Start by marking “Vendetta” as Want to Read:

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  2,274 Ratings  ·  308 Reviews
Please note: this is not dark romance.

I am not a good man.

I have lied and cheated and stolen. I've decided between life or death, like it was my due. None of it matters, not anymore. These are not my sins.

Published December 17th 2013 by Createspace (first published December 15th 2013)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Final rating: 2 stars

No gifs or pics or collages or whatever. Just words to convey how serious I really am.

I cried while writing this review. Not because the book’s events made me sob my heart out, but because how painful it was to write since this book was one of my most highly anticipated releases. It’s the hardest one I’ve had to type, especially when I’ve been struggling between being completely honest and just sugarcoating my feelings. I’ve jumped back and forth between ratings, prodded my
Aestas Book Blog
Oh my GOD this book looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

I have shivers just from the blurb! See below:

I am not a good man.

I see her raise her hands, the dark metal she's clutching reflecting the moonlight. Her finger trembles as she cocks the gun pointed at me. Her eyes are cold, determined, but I know.

I know her.

My name is Devon Andre and I confess my sin. I
Duchess Nicole

___________________________________________
SHORT SYNOPSIS :
The Andre family and the Moore family have been enemies for decades. This fact is not lost on Leighton Moore, no matter how drawn she has always felt toward Devon Andre. But smoldering looks and fluttering hearts are inconsequential when your two families are the biggest mafia families in Boston. Family loyalty is everything. Devon is off limits to Leighton. Her mind understands but her body and her heart don't listen to reason. Not eve
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
First things first....HOT COVER!

Secondly....catchy blurb. You had me at..."I'm not a good man"

However, I kind of struggled with this one though. My biggest problem was I didn't get the connection between Devon and Leighton.

Vendetta is another take on the whole kidnapping scenario....mafia style. The Andre's (Devon) and the Moore's (Leighton) are both mafia families....rivals.

The first 50% I was honestly asking myself over and over again where the connection was between Devon and Leighton.

Wait
Belle Aurora
Sep 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to read this, dammit!
♥Trish♥
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, book-battle

photo DIV36_zps3402b8f4.png

Romeo and Juliet of the mob world, that is what Devon Andre and Leighton Moore are. The families have been at war for years. Both know they can't be together because of it. In reality they don't care. The heart wants what it wants.
 photo REDHEART_zps18d83560.png no matter what the cost.  photo SPLASH-BLOOD8_zpsce4f8f37.png

When Leighton and Devon are put in extraordinary circumstances everything comes full circle for these two. They have no choice but to admit their love for one another.... now what or will they do about it?

photo chain_zps4f4e8ffa.png

This book has everything you wou
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5 "I wish they would have used my suggestions" Stars...

photo tumblr_ml6yuxGG2d1qfrkf9o2_250_zps5c246fc3.gif

I will be short but I was a beta reader for this book. I made many suggestions for improvements that were either ignored or overlooked, and these issues wound up being problems other people had with the book as well. I think this story had potential but needed some changes to improve it.

B/c of this I will think long and hard about offering to be a Beta or ARC reader in the future. There is no point in giving your opinion if it doesn't mat
♥Rachel♥
Nov 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for Vendetta and I really, really wanted to love this story. The lure of a dangerous romance was too tempting to pass up! Ultimately I ended up liking the overall story, but I had a lot of mixed feelings, as well.

Leighton and Devon are related to rival mob families where the hatred runs long and deep. When Leighton stumbles on a clandestine deal going down she’s kidnapped and held by Devon at his family’s compound. Leighton knows that Devon hates her family and she has no love
Paula
Dec 09, 2013 marked it as did-not-finish

Edit: Hi all! As we all know, not every book is going to rock our world. But, if you are interested in this book, I suggest previewing it. Who knows... you might end up really liking it. And my opinion will be just that - my opinion. That's the beauty of books, not all of them are the same and not everyone is going to like them. Happy reading! :)

******

DNF @ 30%. I will refrain from rating this book since I didn't finish it.

