Start by marking “Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)

Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  3,910 ratings  ·  702 reviews
Powerful love comes with a price. Who will be the sacrifice?

Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-
Expected publication: September 22nd 2015 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unmade, please sign up.

Ruth Mcauley I think there are several reasons:
I think there are several reasons:
1: Living in the town run by the Lynburns is supposed to bring prosperity and peace, even if someone is sacrificed to make that happen occasionally. They don't specify exactly what benefits the Lynburns of the past bestowed on the town but I get the impression that they somehow protected the citizens from the other evils of the world (poverty, illness, crime?) and it was seen as a golden time, as long as you weren't the one getting sacrificed.
2: People not wanting to abandon their property, houses, goods and businesses with little chance of selling them to an outsider.
3: Some villagers are evil, so enjoy the power and association of the Lynburns.
4: They think the Lynburns might track them down and punish them for leaving
5: They might be under a spell that stops them, but this is never clarified... they do seem to struggle to talk to people on the phone who are outside the town.
6: The characters who are heroes could not leave evil unchecked and just run away because that is not in their nature
7: Many families are split in their loyalties, so leaving would mean leaving half their relatives

I think basically it is a combination of these things, but I might have tried to run away anyway if I was a neutral random person in the town and not a hero or villain!

(less)
Denisa You're going to have to read it to find out :)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
134th out of 2,646 books — 15,880 voters
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2014
73rd out of 1,973 books — 5,354 voters

More lists with this book...

Elaine
Sep 12, 2013 Elaine marked it as to-read
So Ms Brennan, you end on THAT note for Unspoken and we had to wait an excruciating year for Untold. And when we finally get our hands on Untold, you decide to end on THAT note for Untold and now we have to wait ANOTHER year for Unbroken.

I loved you and then I hated you. So much.

But now, I've decided to beg..

No? Alright then.

♥ Sarah
So, how perfect was it that I had The Civil Wars - "Talking In Your Sleep" playing on repeat the entire time I read this? Sigh. Swoon.

SRB did it again.
And I regret nothing.
description

I waited a year for this book. Clearly, I had high expectations.
This book did not exceed my expectations, but met them. Thoroughly.
Again, I regret nothing.

My emotions are all warped and messy, but I’ll *try* to make this review clean, short, and to the point.

The epic conclusion to Kami and Jared’s explosive, tumultuous, sm
Ekaterine
Aug 30, 2013 Ekaterine marked it as to-read
What?! I mean WHAT?! THIRD BOOK?! AM I DREAMING?!

description

2014?!?!?!?! IS THIS A CRUEL JOKE?!

I swear one day this is going to be me...
Regan
Ehhhh it was okay. I never really got into it.
Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life)
DID I READ THAT RIGHT?
*rubs glasses* (though I don't have any)
20- FREAKIN-14?!
*laughs hysterically*
You've got to be kidding me.

There should seriously be a rule that you can't take more than one month to publish the next book if the last book ended with a cliff-hanger, that rule should definitely exist.
Marie
UPDATE AFTER READING:

The ending was a little weird, but overall a solid ending to the trilogy!!

~

Ms. Brennan...

description

I am not happy with that ending of UNTOLD.

description

You can't just end a book like that and expect us to wait a year. I swear, this series will be the death of me.

description

So, can you give us a happy ending? Please? That's all I ask.

Susana
Almost five o'clock in the morning...so I am not sure...3 stars?
2 stars?
________________
And this is how you wreck a perfectly amazing series.

How to wreck an amazing series: A recipe for Disaster

Leave a love triangle simmering in a tasteless broth. When it looks as if the thing may not have a single reason to exist, turn the power up all over again!

Insert about 20% cringe worthy jokes so that it may help downplay all the emotional drama happening.

Add close to none character development, so tha
Katie Montgomery
Reviewers who insist on criticizing Ms. Brennan's work for containing 'too many dumb jokes': I'm sorry, WHAT?

Internet, you and I have not always seen eye to eye, but THIS! To criticize the final novel in a Brennan trilogy as being too laden with silly jokes is like criticizing van Gogh for not having enough ears. You may not like that artist's choice, you might be all like, "G-dawg, put down the razor dude, because first off antibiotics aren't going to even be a thing for like another fifty year
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was a bit of a mixed bag, I did enjoy it overall but there were a lot of things that I wasn't impressed with - mainly the MC (Kami), her love life, the poor pacing and the rushed ending.

-What's what: Evil Rob and his evil sorcerers have taken over Sorry-in-the-Vale. Naturally, Kami and the Scooby gang try to stop him. Also angst, teen romance, and more angst.

-Kami was such a judgemental, holier than thou, hypocrite. The way she looked down at the people who fought with the bad guys
Horsegirl275
So. Finishes Untold.....cries for about 10 minutes...goes on goodreads to check when the next book will come out...cried for 15 minutes. Why, Sarah Rees Brennan, why?!

*Edit, now have read the book.

