Start by marking “House of Fire (Unraveled, #2)” as Want to Read:
House of Fire (Unraveled, #2)

House of Fire

(Unraveled #2)

Five months after Evie Parker’s disappearance, Delaney Jones is dangerously close to leading a normal life with a cancer-free mother, a successful career, and a gorgeous, loving boyfriend. But there’s one hitch: she breathes, sleeps, and eats under the watchful eyes of Holston Parker, a villainous billionaire.

The spring semester at Leighton University has ended, and Delan
Published August 13th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about House of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Fire

Brooke
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely liked this second book of the series better than the first, which is rare. Much more fluid of a story line!
Kimberly
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-bookshelf
I actually read the House of Fire and it's preceding novel House of Steel back to back so forgive me if I'm a little vague on the details here. Since I read them so close together I am having a hard time separating the two because the author Raen Smith wrote them in such a way that I thought the transition between the two was wonderful.

This novel again has Delaney the heroine from the first novel House of Steel to the front of a suspense filled sequel. Just like in the first novel Delaney is tr
Anny hernandez
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
******** I received an ARC copy for an honest review ******

Wow holy smoke when i read house of steel i felt in love with this story. Now i don’t know which one i love more, i am gone keep this short because i don’t want to give anything away, you just gone have to read it to find out.
This book had me seating at the edge of my seat, this book is so full of secrets and mysteries and dough. the story begging six months after everything happened in the first book, seriously i though that all the sec
Kristin Campbell
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
This book was so intense! It is definitely a suspense novel because the suspense was never-ending.

So many secrets came out, a past you would not believe was revealed (I cried), a man trying so hard to be redeemed, but still just so bad and doing things the wrong way time and again, and two kick-ass girls trying to get to the bottom of it and end all the insanity.

The second book in this series was a lot more personal than the first book. In the first, Delaney was dealing with demons on the outs
Kathy Rice
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
O. M. G. If you read The first book, House_of_Steel, you were left hanging with tons of questions of the unknown. Well this book House Of Fire, answers those questions... I stayed on the edge of my seat the whole time I read it, BIG surprises in the truth. Things you thought you figured out... Nope, you were wrong. As V comes back to avenge all the deaths her daddy has caused, she also brings back some uncovered secrets that add more to the questions: What does Holston want with Delaney and Ann, ...more
Jessica
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow. Just wow. This was one intense book. It didn’t take long at all for the action to ramp up and, just like in the first book (possibly even more so!), the tension just kept building and building until you thought you were going to burst. There were a few times when I could easily predict what was going to happen next, but for each point I figured out the author threw me at least three curveballs. I really liked the fact that Delaney wasn’t taking anything lying down. She really grew into her ...more
Claire
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

I hadn't read the first book, and it seems very necessary to understand this one. I spent the first half of the book trying to understand what went on previously. The second half of the book I read to finish as more of a moral obligation to the spirit of Goodreads. I didn't like the characters very much. The story dragged in some places.
I hate to write a bad review but this book was definitely not for
Reading Write
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Iva Readit for Kota's Book Kollection

"Once again the story weaves a web of intrigue that has you unable to put the book down. Tension builds slowly in the beginning chapters but by the end of the book you are ready to combust. The ending is spectacular giving the reader enough to feel satisfied with the conclusion but still hungry enough to want to read a little more." - Iva

For full review Visit

Bobbi Jo
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited for this book, as House of Steel left me wanting to know what was going to happen. This book answered all my questions, plus gave some answers I didn't even know I wanted. It also gave a great deal of character development. I liked that the author waited until the second book to do that. The creativity it took to create the story line in this series is astounding. I am very curious where this all takes us with the next book. Looking forward to what Raen Smith produces next!
SthTx Dawn
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
House of Fire is Raen Smith's second book in the Unraveled series. House of Fire is an action-packed, page-turning, don't want to put it down kind of book. It's fun to follow Smith's cast of characters through their harrowing adventures.
Alisa Allen
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
See my review for House of Steel. Raen is a very talented writer and her development of her many characters in this story is wonderful. I loved the suspense and the guessing of a who dunit and who is involved game that this story delivers. I cant wait to read more from this author.
Louise Cable
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really actually enjoyed this, very different to what I normally read.

Well written & allows you to follow the storyline & try to figure out what is happening.

I did have a couple of tears whilst reading as it was so sad in parts.

Well worth a read tho ....
Wendy
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this series. I finished this one in one day. I liked this one even more than the first. There is constant action and lots of twists. Amazing read.
Alizon
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Loved seeing more of this story and getting thrown into the middle of it all over again. Fantastic read for me.
Jen
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-have
I enjoyed the second installment of this series. More of the story unravels, questions are answered and you finally find out everything you need to know.
Cindi
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
The twists and turns keep coming. You will be on the edge of your seat through the entire book.
Nicole
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book more than the first! A fast-paced read that picks up where book one left off. Many twists and turns and love connections all tied together in a firey little package.
Michelle
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book even more than the first! The twists and turns are RIDICULOUS... but so amazing.
Connie  Bredernitz
Nov 16, 2013
Ronda Kelly
Oct 12, 2016
Carolyn Dewalt
rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2014
Jennie
Dec 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Twisted Arrangement (Twisted, #1)
  • Two Graves: A Kesle City Homicide Novel
  • Of River and Raynn - The Catalyst
  • Earth (The Invasion Trilogy #1)
  • Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • Fixing Sydney (Branson's Kind of Love Trilogy Book 1)
  • Saved By Sex (SinSity Stories)
  • Life's A Cappella (A Cappella, #1)
  • Pay Dearly (Revenge Series, #1)
  • Who I Was (Who I Was, #1)
  • What goes around comes around (Lily's Story #1)
  • Under Her Wings (Sistas, #1)
  • Blood Kiss (Nephilim Warrior, #3)
  • The Little Red Book of Romance
  • House of Aces (House of Aces, #1)
  • Due Date
  • Toxic (Better Than You, #1)
Raen Smith is the author of the Unraveled Series and Southbound Surrender. She loves writing about complex characters with a sprinkling of happily ever after.

When she isn't writing novels, she spends her time wrangling two small sons and teaching at a technical college. She lives in a small corner of Wisconsin with her husband and two sons.

Visit Raen Smith's website, Facebook page or follow Raen

Unraveled (3 books)
  • House of Steel (Unraveled, #1)
  • House of V (Unraveled Series #3)