Start by marking “Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)” as Want to Read:
Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)

Out Of The Ashes

(The Ending #3)

Hope brought them together, but it's now fear that drives them...and threatens to tear them apart.

Zoe and her companions succeeded in rescuing Dani from the Colony. But not without sacrifice. Beaten and broken, they head west, determined to leave behind the torment and horrors they experienced in Colorado.

As Dani and Zoe make the perilous trek home
Published August 23rd 2014 by L2 Books

To ask other readers questions about Out Of The Ashes, please sign up.
MJ I've always thought flying, teleporting, strength, speed... but if I can't have them all, I'm thinking I'd choose Dani's ability of talking to the…moreI've always thought flying, teleporting, strength, speed... but if I can't have them all, I'm thinking I'd choose Dani's ability of talking to the animals (& people). (less)

Start your review of Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo ending1_zpsfda9c5ba.jpg

Out Of The Ashes is book three in The Ending series by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue. This book/series has left me completely breathless. I feel like I just ran a marathon. (Or maybe that’s because I frequently read while on the treadmill!) I have loved this series from the beginning and that has not changed, maybe even gotten stronger, as this third book takes us deeper than ever before into the minds and hearts of the characters I have so grown to love.

photo campfire_zpsoiu6wnmb.jpg

We start right out where the
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**4.25 Who Am I Stars

WTF was that ending?? And now I have to wait a few months for the next book in the series...UGH.

Yoo Hooooo....Ms Fairleigh....*waving hand ---- I would LOVE an ARC RIGHT NOW!! ;-)

So, again we follow the story of Zoe and Dani and it looks like they finally are ready to settle down and will hopefully be out of the danger...but really? Now what kind of Apocalypse book would be without drama and safety?

This one is told from the POV of Dani
Dianne
Hold your breath, take a running start and get ready to be cannonballed right into the action! Out of the Ashes by that dynamic writing duo of Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue is another multi-faceted, white-knuckle tale of life after the end of the world as we know it. Zoe is back, her memory gone and hope is fading for the return of her over-the-top personality and determination. Even Dani can’t get through to her and Jake is suffering at the loss of the woman he loves. Their trek is getting mor ...more
Cary Morton
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Let me preface this review by saying that I adore this series as a whole--I've been following it from the moment I was sent the ARC of the first book--but this installment to the series wasn't my favorite. It's been more than a year since I read the second book in The Ending series, so going into Out of the Ashes by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue, I had a bit of a hard time sinking
Ireland
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just can't get enough of these books...

I love these books, and I've recommended them to a number of people. The storyline is a bit hard to follow at times due to an almost overwhelming number of characters, but it's pulled together so well that I still give it four stars. There is quite a bit of offensive language in it, but it would ruin the character's credibility and continuity if left out. Each book ends with a cliffhanger and leaves me desperate for more. The characters are so well-writt
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Wow, is all I have to say, the wait to read this beauty was definitely worth it.

This novel continues the tale of best friends Zoe and Dani and their group through a world effected by a virus. This new addition is a wonderful way to further the series, the characters have grown so much, you forget that they are much older than the reader assumes, the fact that they are adults and they have hopes and dreams that can't be reached pulls at the heart strings and makes this novel so much m
Boxy Frown
For the full review, go to Miss Boxy Frown!

It's hard to keep spoilers out of the review, so I will have to keep it short and sweet. This was another great epic entry into the series. The roller coaster ride of the new world centered around the lives of Dani and Zoe is a wild one with twists, turns, and unexpected drops. We no longer have young ladies, we have women of the new frontier leading the way back to their hometown. As secrets and lies are uncovered along the way, so are there beautif
Krista
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continues the good standard

