Start by marking “Twice in a Lifetime” as Want to Read:
Twice in a Lifetime

Twice in a Lifetime

A second chance at redemption.

A lifetime ago, Sarah and Liam were childhood sweethearts in a dingy Edinburgh block, dreaming of making it in the big wide world. But reality called. Sarah stayed to make a difference in her community, while Liam forged a career in international finance and never looked back. Ten years on, a friend in crisis brings Sarah and Liam together in
Kindle Edition
Published August 29th 2013 by Carina

To ask other readers questions about Twice in a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice in a Lifetime

Fiona Wilson
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it

I was lucky enough to be a beta reader for this book. Many thanks to the author for giving me the opportunity to read it well before publication.

Sarah has travelled thousands of miles to ask a favour of someone she has always thought about, but never dreamt she would ever see again.
Liam is that someone. He used to be an important part of Sarah's life, but time and distance have changed him from the boy she used to know into someone she doesn't even recognise.

For Liam to do what Sarah is asking o
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

So I absolutely love and adore Kierney Scott’s books, but there are a few of her earlier books I missed and I’ve been determined to go back and read them. Twice in a Lifetime was her debut novel, so I went into it knowing that some of the things I love about her writing may not have been fully formed yet.

The story revolves around Sarah and Liam, two Scots who we meet in Dubai when Sarah goes to ask Liam for help saving one of their old childho
Marguerite Kaye
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Serious kudos to Kierney Scott for tackling such a difficult subject in a romance. Though this is set in the glitz and glamour of Dubai, the tough and tragic backgrounds of the hero and heroine from a council estate in Edinburgh are an intrinsic part of this story. For me, it was a contrast that worked really well. It's so unusual to have the gritty reality of Edinburgh portrayed with none of the Scottish kitsch, and even more unusual for the lingo to be used in dialogue. This really made the st ...more
Chantel
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sarah has traveled from Edinburg to Dubai to ask Liam "the prodigal son" or her ex for a favor to save a old friend of theirs. But Liam isn't the same guy that she left behind all those years ago. He is a lot rougher around the edges. Liam sees Sarah as the girl that ditched all their future plans for past. As they work together to save their old friend Sam. Liam wants to show Sarah the life she could've had but Sarah doesn't want those pretty women moments just wants to get through the week. I ...more
menr
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-because
Sarah and Liam are ex-lovers who are thrown back together because of Sam's predicament, the same person who caused them to fall apart a decade ago. I was expecting something really shallow, just something to pass the time, so I did not expect to get so drawn to the story. Yet there was something so truthful in the couple's issues that it made me want to see how they would resolve it. Their pain and insecurities were genuine and made them more real to me.

I also loved their witty banter and chemi
T.A. Williams
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
A gripping piece of psychological drama. She draws very convincing characters and the action moves along very fast. I particularly like the way she gets inside the head of the male character. Her choice of setting is compelling, as is the back story that gradually emerges. A great read.
Hannah Pole
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Whoa. This is an incredibly sexy, tantalising read that will leave you begging for more. I was genuinly gutted when I got to the final page!! Kierney Scott is a fabulous writer with a delicious imagination... next one now please!! :)
Aurelia Rowl
Aww.... sweet yet hot, these two continued to butt heads in the best possible way.
valeria