Start by marking “Give Me Hope (Reason, #2)” as Want to Read:
Give Me Hope (Reason, #2)

Give Me Hope

(Reason #2)

***This is BOOK 2 in The Reason Series and is the Follow-up to Amazon Angels & Devils and Demons BestSeller Give Me Reason. This is a Novella and it is Highly Recommended that you read Give Me Reason before starting Give Me Hope***

IT's LIVE ON AMAZON! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GNFKEXY

An Angel is he...

From the first moment he saw her, MIKAH BLAKE was seized by an inex
Published November 13th 2013 by Zoey Derrick (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Give Me Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Me Hope

Ange
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I received the ARC for Give Me Hope, I jumped straight in because I was so excited to find out what happened to Vivienne after the cliff-hanger ending in Give Me Reason! I even pushed past car sickness and kept reading on my iPhone! (with my head practically out the window guzzling down fresh air!)

Vivienne had just been attacked by her murderous ex-boyfriend at the end of GMR; Give Me Hope takes off from there, and I can honestly say the scenes with the sadistic douche, were spine chilling
Jennifer Lubow
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of this book!! And once again I am in LOVE!!!
This is shaping up to be a great series.

This installment was all about Mikah. We learn (along with him) about what he is. And just as I suspected while reading the first book…He is great & I can’t wait to learn more.

I can’t wait to see Mikah & Vivi together….And as the great Barney Stinson would say….I can see these two being LEGEN……………wait for it…………….DARY!!!

Anxiously awaiting the rest of this seri
Tracy Holowczenko
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have quickly become a huge fan of Zoey Derrick's writing. I was blessed with an ARC copy (2nd in a series)of Give Me Hope and I loved it. This is not a genre I usually read but I am absolutely hooked. The characters are unique and have great depth. They have touched me deeply. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Dianne

After the nail-biting, air-sucking cliff hanger of Give Me Reason, book two in the Reason series, Give Me Hope went above and beyond by plugging me in emotionally immediately, setting my skin crawling and my heart jack-hammering. Pregnant and brutally attacked once again by her ex-boyfriend, Vivienne is fighting for her life as a tormented Mikah watches over her comatose form.

This time, Zoey Derrick takes us inside Mikah’s mind, as we live out most of this story through his eyes and he comes t
Julie
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
No physical action in this 2nd book either but thankfully there is promise of things to come! This book is in Mikah's POV as Vivienne was severely beaten by Riley when Mikah finds her tied to the bed, barely alive. Finally Vivienne sees that Mikah gives her strength & comfort, makes her feel so safe that she barely lets him out of her sight which is super sweet. The downside is that Mikah is learning about his supernatural abilities which is a little dull. He discovers his mother was also li ...more
Tammy Bland
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for an honest review.

This is the second book in the series and as it does not leave you with the cliffhanger that the first one did...it still leaves you hanging. Zoey did throw in a little tease of the next book due out in December (normal wait time).

This is going to be short because I don't want to give too much of the story away.

This is Micha's story.

As he is holding vigil in the hospital beside Viv, he slowly discovers things about himself and his family. He is learning what
Jonel
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novel is actually more emotionally packed than the first of the series. Derrick tackles difficult subjects head on to create a shocking tale you won’t be able to put down even for a second. The dark undertones that Derrick works into her descriptions add a sense of urgency to this novel. She paints a dark world for her characters to live in, but also shows the cracks where light sets through.

Even though we got to know the main characters quite well in the first novel of this series, we get
Emily
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
The second in the Give Me series, taken from Mikah's point of view.

Mikah is restraining himself from doing the one thing he feels strongly about, swooping in and protecting Vivienne. Although Vivienne has asked for some space, Mikah still has been keeping an eye on her from afar. If it were not for his instincts, he may have never have found Vivienne hurt and in need of help.

This was a wonderful sequel. You get to learn more about Mikah and the mysterious marks on his back. He begins to evolve w
Joyce
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
"Received an ARC for an honest review.

I enjoyed reading this story but some of the scenes dragged a little for my taste but overall a decent read. Part 3 looks really good and I can't wait for that one.
DKristin
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-a-copy
3.5 stars, review to come...
Lissette
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ever since Vivienne Callahan entered his life, Mikah Blake's life has never been the same. The petite redhead has done a number on him, and he knows he'll never be able to get back to where he was before. Not that he wants to, mind you. Vivienne consumes his thoughts, his every waking moment. So much so, that he finds himself doing things he never thought he'd do.

Determined to make her life a much better place, Mikah has taken her under his wing. Granted, Vivienne doesn't want his charity. She's
Lustful Literature
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
**JOSIE'S REVIEW**

*4.5 Stars*

I was so excited to get my hands on this book!! After the way Give Me Reason ended, I needed it so bad!

In the first book we got to read Vivienne’s story, but most of this book is from Mikah’s POV. We get to look inside Mikah’s mind as he comes to the full realization and acceptance of who and what he is, and why he was drawn to Viv.

This book picks up from where the first one ended. Mikah has this nagging feeling that something is wrong with Vivienne and after speaki
Laura Greenwood
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Give Me Hope, book 2 of The Reason Series, in exchange for my review.

Having kept tabs on Vivienne since she ordered him out of her hospital room, Mikah gets a bad feeling the morning after Vivienne's visit from ex, Riley. Finding Vivienne in a pool of her own blood has Mikah ready to do anything to make sure she is safe, and his heart is almost ripped from his chest at the thought of losing Vivienne and her baby.
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Check out the great giveaway for the book tour at my blog, (a Kindle DX!!) also I have a cool excerpt to read as well. Click the button below to go to the post

I Really loved this 2nd book. I liked it a lot more than the first for sure, not because the first was bad or anything, just it was more a set up for the whole story. We get a lot of hot Mikah in this one, and I loved that. I loved that we get a lot more of the paranormal element in this one, where the first you just do know for sure.

I li
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
If you haven’t read the first book in Zoey Derrick’s Reason series, Give Me Reason, STOP READING THIS REVIEW NOW! For the rest of you, hold on to your seats! Remember all those cliffhanger questions we were left with? Well have no fear, Give Me Hope gives us those answers and then we get so much more after that. Vivienne is alive, but she shouldn’t be. Her evil ex Riley left her for dead after a brutal attack. What Vivienne went through was very hard to read, but knowing Mikah is again by her si ...more
Aarati
This book picks up right after the cliffhanger ending of Hive Me Reason. This is all from Mikah's POV.

With the help of Mikah Vivienne was moving forward in her life. Taking care of herself and her unborn child. But when the ugly past rears its head, will Vivienne survive?

Vivienne's ex, Riley has trashed her around and left her for dead. The only person who can save her is Mikah. When Mikah reaches her studi apartment, Mikah finds Vivienne unconscious and with no pulse. Afraid that she may be dea
Heather
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I want to start out my review by warning any potential reader that book one of the series should be read first for the reader to really understand book two.

Ex-boyfriend and con, Riley, has snuck into Vivienne’s apartment and beaten her to a pulp. Riley is the son of a wannabe politician and business man who is bent on covering his son’s evil doing. Carrying Riley’s baby and knowledge of his crimes, Vivienne is a liability he is willing to cover up at any cost, including her life.

Micah is the fir
Nina
It's probably a little late to write the review, but hell, the last three weeks were a blur of activity--mid terms, workshops, projects. It's the first time in days I'm able to sit down and check on my soc-med.

So, we finally find out what has happened to Viv. What makes me happy is that the book is written from Mikah's POV. That's good, because I like reading from the male's perspective.

Vivienne, in the first book, is injured because her ex finally finds her. In the second book, Mikah is holding
Denise Van plew
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given the priveledge to read this arc for a honest review. This being the second in this series and considering the first one was a nugget of gold in a reader's hunt for treasures I was in turn given a ruby. That is of course how I perceived this one while reading it and it is a gem for sure. This just keeps getting better and better as this series does indeed continue to ensnare me the reader. This one is Mikah and you see more of what is going on and some really fine conversations betwee ...more
Mary Lou Hoffman
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Category /Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy
Received from: Zoey Derrick (in exchange for an honest review)
Recommended for: 18+ due to violence and sexual tension
Grammar/editing: A – near perfect

This is book two in the Reason Series. These books definitely need to be read in order. If you have not yet read GIVE ME A REASON, I highly recommend that you stop now and go read it then come back here.
Riley has found Vivienne and he has left her for dead. As she recovers in the hospital, Mikah will not
Angie  McLain
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
This review will be short and sweet until I get full one written for release day!

I don't read paranormal romance as a rule, however I have recently discovered, that given the right story and author, you should never make assumptions.

I was honored with an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I loved Book #1 Give Me Reason, and when we begin Book #2 Give Me Hope, we pick up right where we had left off. Vivienne and Mikah's story is truly unique! Mystical and dramatic, with great
Stacie
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, new-adult
4.5 Angelic Stars! ;)

Okay, I am soo happy I was lucky enough to receive an arc of this book.

Give Me Hope starts right where Give Me Reason ended, except this book is all in Mikah's POV. Mikah's has this strange feeling in his back(where his wings are. Duh!) that something just isn't right with Vivienne and after some talking between himself and Detective Stevens, he heads over to her apartment. He finds a dead cop & a nearly dead Vivienne.

Most of the book Vivienne is unconcious, healing i
Jamie
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like Angels
Micah is an angel with an unexplainable urge to protect and help Viv. Viv doesn't get it and fights him every step. She doesn't want his pity, thinks someone like him wouldn't do it for any other reason. When her past rears it's ugly head again, will his love be enough to save her?

