Start by marking “Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)

Unmade

(The Lynburn Legacy #3)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  7,768 ratings  ·  1,029 reviews
Powerful love comes with a price. Who will be the sacrifice?

Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-
Published September 22nd 2015 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unmade, please sign up.
Cran Berry Straight up? No reason at all. Honest to god.
Straight up? No reason at all. Honest to god.
The only reason that makes sense is that the people in this book are idiots with no sense of self preservation. That includes the main characters. Because when magical sorcerers threaten to murder people in your town, smart rational people gtfo. No one in this book did that, i.e. no one in this book has sense.
Or maybe no one owns a car, who knows. *shrugs*(less)
Denisa You're going to have to read it to find out :)

·  7,768 ratings  ·  1,029 reviews

♥ Sarah
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
So, how perfect was it that I had The Civil Wars - "Talking In Your Sleep" playing on repeat the entire time I read this? Sigh. Swoon.

SRB did it again.
And I regret nothing.
description

I waited a year for this book. Clearly, I had high expectations.
This book did not exceed my expectations, but met them. Thoroughly.
Again, I regret nothing.

My emotions are all warped and messy, but I’ll *try* to make this review clean, short, and to the point.

The epic conclusion to Kami and Jared’s explosive, tumultuous, s
Elaine
Sep 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
So Ms Brennan, you end on THAT note for Unspoken and we had to wait an excruciating year for Untold. And when we finally get our hands on Untold, you decide to end on THAT note for Untold and now we have to wait ANOTHER year for Unbroken.

I loved you and then I hated you. So much.

But now, I've decided to beg..

No? Alright then.

Ekaterine
Aug 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
What?! I mean WHAT?! THIRD BOOK?! AM I DREAMING?!

description

2014?!?!?!?! IS THIS A CRUEL JOKE?!

I swear one day this is going to be me...
Susana
Almost five o'clock in the morning...so I am not sure...3 stars?
2 stars?
________________
And this is how you wreck a perfectly amazing series.

How to wreck an amazing series: A recipe for Disaster

Leave a love triangle simmering in a tasteless broth. When it looks as if the thing may not have a single reason to exist, turn the power up all over again!

Insert about 20% cringe worthy jokes so that it may help downplay all the emotional drama happening.

Add close to none character development, so t
Regan
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-owned-read
Ehhhh it was okay. I never really got into it.
Marie
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-releases
UPDATE AFTER READING:

The ending was a little weird, but overall a solid ending to the trilogy!!

~

Ms. Brennan...

description

I am not happy with that ending of UNTOLD.

description

You can't just end a book like that and expect us to wait a year. I swear, this series will be the death of me.

description

So, can you give us a happy ending? Please? That's all I ask.

description
Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life)
DID I READ THAT RIGHT?
*rubs glasses* (though I don't have any)
20- FREAKIN-14?!
*laughs hysterically*
You've got to be kidding me.

There should seriously be a rule that you can't take more than one month to publish the next book if the last book ended with a cliff-hanger, that rule should definitely exist.
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was a bit of a mixed bag, I did enjoy it overall but there were a lot of things that I wasn't impressed with - mainly the MC (Kami), her love life, the poor pacing and the rushed ending.

-What's what: Evil Rob and his evil sorcerers have taken over Sorry-in-the-Vale. Naturally, Kami and the Scooby gang try to stop him. Also angst, teen romance, and more angst.

-Kami was such a judgemental, holier than thou, hypocrite. The way she looked down at the people who fought with the bad guys
Katie Montgomery
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewers who insist on criticizing Ms. Brennan's work for containing 'too many dumb jokes': I'm sorry, WHAT?

Internet, you and I have not always seen eye to eye, but THIS! To criticize the final novel in a Brennan trilogy as being too laden with silly jokes is like criticizing van Gogh for not having enough ears. You may not like that artist's choice, you might be all like, "G-dawg, put down the razor dude, because first off antibiotics aren't going to even be a thing for like another fifty year
Lucy
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
I had high expectations for the final instalment of Brennan’s Lynburn Legacy trilogy after devouring the first two books last autumn. The Lynburn Legacy started out strong with witty, proactive characters, a unique genre mashup, and a wonderfully complicated romantic side-plot. But unfortunately, while I still enjoyed reading Unmade, I was disappointed by the series’ conclusion.