There were so many things about this book that had promise, but there ar
Taryn
Sep 12, 2013 added it

HOLY HELL. Just read the blurb and this sounds so damn good! Can't wait until December!!
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
Review:

"I wish you were someone else," she whispers and I hear the tears in her voice. My eyes open and I kiss her wrist hovering over my mouth, wiping away the single tear streaking her cheek with my thumb.

"Me, too," I say, and I've never meant anything more than I do those two words.

Vendetta is a story about two starcrossed lovers and their fight to be with one another. This is not a retelling of Romeo and Juliet. Though, I definitely got a "Montague/Capulet you can't be together" vibe from
Brenna
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it
"There are no innocents in our world. We are born tainted."

Vendetta wasn’t really what I was expecting. While I did have some issues with it, I found it easy to read and I was interested in how things were going to play out.

The Andre’s and the Moore’s are rival mob families, so the hate and distain runs deep. There is apparently new evidence that Leighton’s family had something to do with the murders of Devon’s mother, father, and little brother years earlier. It starts out with Leighton Moor
~ Becs ~
I have to say that the synopsis for this book is quite possibly one of the best and most enticing I have ever read. It completely WOWED me and the cover is just gorgeous and I knew I had to get an ARC into my hot little hands.

This book really has a got a bit of a Romeo and Juliet vibe going on. Devon and Leighton are children of opposing crime families and their union would be frowned upon to say the very least. We begin with Leighton spying on Devon and getting caught, knocked unconscious by on
Claire Robinson
3 Stars.

I have deliberated for days on what to say about Vendetta, I have written and re-written this review so many times now, and if I am being completely honest, I am still a little stuck.

When I read the synopsis and saw the cover I was immediately smitten, pulled in hook, line and sinker. I mean who wouldn’t be interested after reading this –

Polly
Dec 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all thanks to the author for providing me with an advance copy for a honest review.

This review is hard to write. In this case I think if I would have written it earlier maybe I would have given it a higher rating. The longer I thought about it the more things bothered me.

I'm not going to spoil it but try to name the things that bothered me.

1) I never loved the male main character.
2) Hated Haley. Mega bitch and just poof vanished.
3) Amber. hated everything about their interactions.
Trisha ❊ Devoured Words
description

Holy sh*t this sounds amazing!

This book has already taken hold of me. WOW.

Can't wait for this!!!

Synopsis

description

I know her.

My name is Devon Andre and I co
Blair
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5-3 stars

I started reading this book with great hopes and now i'm a little disappointed.....actually really disappointed.

I really wanted to REALLY like this this book.I just couldn't.Things happened so fast and i was just left wondering :

What's going on here ??

I just wish this wouldn't happen :(

I'm not saying this was bad and others are not going to like it.
No....this just wasn't the book for me !! :/

The summary is sooo cool and the cover is SUPER COOL
I wish the story was too. ://
(for me)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
3,5 stars It had the bones of a really good story, times where I didn't feel that connection between the characters and times when it became confusing as all hell..The cover is hot, the blurb sounds out of this world and my kind of story but about half way it just didn't have that pull on me to keep going, I wasn't lost in the story, absorbed in it like I thought I would've been..
Book Drunk Blog
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book HARD. Vendetta is the story of Devon and Leighton. Coming from different mafia families, Devon and Leighton are fated to be enemies.
Our story starts with Leighton getting caught spying on Devon meeting with a man who is betraying her family. Once caught, Devon takes her prisoner and brings her back to his house.

Leighton is locked in a room, trying to figure out the dynamic between her and Devon, and trying to figure out how to stay alive. Neither one can keep their hands off of
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.

