Start by marking “These Things About Us” as Want to Read:
These Things About Us

These Things About Us

Antonia is leaving the last shards of her life in Tucson behind to find her mother and start over. Turns out that's easier said than done. London is a pretty big city, a hundred bucks don't get you far and you can't just make your past disappear.

When sweet and caring uni student Wesley gets her a job and a room in his father's pub, Tony is unprepared for his older brother
Published August 2nd 2013

Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
TTAU Collage

Holy hot damn. These Things About Us caught me majorly by surprise. I'm going to be honest, the cover didn't scream out at me, and the synopsis didn't grab me by the jugular and demand I read it, but I was asked to read it, and read it I did. No, that's wrong, I didn't read it. I DEVOURED IT. Basically in one sitting. At the end I wanted to punch myself in the face for procrastinating for days! This was a book that I spoonfed my toddler dinner with one hand, and had my kindle in the other hand r
Laura (Blame it on the Rain Reviews)
FOR MORE REVIEWS LIKE THIS ONE, CHECK OUT MY BLOG ~ BLAME IT ON THE RAIN REVIEWS

An intense, gritty read with an amazingly real feel to it, this debut novel is amazing! It left me wanting more and had me flying through it, it had a completely different feel to other books out there like it and I am desperate for more from this author!

I love that this book is set in the UK as it’s where I’m from and feel like ones that are often have a grittier feel to them because of that. Most books of this gen
Anna
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodies, na, arc
Antonia has gone to England with very little money to try and find her mother, who left her when she was 5 years old. She has very little information and happens upon a bar where she can hopefully use a phone and a phone book to try and narrow down her search. There she finds not just a phone, but a place to stay and a job as a waitress. She also finds the friendly and charming Wesley, and the hot but extremely moody Trace- two brothers who work in the bar their father owns. Tony has a past she ...more
Jessica
May 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
What. The. Fuck.

That ending sucks! The last chapter was heartbreaking so that's where epilogues come in right? They fix up every wrong and tie a big nice bow on the whole thing. But this ending? It's just plain sad. And a poor way to end a story. Where's the hope? So Tony just succumbs to her fathers wishes because she has a closet full of pretty clothes? That's just not right. Ugh I hate that I went in reading this book looking for a good read and I get this? I just can't believe that's all the
Megan
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty freaking good! Seriously though, what is with all of these books being set in the UK? I am totally not complaining… But let me tell you, I REALLY want to visit all of these places I read about and the UK is just so damn far and expensive!

Anyways! You don’t want to read about my travel ambitions sooo let’s talk about These Things About Us!

I absolutely loved Tony right away! I knew there was a bigger story to her past, but when I found out what it was and how her life use to b
BookHeroin
2 STARS ☆☆
These Things About Us BY : Laura Beege
Genres: Contemporary Romance

At first i gave this story 3 stars. Then i thought 2 stars is more than enough. I'm not trying to me mean so i'm sorry for advance; but honestly what was that?! Aside from the emptiness of the characters the story line was horrible. The style of writing was so Immature. It seems like this "writer" did't think about this whole "book" if you even can call it that. Or maybe she did, and if this was her best work then...
Fro
Jennifer Labelle
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was right into this book pretty much from the start, and I couldn't seem to stop reading it, despite Trace being a douche in the beginning. He certainly makes up for it later on. What made me rate this as an ok book at two stars, rather than higher, was because the ending was so depressing.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer a happily ever after finish and this story did not deliver it.

It left me wanting in the end to see Tony and Trace re-united. So she buys a concert ticket, what happens afte
Anusha
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I NEED A SEQUEL!!!
Z. Elizabeth
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Laura emailed me and asked me if I would like to read her book These Things About Us and be a part of her tour, well once I had read the synopsis, I said yes. A girl looking for her mum and wanting to forget her past life, a caring guy who takes her under his wing and a broken man who despises her from first sight. What isn’t there to love?

For a debut, Laura really sucks you into the story. From the synopsis, nothing is revealed and so throughout the book you keep thinking about Tony’s past
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog

These Things About Us by Laura Beege
Rated: 3.5-4 Stars
Genre: New Adult

Purchase These Things About Us

This book was unexpected. I was asked for an honest review by the author, Laura Beege, and the blurb sounded interesting so I gave it a shot. I love reading the work of a first time author. It’s like discovering diamond in a sand box. Corny analogy, I know, but I couldn’t think of anything better. This story is about a mafia princess of sorts, whose life crumbles in the wake of her father’s arrest
Carly (Lis les Livres)
Blog tour: http://lisleslivres.blogspot.com/2013...

Characters: Antonia "Tony" is very admirable and brave for trying to find her mother, go to a city completely unknown to her, and find a job and housing with complete strangers. I don't necessarily agree with all of the ways she goes about finding her mom, but I wonder how far any of us would go for love. She has justification for what she does,and in fact I feel sorry for her. Yet, she's nothing but selfless. Thank god Trace and Wes are there t
Jessica
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beege has written a really interesting and attention holding story in These Things About Us. While I was nervous because I felt the introduction to the characters was a tad shaky, the plot quickly sucked me in and didn't let me go until the very last page. Meeting Tony while she's lost in London was interesting. While I consider myself a pretty brave person, I draw the line at traveling to a foreign country by myself to look for a family member. This was the case with Tony. She is in London look ...more
Tina
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
These things about us is not your typical romance. American Tony is in London trying to find her mother who left her 13 years ago. Taken in and given a job and boarding at a pub we meet Wes, his dad Alex and moody as all hell Trace. This was different as slowly secrets were revealed and our heroine Tony is not at all like I first believed. I had a love/hate relationship with Trace as he was a douche 90% of the time. Not really knowing how things were going to end, I did find the ending unsatisfy ...more
Allisont
Jan 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was ok as far as it went, it's like a prequel but there is nothing to say there's at least another book to follow. If there isn't then it's quite disappointing.
Actually after reading the blog posting mentioned in another review http://laurabeegeblog.blogspot.co.uk/... I'll change my stars and say don't bother reading it!
Septima Snape
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A detailed review can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIFx9...

1 star +
characters: very interesting + 1 star
plot: not the regular but surprising! + 1 star
ever boring? not one second + 1 star
couldn't put it down: + 1 star

= 5 stars easily

This is a book I will definately reread lots of times.
Kathleen Peña
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Story line was a little different than the usual books I read so that was a plus. And the ending OMG, let's just say I cried. Didn't think it would end this way. Waiting and hoping for a sequel!!!
Dena
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-loved
What a great story. Definitely will cry, laugh, and keep reading. I need to find out more about these characters, there's got to be a happy ending.
Petra
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked it but I wanted more x
Toni
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I couldn't put it down, I hope the story continues... I was disappointed in the ending. I want more!
Lindsey
Great book. Cant wait for book 2
Karina
Jun 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Did not finish. Since I started this, it didn't rub me the right way. Plot felt half a$$ed, not solid all the way through at all. I looked at my Currents and thought, why am I still with this book and I don't even have the zeal to read another word. The heroine I don't find interesting and the environment is full of no descriptions whatsoever. Like just random events occurring all over?
Not my cup of tea.
Monica M
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, young-adult
I like it. Not the (view spoiler) like we've expecting in a YA romance. The heroine thankfully not some whiny, boycrazy, or weak girl.
What i dont like:
The part where she get closure from (view spoiler) but i understand why the story goes that way.
Sometimes the story feels a little rushed, like the last chapter involved Jean, i think its better if there was reintroduced part about
Anna Serra i Vidal
Put it in the YA shelf but it's more of a NA (new adult) as the sex (at the end) is very graphic and Tony or Antonia is fully 18. She runs from the US to London to find her mother but what she finds is not what she was hoping for.
She tries to be someone she hasn't been in a long time, but things don't go as she expected and at the end daddy is the only one she can ask for help. I would have liked a very different ending, something more in the line of her being the saviour and not just the victi
Joy
Oct 11, 2013 added it

Aw drat, downloaded it before I scrutinised the reviews more closely to find a cliffhanger ending, little wonder I love reviews. I truly detest cliffhangers and heads up to the reviewers who sent out the warning - its back on the shelf probably permanently since I suspect I'll forget about it with too many others on my TBR pile.
Randi Palmer
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I was really enjoying the book. It was great but the ending disappointed me a bit! Will there be another book? It wasn't a bad ending, kind of happy, it just left me wanting a little more. I guess you assume Tony will seek out Trace and find her HEA. Maybe a novella would be great just to satisfy everyone curiosity!!
Monika
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty poorly edited, which normally irritates me to no end when I'm trying to lose myself in a story. But this book was pretty amazing despite that. Even with the massive cliffhanger. I want a longer epilogue, dammit!
Rhonda Nash
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Love the storyline in this book. The only reason I am giving it a 3 star is because it left me hanging. I felt like the book should have had a better ending. Closure.. But other than that it was a cute story.
Cat
Oct 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Honestly the plot was a little dumb...and the main character was so naive, I wanted to smack her...but overall the story (if you could keep from rolling your eyes the entire time) was fairly quick and easy. I think there was one emotional bit that got me, but other than that...not my cup of tea.
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover Edition not showing up in Editions 1 17 Aug 13, 2013 08:53AM
  • Be Here Now
  • Saving Toby (Toby & Claudia Book 1)
  • Irresistible Lies
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Metal Urge
  • Can't Let Go
  • What Endures
  • Not Your Fault
  • Slick as Ides
  • Found (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Up For the Chase
  • The Art of Letting Go (Uni Files #1)
  • Spiral
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #3)
  • Broken (Save Me, #2)
  • Finding North (Naive Mistakes, #1)
  • Bare Assets