Start by marking “Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)

Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic #1)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  893 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
How does a woman get over her one great love? With whitewater rafting, bluegrass, and a touch of revenge…

Kaye is an extreme sports addict with a kind heart and an axe to grind with her childhood sweetheart and ex-husband, renowned writer Samuel Caulfield Cabral. While Samuel enjoys a celebrity life in New York, Kaye remains in their hometown of Lyons, Colorado, running her
ebook, First, 225 pages
Published September 3rd 2013 by Omnific Publishing (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hydraulic Level Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hydraulic Level Five

Lucia
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is The book that you will never forget once you read it. This story will make you feel everything from anger, hurt and despair to love, passion and hope. A MUST-READ!

My Kaye and Samuel:

Childhood friends, highschool sweethearts, early marriage, quick and ugly divorce. Now, seven years later, Kaye and Samuel have to meet again - at his sister's and her best friend's wedding. Seems like now is best time for Kaye to get answers and revenge...

Kaye, even after so many years is still questioning
Mysza
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
***** 5 unholy cliff-hucker stars *****

WOW! Just WOW! This book was utterly beautiful. And I can't believe it's been hidden on my TBR for so long. I can honestly say it is one of the best books I have ever read. The writing is remarkable, the author did an amazing job with telling this story. I loved this book hard. It is an astonishing second chance romance. It will break your heart while reading and put it back together in the end.

The story is about Kaye and Samuel, childhood friends, whose
Brandi
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-tbr
**4.25 Stars**

description

A heart-wrenching story about childhood friends who fall in love, marry and divorce after 19 short months. What happened to Kaye and Sam? Why did he leave? I was aching to discover what had come between these two people who obliviously loved each other. Unfortunately for me, RL and a cold, constantly kept me from my kindle, when all I wanted to do was spend time with these characters.

“I was barely twenty-one! Most people haven’t even met their spouses at that age, you know that? I
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤

4,5 EMOTIONAL STARS

This was a big surprise for me...because I wasn't sure if I love it.But believe me it was amazing and so unique!!It captivated me from the beginning and made me want to read more and more!! It was absolutily amazing!!!It was so realistic!!!I think everybody should give it a try!!!I loved it so much that I didn't have a problem that there wasn't sex in the book.You know sometimes books are much better without sex!!It was a book about love,friendship, betrayal ,hurt and second
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★4.5 Stars★★★★

This book was so heart-wrenching I just could not put it down, I was literally aching for Kaye and I had to find out what it was that broke the two apart. I think this is probably my favourite second chance story ever, it was so beautifully put together.

Samuel and Kaye were childhood friends, they fell in love and were married whilst young. After just 19 months of marriage, Samuel left Kaye without any reasonable explanation.

Since leaving, Samuel has become a famous author and w
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
What could get better than an ex-husband coming back to town for his sister's wedding with his new, gorgeous girlfriend? His sister who just happens to be his ex-wife's best friend. His ex-wife who just happened to be his childhood best friend and first love. Throw in a couple of secrets and you have all the makings for my kind of book!

description

But things aren't all rosy...this book is just a tad confusing in the beginning but hang in there, it does get better and things do get cleared up. It just takes
Rag
2.5 "Sorry" Stars

photo image_zps9925d529.jpg

Kaye and Sam have been divorced for seven years. Now she runs some kind a business and Sam is a famous and a rich writer.Till this very day Kaye doesn't have answers. Why? Why did thier wedding go down the drain? Where did things go wrong?

Sam's sister also Kaye's best friend is getting married. Kaye knows that this is her time. This is the time that she will have the opportunity to talk to Sam. Where did she go wrong?

I’d already married the love of
my life, lost him, and I w
Mallory
4 emotionally gutted stars

I can't write a review for this book. I can't even write much about it. All I can say is that it has emotionally gutted me. The writing was outstanding, and the cast of characters a cut above.

To be honest, I don't know if I even want Kaye and Samuel to be together. I don't think Samuel deserves her for what he put her through, and for how he never gave her true answers to pertinent questions. What really got me was that there are still tons of questions that have no ans
Robin Hill
The last bit threw me for a loop! Reserving my rating until I read book 2.
Nikki
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Cliff-Hucking Stars!!