Despite the sleepy English village setting, the Lynburn Legacy series has always felt a little Americanised. I’m usuall
Keertana
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not going to lie: Unmade had quiteeee a few bumps along the road. In fact, when it comes to the romantic angst in this installment alone, I sortofkindofmaybe definitely wanted to hit my head against a wall. Still, despite the minor hiccups I experienced with this novel, I found it to be an extremely satisfying conclusion to this trilogy. Not nearly as good as Unspoken, a whole lot better than Untold; I really can't complain. Brennan begins this finale with a breakneck pace that she never lets up ...more
Horsegirl275
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So. Finishes Untold.....cries for about 10 minutes...goes on goodreads to check when the next book will come out...cried for 15 minutes. Why, Sarah Rees Brennan, why?!

*Edit, now have read the book.

This was an emotional rollercoaster of epic proportions. I was sobbing one page, then laughing so hard I (actually) fell off my chair the next. A fantastic conclusion to a fantastic series. Adored this.
Candace Robinson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This final installment was so much fun! Magic, sorcery, romance, friendship, and tons of humor and emotion!

Kami has been the perfect sort of main character—she's funny, wrong about things, right about things, but truly grew as a character. Who I need to give a huge clap for is Jared because his growth was immaculate! And Rusty had to have been my favorite side character in this series—I loved him so much!

Without giving spoilers away, I highly recommend this series for an adventure full of fun an
Ornella (Nyx)
Apr 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal
Disappointed. Pissed. Underwhelmed. What was that ending?!

What is up with all these horrible end-of-trilogy books this year? It's just one after the other and they all suck, frankly. Sad, so very sad.

It started out a bit exciting and somewhat funny. Got a few chuckles and little smiles out of me. Then it started getting the rolling eyes and frustrated sighs, and can we PLEASE JUST MOVE ON FROM THE JOKES. Yes, I get that it's a very depressing and horrible time in your lives but the jokes are kil
Zyra
Jan 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, young-adult
not worth wasting time on this. unnecessary drama.
Katy
May 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
But why?!? The No. 1 reason for my rating? The unnecessary use of bad jokes - or rather, the overdoing of it. Now I've known Kami, Rusty and pretty much all of the characters at one time or another to crack a line here or there to lighten the mood or awkward moment. But geez, I felt the whole book was littered with bad jokes on every page. What's worse is that Brennan KNEW, and she would have a character acknowledge it in the text. No, if you're going to do it, go with the whole "Scary Movie" pa ...more
Julie
I wanted to love this book, considering my investment in this series, but something was just off the whole way through. I was willing to be kind and give it 3 stars, but then the ending bumped it down another star -- I was tempted to almost go down as far as 1, but you have to really, really mess up to earn my withering scorn like that. Instead, I'm just left with the hefty power of my disappointment. Which also leaves me going: What's wrong with me? Was I just not in the mood for this book? But ...more
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

This series is one of my absolute favourites. 5-stars across the board. Its just so unique. I really cant get over how unusual it was. Its so dark. And by dark I mean dark. The bad guys in this story are true evil. There is so much blood and death and destruction and pure greed and evil. Yet, at the same time, Kami is simply one of the best, smartest, funniest, and wittiest YA heroines I have ever read. She provides a balance that y
Vippi
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall series: ★★★★
Unmade: ★★★ 1/2

Okay, mourning-time is finished. Let’s review this one.

I loved this series and it characters (well, Kami is fantastic, isn’t she?... and her dad and Rusty (view spoiler), too). So when I finally picked up Unmade I had great expectations.

I can’t say I didn’t like it. As the previous instalments, Unmade was a humorous, adventure-packed reading … but… some elements disappointed me a little bit:

- too much angst: angst was the key-word
Cody
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Which is it going to be sorcerer? Drown or burn?"

The Lynburn Legacy is over.

I was actually a little sad to see this end now that I’ve finished Unmade. The series was by no means perfect and had its faults along the way but they didn’t take away from the story or the sensational characters that carry these books, I really enjoyed them.

The conclusion to this series is filled with action, drama, sacrifices, unrequited love and soo many plot twists. I hated the way Untold ended as usual Brennan pro
JAIME
Nov 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, read-2015
There was an event in this that made me cry - A LOT. But, otherwise it was fairly unremarkable. Not bad, but didn't blow my socks off for the final book in a trilogy.

