Start by marking “Before the Dawn (The Ending, #4)” as Want to Read:
Before the Dawn (The Ending, #4)

Before the Dawn

(The Ending #4)

A year ago, the Virus killed off most people in the world.

A year ago, strange things started happening to those who survived. Some of them transformed into something dark and sinister, while others evolved, becoming something more, something beyond human.

A year ago, Dani and Zoe were lost. They traversed the country to find one another, losing some of the peop
Published November 20th 2015 by L2 Books (first published November 11th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Before the Dawn, please sign up.
Lindsey Pogue Hi Lisa! So sorry I just saw your question. It will be out later this year, although I'm not sure when pre-order will be available. HOWEVER, I'll be…moreHi Lisa! So sorry I just saw your question. It will be out later this year, although I'm not sure when pre-order will be available. HOWEVER, I'll be sure to keep you posted if you decide you want to follow us on FB or sign up for our newsletter. Here are the links in case you're interested. So happy you're enjoying the book :)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AfterTheEndi...
Newsletter - https://www.facebook.com/AfterTheEndi...(less)

Start your review of Before the Dawn (The Ending, #4)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Before the Dawn is book four in The Ending series by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by the author. I started this series with the six prequels and instantly fell in love. Then, when I began the actual series, my love turned to obsession. I have been waiting for a long time for the finale and this book was everything I wanted it to be, and more. I have been with the characters of this book as they evolved from kids to
Dianne
The Virus. Most people were killed, but a few, became ‘more.’ Imbued with growing talents, they were the survivors, they became the hunted as others became evil personified and one crazed and power hungry man wanted them all under his control, as any cost. This is another episode in the fight to survive, to live and to re-build a world nearly drained of its very soul, the greatest battle is coming and one vision tells them it will be here, Before the Dawn. Prepare yourselves for the final showdown be ...more
Anita Boakes
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
read all books waiting to start reading book4 awesome can't put books down,so well written,BEFORE THE DAWN is next just finished reading OUT OF THE ASHES, give them a go, I guarantee you will want to keep reading more.
Jenni Lind
Before the Dawn by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue is the fourth and final full novel in The Ending series.

This entire series (and accompanying novellas) is something I stumbled across in January 2014 and have happily devoured. While the entire series is amazing I think this final book is just perfect. Without spoilers, this book has so much going on but manages to stay on a clear overall line and give you the best parts of each character that you've grown to love (or love to hate) throughout all
C
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin? I don't want to write this review because it means that the Ending Series has come to an end. I have followed this series and have fallen in love with each and every character.

This was probably the best book in the series - hands down. We finally learn so much more and questions are answered.

I am beyond happy with how this book ended. Am I pissed it ended, hell yes! I wish it could go on forever. However, like all good things, it must come to an end.
K.A. Duggan
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am so sad that The Ending series has come to an end!
I read the first 3 novels in quick succession and eagerly awaited this fourth installment. It didn't disappoint!
Every book in this series had me gripped.
The authors are fantastic at pulling you in and not letting you go. There are so many emotions, conflicts and challenges but the 'family' are united. The characters are well written, so much so that I never could decide who I loved more (especially between Jake and Jason).<
Cary Morton
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I can honestly say that I was somewhat surprised by this book. I’ll admit, the third book in the series was probably my least favorite, and reading the third and fourth book in the span of just a few days had me a little burned out. I went into the fourth book full of trepidation that it was going to be yet another long drag through a narrative where very little happened. Luckily, that
Boxy Frown
For the full First Look,head over to Heroes and Heartbreakers!

Before the Dawn delivers with action, adventure, resolution, and drama in a huge way!

Mylia Muse
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-versions
A wonderful finale to a wonderful series. I'm going to miss them!
Megan
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Suzanne
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing from the last book, the group is finally settled on a homestead in California near the town where they grew up. They are settling in and focusing less on day to day survival and more on making roots and flourishing but of course they have to keep their guard up since there is always something or someone looking to take it all away.

The group experiences love, loss and the addition of new members to their family. Through it all the bonds of love they have formed are strong a
Jennifer Ducharme
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you love apocalyptic stories, I highly recommend this series. It can be a bit slow at some points (hence the 4 star rating) but overall it's an interesting read. Lots of characters but a good cast of main ones for you to identify with and root for. It's a different mix of action, love stories, dystopian scenery and science. Definitely recommend.
Nadara
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This may have been my favorite of the four books. I enjoyed watching the characters adapt to their new lives, and fight to keep them.

