Start by marking “Lailah (The Styclar Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lailah (The Styclar Saga, #1)

Lailah

(The Styclar Saga #1)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  1,301 Ratings  ·  324 Reviews
The girl knows she’s different. She doesn’t age. She has no family. She has visions of a past life, but no clear clues as to what she is, or where she comes from. But there is a face in her dreams – a light that breaks through the darkness. She knows his name is Gabriel.

On her way home from work, the girl encounters an injured stranger whose name is Jonah. Soon, she will u
Published October 7th 2014 by Feiwel and Friends (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lailah, please sign up.
Nikki Kelly Yes robokitty (great handle btw) is correct - the prologue is set in the 1800s and told in third person - chapter one then opens in the present day…moreYes robokitty (great handle btw) is correct - the prologue is set in the 1800s and told in third person - chapter one then opens in the present day and the story is told from first person perspective the whole way through :) (less)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Anytime a Big Bad vamp bites through a pregnant angel's stomach and infects the baby with its venom in the first few pages of a book, it's a pretty clear indicator of what you're in for.

If that sounds awesome to you, then, hey, you might love LAILAH by Nikki Kelly.

BUT . . . if you're like me and think that's just about as cornball as it can get . . . you are not wrong.

Francesca doesn't know what she is, she only knows that she cannot die. If she's injured badly enough, s
Mary
Negative One Star

Before I start, let me say that had I carefully read this galley description, I would have never picked this book up. Why? Wattpad. I’ve never read anything good on Wattpad. Granted, I know that those are typically first drafts and therefore get a LOT more leeway from me.

But this book has a publisher. So guess what?

So prepare for the longest review I've written because I feel it is my obligation to warn you about this book. It’s terrible. It’s just awful. I regret reading this
Giselle
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, ebook
I really REALLY wanted to love this one. A girl with mysterious powers who doesn't age and can apparently never truly die!? What's not cool about that? If it wasn't for the infinite details that bogged the plot down to a snail's pace, it might have fared better with me, but my interest quickly waned and kept dropping until I found myself skimming the last few chapters.

I love a book that immediately throws you in the action like Lailah does, grabbing your attention with all the excitement, but i
Alyssa

Book One of the Styclar series
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date: October 7, 2014
Rating: 1 star
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Over one million Wattpad readers have made Lailah a sensation!

Beth  (YA Books Central)

In the crossfire between good and evil, love and hate, and life and death, the girl learns her name: Lailah. But when the lines between black and white begin to blur, where in the spectrum will she find her place? And with whom?

I am not even sure where to start....This book was so amazing on so many levels. I have not really enjoyed a vampire novel since the Twilight series and have really been wanting to read one so when I saw this book on Goodreads...I thought I would give it a try...and I a
Booknut
A cross between Lauren Kate's Fallen and The Vampire Diaries, Lailah is a mixed bag of romance meets cheesiness.

A 'human' girl has lived multiple lives and can't remember the details of any of them clearly.

Sound familiar?

She can't choose between two hot guys who she feels a 'pull' towards, like they're smexy fishermen and she's a fish they've caught on their line.

Sound familiar?

Everyone wants her. Angels, demons, paranormal creatures of the night...she's the chess-piece everyone wants to get the
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Read the full review @ A Perfection Called Books

Just when I thought the paranormal scene was dead (no pun intended), the glorious Nikki Kelly brought it back to life with a fascinating and creepy tale. The protagonist, Lailah, doesn't know who or what she is. She doesn't age, and whenever she dies, she mysteriously wakes up again. The only thing she does remember is a name matched with a face in her dreams, Gabriel. Thrust into a harrowing situation, Lailah becomes immersed in a fight of good ve
Ksenia
There's a reason this has been so popular on Wattpad: new angel and vampire mythology plus Lailah trying to figure out who, and what, she is! Definitely some twists and turns involved that kept me up last night.
Nora
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Whoever likes paranormal that isn't super mainstream.
"Lighting streaked and forked into three, the thunder pounded in waves of two, and the silence fell at once"
That is the first line. Now let's all take a moment to admire it's perfection. . . . . . Okay. Now we've all shown are greatest respect to that sliver of beauty in a world of darkness, I can now go on to the actual review.

Lailah is not what I expected. When I heard angels and vampires(let me just I'm not into vampire books. There it's done) I did not think of what the reality of this bo
Mizuki
Sep 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars, it is as bad as reading Fallen I jumped for this book the second I saw 'vampire' on the backcover, but turned out the MCs are so flat and boring I could not even get myself to read the book from word to word, will avoid this series in the future!
Martina Boone
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LAILAH takes vampires and angels, adds a deliciously wicked twist or six, and turns everything you thought you knew inside out. If you’ve ever loved a paranormal tale, you don’t want to miss this one!
Melissa Cushing
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Clearly I am giving this Amazing book 5 STARS!!! I would give it 10 Stars if I was allowed! This is one of the best books that I have read in a LONG time! Amazing! This book seriously had me guessing through out a lot of it and I am so torn with the love triangle!!! OK.... it really is not this easy to tear me up when it comes to who I want a main character to "be" with.... but I am still on the fence at the end of this Fabulous novel! I was totally team "Jonah" for whatever reason...... he appe ...more
Giselle
We have a teenage girl who happens to have a power that lets her see her past lives with no memory as to how she got there. All she has is a man's face and she feels a lot for him. When she ends up saving a vampire of the night, her life takes a sudden turn and finds who she is looking for, the man from her visions. In a journey to find the truth she realizes she might not just be human as she thought she was.

The prologue in the beginning intrigued me so much and it set the flow of he story nice
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

This book was incredibly infuriating yet at the same time, it let me down. It could have been incredible yet it wasn’t . All that potential down the drain.

Doesn’t the idea of a girl who has no idea who she is but knows she cannot die intrigue you? Doesn’t it make you want to know more? Let me tell you, you do NOT want to know more about this girl and the drama that is her life.

For starters, I just want to rant about the amount of materialis
Kazza
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA paranormal romance lovers
Shelves: fantasy
Read this book on Wattpad. Warning: reading this book might transform you into a Styhard (fan of the Styclar Saga).

It's the old boy meets girl, girl falls for boy - except that a) both boy and girl are not human, b) there's another boy involved and c) it isn't as straightforward as that. In fact, everything in the book isn't as straightforward as that. The plot twists will surprise you, and leave you thinking, "Well, I never saw THAT coming!".

This is probably the only romance book where I couldn
Dark Faerie Tales
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Interesting YA paranormal featuring vampires. While I didn’t love everything about it, I still ended up really enjoying this unique story!

Opening Sentence: Lightening streaked and forked into three, the thunder pounded in wave of two, and the silence fell at once.

The Review:

Francesca or better known as Cessie knows two things — that for some reason she can’t die and she is not human. For over two hundred years she has traveled the earth tryi
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
OMG, I LOVED THIS!!!!

description

At first I was a little skeptical because of the insta-love and yes, a love triangle.

description

BUT... I am telling you it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I know a lot of people either loved it or hated it. But I find myself in the category that LOVED LAILAH, absolutely loved it, and both of the HIGHLY addicting HOT guys! :)

4.5 Stars

Okay, I have to keep it real and tell you about some of the reservations I had about LAILAH in the beginning. I was so excited for LAILAH when I first heard
Jess
DNF at 30% (I tried-ish)

I’ve gotten to a stage in life where I’ve pushed the stomaching of vampire tales just too far. There’s only so much a person can take and I’ve just about overdone my share and am ready to hurl the excess.

Angel and vampires in one book. Interesting. A mysterious narrator—that’s something. A great premise—fantastic, though a little beefed up. What more could I want? Apparently less of the annoying and more of the actual action.

Granted, who am I to judge? I didn’t exac
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I received an ARC of this title from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

Here's the thing about Lailah: your overall enjoyment of the novel will depend greatly on what kind of expectations you had going into the book. Based on that cover, I initially expected some serious creepy.  Then I read the synopsis and realized this was going to be a paranormal romance focused on the battle between good and evil. So,
Anasheh Satoorian
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book left me speechless!!!! Can't believe that I have to wait so long for book 2! :D Review to come during the Blog Tour in October!
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
4.5/5 stars

This was hella good story telling. There are so many great things about this one I'm going to have trouble holding my thoughts until October!
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book and read an interview with Jonah, go to the post in our website:

Lailah (The Styclar Saga #1) by Nikki Kelly

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 5 stars

Review:

You know those stories that shatter your books world with its awesomeness? I find them the hardest to review because I'm not sure I could find all the right
Dana Cuadrado
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Received an ARC for an honest review from Publisher*
Lailah is a debut from Nikki Kelly that originated on the website Wattpad. Lailah is a young adult paranormal that has both vampires and angels. Lailah is action packed and full romance. It was a lot darker than I was expecting it to be, right from the prologue. There is a bit of a love triangle. I am still conflicted about it though. Jonah and Gabriel are fantastic characters. Lailah is a fall release that you need to check out. I read it sup
Beth
Lailah left me with a series book hangover! I was utter blown away and am still reeling days later.

Angels and Demons, good and evil and that entire wonderful gray in between, Kelly created a marvelously dark, gritty and extremely vivid story about a girl named Cessie. It is like nothing I’ve ever read before. I became enraptured in Kelly’s story telling immediately and left still wanting more. Amazing world building! Kelly has masterfully written an action packed, emotional jarring story that wi
Lori Goldstein
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you know me, you likely know my love of all things bloodsucking. Starting with the VAMPIRE LESTAT when I was a kid and continuing through today with my (obsessive) love for the Vampire Diaries, vamps are my thing. So you know I was jumping up and down when I received an ARC of LAILAH. You will hear many say this is a unique spin on the world of vampires and angels. And it *is*. But it's so much more than that. It takes great characters to make a story—new or not—work, and that's what LAILAH h ...more
Nasty Lady MJ
To see full DNF round up click here.

Yeah, I came into this one not really feeling it-I heard things. And I came out sort of like, well, that was unexpected.

I’ll be frank, I’m not tired of vampires or angels. I know that both paranormal creatures have been overplayed, but done right it still can be interesting.

With Lailah it wasn’t interested. It wasn’t even boring. I was just confused.

It’s probably not the best to throw a reader into the midst of battle when they have no idea what is going on. N
Claudine Patterson
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing , right from the start it captures your interest. I was totally hooked , just by reading the prologue all i wanted to know was what happened next . I am not going to go into detail about the content of the book , all i am going to say is , it has lots of suspense, a love interest and a twist at the end you wouldn't see coming . Believe me reading this book will not leave you disappointed.
Angie
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lailah is an intriguing story that captures your imagination from the very first page. A definite page turner that holds your breath with each page your turn. A story about mythical creatures discovering the dark side in the light. A power struggle between good and evil, love and hate, life and death. The more I read, the harder it became to put the book down.
Octavia
Well hot damn. Nikki, this kicked all my expectations in the butt, out a window and in front of a speeding semi truck! Full review to come soon but y'all go pre-order it...NOW!
Becca Fowler (PivotBookTotes)
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dearest Lailah,

Oh boy! Or should I say boys? I think that's more appropriate for you! I've never ever ever found myself so torn between two guys in a book. I have absolutely no clue who I want Lailah to choose: the Angel, Gabriel, or the Vampire, Jonah. *fans self* Seriously, throughout your entirety I was going back and forth! I couldn't blame Lailah for doing the same thing! So for now, I'm going to say I'm on the fence on who I want your characters to end up with.

Let's back up a bit, and tal
  • Blood Orange Soda
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • The Fire Artist
  • Firebug (Firebug, #1)
  • The Dark World (Dark World, #1)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Velvet (Velvet, #1)
  • Salt & Storm (Salt & Storm, #1)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Rogue (The Beloved, #2)
  • Such Sweet Sorrow
  • Oathbreaker (The Godhunter, #3)
  • Dead Girl Walking (Royal Reaper #1)
  • Salt (Salt, #1)
  • The Well's End (The Well's End, #1)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Chevalier (Ondine Quartet, #2.2)
I was born and raised only minutes away from the chocolately scent of Cadbury World in Birmingham, England. So it will probably come as no surprise that when I'm not dreaming in Vampires & Angels, I dream in chocolate! For the past ten years I have lived in West London with my hubby and two dogs, Alfie - the Pug & Goose - the Chihuahua.
LAILAH is my debut novel, and first launched in serial

The Styclar Saga (3 books)
  • Gabriel (The Styclar Saga, #2)
  • Jonah (The Styclar Saga, #3)
“Sabía que el mal venía en las formas más maravillosas. Era más fácil corromper de esa manera.” 3 likes