Start by marking “It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy” as Want to Read:
It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy

It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy

Jazzy secretly wants to get back together with her ex-boyfriend, Curtis, so when he calls and reveals that he’s got something important to tell her, she’s got no idea that he’s about to propose—to her first cousin and bitter rival, Mercedes.

The annual family dinner is coming up, and fearing that she will spend the evening seething while Mercedes flaunts her four carat enga
Published October 15th 2013 (first published October 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy

Read In Colour
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the funniest chick lit characters I've read. I'd love to see this developed into a series. I'd definitely buy it.
A.Z. Green
This review was done under Bit'N Book Promoters . http://bitnbookpromoters.blogspot.co....

Okay, I loved this book. It was so fun to read!
If I could sum it up in three things it would have to be: hilarious, sassy and batshit crazy. I mean those three (well four words) encompass about half the characters in this book.

Melissa Maygrove
Oh my gosh. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started this book. I giggled most of the way through. In fact, I laughed so hard in places, my husband came all the way from the front of the house to see what the ruckus was about! The author's descriptions are a hoot, and she certainly knows how pace a story and spin a plot that has surprises waiting around every bend.

But it wasn't all fun and games. Woven in between the exaggerations (for the sake of humor), there were real character lo
Kobby Gyampoh
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
With such a memorable and hilarious debut, Quanie Miller has established herself as Queen of HoodChick-lit.

Jasmine T. Peacock a.k.a YouTube Woman (famously known in San Jose for Dutty Wining in public) might not have the perfect life given that she's recently been dumped onto the dating market, but with family and friends/frenemies/neighbors of unforgettable (euphemism for wacko) characters her life is always a fun rollercoaster ride bordering on more highs than lows. Until her ex makes an unex
Romance Novels in Color
With her debut novel, It Ain’t Easy Being Jazzy, Ms. Quanie Miller has written a masterpiece. I absolutely love this book! Reality TV has nothing on the Peacock family. It’s filled with wild scenes like family members overlooking a mere detail of a grown man asking for lighter fluid and no one is barbequing, or calling the neighbors out in the middle of the street for engaging in extracurricular activities. When Jasmine T. Peacock describes her family as eccentric, she is absolutely correct; at ...more
Ginascozylibrary
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could not stop laughing while reading this book. Jazzy is a character who is quite easy to relate to and I could definitely imagine some of the antics she came up with after her ex got engaged to her cousin.. especially bringing in a much more handsome beau. Who wouldn't do the same thing!

There was definitely a certain kind of warm familiarity with the tone of this story. The author, Quanie Miller, uses several references which I found myself reminiscing about... especially when she mentioned
T. Beasley
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jasmine Peacock is having a hard time in It Ain’t Easy Being Jazzy by Quanie Miller. Jasmine was dating Curtis and is trying to get over wasting time on a man that didn’t want the same things. Jasmine soon finds out that Curtis has proposed to her cousin Mercedes, who happens to be her nemesis. Mercedes likes to drive Jazzy crazy and even more so when she asks her to be a bridesmaid.

Jasmine knows her time is coming especially when she meets Reggie Thomas. As things heat up with them Jasmine is b
Renee
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you love chick lit this is for you. I can say this is a romantic comedy at a high point. Truly funny Jazzy wants to reunite with Curtis, who is an ex boyfriend. It is sort of funny how I got totally excited when Curtis tells her he had news"that he needs to share. I was like oh my maybe they will get back together. NO and I am not giving spoilers but he is with her cousin Mercedes who she hates, and I in turn hate too!

The funniest part was when Jazzy meets Reggie and figures he can be her es
a_tiffyfit
Oh. My. Gosh. This book had me in STITCHES. I haven't laughed aloud so often since the last Stephanie Plum (by Janet Evanovich) book I read. This was like watching a Tyler Perry movie, with heartfelt moments between characters, emotional drama, hilarious drama queen moments, with mischief that Jazzy just should NOT be doing but is so hilarious while doing it, I had to put my kindle down a few times because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see the words any more!

Jazzy & her sister, Annie, a
Bit'N Book Tours
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Okay, I loved this book. It was so fun to read!

There's the prim, God-fearing aunt who clutches her pearl necklace and sprays random folk with holy water if she catches them doing something 'sinful' and who accidentally downloaded a virus on Jazzy's computer so whenever she opens it a naked man dressed in a Santa Claus
Smile 2 Day
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

This book was everything!!! It was filled with comedy and a dash of suspense and romance! If you're looking for a pick me up,this is your book! Too bad this author only has 2 books on Amazon,I've already read them both!!!
Kathleen
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Welcome to Jazzy's world where drama and craziness are the norm ... it ain't easy being Jazzy!

It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy is a hilarious chick lit / romantic comedy that will keep you in stitches. Set in San Jose, California, author Quanie Miller weaves an entertaining tale written in the first person narrative that follows sassy Louisiana-bred Jasmine "Jazzy" Peacock as she tries to move forward in her life, only to have to deal with crazy family situations, and a drama laden love triangle that i
Jessie
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
For more of my reviews, visit: https://boundtobeme.org

I'll be honest, it was difficult to get into this book. The writing style wasn't easy for me to fully enjoy. I felt like there was a lot of filler information that didn't really add anything to the main plot. A lot of it I couldn't relate to, some of it was funny, but overall this was the main reason I struggled getting into the book.

As you dig into the book, you realize the story is packed full of family dysfunction (who can't relate to that
Tanya Watt
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I was given It Ain’t Easy Being Jazzy for exchange of an honest review, and to be honest, I didn’t know how I was going to squeeze this book in at this time. But as I began reading it I realized something… If it’s something you like you always seem to find the time. Like in the bathroom… I had to go A LOT. Or in the car… Don’t worry I wasn’t driving.

