Start by marking “Beast in Shining Armor (A Kinda Fairytale, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beast in Shining Armor (A Kinda Fairytale, #2)

Beast in Shining Armor

(A Kinda Fairytale #2)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B00EIAUD0K

Beauty vs. Beast…

Contestant One: Avenant is a handsome prince with a dark side. There’s a beast inside of him, always waiting to get out. All his life, he’s been labeled a monster and he’s done his best to live up to his Bad reputation. His parents hated him, his fairytale kingdom fears him, and now he’s been dragged into court. Ag
Published August 12th 2013 by Star Turtle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beast in Shining Armor, please sign up.
Elizabeth Gannon Yes, there will be a 3rd book in the series. Cassie is working on it, but has no ETA on when it might be released.

Start your review of Beast in Shining Armor (A Kinda Fairytale, #2)
Gavin
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This second book in Cassandra Gannon's A Kinda Fairytale series was every bit as fun and enjoyable as the first instalment. The characters are likeable, the world is a ton of fun, the humour is hilarious, and even the romance is good!

With the Westlands saved the Tuesday Share Circle crew turn their attention to the Northlands. Prince Avenant wants his kingdom back! Scarlet tries for a peaceful solution but Avenant, arrogant as always, makes things difficult by demanding a contest for the crown.
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad that Ilona Andrews recommended this series, it's been such a joy to read and I love the way Cassandra Gannon has used so many familiar characters but created her own world and a completely unique story for them. While each book is about a different main couple and works as a stand alone romance I'd definitely recommend reading the series in order so you can get to know all the recurring side characters and learn about the world.

We met Prince Avenant in the first book, he was a member
Erin O'Roark
Yet another book that had me until the last few pages.

Minor spoilers ahead so beware!

I'll never understand how something can start out so funny, entertaining and whimsical all to end in a pile of rushed icky sweet cheesy garbage.

I'm SO disappointed in multiple different ways but I only need to speak about one:

The baby at the end.

"One year later" begins the last chapter and proceeds to explain how in that time, Belle gets married and pops a baby out and SOMEHOW their sex drive is exactly the sam
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
I don't even know where to begin with singing this book's praises. Here's a quick rundown:

✔️ 10000% safe, with a hero and heroine who actually are implied to be each other's firsts (at age 28, I might add)

✔️ A (blond) hero who's completely obsessed with the heroine and has been since kindergarten

✔️ A heroine who sent the hero to prison and stole his throne, setting up a delicious enemies-to-lovers situation

✔️ Great sexual tension matched only by the absolutely laugh-out-loud witty banter

✔️ A fab
Linda Kage
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this Kinda Fairytale series, but I think I liked this one even more!!

Remake of Beauty and the Beast, this version had the two knowing each other since Kindergarten, which I adored because we got to see them grow up together! It made their journey to a happily ever after more epic.

And conceited, arrogant, highbrow jerk that Avenant was, he still won me over because he worked through all his issues to be with Belle.

This story had more angst but still some of the humor I
Maqluba
That was great. This book had me laughing my butt off start to finish and that makes me one satisfied reader. Sure the hero was a bit mopey and sure the emotional stuff tended to be a little melodramatic, but you know what? I forgive a lot if you can make me laugh and this did just that.
Can't wait to read what else this author has for me!
Beans
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Woah this is now one of my favorite Enemies to lover stories EVER! The back & forth/banter was so fun to read.

In this world there are Good folks & Bad folks, Bella is Good & Avenant was born bad. Since he was born he was a disappointment to his parents & his kingdom since he was born with a beast. Avenant was raised very poorly so it left him having a huge wall around his feelings/heart leaving him protecting it by being cold hearted & mean ..... except to belle 👀

Avanant & belle have this consta
LianaReads blog
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great characters and love story
Rose Hastings
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohmagod Avenant and Bella are so damn cute together. Their relationship is literally what every girl wants. Well, what I have always wanted.

We met Avenant in Scarlett and Marrok's story. He was in prison because he had been overthrown by Rosabella Aria Ashman, a bookshop owner and the only person who was brave enough to stand up to Avenant, a fact that infuriated and amused Avenant at the same time. Letty convinces Avenant to try and win back his kingdom in a legal way and Avenant begrudgingly a
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fantasy
Avenant is the Prince who was born 'bad' with a beast inside him. Belle is good and has been butting heads with Avenant since kindergarten when he stole her crayons. Over the years Avenant has ruined Belle's birthday parties, prom, taking Mother Goose's show off the air, etc.

Bella fights back by taking Avenant to court. He gets thrown in jail with the other 'baddies' at the Wicked, Ugly and Bad Mental Health Treatment Center and Maximum Security Prison. Belle gets his kingdom.

After Avenant escap
Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷
Stephanie (Jump)
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars
So I actually started with this story first, but novel #1 is my favourite of the two. For 2 main reasons, 1) the leads were just more interesting and fun.

Our handsome prince is one of Letty's friend from Tuesday Share Circle. We are given hints to his story in book 1, but I got to say his holier-than-thou comments - which were some of his best lines - were so much better in book 1. In book 2 he is more just the jealous lovesick "villain".

Belle comes off so one note - always so good. Lett
Aparajita Mukherjee
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
An age old romance... yet so ingeniously written... A smart yet soft heroine, a snarky yet romantic hero, a salacious yet serious love story... a perfect combination.
Two words: Loved It
Duanur
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
*3.5*
I'm rounding up my 3.5 to 4 since I don't want to mess up this book's avarage rating.

Not as good as the other two but still very fun. Since this is a Beauty and the Beast retelling, I was expecting to like this more but alas. It was a fun, quick read. Maybe a little too quick. I wanted to like Avenant and Belle as a couple more and the plot was a bit weak in this one.
Third book is the best book in the series, in my opinion. I loved Cassandra Gannon's writing so I will probably try her other
Gena
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A 3.5* but I rounded up. Only because it takes so long for Belle and Avenant to reach their happy ending. We see flashbacks to get to know each of them but after awhile I wanted the misunderstandings to be over. I did enjoy each character though.

Note: there are a lot of grammar mistakes and misplaced words.
Tiszka
Sep 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
It's such a cute, feel-good book! ...more
Amber Smith
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book as much as the first one. It was funny and very well written. I can’t wait to read the last one!
Uvi

Such a cute book 😉 it had me laughing the entire time. Beauty and the beast with a Great love/ hate twist and a tad of angst with super cute lovey moments. Can’t go wrong with this light-hearted read and it’s free on KU.
Andrea
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I met Avenant in Letty's book, I didn't really care for him. So, when I read this gem I was thrown for a loop. This book was great and I laughed out loud a lot. I'm patiently waiting for Esmerelda's book! ...more
Yvette
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much! I just wanted to wrap Avenant up and protect him from the world. Him and Bella were perfect for each other. I enjoyed every page of this book. Also, I hope we find out what happens to Esmeralda in wonderland.
Marcella
What a hot twist on Beauty and the Beast.
I'll be honest though, I overlooked a lot of things and just enjoyed the humor, romance and cheesiness of it all.
Avenant was my type of guy. Born Bad (the whole concept of Bad and Good was just rubbish prejudice and hypocrisy) and raised knowing it everyday of his life, he struggles to maintain control over his beast. With parents that abuse and remind him of his downfalls daily he's always been lonely and assured that no one could ever love a beast. It d
Michelle
Maybe just a tad too cheesy for me but when a book has a fairytale setting, is a beauty and the beast retelling, and an enemies-to-lovers relationship, you gotsta jump on it fast :)

Rec from booktuber Lacey of laceybooklovers!
Elz
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read Book 3 after it was highly recommended by my favourite author Ilona Andrews, and loved it so much I went back to read Books 1 and 2. They were okay but the one thing that jumped out for me was that both books were in desperate need of an editor. There were so many spelling mistakes which kept throwing me off. I really think that it is a basic requirement for an author to ensure your books have no spelling mistakes. After all, readers are spending their hard earned money on your work.
Bungluna
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
This one didn't grab me as much as the previous one in the series. The story of Bel and Prince Avenant, who have been combatants since kindergarten, just didn't show the whimsy and humor that I know this author is capable of. I enjoyed most of it, except for the dreaded epilogue with the (view spoiler)

I really hope that the author gives us Esmeralda's story to round off the series.
JJH--Judy
5 stars. Pretty much a continuation from the first book of the series. I helps to read that one to understand the character's background, but I don't feel it is totally necessary. Again, I really enjoyed the characters, and the interesting take on established fairy tales. Really funny, and nicely spicy. Author definitely going on my favorite list.

Just reread. One of my favorites
Kristina
finished the book in one day, i really enjoyed the humor and the enemies to love thing between the couple. i highly recommend this book to everyone who likes light paranormal beauty and the beast\ love hate relationship.
Shelby Brynn
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I gave the first two stars but then I read this one. Idk what is wrong with me, but they're free on kindle unlimited and I like the bones of these books. There's just aspects that make me the book feel slimy in some places. I think I liked this one a little better than the first. Maybe. ...more
Coyora Dokusho
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed LATER, in the middle of a SPREE.

Hahahaha it was so good. There were so many typos. It was so funny though!!! SEQUEL!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Snow Queen's Captive (Once Upon a Time Travel, #3)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • The Beast's Bride (Once Upon a Time Travel, #2)
  • The Contortionist (Harrow Faire, #1)
  • Bass-Ackwards
  • Homebound
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • The Puppeteer (Harrow Faire, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Knight (Once Upon a Time Travel, #1)
  • When She Purrs (Risdaverse #3)
  • Madness of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar #3)
  • Land of the Beautiful Dead
  • The E.T. Guy (Office Aliens, #1)
  • How the Hitman Stole Christmas
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
  • Ten Thousand Stitches (Regency Faerie Tales, #2)
  • The Clown (Harrow Faire, #3)
  • Unseen Beauty

A Kinda Fairytale (4 books)
  • Wicked Ugly Bad (A Kinda Fairytale, #1)
  • The Kingpin of Camelot (A Kinda Fairytale, #3)
  • Best Knight Ever (A Kinda Fairytale #4)