Harper
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was honoured when Julie asked me to beta read Cole, the second book in The Leaves series. Now, I was amazed and in love with J. B Hartnett after reading Inky, the first book in the series and also her debut book, but she managed to completely blow me out of the water with Cole.
I don’t want to give anything away and believe me, that is difficult because I want everyone to know how awesome this book is. Cole isn’t as dark as Inky, but it does have its moments. Again, it was an emotional read and
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
Just finished my ARC! OMG! J.B.Hartnett knocked it out of the park...AGAIN!!!!! Freaking fantastic! Cole and Anika! Just amazing Luv story....

Seriously can not wait for all of you to read the continuation of their story!

BLOG TOUR over on Perusing Princesses: www.perusingprincesses.com on 25th September!

This book... this story... it is just an epic, completely freaking epic continuation of an already beyond epic story....

Anika... Cole... two of the deepest, most troubled and the absolute best ho
Kylie Lacovich (The Reading Cow)
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favourites
I enjoyed every minute of the second installment of J.B. Hartnett's The Leaves series.

Cole begins where Inky finished and is a continuation of their story. As in the first book, Inky, Cole is filled with drama, angst, love and steaming HOT sex.

The book Cole gives us a deeper look into Cole's mind. I loved learning more about Cole and his parents, and understanding how Cole's mind works. I loved seeing Richard Carlyle (Cole's father) soften towards his son and accept Inky as part of his family.

It
Emma Verhoeven
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*ADVANCED READERS COPY*
I could hardly wait for this second book after reading Inky, and this sequel did not disappoint. It was absolutely beautiful and the characters were very genuine and heartfelt. Without giving too much of the story away, it was wonderful to see our couple triumph over adversity - and they really do triumph! Cole Carlyle is up there with the best fictional boyfriends around! A definite must read!
Melissa
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sept2013
I can never say enough of this series. I believe each story touches people on different levels. This is the story for me. Each word feed my heart and soul. I took my time and felt everything each character was going through. The writing was so memorizing. You, love each one of them for all different reasons. The struggles,heartache and love they have for each other. It was all so real. I hope there is so much more to come.
Lorie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
IF YOU GAVE ME ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE THIS SERIES......
description

I think a series is very difficult for any author to pull off. A stand alone is one thing, but a series is a totally different ball game. Subsequent books can make or break the entire series. JB Hartnett has managed to bring everything that made Inky fantastic to Cole to create a series that is simply b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.

There’s just so much to say I don’t know where to start, and I doubt I’ll even get to say everything that should be said, b
TheDanishBookaholic
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC received by the author in exchange for an honest review

It was with bated breath I started reading this book after the horrendous cliffhanger in "Inky"! I kept telling myself that this couple WOULD get their HEA (Happy-Ever-After), but I was not altogether sure of all the heartbreak they had to go through to get it. I was reading so fast because I could not wait to learn what would happen next.

After Inky is taken, we get to experience the next 24 hours - and the rest of the story - from not o
Jessica's Book Review
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

In Inky (The Leaves #1) we get to meet the character of Anika (Inky) and her story. She meets Cole and falls in love but their romance has many ups and downs and the two don’t exactly get their HEA. Inky (The Leaves #1) leaves us on a cliff hanger and that is exactly where Cole (The Leaves #2) picks up.

Cole is told in… well Cole’s POV. I love Cole… he is an honest to goodness, good guy and those are the guys I like. He loves Inky and all of her craziness
Shayna
COLE by J.B. Hartnett is hands down one of the best books I’ve read this year! It was incredibly brilliant and I didn’t want it to end. COLE is book two in The Leaves series, it follows INKY, book one in the series which was also an incredible read. The series as a whole just blew me away with how much love, heartache, and depth it contained. You get to experience every emotion under the sun and it is SO WORTH all of the tears you will shed.

“My beautiful girl…my Anika…my lover…my best friend…my
Nicola
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Largely, Inky and Cole's continuing journey doesn't disappoint. Whilst as touching and heartfelt as the first book, it's far more intimate and although there is some angst it also has some fabulous light humorous moments. Told this time from both perspectives (I loved getting into Cole's head), I was one again greeted with a book I couldn't put down.

Inky is more settled. She could quite easily break and don't get me wrong, she still has her moments, but her she is as determined as ever to put he
Claudia
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If it was possible this book was even better than the first. This time from the POV from both Cole and Anika. Though at times reading the pain, heartbreak, and helplessness was hard. I knew (hoped) things would work out in the end and I'm relieved that it did. Cole finally got the father he always wanted and Inky was reunited with a father and a family she never knew she had. Brought together by shared pain but united by a once in a lifetime love. The ending had me holding my breath in both terr ...more
Mariana Lee
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Inky was just fantastic but Cole OMG! I loved every minute of it. As the first book this one is full of drama, emotions , laughter and hot sex. I just love Cole! I love the way they both found their happily ever after. I can't wait to read more, can't decide if I want Nico's story first or Olaf's but I'm sure they will both be wonderfully written just as Inky and Cole have been.
Miusseth
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked it but I must admit that I liked the first one more...
Cole and Anika's relationship was more solid and they got thru their traumas together, but it could've been done in less chapters and with less lovey dovey talk...
Great ending, and above all is one of those stories that leave you feeling happy. :)
Nikki
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perfect second book, I thought it would be more about Cole but it really is not, it is about Inky and Cole and coming to terms with who they are and building on an already intense loving relationship.
one of my favorite reads
Lola
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The extra star is for the laughter that came with an emotional story and such great characters. Thank you!
Carrie
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So many great things in this!
Read my review here.
Christina
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG I could not love cole anymore than I do right now.. Julie seriously I love this series.
Bethany
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Don’t waste another second, life is short. I wasted so much time with the woman who holds my heart like it was the rarest gem wrapped in the purest gold. I didn’t appreciate it and I almost lost it. That love is a gift so few get to experience, let alone keep it.”