The love triangle, that wasn't really a love triangle and the constant on again off again relationship off our protagonist through all three books, really put a dampener on things for me.

Still, an overall enjoyable series.
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
This is my perfect book - it has everything I could have asked for! Kickass heroine, bad boy with a heart, strong friendships, wicked villain, beautiful writing, reasons to cry, humour and general awesomeness.
The perfect end to an epic series.
Heidi
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
First up, let me warn you that it’s impossible to talk about Sarah Rees Brennan’s Unmade without revealing some of what went down in the two previous books of The Lynburn Legacy. Consider yourself warned for spoilers of Unspoken and Untold.

We zoom in on Sorry-in-the-Vale after the cliffhanger of Untold with Jared buried alive in his priest hole and everyone but Kami convinced he’s dead. Repeated forays to the Lynburn evil layer result in rescues, deadly plans, ritual sacrifice, and of course som
Kayla
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great fulfilling ending although it would be nice if my OTP got together but hey it's fine.
Rashika (is tired)
Actual Rating 3.5

This would have been a 4 star read had it not been the last book in the series. I kind of just wanted more? I feel like even though these characters have been through so much, they haven't really changed all that much. I would have also liked to see some more knots tied but ah well.
emma
Reread 18/09/17
This series will forever be one of my favourites and I just love it more and more every time I read. Thank you Sarah Rees Brennan for writing such great books.
Sana
Upping my rating to 5 because who the fuck am I kidding with a 4-star rating anyway

----------

'Only those who already had love could afford to dismiss it.'

GODDAMMIT BOOK, THAT WAS TOO MUCH

E N T I R E L Y T O O M U C H

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE NOW

Are you ready for another list? Yeah, I'm not but I'll try my best
- 188 highlights, everything is fine
- You know things are really dire when a book doesn't begin with an article written by Kami
- Torture is fascinating and all but never when it
Giovanna
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-unhaul
4.25

"This is the real secret at the heart of Sorry-in-the-Vale: the stories whispered behind closed doors are lies."

I'm always pretty sad when a series like this ends. A series that made me feel everything from happiness, sorrow and pain and rage. I guess this last book isn't an exception to this. I really really liked it, even loved it at some point, even if it turned me into a mess.

I liked Unmade. No, I loved it. There is one reason I won't give it five stars and I think everybody who has rea
Phoenix91
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great end to an amazing series. There were parts of this book that were just perfect. These were just parts though, the first spell they did and that twist, the sacrifice scenes, and the crying pool scene.The book as a whole though just didn't seem to grab me as much as the other two did.
Play Book Tag: Unmade (Lynburn Legacy, #3) - Sarah Rees Brennan 2 stars 3 17 Feb 04, 2016 12:49AM
Series Afterthoughts and Questions (Spoilers) 7 85 Sep 10, 2015 10:25AM
Ash 3 48 Mar 20, 2015 09:24AM
Rusty (spoilers) 2 45 Jan 11, 2015 12:08PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan - Starting September 29th 2014 17 40 Oct 01, 2014 05:15AM

• While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Right of First Refusal (Radleigh University, #2)
  • Queen of the Clueless (Interim Goddess of Love, #2)
  • The Strange Maid (The United States of Asgard, #2)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears
  • The Caller (Shadowfell, #3)
  • When Rosie Met Jim & Shoeboxes
  • Necromancing the Stone (Necromancer, #2)
  • The Revenge of Eli Monpress (The Legend of Eli Monpress, #4-5)
  • Nightwing/Huntress
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Fiendish
  • The Nightmare Dilemma (The Arkwell Academy, #2)
  • Touch (The Queen of the Dead, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Sarah Rees Brennan is Irish and currently lives in Dublin. For a short stint, she lived in New York and became involved with a wide circle of writers who encouraged and supported her, including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. She has developed a wide audience through her popular blog, mistful.livejournal.com, where she writes movie parodies, book reviews and some stories.

The Lynburn Legacy (3 books)
  • Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
“Lucky for you, I have another scheme. First I need a hundred ducks, but after that it will be pretty simple."
"What do you need the ducks for?"
"I´m going to put a whole bunch of them in a giant catapult and launch them over Aurimere," Kami said. "This will create a distraction. My message will be: Look at all the ducks I give.”
77 likes
“I hear girls like bad boys. I hope that's true. Because, baby, I'm bad at practically everything.” 61 likes