I just couldn’t stop, this book is so funny, and the characters are addicting. I’m positive if you read this book you will laugh at least once.

You
JE
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
“It Ain’t Easy Being Jazzy” is the hilarious story of a young woman trying to get on with life while coping with her outspoken and wildly eccentric family. Jazzy herself is endearing, intuitive, funny, and really wants to get together with the love of her life – whoever that turns out to be. But she also has a rebellious streak, and she’s dealing with family and friends who hover just on the edge of crazy. Jazzy says or thinks things many of us have wanted to say but couldn’t, and she (usually) ...more
S. Hartley
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It Ain’t Easy Being Jazzy by Quanie Miller is an easy, laugh out loud funny read. Jasmine T. Peacock, Jazzy to her friends, is a witty and charming main character. When you add in the supporting cast you have one hilarious story. Although you will be holding your side with laughter, there is still plenty of friendship, romance, and mystery to fill the gaps between. This fun read centers around Jazzy moving past one relationship with an ex who is now engaged to her worst enemy, who just happens t ...more
Vondetta Carter
This is my 1st time reading this author. The characters are quirky with a lot of things happening all at once. I did laugh at the funny way their situations were happening.

Jazzy is a fiery young lady who has a "Mary Popponish" sister and a grandmother who borders on the line of seeming to be an OG. Jazzy hasn't had the best of luck in relationships and her 1st cousin seems to be her worst nemesis. The antics are over the top, but it does end on a better note than it began.

If what you have been r
Nikki Barrett
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Lightning bolts

Full of sass and humor, It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy takes you on an escape from reality for awhile. Though the story is full of family dysfunction and a bit of drama, I couldn't help but laugh and smile along at some of the situations. Jazzy is a great leading heroine and I could relate to her on many situations.

Sometimes, there were too many things going on at once, and it wasn't always clear who was talking and doing what, but for the most part, the story flowed well and kept
Cheryl Henson
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
An APB Perspective Review

I just finished reading this book last night and I don't think I've laughed so hard out loud in years. There is one scene at the dinner table that had me rolling on the floor. In fact, I had to put the book down a few times just to catch my breath. If you want to read a book that’s extremely funny and a little silly you will love this book.
Great read and very fun. Everything was thought out and while funny, this book will give you insight into relationships. Highly reco
Christie Stratos
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is literally the funniest book I've ever read. Every character is consistent all the way through and every paragraph has something hilarious in it, whether its due to Miller's clever turn of phrase or something funny being said or happening. The dialogue is so perfect that you'll practically be able to hear the characters speaking. I couldn't stop reading this, and I recommend it to everyone I know. Well written comedy is hard to find - this book is a treasure!
Nicole
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is crazy in a good way. It will crack you up and make you laugh so hard till you shed some tears (tears of laughter, mind you). Miller's debut novel has taken me through a hillarious journey with all the characters such as Jazzy and Serai. It's well edited with no gramatical errors or typos that give away the fact it's Quanie Miller's first novel. For further review go to http://bookwormsoul.blogspot.com/2013...
Burnita Bluitt
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a book with a unique and fresh slant on the romantic comedy, It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy is your book. Snappy, witty and fast paced, it kept me laughing from the first chapter. The funny first person narration takes you on a journey that is delightful. I'm a big Stephanie Plum fan, and I think with Quanie's debut novel, Janet Evanovich should know there's a new girl on the block.
Stephanie Faris
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy introduces us to a fun, spirited character named (of course!) Jazzy. I'm not exaggerating when I say Quanie is hilarious. Every scene is set up as a perfect comedy, with Jazzy and her associated friends and relatives keeping you entertained with each word. Even Jazzy's work situation will make you laugh out loud. I never did find out why her boss kept telling her to wind a dead clock! Read this book--you'll be glad you did!
MidnightAce
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
APB PERSPECTIVE REVIEW

Enjoyable read, full of comedy, Romantic triangle, and characters that at
times seemed out of touch with reality. The title is spot on, Jazzy is a hard a act to follow.

I laughed from beginning to end, but at times found it difficult to follow the plot.

I do look forward to more from this author.
Deloris
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
APB Perspective Reviews :

I laughed so hard while reading this book Jazzy and her crew were truly hilarious to read about . I felt this book was like romance comedy , heavy on the comedy. Some of the story was so crazy I had a hard time with it but it made me laugh so it was all in good time. I enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading other books by Quanie Miller .
ConSonia
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was pretty good overall I couldn't giv it a 5 becuz it carried on in several areas of the book but the hilarious factor was on point.
RaceTo230
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a light, funny, quick read. Just what I needed.
Diedre Knight
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It won't be easy to forget Jazzy! At once hilarious and heartbreaking, fast paced and loaded with twists that keep the reader alert and wondering, right to the very end!
Dahlia Savage
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book...hilarious! Why did I go and google "how to dutty wine"?
Mel
I don't usually read romantic comedies, but this was a great change! The cadence of the story was well done and even the subplot was hilarious.
Goodreads Reviewe...: * February 2016 - Sign Ups 9 96 Mar 08, 2017 12:38AM
Goodreads Reviewe...: February 2016 - It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy 1 14 Feb 08, 2016 06:00AM
I'm the author of The New Mrs. Collins, a southern paranormal novel, and It Ain't Easy Being Jazzy, a romantic comedy.
“It felt like I had run a 5k marathon, my hamstrings were killing me so bad.” 0 likes