Start by marking “Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden, #23)” as Want to Read:
Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden, #23)

Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden #23)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  732 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Trixie and her friends are stalked by a gray figure through the streets of London and across the English countryside, and questions arise concerning the connection between the stranger and Honey's old necklace.
Published October 1979 by Golden Press (first published 1979)

Be the first to ask a question about Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Queen's Necklace

Bonnie
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
5/28/16: A reread from 2008, I read a couple of friends' reviews and wondered if maybe I was too generous giving this one four stars. But I don't want to downgrade it to three. More like 3.5. I think I like it more than I thought, and more than most of my friends do. Yes, Trixie is pretty obnoxious in this one, but hey, she's 14. Yes, Miss Trask is a pod person in this one, but hey, she never gets any chance at romance in the series. She was probably just off her head. ;) I read this one because ...more
Deanna Anderson
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Bob-Whites are off again...this time to England! I enjoy this book and getting to visit England vicariously through my favorite characters and friends. This book is rare in that only 4 of the Bob-Whites fly to England with Miss Trask, Honey's former governor and current manager of the Wheeler Estate.

Typically, Jim, Mart, Honey, Brian, and Trixie are involved in every mystery....but in England their numbers are greatly reduced...but the adventures are still high stakes as the kids set out to
Lydia Dyslin
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
I thought this Trixie book was fun, exciting, and kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Sure, it was kind of predictable, but seeing the Bob-Whites in London and exploring England was fun. I have to say it was VERY unrealistic, and the author got lazy when he/she only put four of the Bob-Whites on the trip, but I loved hearing all about England, and there were very rarely infodumps. Four stars out of five!
Nicola
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the Trixie Belden books as a kid (nice to see they got republished). I'm still unsure how they ended up in my corner of the world. I slowly amassed the whole series as first editions (it seemed so glamourous as a kid owning precious books that were older than me!) by saving all my pocket money to buy them from the local secondhand store. I can only guess that some adult (probably having moved to our sleepy town from overseas) had sold them off in bulk. They sat in a back corner of the s ...more
Bailey Marissa
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
First off, I want to know which ghost writer thought it would be a good idea to Miss Track into...whatever that was. Not cool. Also, at this point, why do the BWotG always doubt Trixie? C'mon guys. We all know she's right.

This was interesting because Trixie, Honey, Jim, and Mart got to explore in England and we got to see the Jim/Mart friend dynamic that isn't really in Sleepyside.

Recommended 9/10+ for scary situations.
J.L. Day
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Cally73
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
It's been a long time since I've read this, but picked it for a re-read because I'll be visiting the areas of England where this book is set. I do recall delving into Romeo and Juliet after reading it the first time around.

Likes: The setting, some of the minor characters, supportive Mart - yes, still teasing but a lot more supportive of Trixie than some later books.

Dislikes: The "Nobody likes us because we're American tourists" spiel. Suck it up because it's not always about you. When it is abou
April Brown
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Ten and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer pre - air conditioning, pre - cell phone.

Written approximately? – 1979.

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight mention of the time frame of the story - a
Mark Baker
Trixie and part of the gang travel to England to trace Honey's family tree and learn about her recent inheritance. So why is Trixie seeing the same pickpocket everywhere they go? And is their guide trust worthy?

I was never a big fan of this one, but rereading it as an adult has made me realize just how bad it is. The characters aren't themselves, especially Trixie. And the plot is weak with a very rushed climax. Still, some of the new supporting characters are fun and a few scenes make this one
Naomi Blackburn
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that ...more
Karsyn
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
In contrast to most Trixie's, this is one of my least favorites. When they go off somewhere, it always seems more like a history lesson. This one wasn't as much, but still some. The mystery was good, but disliked everything with Miss Trask. The end she reveals why she was like that, but it was quite annoying. She talked down to Trixie and it just didn't fit her character at all. Plus, only Trixie & Honey going made it for a time of missing the Bobwhites!
Jo
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trixie-belden
I love the Trixie Belden and I really like the ones ware they are traveling and this is a really good one
Zeek
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This along with the Mystery in Arizona were my favorites in the series. Read this as a tween and i still remember them clearly!

(Looks like my love of travel started early! ;)
Bookend McGee
Jun 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
And just read it again before I went to London. Brilliant!
Miri
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Trixie, Honey, Jim and Mart are in England researching Honey's mother's family history and the history of a family heirloom.
Kim
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
book 23
Amanda
Jun 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
1st read: 8/13/11
K.L.
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, mystery, own, vintage
loved the mention of Stow on the Wold.... just down the road from mw?
Shelley
Feb 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2005, mystery, young-adult
This is my favorite of all the Trixie Belden books. Getting the gang out of their normal setting and into something a little more "exotic" makes for a fresh take on a long-running series.
Tara Calaby
The stereotypical portrayal of British people in this book is hilarious, as is the use of the word "bloody" in a series where the kids are careful to say "gleeps!" or "cripes!" or "jeepers!".
Joy Gerbode
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Oct 2013 ... not as much mystery here as there is travelog of England ... lots of fun.
Mell
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, ya
As a tween I lived vicariously through Trixie Belden and her many travels and adventures. I never seemed to be able to find any exciting mysteries in my school or suburban neighborhood.
Tacey
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story, for what it is, is well written; and it's got plenty of action. Despite being a "loud American" the four Bob Whites still make British friends. Miss Trask makes a friend, too.
Niki
Kim
Apr 12, 2008
ThenSingsMySoul
Jan 26, 2014
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #38)
  • Mystery of the Green Cat
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds (A Meg Mystery, #1)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery (Trixie Belden #3)
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)