Start by marking “Before the Dawn (The Ending, #4)” as Want to Read:
Before the Dawn (The Ending, #4)

Before the Dawn (The Ending #4)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  818 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
A year ago, the Virus killed off most people in the world.

A year ago, strange things started happening to those who survived. Some of them transformed into something dark and sinister, while others evolved, becoming something more, something beyond human.

A year ago, Dani and Zoe were lost. They traversed the country to find one another, losing some of the people dearest t
Published November 20th 2015 by L2 Books

To ask other readers questions about Before the Dawn, please sign up.
Lindsey Pogue Hi Lisa! So sorry I just saw your question. It will be out later this year, although I'm not sure when pre-order will be available. HOWEVER, I'll be…moreHi Lisa! So sorry I just saw your question. It will be out later this year, although I'm not sure when pre-order will be available. HOWEVER, I'll be sure to keep you posted if you decide you want to follow us on FB or sign up for our newsletter. Here are the links in case you're interested. So happy you're enjoying the book :)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AfterTheEndi...
Newsletter - https://www.facebook.com/AfterTheEndi...(less)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Before the Dawn is book four in The Ending series by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by the author. I started this series with the six prequels and instantly fell in love. Then, when I began the actual series, my love turned to obsession. I have been waiting for a long time for the finale and this book was everything I wanted it to be, and more. I have been with the characters of this book as they evolved from kids to
Dianne
The Virus. Most people were killed, but a few, became ‘more.’ Imbued with growing talents, they were the survivors, they became the hunted as others became evil personified and one crazed and power hungry man wanted them all under his control, as any cost. This is another episode in the fight to survive, to live and to re-build a world nearly drained of its very soul, the greatest battle is coming and one vision tells them it will be here, Before the Dawn. Prepare yourselves for the final showdo ...more
Anita Boakes
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
read all books waiting to start reading book4 awesome can't put books down,so well written,BEFORE THE DAWN is next just finished reading OUT OF THE ASHES, give them a go, I guarantee you will want to keep reading more.
Jenni Lind
Before the Dawn by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue is the fourth and final full novel in The Ending series.

This entire series (and accompanying novellas) is something I stumbled across in January 2014 and have happily devoured. While the entire series is amazing I think this final book is just perfect. Without spoilers, this book has so much going on but manages to stay on a clear overall line and give you the best parts of each character that you've grown to love (or love to hate) throughou
C
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin? I don't want to write this review because it means that the Ending Series has come to an end. I have followed this series and have fallen in love with each and every character.

This was probably the best book in the series - hands down. We finally learn so much more and questions are answered.

I am beyond happy with how this book ended. Am I pissed it ended, hell yes! I wish it could go on forever. However, like all good things, it must come to an end.

I felt sad for the ones that w
K.A. Duggan
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am so sad that The Ending series has come to an end!
I read the first 3 novels in quick succession and eagerly awaited this fourth installment. It didn't disappoint!
Every book in this series had me gripped.
The authors are fantastic at pulling you in and not letting you go. There are so many emotions, conflicts and challenges but the 'family' are united. The characters are well written, so much so that I never could decide who I loved more (especially between Jake and Jason).
Buy them. Read them
Cary Morton
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I can honestly say that I was somewhat surprised by this book. I’ll admit, the third book in the series was probably my least favorite, and reading the third and fourth book in the span of just a few days had me a little burned out. I went into the fourth book full of trepidation that it was going to be yet another long drag through a narrative where very little happened. Luckily, that wasn’t so.

Le
Boxy Frown
For the full First Look,head over to Heroes and Heartbreakers!

Before the Dawn delivers with action, adventure, resolution, and drama in a huge way!

Megan
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Mylia Muse
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-versions
A wonderful finale to a wonderful series. I'm going to miss them!
Angie Garcia
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story

Couldn't wait to get to the next, and the next and the next and then the last. Wonderful story written from the perspective of each of the primary characters. I highly recommend even if you don't like apocalyptic stories. This series has a different twist and I was intrigued from the start.
Jan Mcclung-short
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey hit a homerun with this series. I read the first book and was intrigued enough to read more. The second book really seizes your heart and captivates you to finish the book quickly. I couldn't have stopped reading if I wanted to. The women in this book are very strong characters. They enable the men to be more powerful with their "abilities." Abilities are skills that you were given with the end of the world. The world was destroyed by a virus that killed over three fourths of all people. ...more
Lisa
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Complex characters (and a lot of them) that showed tremdous growth throughout the series turn a good story into something you don't want to put down. This series has the perfect combination of action, adventure, sci-fi and romance (even if the romance was bit too easy and obvious) that is age-appropriate for young adult on.
Sherri McCartney
Before the Dawn