This was an emotional rollercoaster of epic proportions. I was sobbing one page, then laughing so hard I (actually) fell off my chair the next. A fantastic conclusion to a fantastic series. Adored this.
Keertana
Not going to lie: Unmade had quiteeee a few bumps along the road. In fact, when it comes to the romantic angst in this installment alone, I sortofkindofmaybe definitely wanted to hit my head against a wall. Still, despite the minor hiccups I experienced with this novel, I found it to be an extremely satisfying conclusion to this trilogy. Not nearly as good as Unspoken, a whole lot better than Untold; I really can't complain. Brennan begins this finale with a breakneck pace that she never lets up ...more
Ornella (Nyx)
Disappointed. Pissed. Underwhelmed. What was that ending?!

What is up with all these horrible end-of-trilogy books this year? It's just one after the other and they all suck, frankly. Sad, so very sad.

It started out a bit exciting and somewhat funny. Got a few chuckles and little smiles out of me. Then it started getting the rolling eyes and frustrated sighs, and can we PLEASE JUST MOVE ON FROM THE JOKES. Yes, I get that it's a very depressing and horrible time in your lives but the jokes are kil
Vippi
Overall series:
Unmade: 1/2

Okay, mourning-time is finished. Let’s review this one.

I loved this series and it characters (well, Kami is fantastic, isn’t she?... and her dad and Rusty (view spoiler), too). So when I finally picked up Unmade I had great expectations.

I can’t say I didn’t like it. As the previous instalments, Unmade was a humorous, adventure-packed reading … but… some elements disappointed me a little bit:

- too much angst: angst was the key-word in the
Lucy
I had high expectations for the final instalment of Brennan’s Lynburn Legacy trilogy after devouring the first two books last autumn. The Lynburn Legacy started out strong with witty, proactive characters, a unique genre mashup, and a wonderfully complicated romantic side-plot. But unfortunately, while I still enjoyed reading Unmade, I was disappointed by the series’ conclusion.

Despite the sleepy English village setting, the Lynburn Legacy series has always felt a little Americanised. I’m usuall
Cody-Leigh Duffy
"Which is it going to be sorcerer? Drown or burn?"

The Lynburn Legacy is over.

I was actually a little sad to see this end now that I’ve finished Unmade. The series was by no means perfect and had its faults along the way but they didn’t take away from the story or the sensational characters that carry these books, I really enjoyed them.

The conclusion to this series is filled with action, drama, sacrifices, unrequited love and soo many plot twists. I hated the way Untold ended as usual Brennan pro
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Warner ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

This series is one of my absolute favourites. 5-stars across the board. Its just so unique. I really cant get over how unusual it was. Its so dark. And by dark I mean dark. The bad guys in this story are true evil. There is so much blood and death and destruction and pure greed and evil. Yet, at the same time, Kami is simply one of the best, smartest, funniest, and wittiest YA heroines I have ever read. She provides a balance that y
Heidi
First up, let me warn you that it’s impossible to talk about Sarah Rees Brennan’s Unmade without revealing some of what went down in the two previous books of The Lynburn Legacy. Consider yourself warned for spoilers of Unspoken and Untold.

We zoom in on Sorry-in-the-Vale after the cliffhanger of Untold with Jared buried alive in his priest hole and everyone but Kami convinced he’s dead. Repeated forays to the Lynburn evil layer result in rescues, deadly plans, ritual sacrifice, and of course som
Katy
But why?!? The No. 1 reason for my rating? The unnecessary use of bad jokes - or rather, the overdoing of it. Now I've known Kami, Rusty and pretty much all of the characters at one time or another to crack a line here or there to lighten the mood or awkward moment. But geez, I felt the whole book was littered with bad jokes on every page. What's worse is that Brennan KNEW, and she would have a character acknowledge it in the text. No, if you're going to do it, go with the whole "Scary Movie" pa ...more
Giovanna
4.25

"This is the real secret at the heart of Sorry-in-the-Vale: the stories whispered behind closed doors are lies."

I'm always pretty sad when a series like this ends. A series that made me feel everything from happiness, sorrow and pain and rage. I guess this last book isn't an exception to this. I really really liked it, even loved it at some point, even if it turned me into a mess.

I liked Unmade. No, I loved it. There is one reason I won't give it five stars and I think everybody who has rea
Phoenix91
This was a great end to an amazing series. There were parts of this book that were just perfect. These were just parts though, the first spell they did and that twist, the sacrifice scenes, and the crying pool scene.The book as a whole though just didn't seem to grab me as much as the other two did.
Emily (Falling for YA)
Unspoken is one of my all time favorite books. I love the characters and the way Sarah Rees Brennan introduces the reader to the Lynburn family. Unspoken is pure perfection and if you haven’t read it yet I suggest you stop reading this (I don’t know why you’d be reading a review for the 3rd book if you haven’t read the first anyway, but you might’ve come here on accident) and get yourself a copy!