This entire series is a fun ride filled with adventure, love, and loss, and ended with all of that plus celebration of everything they made it through.
John Cuthbert
Underwhelming

There were a few points that got the emotions rising however I mostly continued reading to complete the series... to be honest, I’m disappointed.
Angie Garcia
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story

Couldn't wait to get to the next, and the next and the next and then the last. Wonderful story written from the perspective of each of the primary characters. I highly recommend even if you don't like apocalyptic stories. This series has a different twist and I was intrigued from the start.
Jan Mcclung-short
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey hit a homerun with this series. I read the first book and was intrigued enough to read more. The second book really seizes your heart and captivates you to finish the book quickly. I couldn't have stopped reading if I wanted to. The women in this book are very strong characters. They enable the men to be more powerful with their "abilities." Abilities are skills that you were given with the end of the world. The world was destroyed by a virus that killed over three fourths of all people. ...more
Lisa
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Complex characters (and a lot of them) that showed tremdous growth throughout the series turn a good story into something you don't want to put down. This series has the perfect combination of action, adventure, sci-fi and romance (even if the romance was bit too easy and obvious) that is age-appropriate for young adult on.
Sherri McCartney
Before the Dawn

Wonderful heart warming , lots of adventure, and no zombies! I like reading about things that could happen and what people need to do for their lives. People still find love and friendships.
Carly Kirk
I enjoyed the series up until the very end of the book. Things just felt very rushed to be done and then bam, it was all over... It would have been nice to have an epilogue that gave a glimpse into everyone's lives some time down the road now that all the threats had been taken care of...
Kristi Davis
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great ending. World building.
T. Jackson
Great read.
Really great story. Loved the characters.
Fantastic Story. Could not put it down.
Cheryl
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book as much as the others -- in fact, I re-read ALL of them (the main three) before reading this finale so I could really enjoy it. Thank you for such an engaging and enjoyable series!
Carrie
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed how this series ended.

Great read!
Lisa
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Augh! Not a satisfying ending by any stretch of the imagination. This series begged for an epilogue of at least a year later. After spending four books with the characters, the reader needs some sort of idea that things are going to go well and the characters are going to have a good life now. Since every other time, something bad ends up coming along, this really was a necessity.

On to the story...

As it stands, with four books, they have done nothing but run around findin
Ginny
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before The Dawn is the conclusion to the After the Ending series. There were a lot of story-lines to wrap up and questions to answer but authors Lindsey Pogue and Lindsey Fairleigh did a phenomenal job of finishing off the series with a bang! There is a lot of excitement, character development, and personal growth in the story. We get more involved with our entire group of favorite (Zoe, Dani, Jason, Jake, Harper, Chris, Sanchez, and the rest of the gang). A lot of series falter when trying to c ...more
Suzanne
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Beverly Freida
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ending Series - books 1-4

I truly enjoyed this series of "THE ENDING", I found it a quick read and without long drawn out battle scenes and few yet tasteful love scenes. I did however grow rather bored with the character of Dani and her never-ending guilt trips. I found myself thinking - oh not again - get over it, stand up and get on with it. Other than that I had a difficult time putting this down to attend to lives necessary duties. Thank you for the really good read.

Michele
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I was very sad to see this series end, this is one of the most intriguing scenarios that I've encountered in the dystopian genre. The authors truly captured the essence and personality of so many of the men and women (and children!) in this book. Considering the unique path each person took before and after the Ending, the transitions and adaptations they experienced and grew with were well written. Naturally, I would have loved to know more about the next generation, but all good things m ...more
Cozy
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I genuinely enjoyed this spin on a post apocalyptic world.

The author is no Anne Rice but she has fleshed out characters and an interesting plot. The series has strong adult female characters with just enough self-doubt to be believable. Often the genre is overrun with men or teenage girls who are filled with self-doubt. There are some predictable moments if you pick up on the clues. Overall a very entertaining series.
Carrie Garza
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series of books about the end of the world as we know it. Granted, it is a bit of a stretch. I have heard that we do not use a significant amount of our brain, so the concept of having access to areas not before known is a possible. Suspend your need to understand and the story works. It reads well. Very few typos to distract you. Well written, developed characters. Very entertaining. I feel like I am in withdrawal. I hate that it is over.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Out Of The Ashes (The Ending Series, #3)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Jake & Clara (The Ending, #0.6)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Clara (The Ending, #0.5)
  • The Darkest Winter (Savage North Chronicles #1)
  • The Longest Night (Savage North Chronicles #0.5)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Jake (The Ending, #0.4)
  • Turmoil: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Days of Want Series Book Three)
  • Freezing Point (After the Shift #1)
  • Hunted: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Days of Want Series Book Two)
  • Things Fall Down (Jack Archer Post Apocalyptic Survival #1)
  • MELT - MELT Book 1: (A Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor #1)
  • Shock Wave (Jack Archer Post Apocalyptic Survival #2)
  • BURN - Melt Book 4: (A Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series)
  • Redeemed (Sins of Our Ancestors #3)
  • Suppressed (Sins of Our Ancestors #2)
  • The Immune: Omnibus Edition (The Immune, #1-4)
  • The Last Sanctuary Omnibus: The Complete Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series
Like The Ending Series on Facebook
Like Lindsey on Facebook
Lindsey's website

Lindsey Fairleigh lives her life with one foot in a book—as long as that book transports her to a magical world or bends the rules of science. Her novels, from post-apocalyptic to time

The Ending (4 books)
  • After The Ending (The Ending, #1)
  • Into The Fire (The Ending Series)
  • Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)