Hydraulic Level Five – When water pours over an object hidden in the heart of the river, water reverses upstream and creates a white water hydraulic. River travelers are often trapped in its dangerous churn indefinitely.
description

I am honestly surprised more folks haven’t read this book. Very much a treasure and so refreshingly different. I am still in awe, and I am almost pissed I have to write the review because I am so damned ready to get to the next book!

So for some backgroun
Jennifer Lane
Ride the Churning, Restless Rapids of a Second Chance at Love

What a rich and deep adult contemporary romance!

Kaye is in her late twenties and still in love with her childhood friend / ex-husband Samuel (even though it's hard for "stubborn as super glue" Kaye to admit she still holds the candle for him). Kaye is an extreme sports enthusiast, and she and her friend run a PR firm in Colorado. Meanwhile, since the divorce, Samuel has shot up the bestseller charts as a famous author.

Samuel comes from
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
5 marvelous stars!

Now, before I begin my review I’m going to rant… just a little bit…

description

It’s common knowledge that a lot of fanfiction stories are being published. Now, this story is one of those; but what does that really mean?

Does it mean that the author didn’t actually WRITE every single word? No.

Does it mean that the author didn’t actually go through the process that every author goes when a book is being editing or published? No.

Does it mean that the author didn’t spend HOURS – DAYS – WEEKS –
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
REVIEW TO COME
(BR with Sharon)

photo 23218ca2-c974-49bc-8b5f-95fc8736b94e.jpg

photo d68a2bf0-1dc4-4551-9927-44a055fa3390.jpg
Squallogal
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Why we wait for the books.

People have asked me in the past why I yearn so hard to hold the book of a story I already know. I often find it hard to explain.

Stories aren't dead things. Words live and breathe on the page. In this case... they grow.

This story was familiar but is also incredibly new. It's the difference between driving past a house you know, seeing the roof, coloured shutteres, the bricks. You know the location and the look of it. You know where the birds nest near that eave in the
Zizz
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are books that I really like. Some I love. Rarely I fall in love with them. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY AND THIS BOOK.

First with Sempre followed by Dusty and now Hydraulic Level Five. I'm beginning to believe that the best book finds are in the fanfictiondom.

Kaye and Samuel have known each other since he was the quiet, serious six year old cousin from Boston who was adopted by the Cabrals. Kaye lived next door with the Cabrals and with separated hippie parents, she wanted nothing more
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
blog/fb page link : https://www.facebook.com/SLiTsReaD

"Deer cabral, you white-jot unjoly cliffhuckr. sorry I missed the twigging concert. I do lick them, your right That’s it."

Hahahaha.... What can I say, I loved this book! It is hilarious, intense yet light, hot yet there's no sex in it, the angst, the hurt, the passion... it had me awake till dawn!!!! Never a dull moment! Kaye is so funny, add to that her friends that not only supports her craziness, but pushes her to it, LOL...

I don't want
ATran
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It's shameful, I have never desired anybody the way I desired you." His voice grew hoarse ." And I should have told you a long time ago.I should have told you every single day."

WOW ,WOW, WOW!!!!
What a captivating story , the writing was AMAZING!!!!
Samuel and Aspen second chance at LOVE?! Would it be worth it ,after all these years......hmmmmmm?! Can't give anything away ...Sorry you have to read this!

HYDRAULIC LEVEL FIVE IS ON LEVEL 5+++ stars!

Happy reading:)
Katie(babs)
Aug 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
P2P Twilight fanfic called Hydraulic Level 5 by Gondolier.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jointly reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/09/...

Gitte: 3.5 Stars
Jenny: 4 Stars

Jenny:

AnnMarie

I went in to this story knowing the angst level would be high. Was pleasantly surprised that though there was much interwoven hurt, angst, and betrayal of the heart, it was so well written it didn't leave me running for the hills.

First and foremost, I loved the Cabral family! They were so genuine and engaging that I felt I was sitting at the table with them. Kudos to the author on that alone.

