Start by marking “The Hand of Osiris” as Want to Read:
The Hand of Osiris

The Hand of Osiris

Ye serpents, Ye generation of vipers,
How can ye escape The damnation of Gehenna?
- Matthew 23:33

The outlaw Jedediah Sykes has just killed the wrong man, the nephew of a powerful rail baron. Now he’s on the run and the bounty hunter Jacob Hatcher is hot on his trail with a group of hired men and Apache guides. But when the guides refuse to go any further, warning that
Published July 27th 2013 by Weird West Books (An Imprint of Necro Publications)

To ask other readers questions about The Hand of Osiris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hand of Osiris

Start your review of The Hand of Osiris
David Caldwell
I won a copy on Goodreads Firstreads.

A gunslinger goes on the run after killing the nephew of a robber baron. Now the robber baron is willing to do almost anything to see him brought to justice. But he has escaped into a part of the desert that even the local tribe of Native Americans will not venture. There is one former Texas Ranger willing to follow him though. What he finds is stranger than anything he could have ever imagined.

I really wanted to describe this story as the Good, Bad, and the
Renee Sebastian
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story had many of the classic western tag lines you might read, but with a supernatural twist.

This book is really the story of Sykes, who is an outlaw whom you learn to like. I love it when you first have me thinking one way about a character, and then you slowly change the way I think of them. That makes them dynamic and fun to read. There are other well depicted supporting characters. This book does have alternating points of view. So if you don't like this sort of thing, you might still
Lili
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
*I won this book in Goodreads First Read Program and I am writing an honest review in exchange*

When I first saw this book I immediately thought of Deadlands, a Weird West RPG from the 90s with a fantastic world setting and a slightly jankety rules system. I enjoyed Weird West before I played Deadlands, but that game really cemented my love of the genre.

This book was pretty good, well written (though a little too flowery with description at times, but that is a personal gripe of mine) and well p
Kevin Groosalugg
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The son of a friend of a relative wrote this. After reading the first chapter I was nervous that I would have to give it a bad review. The writing seemed choppy and it was interfering with the flow of the book. Luckily it got better shortly after that, and turned into a rather good book. Several characters with questionable pasts end up in a bizarre town, don't want to give much more away. It is sort of a fantasy/western. I enjoyed the interactions between the characters and the blurred lines be ...more
Rochelle
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have
I received a copy from the publisher, Necro Publications, for and honest review
Full review here: http://www.chocomeiske.com/2016/05/09...

All in all, a well-written Weird West tale with a supernatural twist that is imaginative, immersive and captivating, with characters that will resonate with you, and a story with a unique mix of adventure, gore and complex characters that you will want to read again and again.
Faith
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I chose to read this, I thought it was going to be a western movie inside a book. At first glance, I was entirely correct. But as I made my way through the captivating story it was so much more than just that. I couldn't put it down until I read through the night and finally finished it. I was sad when I had to put it down. This is a must read and a must read again with beautifully written characters and scenes.
Josh Chireno
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is weird in the best possible way. After a somewhat shaky first chapter the book takes its form as a hybrid western horror that captivated me in a way I didn't expect.
The character development in this book is some of the best i've ever read in a western novel of any kind. I truly love this book and I cant wait to read more from Mr. Cavallo. 5/5
Josh
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book from Goodreads First reads Giveaway. I enjoyed this book, it had the feeling of a classic John Wayne western with a healthy dose of supernatural. The characters all believable, each with their own faults and virtues. It was paced well and all together well worth the read.
Rachel Parrott
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
What a mix of western and horror. Charaters out of the old west find themselves in strange and ever more bizarre circumstances. The charaters draw you in and the vivid story keeps you engaged.

I received my copy through the Goodreads First Reads program.
Traa
Shelves: first-reads
The Hand of Osiris is everything you want in a Western, with a supernatural flavor that makes it completely unique.

I received my copy for free through the Goodreads First Reads program.
Jonathan Sergotick
Edward Pissmeoff
Bernadette
Izabela
Sep 13, 2013
Frank Cavallo's new novel, the dark fantasy "Rites of Azathoth" is currently on sale from Necro/Bedlam. He is also the author of "Eye of the Storm", "The Lucifer Messiah" and the weird western "The Hand of Osiris."

His short fiction has appeared in venues such as Another Realm, Ray Gun Revival, Every Day Fiction and Lost Souls. He has worked in the Warhammer universe, penning the novella "Into the