Start by marking “Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll (Trixie Belden, #36)” as Want to Read:
Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll (Trixie Belden, #36)

Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll (Trixie Belden #36)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  391 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Delivering a doll to a mysterious antique dealer leads fourteen-year-old Trixie Belden to investigate a case of counterfeiting.
Published 1985 by Golden Press (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll

Mark Baker
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A new antique shop has opened in Sleepyside, and when Trixie and Honey visit the shop, they find Carl, the owner, rude. But Trixie really gets suspicious when he asks them to do him a favor on a weekend trip to Paris, and they find themselves being followed after doing it. What have they stumbled into?

While not among my least favorites in the series, I certainly do see the flaws. The plot drives the book more than logic and the author has to twist things around in pretty painful ways to get to t
Bailey Marissa
Trixie and Honey go to Paris and get involved with a counterfeiting ring. It's a strong plot, considering we're nearing the end and the apathy of the writer is growing.

Recommended 9/10+ for scary situations
J.L. Day
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Katherine
Feb 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Oh heck no! I love Trixie Belden books but there are a few things wrong with this one. Trixie a finalist in a spelling bee are you kidding me! Mart is bad at spelling? Yeah right he's the one who always uses fancy words. Trixie is smart enough she would know not to pick up a random package from Paris for a stranger. Right at the end, Trixie knitting and not forced too. This book just kind of lacked the good old mystery I love about this series and messed up how I think the characters should be.
Bonnie
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, even if they weren't my favorites, I give 37 of the 39 books in the series at least 4 stars (really liked it). But this book (and #38) get 3 stars. I can never decide which one I dislike more. Trixie and Honey go to Paris and somehow get conned into taking a mysterious package back home with them? Are they really that gullible (read: stupid)? Trixie knitting? And liking it? Trixie and Honey serious contenders in a spelling bee? What did we ever do before the mall? Ugh, ugh, ugh! This book ...more
Joy Gerbode
Another good Trixie Belden story, with the gang working together to help people and to solve a mystery. This mystery is a little far-fetched, as well as a repeat of a previous mystery to be solved involving counterfeiters. But still a very enjoyable read.
Susan
Jan 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not the best of Trixie & the Bob-Whites, but I needed a mood lifter after the last book I read. The kids of Sleepyside never fail to provide comfort and a few chuckles. Everytime I read a TB book, I feel young again.
Tacey
Afraid I must agree with some other negative reviews of this TB installment; it certainly isn't one of the series bests. In fact, it reads almost like a ND. Still, I love the close-knit BWG and their adventures.
Marts  (Thinker)
Great children's mystery series featuring thirteen year old Trixie and her friends Honey and Diana...
Tara Calaby
Mar 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trixie Belden was one of my earliest great media obsessions. I absolutely adored all of the books and desperately wanted to be Trixie.
Kim
Dec 08, 2011
TeriAnne
Apr 21, 2017
Lora
rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2011
Bailey Williams
Dec 21, 2016
Kate
Oct 13, 2008
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds (A Meg Mystery, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
  • The Mystery of Death Trap Mine (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #24)
  • The Mystery of the Dancing Devil (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #25)
  • Úrsula, a maior
  • Corre Michael! Corre!
  • Cherry Ames, Department Store Nurse (Cherry Ames, #18)
  • By the Light of the Study Lamp (The Dana Girls Mystery Stories, #1)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery (Trixie Belden #3)
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • The Husband
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00