Wonderful heart warming , lots of adventure, and no zombies! I like reading about things that could happen and what people need to do for their lives. People still find love and friendships.
Cheryl
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book as much as the others -- in fact, I re-read ALL of them (the main three) before reading this finale so I could really enjoy it. Thank you for such an engaging and enjoyable series!
Kristi Davis
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great ending. World building.
Brittany
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
very good story and series if a bit stretched and over the top in some areas. I have to admit that I skimmed a lot of the inner monologue and for me the ending was a bit anticlimactic
T. Jackson
Great read.
Really great story. Loved the characters.
Fantastic Story. Could not put it down.
Carrie
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed how this series ended.

Great read!
Beverly Freida
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ending Series - books 1-4

I truly enjoyed this series of "THE ENDING", I found it a quick read and without long drawn out battle scenes and few yet tasteful love scenes. I did however grow rather bored with the character of Dani and her never-ending guilt trips. I found myself thinking - oh not again - get over it, stand up and get on with it. Other than that I had a difficult time putting this down to attend to lives necessary duties. Thank you for the really good read.

Cozy
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I genuinely enjoyed this spin on a post apocalyptic world.

The author is no Anne Rice but she has fleshed out characters and an interesting plot. The series has strong adult female characters with just enough self-doubt to be believable. Often the genre is overrun with men or teenage girls who are filled with self-doubt. There are some predictable moments if you pick up on the clues. Overall a very entertaining series.
Debbie Poole
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ending series

When l first started these books ,l thought ok l not sure l want to read these,but l kept pushing forward,and wow l am so glad l did, they are beyond good, l loved the stories ,love the characters,in fact l can see reading all again someday,not many books leave that yearn in me for more, but believe me when l tell you they are well worth the read.,amazing authors, with amazing imagination well done ladies
Carrie Garza
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series of books about the end of the world as we know it. Granted, it is a bit of a stretch. I have heard that we do not use a significant amount of our brain, so the concept of having access to areas not before known is a possible. Suspend your need to understand and the story works. It reads well. Very few typos to distract you. Well written, developed characters. Very entertaining. I feel like I am in withdrawal. I hate that it is over.
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If I could give 10 stars for this series, I would! It pains me that I have to say goodbye to Dani, Zoe, Jason, Jake & Annie. I HOPE that the authors write World Before & also World After so I can continue to enjoy their adventures.
Andrea
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding series that was hard to put down!

Great character development and slick transition between books. I am hoping someone will make this a series for TV. I can imagine the great characters and plots in my head transitioning to the small screen!
Tracy Parker
Ending

Didn’t want it to end. Happy not so happy ending. Zoe and Dani and Great friendship role models. This was a good series.
Sue Ben-Dor
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept me reading

I loved the story in spite of the many problems with the series such as missing words, incorrect spellings and grammer and perhaps too many pat situations.
Theresa Swanson
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read!

The entire series is amazing. Please write more! So very good from start to finish, book 1 to book 4!
Dave T
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great ending to an amazing series.

I just finished reading this for the second time and love it just as much as the first. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Dawn
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hooked

Was hooked on this series from the word go. Every evening was spent indulging in The End! These characters will be missed...
  • The Ending Beginnings: Jake (The Ending, #0.4)
  • Blackballing the Dead (The Famished Trilogy #2.5)
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)
  • The Truth is Contagious (The Contagium, #4)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • Redaction: The Meltdown (Redaction, #2)
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • Where We Stand (Life After War, #6)
  • Thane's Redemption (The Song, #1)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • Alive (Crave, #1)
  • The Future Without Hope (The World Without End, #3)
  • Fury Rising (Dark Inside #3)
  • Fighting Grief (Knockout, #1)
  • A New World: Untold Stories
  • Children of the Apocalypse
Like The Ending Series on Facebook
Like Lindsey on Facebook
Lindsey's website

Lindsey Fairleigh lives her life with one foot in a book—as long as that book transports her to a magical world or bends the rules of science. Her novels, from post-apocalyptic to time travel and historical fantasy, always offer up a hearty dose of unreality, along with plenty of adventure and romance. When she’s not workin
More about Lindsey Fairleigh

The Ending (4 books)
  • After The Ending (The Ending #1)
  • Into The Fire (The Ending, #2)
  • Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be