I’ll be the first to admit that Untold wasn’t my favorite, but I was still very excited for Unmade.
Eilonwy

I may write an expanded review later, but the short form is, I really enjoyed this book. It wrapped this story up about as well as could be hoped for, with the blend of high stakes and action plus character insight that seems to be Sarah Rees Brennan's trademark. I think her books have a strong flavor which is certainly not to everyone's taste. So as a reader, you'll either really enjoy the prickly banter between her characters, or hate it, without much in between. I personally think the charact
Heather
Oct 18, 2014 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014, ya
Sarah Rees Brennan has achieved a rare accomplishment...she's written a YA trilogy that doesn't end in a cloud of suck. Though this book isn't without its flaws, often defies logic (why did these fools characters not move?!), Unmade was a compelling read, remained consistent, answered my questions and provided a complete, resolute ending that I could accept. Rees Brennan included all my favorites: witty banter and a sassy, independent and intelligent young heroine, and a good touch of swoon. If ...more
R.J.
A re-read, since I'd seen the book in manuscript (read: emailed Sarah and said PLEASE IS IT WRITTEN YET I LOVED THE OTHER TWO BOOKS SO MUCH AND YOU LEFT ME ON THE WORLD'S WORST CLIFFHANGER, GIVE IT TO ME NOW), but it was even better the second time around. I never tire of Sarah's ability to blend dry or even wacky humour with deep emotion and powerful tragedy -- I always find myself loving her characters because they make me laugh, and then feeling their pain ten times more keenly when the laugh ...more
Charlotte
I'm waiting until it gets closer to the publish date before I post my review, but I will say this.... Jared asking permission for every button he wanted to undo on Kami's dress was pretty much the swooniest book moment of 2014 so far for me!
AmElina
Awesome, heartbreaking, unique!
I finished this book 2 days ago, but I still can't recollect my thoughts.

(view spoiler)
Imani
It should be noted that I will be buying myself this book for Christmas since I already own the first two anyway.

So...*emotional sniffles* The trilogy has ended. What an amazing trilogy it was. The humor was JUST my style, the darkness and the magic of it was perfect too. Sarah Rees knows what she's doing. I loved all the characters: Jon Glass, Angela and Rusty, Jared and Ash, Holly, Tomo and Ten, Kami, heck- even Lillian Lynburn.

The character development for some characters was amazing. Lilli
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I don't think I'll ever love Untold or Unmade as much as I did Unspoken, especially since I adored that original cover design on the hardcover and have never really come to terms with the redesign. But Unmadewas a very fitting end for our friends in Sorry-in-the-Vale, and I'm sad to be saying goodbye to them.

I think I've mentioned a time or two how difficult it is to review a series finale without spoiling anything in the previous books, so
Sama
I am not ok.

**UPDATE**
Hahaha ok so I finished this book about fifteen minutes ago at a decently late hour of the nigh and was like okay I'm going to be sensible and go to bed now. Evidently, that was not a thing that happened so here I am writing this review waaaayy past my bedtime. This is a disclaimer that what you're about to read will NOT be spoiler free (I'll try to mark them though) and is likely to be extremely incoherent.

Before I get into that, though, if you haven't read the book GO
Series Afterthoughts and Questions (Spoilers) 5 19 Apr 28, 2015 10:28PM
Ash 3 26 Mar 20, 2015 09:24AM
Rusty (spoilers) 2 22 Jan 11, 2015 12:08PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan - Starting September 29th 2014 17 28 Oct 01, 2014 05:15AM
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Nightmare Dilemma (The Arkwell Academy, #2)
  • Fiendish
  • Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #3)
  • The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, #3)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Kaleidoscope: Diverse YA Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories
  • The Strange Maid (The United States of Asgard, #2)
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands #3)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • The Caller (Shadowfell, #3)
  • Ravencliffe (Blythewood, #2)
  • Neverwas  (Amber House, #2)
  • Stranger (The Change, #1)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus War, #3)
Sarah Rees Brennan is Irish and currently lives in Dublin. For a short stint, she lived in New York and became involved with a wide circle of writers who encouraged and supported her, including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. She has developed a wide audience through her popular blog, mistful.livejournal.com, where she writes movie parodies, book reviews and some stories.
More about Sarah Rees Brennan...

The Lynburn Legacy (3 books)
  • Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1) Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2) The Demon's Lexicon (The Demon's Lexicon, #1) The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon, #2) Team Human

“Lucky for you, I have another scheme. First I need a hundred ducks, but after that it will be pretty simple."
"What do you need the ducks for?"
"I´m going to put a whole bunch of them in a giant catapult and launch them over Aurimere," Kami said. "This will create a distraction. My message will be: Look at all the ducks I give.”
53 likes
“Bros before hoes," said Jared. "By which of course I mean gardening tools, because I hold all the fine ladies of Sorry-in-the-Vale in the highest regard.” 41 likes