Start by marking “Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)” as Want to Read:
Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)

Out Of The Ashes

(The Ending #3)

Hope brought them together, but it's now fear that drives them...and threatens to tear them apart.

Zoe and her companions succeeded in rescuing Dani from the Colony. But not without sacrifice. Beaten and broken, they head west, determined to leave behind the torment and horrors they experienced in Colorado.

As Dani and Zoe make the perilous trek home to Bodega Bay, they lear
Published August 23rd 2014 by L2 Books

To ask other readers questions about Out Of The Ashes, please sign up.
MJ I've always thought flying, teleporting, strength, speed... but if I can't have them all, I'm thinking I'd choose Dani's ability of talking to the ani…moreI've always thought flying, teleporting, strength, speed... but if I can't have them all, I'm thinking I'd choose Dani's ability of talking to the animals (& people). (less)

Start your review of Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo ending1_zpsfda9c5ba.jpg

Out Of The Ashes is book three in The Ending series by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue. This book/series has left me completely breathless. I feel like I just ran a marathon. (Or maybe that’s because I frequently read while on the treadmill!) I have loved this series from the beginning and that has not changed, maybe even gotten stronger, as this third book takes us deeper than ever before into the minds and hearts of the characters I have so grown to love.

photo campfire_zpsoiu6wnmb.jpg

We start right out where
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**4.25 Who Am I Stars

WTF was that ending?? And now I have to wait a few months for the next book in the series...UGH.

Yoo Hooooo....Ms Fairleigh....*waving hand ---- I would LOVE an ARC RIGHT NOW!! ;-)

So, again we follow the story of Zoe and Dani and it looks like they finally are ready to settle down and will hopefully be out of the danger...but really? Now what kind of Apocalypse book would be without drama and safety?

This one is told from the POV of Dani, Zoe and now we get a look into Jake's
Dianne
Hold your breath, take a running start and get ready to be cannonballed right into the action! Out of the Ashes by that dynamic writing duo of Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue is another multi-faceted, white-knuckle tale of life after the end of the world as we know it. Zoe is back, her memory gone and hope is fading for the return of her over-the-top personality and determination. Even Dani can’t get through to her and Jake is suffering at the loss of the woman he loves. Their trek is gettin ...more
Cary Morton
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Let me preface this review by saying that I adore this series as a whole--I've been following it from the moment I was sent the ARC of the first book--but this installment to the series wasn't my favorite. It's been more than a year since I read the second book in The Ending series, so going into Out of the Ashes by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue, I had a bit of a hard time sinking in. Like Zo
Ireland
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just can't get enough of these books...

I love these books, and I've recommended them to a number of people. The storyline is a bit hard to follow at times due to an almost overwhelming number of characters, but it's pulled together so well that I still give it four stars. There is quite a bit of offensive language in it, but it would ruin the character's credibility and continuity if left out. Each book ends with a cliffhanger and leaves me desperate for more. The characters are so well-writte
Dee Ownbey
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
So much happened in this book! So much stuff I wasn’t expecting. Still loving this series!
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Wow, is all I have to say, the wait to read this beauty was definitely worth it.

This novel continues the tale of best friends Zoe and Dani and their group through a world effected by a virus. This new addition is a wonderful way to further the series, the characters have grown so much, you forget that they are much older than the reader assumes, the fact that they are adults and they have hopes and dreams that can't be reached pulls at the heart strings and makes this novel so much more relateab
Boxy Frown
For the full review, go to Miss Boxy Frown!

It's hard to keep spoilers out of the review, so I will have to keep it short and sweet. This was another great epic entry into the series. The roller coaster ride of the new world centered around the lives of Dani and Zoe is a wild one with twists, turns, and unexpected drops. We no longer have young ladies, we have women of the new frontier leading the way back to their hometown. As secrets and lies are uncovered along the way, so are there beautiful
Krista
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continues the good standard