“You saved me, Cole. It started that day in the bar and ended with a ring and a promise of your fucked-up and my fucked-up”

Three Chicks
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Jen Skewes

Cole is the sequel to Inky, so if you have not read Inky please note that this review may contain spoilers. You also need to read Inky before reading Cole

Inky ended with that "OMG I cannot believe that just happened moment", followed by I cannot believe J.B. Hartnett left me hanging! We were left wondering what will happen to Inky, will Cole find her before any more damage is done and how will she survive and move past it all?

Let me just say that Cole was just as emoti
Melanie
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
*4 1/2 Sassy Stars*

We return were Inky left us with a Cliffhanger of all Cliffhangers ending, with this amazing sequel to the Leave Series through the eyes of the heartwarming Cole Carlyle. Julie certainly gave us one.

We continue with the unknown of Where is Inky? Poor Cole unknown as to what happened joins forces with his family and Inky's friends. This brought together an emotional family moment between Cole and his dad. Can family members move on after such a devastating past.

This sequel was
Tina
This was a solid 4 Stars

I loved this continuing story about Anika aka Inky and Cole. Unlike book one that's told in the first person POV of Anika this book is told in the alternating first person POV of Anika & Cole. That was wonderful.

I have to say the first 20% of this book was intense and suspenseful because we are coming off the cliffhanger of book one. It was awesome!! I enjoyed the whole book but I was a little let down with the climax at the end I was hoping for more excitement... Bu
Julie
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-own, purchased
*****4.5-5 STARS*****

***What I Loved***
--The cliffhanger from Inky resolved fairly quickly.
--The range of emotions from tears to laughing out loud.
--Again with this book, I loved the supporting characters. The side stories are great. I also loved how we start to see connections between characters we didn't know we're there.
--The importance of the healing that comes from tattoos is amazing in this book.
--I loved the happy ending!! I loved this book so much that I can't even pinpoint specific mome
TJlovestoread Blog
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-adult
I LOVED IT!!! AMAZING AND SWOONY! BUY IT http://amzn.to/NHqsvR

A great ending to an outstanding story. This book begins were Inky left off... yep. Remember that horrible cliffhanger???

Inky and Cole are together, they are in-love and planning a life for themselves. They have grown as a couple and individually but they still have many things to overcome. Once the whole ordeal regarding the Drago family inciden
Angela
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
J.B. Hartnett offered us a gem with book one, Inky, and didn't disappoint with book two, Cole. At the end of book one we were left on the edge of our seats with a big cliff hanger. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait long to read the continuation of this story.

Holy wow! I loved this book! From the beginning, we are once again brought to the brink. The first few chapters are intense and I was furiously flipping through the pages eager to find out how it would end.

Cole is forced to ask for help
Lauren
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This review is being done as a reviewer for Sugar and Spice Book Reviews and this review will also be listed under their GoodReads account.

4 Stars

I freakin' love when I get to finish a series and Cole didn't let me down!

Cole picked up at the huge cliff hanger at the end of Inky. It's hard to review this without giving anything away but let's just say YOU HAVE TO READ IT!
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I freakin' love when I get to finish a series and Cole didn't let me down!

Inky and Cole are both amazingly strong people and endure so much to fight for their love. Throughout the book I laughed, worried, and even teared up at the obstacles they faced-both emotionally and physically.

Once again the supporting characters kept me intrigued, but I d
  • Cross the Stars (Crossing Stars #1)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Blood Tree: Part Two
  • Twas The Knight Before Christmas (Something Great #6)
  • The Epilogue (The Things We Can't Change, #5)
  • Blind Rage (Team Red, #4)
  • The Flesh Cartel, Season 1: Damnation
  • Diesel
  • Change of Possession
  • Almost Too Far (Almost Bad Boys, #2)
  • Lean on Me (Take My Hand, #3)
  • Clover
  • Love Too Hot (Table 21, #3)
  • Songbird Freed (Songbird, #3)
  • Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
Julie is a southern California native, a fan of a really good story (preferably a romance with a happily ever after), really good pie (preferably pumpkin)and copious amounts of coffee (preferably Folgers).

She has always enjoyed writing and at one time thought she might be a singer/songwriter. The 'writer' part is that one that stuck.

Julie is obsessed with Pi...the equation and the food. She's alle
More about J.B. Hartnett

The Leaves (3 books)
  • Inky (The Leaves, #1)
  • Nico (The Leaves, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Because your pain is my pain, Anika. I can’t take it away, but I’ll wear it with you.” 3 likes