3 - 3.5 Vengeful stars

Vendetta

Vendetta by Autumn Karr and Sienna Lane reminded me a modern day version of Romeo and Juliet. In this case, Devon Andre and Leighton Moore are children from two mob families. who have bad blood and history. Devon Andre was left an orphan at the age of 13 when his family went missing and found murdered. He was soon taken in and raised by his uncle Frank. Under his care, Devon wanted to solve and get to the bottom who kill
Asser
I'm going to be honest here and say that I am disappointed with this book. I liked it, yeah, and Vendetta could have had so much potential to be a great read but there were just enough issues I was not happy about. First, it was a mob/mafia story so I wish it was longer. I felt like I was reading the shorter version of the real book. Because of that, it led me to my issue number two which is I didn't completely connect with the characters. And half of the story deals with the heroine being kidna ...more
Valentina
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOOW!Did not see this comming!
I started reading it on recomendation,and didn't read the blurb,and first thought was "It's just another meh read!" Oh I couln't be more wrong!
This was sooo good!I read it in just one sitting!I love this mob thing novels,and I really enjoy this one!It was a rollercoaster read and so much drama,and tension between h&h and there was a part where I wanted to strangle hero...but he saves the day in the end and he's my hero too!Romeo &Juliet on modern way!Solid r
Mariana
I VERY MUCH WANT THIS BOOK! Set a release date already, pleeeeease!!!
Carmen Rae
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo 45-STARS_zpsca373e88.gif

What if you fell in love with the one person you could never have, a love that would kill you both? This is the dilemma Devon has and from the first page of this book I felt my soul being torn for him.

photo Vendetta_zps6b054a54.jpg

These guys are the Romeo and Juliet of the mob world. Not only should they hate each other there is no way they can both live with the amount of blood between them. And honestly if we didn’t see inside of Devon’s head I would have held her hand when she pulled the trigger.

photo gunpoint_zps6fd7b4b3.gif

I went into this think
Jamie Roberts
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Visit Reading Eating & Dreaming for more reviews by Jamie, Dana, Morgan and Rhonda!

**This book was given to us in exchange for an honest review**

3.5 MOBSTER LOVIN’ STARS!

“Sometimes temptation outweighs risk, want trumps all consequences.” – Leighton,

Pros:

This story caught my attention from the moment my eyes read the synopsis. At that point, I became 100% obsessed with the release of this story. And the book cover is HOT-HOT-HOT adding to the appeal!

As I was reading Vendetta, I could easil
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
ARC was kindly provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review. Only posted here till the Vendetta blog tour.

First of all, this is not an ordinary story. It has a complicated start and it doesn't clear the air between the two characters immediately and I loved that. It's kind of boring when a story starts with too may details and suddenly you know everything about the characters. This was definitely not the case.

So not the case.

Leighton Moore and Devon Andre have a history. The forbidde
Beth
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3.75 Expiration Date Stars

I was so excited to read this. Great blurb. It just grabbed me. The woman you love is going to shot you and you don't really react? I'm a bad guy? All the makings of a great read.

Leighton is the daughter of a the head of a "Family". You know the kind. The kind with a capital F. She is kidnapped by the son of the rival Family. Kidnapped you say? Well kidnapped in that she is taken to his family's house and locked in a room. But she can watch TV, draw, chat with Family f
Carina
Aug 11, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
That blurb really grabbed me and the fact that it says this is a STANDALONE... well I'm very anxious for this to come out.
  • Shards of Us
  • Waking Up in Vegas
  • The Missionary
  • Merrick
  • A Fighting Chance
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Invincible (The Trident Code, #1)
  • On the Way Home
  • Hero (Hero, #1)
  • I Breathe You
  • Lost Boy (The Lonely, #2)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
  • Rellik
  • Sempre: Redemption (Sempre, #2)
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • Avowed (Manipulation Trilogy, Corrupted, #3)
Autumn Karr is the co-author of VENDETTA, written with Sienna Lane.

RELEASING DECEMBER 17TH 2013.

You can find us at: