Start by marking “The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work” as Want to Read:

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,425 Ratings  ·  195 Reviews
Matriarch Miss Kay, Korie, Missy, Jessica, and Lisa Robertson speak out in this insightful book about their roles in the crazy Robertson family and the core values that make this family work.

An Inside Look at the Robertson Women

In the pages of this book, you’ll find both fun and inspirational stories . . .

Kay shares the honest story of her relationship with Phil—and his
Published April 1st 2014 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about The Women of Duck Commander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Women of Duck Commander

Bridgit
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want dirty deets about the Robertson men, then this book is NOT for you! These women are not here to gossip, but did explain some of their struggles, however they spent a lot of time not only praising God, but praising their husbands and each other. They are wonderful examples of godly wives with awesome advice and consistently sharing their faith. 5 stars!!
Susan Snodgrass
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me say this right off the bat: I love Duck Dynasty. We never miss the show. Lots of folks call the Duck Men rednecks and they'd be true. But they are some of the nicest rednecks I've ever seen!

The Robertsons love God, plain and simple, and have built their lives around their faith. However, for Phil Robertson, life was not always about faith. He did a lot of rough living before coming to Christ. And Miss Kay stuck by him through all his rough living and disregard for family.

This book is told
Kristin
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it
This book offers a deeper look at these women, their faith, and families which I found humorous and inspirational; I admire the compassion this family has for its members and "others" in general. Their stories left me with a significantly more favorable impression of the Robertsons than I had from their show alone, which I understand is designed foremost for entertainment value. The family has a lot more to offer/teach than is presented on TV, and I'm glad they have a platform to share their his ...more
Kim
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is more about god and their faith in god than about their actual lives. For example Jessica hints at the fact that Jep almost didn't date her because of her past but never actually gets into what happened - Lisa - Allan's wife was the most forthcoming of them all which was strange considering she has never been on the show before except the last episode when she said I am Lisa, Allan's wife. I had no idea Jase's son were as old as they are but since they are not on the show either. Phi ...more
Maureen
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography, faith
Much better than I expected. The women are all honest - they laugh about their reputations as "gold diggers", since all of them married young: way before success or television came their way
One of the wives mentioned her husband skinning a few extra raccoons so they could buy clothes for their daughter to wear to school.

They are quite frank about their faith, and how they do not care how it looks to others on the outside.

the book was refreshing and a joy to read.
Crystal
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Pretty good book just not what I expected. Most of the book was spent talking about how great so and so was. Or how awesome their family is. Don't get me wrong it's nice to hear but I was more interested in hearing stories about their lives and their families lives, about experiences they have gone thru in life.
Gina
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
I find this family fascinating and enjoy watching the show. However, I didn't think this book was very well written. I am glad it wasn't a gossipy tell-all, but at the same time I found it repetitive and needing organization. Each of these women has an interesting story, but one short chapter each didn't do those stories justice.
Lindsey Riley
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, non-fiction
This book is full of great stuff... faith, family, food, and ducks!

Content-wise, this book deserved a five star review, but writing-wise, it only deserved four stars. I know a writer was employed to compose the book on behalf of the duck ladies, but she was sadly not that great.

I'm excited to read Phil and Jase's books now!
Barbara
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My boyfriiend gave me this book for my birthday, since we love watching this show together. Happily, it is not a wince inducing tell-all. Yet, reading these stories, you appreciate their faith, their strength, and their strong values. It was uplifting without being too heavy handed. bravo!
Mel
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
The women of the Robertson family tell how they met their husband's, the trials they've endured, and the strength they all have: through God, His Word, and each other. There were a few endearing stories, but compared to unPhiltered, this book just didn't do anything for me.
Dora
May 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was OK, but terribly repetitive. It could have been done in half the pages/chapters. Plus, the first section just read like a school assignment. I didn't really learn anything new about anyone, either. Disappointing.
Rebecca
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was a good read, but if you have read any of the other Robertson's books, this is very redundant- same stories, anecdotes, etc. It does, however, have Miss Kay's biscuit recipe....yum!
Trisha
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Probably my least favorite of all the Duck Dynasty books I've listened to so far... I enjoy the ones with the funny anecdotes - this was more serious/preachy and less fun.
Andrea Hussey
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
So we know about the men. "Duck Dynasty" fans can provide a brief character synopsis of each off their tongues. But what about the stylishly dressed dolls on their arms that appear to clash with their camo? We may see a brief “talking head” of the wives on the show, but we haven’t been able to truly tap into their head- until now.
Answers to those questions brewing in the heads of many are finally sufficed.

The BIG QUESTION: Are these women gold diggers?

Answer: Not a chance. It would surprise most
Katy Jane
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
1. I cried twice reading this book. Stories of miracles and salvation and the way God works in people's lives makes me emotional.
2. I've read all of the other Robertson books so far and loved all of them. I think it would be good to give this book to a struggling woman. Whether that be with her faith, her marriage, her children, or her place in the world. This is a very encouraging book that would really help a woman in need.
3. I liked the question and answer session in the back.
4. It was good
Judy Stasiak
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
While I found the book interesting, I also found the stories a bit repetitive--especially if you have read any of the other books written by the family. There were 'new' stories- just not quite what I had expected. I would describe the book as a series of short stories written by each wife--in other words, it is a page or two written by this wife, then it switches to the next wife and so on.