Funny way to start a review I suppose, noting the secondary characters before the primary, but sometimes
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jointly reviewed for: http://totallybookedblog.com/

Gitte: 3.5 Stars
Jenny: 4.0 Stars

Jenny: Well, if there was ever a book that dealt really well with second chance love then this was it, don’t you think G? Kaye and Samuel were soul mates. From very early on, you felt the bond and the love between these two implicitly.

I was continually asking myself at the beginning of this story, what could have possible gone wrong because Kaye and Samuel were so perfect for each other, they were so in sync, s
Once Upon a Twilight
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
This book is by far one of my favorite books of 2013! I adore Sarah’s style of writing. From the moment I picked up the book, I just couldn’t let it go. I cried my eyes out over the beauty of this tale. Hydraulic Level 5 is all kind of feels. It consumed me.

Hydraulic Level 5 is a love story about two individuals, Kaye and Samuel whose relationship parted away. They shared many years of childhood memories along with a passionate love but an event occurred leaving Kaye questioning herself. She did
Christa Charman
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED, LOVed, Loved this story as a fanfiction!

Back in 2008, when it was still being written, I waited with bated breath for each and every update!

It's a fabulous story!

And all the more special to me because of everything the author went through while writing it! She is one of those truly strong women that can overcome any obstacle! She is so admirable!

My heartfelt appreciation to her for sharing her gift for beautiful words with us!

♥Bless you, Sara Latchaw♥
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
HYDRAULIC LEVEL FIVE is a completely unique second chance romance between a famous author and his ex-wife, who fell in love and married after being best friends since they were children. Years after he left her, Samuel returns to his hometown for his sister's wedding where he will be in close proximity with Kaye, who isn't quite over him....or ready to let go of her anger.
"What are you going to do? Write another book about me?" His hand was warm on my arm despite the chilly air. But I still shiv
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Hydraulic Level Five is one of those stories that will stay with you forever. I mean it is a story that grabs you right from the prologue and keeps you going until you can't believe you are at the end of the story. I love when an author pulls me into a story like that to the point I am screaming and crying and I have no idea what to really feel because so many emotions are coursing through my veins. It is so with this story and Sarah does not disappoint in any way.

We get to meet so many characte
litsiren
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cont-rom
2 stars

WTF I stayed up real late to finish this book and I got a crappy ending!? Was that even 'The End' since there will be a sequel? So it's a cliffhanger crap then? Argh it was frustrating!

I gave it two stars because I liked the main characters. I liked their conversations too as they were full of meanings and revelations. Also, I liked the chemistry between them. Besides, I enjoyed reading the outdoor, adventurous, adrenaline rush related activities.

Hydraulic Level Five was quite heavy, emo
Ilana
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This book differed from other books I have been reading lately.

and I loved it...!!!
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Hydraulic Level 5, and I can honestly say I am blown away by how special this book is. I truly loved it.

First Impression: The book had a bit of a rough start for me in that I was I was not expecting this book to touch me the way it did. I became much more emotionally attached than I'd anticipated, but that turned out to be a good thing. Also, the format in the beginning and the numerous characters took some time for me to adjust to. There are book excerpts, definitions,
Sandy S
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

HYDRAULIC LEVEL FIVE is the first storyline in Sarah Latchaw’s new adult contemporary series focusing on extreme sport lover and PR business owner Kaye Trilby and world famous author Samuel Cabral. The focus of the story is one that is heartbreaking in its’ premise as two people who have known and loved each other for most of their lives suddenly become strangers when Sam decrees he wants to be alone. From childhood sweethearts to bitter exes, the storyline is awash in sorrow, heartach
news 1 14 May 20, 2014 10:49AM
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • Living Backwards
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • Animate Me
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • Black and White
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • A Political Affair
  • Late Night with Andres
  • A Four Letter Word
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Gay as Mardi Gras
Sarah Latchaw was raised in eastern Iowa and appreciates beauty in mud-splattered gravel roads and fields. She also loves to explore far-away places, thanks to countless family minivan trips across the States. This passion for finding stories led to college adventures in many different countries, and each place’s story rests in the back of her mind and in her photo albums.

Sarah received her BA fro
More about Sarah Latchaw

Hydraulic (3 books)
  • Skygods (Hydraulic, #2)
  • Fourteeners (Hydraulic, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
  • In The Flesh
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)