It kept me interested the whole time and had great character development. Duller than then the previous books it set everything into perspective and set it up very rapidly for the next book in the series. Not my favorite in the series but I’m still enjoying it.
Sheila gullick
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the the forth one and still can’t but it down
Amanda
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my favorite book in the series, but it does give background to some characters. The plot is not anywhere near as active as the first two books; this one is mostly just about story.
Heidi | Paper Safari Book Blog
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Free from the Colony, Zoe, Dani and their crew of other lost souls continue to make their way across the country. They are in search of a place to call home, a safe place where they don't have to sleep with one eye open anymore and be able to try to build a life. Zoe is still struggling with the effects of whatever happened to her during her escape from Clara the psycho girl who keeps trying to kill her and Dani seems to be losing herself to her animal friends. In addition to the every day strug ...more
Joan
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Story continues right where book 2 leaves off and keeps the storyline going strong. You continue to learn more about the characters and their pasts. They are moving forward to the coast and looking forward to settling down which seems to bring more problems into their group. The story is still very engaging, keeps you on your toes and you can't wait till 2015 to find out what is coming next. Great series.
Heather Reed
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not my normal read but after book 1 had to read 2...and then 3. I really like the characters and the story is interesting and not predictable. Will definitely read book 4 when it is released.
T. Jackson
Great read.
Really great story. Loved the characters.
Fantastic Story. Could not put it down.
Lauren Larsen
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m sad to say that’s I’m really disappointed in this book. It really didn’t pull me in and make me want to read it all in one sitting like the previous two. There was no excitement, adventure, or character development. It was just so sloooow sometimes and really choppy other times. I was unimpressed and won’t be reading the final book. Bummer! I really wanted to love it as much as the other two!
Ashley Estrada
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book #3 picks up from where book #2 left off, in the middle of rescuing Zoe. Total twist in the end of book #2 leading to book #3, can't say I mind it. The twist readily hyped up the story and brought out true colors of character. The book kept me in the edge of my seat. Excited to ready the last book, book #4, but also sad since their series has been amazing.
Suzanne
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story continues right where book 2 leaves off and keeps going strong. Lots more to learn about the characters and their pasts as they move towards the coast looking forward to finally settling down. Not as much action in this one as it's more focused on character development.

Another cliff hanger ending! Onto the next book in this great apocalyptic series.
Tracy Parker
Friendship

These books show true friendship. The good and the bad. Living through the apocalypse can certainly strain relationships, and our besties in this book have their moments.
KARYN  RASSEL
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of the Ashes

This was a great continuation of the series. Can't wait for the next one to read. Each book is more exciting than the last.
Karyn
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this Ser! I don't want it to end!!
BarbaraH
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Third book in Ending series and I am enjoying reading every bit of it. Great Author and good characters combine to make a great read!
Heather
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
3rd one of serious and is very good too. All the books get you sucked in and you want to keep reading more
Holly Marion
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

Love all the characters. Very well written. You feel like you are part of this band of people traveling across the country trying to survive.
Heidi R.
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have no words! Just that this series is sooooo good and I can’t wait to read the last book!!
Karen Graham ballinger
Good Series

I've enjoyed every book so far in this series and am looking forward to starting the next one. These books are definitely worth reading.
Alejandra
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a pleasure

Still it surprises me how well done this series is. Little complaints here and there, but overall great story. You will be happy reading it!
Meagan Hasted
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Amazing series, loved the first two books i couldn't put them down. Third book was a little slower, but the ending was definitely a cliffhanger...cant wait to read the next one!
☆Joycedale☆
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
That ending omg! I was really wondering about that after the talk with Dr Weasley. And poor Biggs, Sarah and Ky :( that gave me all the feels.
Miss Wendy A Hayes
Great

Found this book as good as the other two. Will be reading the next book straight away as want to see how the characters are doing!
Dave T
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series.

This is my second time through this series and I still find it very difficult to put each book down.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Ending Beginnings: Jake (The Ending, #0.4)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • Blackballing the Dead (The Famished Trilogy #2.5)
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • Redaction: The Meltdown (Redaction, #2)
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)
  • The Brothers (Breeders, #4)
  • Shattered Dreams (Life After War Book 7)
  • Bleeker Hill
  • Cyborgs: More Than Machines: Books 1 -3
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • The Ruin of the World (The World Without End, #4)
  • Carmine: Rise of the Warrior Queen (Carmine, #1; The Outlaw, #5)
  • Immurement (Undergrounders, #1)
  • Trust (The 1000 Revolution, #4)
  • Switch (New World, #1)
  • Until We End
Like The Ending Series on Facebook
Like Lindsey on Facebook
Lindsey's website

Lindsey Fairleigh lives her life with one foot in a book—as long as that book transports her to a magical world or bends the rules of science. Her novels, from post-apocalyptic to time

The Ending (4 books)
  • After The Ending (The Ending, #1)
  • Into The Fire (The Ending Series)
  • Before The Dawn (The Ending Series, #4)