The book had a common "everything is positive and happy" theme. The ladies really convey that they see jus
Candielouhoo
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far this is by far the best book I have read that has been penned by any of the Robertson clan! These women are no holds barred the most honest and real women who seem to be telling things as they are whether they be good or bad, happy or sad! They are not afraid to say that Phil is a Hard man because they can back that statement with one as equally complementary as, that he is who he is and makes no apology! If he weren't that way he would not be the man we have grow to love and deeply respe ...more
Sharon
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was an uplifting, easy read...which in many ways I needed, especially after the last book I read.

I have a lot of respect for the women of the Duck Commander. I have only recently started watching "Duck Dynasty", but I love the family atmosphere. A quote on page 240 from Korie best describes my opinion on their show: "Some people have been surprised at our success; others are simply grateful to have a family-centered show that keeps the language clean, affirms traditional values, and ho
Morgan Duplechin
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
I LOVE Duck Dynasty! Every time I see one of the Duck Dynasty books I immediately grab it and start reading it knowing I'll love it before I finish it. This book was no exception. This book included tons of stories on the women of Duck Commander. I really enjoyed reading all of their stories and I loved learning more about the Robertson family and their faith and values. This book was a great read. Happy reading! ;)
Hannah
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! While I am a teenager and not a mother or wife I thought it gave me a great picture of how a God loving mother should be. I love how they incorporated stories about hard times in their lives. Its so amazing how much Faith and love for God these women have. I hope to be just as good as a mother as these ladies are. This book has encouraged me to be more friendly and open to people and to also spread God's word. What a great gift of Salvation he has given us.
Robin
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was pretty good. I have read some of the other books about the Robertson's and feel some of this was repetitive. They shared about their lives before becoming Robertson's and the families they came from. How they came from Christian families. They also shared some about their children. Most of what they shared about the family has been in previous books.
Bridgit
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want dirty deets about the Robertson men, then this book is NOT for you! These women are not here to gossip, but did explain some of their struggles, however they spent a lot of time not only praising God, but praising their husbands. They are wonderful examples of godly wives with awesome advice and consistently sharing their faith. 5 stars!!
Kristina Silverbears
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you can make it through the first half of this book it's worth it. The first half reads like a homework assignment. I appreciate that each woman's voice sounds somewhat unique, like they had more of a hand in writing it. Meeting Lisa ( Alan's wife) was nice, but it really made me curious about Si's missing wife.
Melissa
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-to
I've never watched Duck Dynasty, but after reading this, I'm going to! It was the perfect amount of their belief in God and their personal family's experiences - with a touch of humor! I love that the wives read their individual chapters too.
Jana
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Getting to know a bit more of the personal side

I can't say I was surprised by anything I read. I've been a fan of the show and it was nice to read a little more about the personal side of each of the women.
Jayme
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I listened to this as an audiobook and I really enjoyed it! It was read by all 5 ladies at various parts. It was nice to hear their perspectives on what has happened to their families, and they were very candid about the hardships that their relationships have been through.
Lisa
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another encouraging book summarizing the history if the Robertson clan. Focus on God and family. A very interesting read!
Brianna Peterson
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The stories, or more like miracles, are very moving. I love this family!
Rosemary Yakubowski
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another well written informative book on the family behind Duck Dynasty. Good read
  • Good Call: Reflections on Faith, Family, and Fowl
  • unPHILtered: The Way I See It
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Grace of God: What Honesty and Pain Taught Us About Faith, Family, and Forgiveness
  • A New Season: A Robertson Family Love Story of Brokenness and Redemption
  • Blessed, Blessed ... Blessed: The Untold Story of Our Family's Fight to Love Hard, Stay Strong, and Keep the Faith When Life Can't Be Fixed
  • The Duck Commander Family
  • Live Original: How the Duck Commander Teen Keeps It Real and Stays True to Her Values
  • The Duck Commander Devotional
  • Si-cology 1: Tales and Wisdom from Duck Dynasty’s Favorite Uncle
  • Pulling Back the Shades: Erotica, Intimacy, and the Longings of a Woman's Heart
  • Dancing for the Devil: One Woman's Dramatic and Divine Rescue from the Sex Industry
  • Still Growing: An Autobiography
  • The Language of Love and Respect: Cracking the Communication Code with Your Mate
  • Honestly: My Life and Stryper Revealed
  • Smith Wigglesworth: Apostle Of Faith
  • Storm: Hearing Jesus for the Times We Live In
  • The Cracker Queen: A Memoir of a Jagged, Joyful Life
  • Why I Don't Write Children's Literature
The matriarch of the "Duck Commander" family. Married to Phil Robertson.

There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.
More about Kay Robertson...
“God is always in the business of healing and restoration, no matter how bad the circumstances might be.” 3 likes
“12. Missy, did you ever think your life would turn out like this? Missy: Never in my wildest dreams. I knew I wanted to be used by God in big ways. I always prayed He would trust me enough to use me to make a difference in His Kingdom, but I never dreamed it would be through a cable television show, the number one cable television show in A&E network history, as of this writing! Ephesians 3:20–21 best describes how I feel: “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” It is not because of any power or wisdom we possess that this happened. It is all because of His power, His power working through us. What a dream come true!” 2 likes