It kept me interested the whole time and had great character development. Duller than then the previous books it set everything into perspective and set it up very rapidly for the next book in the series. Not my favorite in the series but I’m still enjoying it.
Sheila gullick
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the the forth one and still can’t but it down
Amanda
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my favorite book in the series, but it does give background to some characters. The plot is not anywhere near as active as the first two books; this one is mostly just about story.
Doris
Oct 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars... on to the next. Will give a review when am done with the serries.
Heidi | Paper Safari Book Blog
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Free from the Colony, Zoe, Dani and their crew of other lost souls continue to make their way across the country. They are in search of a place to call home, a safe place where they don't have to sleep with one eye open anymore and be able to try to build a life. Zoe is still struggling with the effects of whatever happened to her during her escape from Clara the psycho girl who keeps trying to kill her and Dani seems to be losing herself to her animal friends. In addition to the every day strug ...more
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
So this is the third book in the ‘The Ending’ series. This one didn’t have as much action as the others. As I see it, it was more of the calm before the storm book. So a lot of things were uncovered and found out in this book. We find out who the monitors are, Jason, Zoe, Dani and Grayson are all back home in Bodega Bay. Things seem quite pleasant, until of course the cliff hanger at the end. That’s when you know things are about to get serious in the 4th and final book of the series. Welp time ...more
Joan
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Story continues right where book 2 leaves off and keeps the storyline going strong. You continue to learn more about the characters and their pasts. They are moving forward to the coast and looking forward to settling down which seems to bring more problems into their group. The story is still very engaging, keeps you on your toes and you can't wait till 2015 to find out what is coming next. Great series.
T. Jackson
Great read.
Really great story. Loved the characters.
Fantastic Story. Could not put it down.
Heather Reed
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not my normal read but after book 1 had to read 2...and then 3. I really like the characters and the story is interesting and not predictable. Will definitely read book 4 when it is released.
Lauren Larsen
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m sad to say that’s I’m really disappointed in this book. It really didn’t pull me in and make me want to read it all in one sitting like the previous two. There was no excitement, adventure, or character development. It was just so sloooow sometimes and really choppy other times. I was unimpressed and won’t be reading the final book. Bummer! I really wanted to love it as much as the other two!
Ashley Estrada
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book #3 picks up from where book #2 left off, in the middle of rescuing Zoe. Total twist in the end of book #2 leading to book #3, can't say I mind it. The twist readily hyped up the story and brought out true colors of character. The book kept me in the edge of my seat. Excited to ready the last book, book #4, but also sad since their series has been amazing.
Suzanne
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story continues right where book 2 leaves off and keeps going strong. Lots more to learn about the characters and their pasts as they move towards the coast looking forward to finally settling down. Not as much action in this one as it's more focused on character development.

Another cliff hanger ending! Onto the next book in this great apocalyptic series.
Brandi
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Still hooked after two books - had to keep going to find out the rest of the story. Where book two leaves off you are deeply engaged and invested in the story of the wayward survivors.

More surprises and adventures await and you find yourself catching your breath as you wait for problems to be solved and solutions to be discovered.
Tracy Parker
Friendship

These books show true friendship. The good and the bad. Living through the apocalypse can certainly strain relationships, and our besties in this book have their moments.
Harmony T.
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
In some ways this book was different from the rest. It seemed more psychological and less thrilling overall. I like the multi-character story telling and how in depth Zoe and Dani’s characters are detailed. The ending was a bit unexpected and I look forward to the next book in the series.
Theresa Swanson
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read

So very good. Read the series, you will not regret it. Suspense, action, drama, romance, it has it all! Read!!!
Meagan Hasted
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Amazing series, loved the first two books i couldn't put them down. Third book was a little slower, but the ending was definitely a cliffhanger...cant wait to read the next one!
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this Ser! I don't want it to end!!
Dave T
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series.

This is my second time through this series and I still find it very difficult to put each book down.
Lindy
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three

Characters and dead some didn't. I found myself turning pages without reading. I will read the last book for the conclusion to find much needed answers.
Holly Marion
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

Love all the characters. Very well written. You feel like you are part of this band of people traveling across the country trying to survive.
Miss Wendy A Hayes
Great

Found this book as good as the other two. Will be reading the next book straight away as want to see how the characters are doing!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: two listings for this book 3 11 Sep 11, 2020 06:09AM

• The Darkest Winter (Savage North Chronicles #1)
  • Midnight Sun (Savage North Chronicles #2)
  • Fading Shadows (Savage North)
  • The Ending Series: The Complete Series (The Ending #1-#4)
  • Beginnings: The Ending Series Origin Stories
  • The Longest Night (Savage North Chronicles #0.5)
  • Untamed (Savage North Chronicles #3)
  • Edge of Defiance (Edge of Collapse, #5)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Clara (The Ending, #0.5)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • World Departed (Cascadia, #1)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Jake & Clara (The Ending, #0.6)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Jake (The Ending, #0.4)
  • The Loudest Silence (Oklahoma Wastelands, #1)
  • The Brightest Darkness (Oklahoma Wastelands, #2)
Become a Patron
Like Lindsey on Facebook
Lindsey's website

Lindsey Fairleigh is a bestselling Science Fiction and Fantasy author who lives her life with one foot in a book—so long as that book transports her to a magical world or bends the rules of science. Her novels, from Post-apocalyptic to Time Travel Romance, always offer up a hearty dose of unreality, along with plenty of

The Ending (4 books)
  • After the Ending (The Ending Series, #1)
  • Into The Fire (The Ending #2)
  • Before The Dawn (The Ending Series, #4)