I was given the first and second books of this series for a blog tour, and while I think the two books may have been better as one, I really loved the story. Make sure that you buy both Give Me Reason & Give Me Hop
Sweets Books
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great second book to a series! And I loved how at the beginning the author put the last bit from the first book 'Give Me Reason' there, so we could be reminded of how it ended! I loved how the story flowed with ease at a steady pace. And if at all possible I love Mikah even more!

Mikah ~ The story is from his POV, and it picks up directly what GMR ended. It explains a lot of what he is struggling with internally. I wasn't really left going 'yay sure whatever!' You all know what I mean
Mandy
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Zoey. I don’t know what to say without spoiling things about the story. And the story is unfolding so nicely. I feel so vested in what happens to Viv and Mikah and the revelations in Give Me Hope have me angry that I have to wait for more of their story. Being impatient and wanting it all and wanting it now is what normally keeps me from reading novellas, but Zoey’s writing is amazing and I’m like an addict needing my next fix when it comes to her work.
Mikah and Vivienne’
Lorraine Montuori
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Give Me Hope picks up exactly where Give Me Reason leaves off, except this book is entirely from Mikah’s POV. There is a prologue in Give Me Reason that hints at possibilities beneath the surface of the story that are not explained until this book. And, I must say WOW to what was being hinted at. If you read the synopsis, it tells you outright what I’m talking about, but I’m not going to say it because I walked into it blind, and I thought it was more fun that way.

Normally, I avoid book
Lakisha Spletzer
The second novel in this series picks up where the first left off. [See my review of book #1 HERE]. There is never a dull moment in this story. I am completely invested in Vivienne and Mikah. Rooting for them both to make it through all the trials and tribulations that keep coming their way.

I've known and know people like Vivienne and I have nothing but respect for those that do their best when life deals them a horrible hand.

I hope that the bad guy(s) get what's coming to them and I hope that w
Mary Mooney
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the first book, Give Me Reason, where Micah finds Vivienne working in a cafe and barely surviving. He tries to help her but her pride gets in the way. It seems Vivienne is attacked and left for dead by Riley, that Micah finds her and he learns more about him being an angel. So now Vivienne is back in the hospital trying to survive once again. While Micah doesn't leave her side, he is having dreams and Vivienne and his mother are in them. He tries to grasp his new angel side a ...more
Terri Sullivan
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Give Me Hope (The Reason Series, Book 2)

In Book Two, you revisit the characters of Vivienne Callahan and Mikah Blake. With this story told by Mikah, in his own words, it gives us a little more on his thoughts and feelings toward Vivienne. After finding Vivienne in trouble, Mikah stays with her. He is giving her no choice this time. He is going to protect her and her baby no matter what.

Mikah begins to realize why he is having these feelings toward her. Will it be enough? Will he be able to prote
a_tiffyfit
Zoey Derrick hooked me with Finding Love's Wings, and then suckered me in more with Give Me Reason. And now with Give Me Hope, I'm just as attentive a reader as ever. We're back with Mikah and Vivienne. Vivienne is following Mikah and the doctor's suggestions to ensure she and her baby are healthy. Mikah is contacted by a Detective Stevens to see if he recognizes (actually they were checking to see if he was in cahoots with!) Vivienne's ex who is in town. Mikah rushes to Vivi's apartment where h ...more
  • Saving Rain (Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Nevermore (Guardians #2)
  • Touched by Light (The Sentinel, #3)
  • Prodigal Son (Truth Seers, #1)
  • Dreamwalker (Persephone's League of Immortals #1)
  • Midnight Revelations (Werelove #2)
  • Hers To Claim (Verdantia, #4)
  • Shattered Silence (Ghostly Rhapsody, #2)
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • Marked for Vengeance (Alyx Rayer Chronicles, #1)
  • Listed: Volume III (Listed, #3)
  • The Second Sign (The Second Sign, #1)
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • Possession of My Heart (The Three Immortal Blades, #2)
  • The Reflections of Queen Snow White
  • Voices of the Soul (Soul Seers, #1)
  • Seduced by Power (The Seduced Saga, #3)
  • Ditching the Drive-Thru
Best Selling Erotic, Paranormal and Contemporary Romance author Zoey Derrick comes from Glendale, Arizona. Zoey, was a mortgage underwriter by day and is now a romance and erotica novelist full-time. She writes stories as hot as the desert sun itself. It is this passion that drips off of her work, bringing excitement to anyone who enjoys a good and sensual love story.
Not only does she aim to take

Reason (4 books)
  • Give Me Reason (Reason, #1)
  • Give Me Desire (Reason, #3)
  • Give Me Love (Reason, #4)