Start by marking “A Vintage Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Vintage Christmas

A Vintage Christmas

(Evie Taylor #1.5)

Evie has the perfect job and the perfect man, but keeping both in her life has become a serious balancing act...
With the sales coming to a close at Hardy's, Evie must source new stock for the season ahead. Her mind is constantly buzzing with ideas and layouts, so much so that she is forgetting all about Sam.
Can she learn to keep her work separate from her home
Published October 24th 2013 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about A Vintage Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vintage Christmas

Start your review of A Vintage Christmas
Fabulous Book Fiend
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
what a fabulous novella catching up with an old character! I loved Miracle on Regent Street when I read it last year and so I was very excited about reading this one. I left it to read over the Christmas period as its the perfect time of her for a novella as I've already said. It felt wonderful to revisit old relationships and most importantly catch up with Evie and her friends at Hardy's. the storyline deals with something that most people at one time or another in their lives will struggle wi ...more
Shaz Goodwin
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved being back with Evie ... even if it is a quick dip into her life and Hardy's.

Recommend you read Miracle on Regent Street first (a keeper for me and one of my book hangovers).

Review coming soon!
Lisa
Nov 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I knew this was a short read, but it was enjoyable enough, I was starting to feel festive... And then, at 60‰ the book finished! I really can't stand that, I thought I had another 40% to go. Very disappointing.
Caroline Montague
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A delightful short story. It was lovely to catch up with Evie & Sam and all the other Hardy's characters. Hopefully we will get the chance to visit Hardy's again in future books.
Katrin
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
A short, sweet continuation of Ali Harris last year Christmas book Miracle On Regent Street. It was a pleasure to visit with Evie, Sam and Hardy's again.
Lyndsay
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
finished this book. brilliant short story
Sam Redstall
Nov 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
Vintage & Christmas - 2 of my favourite things - this book was neither really!!
Erin
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I’ve had this on my TBR since last Christmas when I never got around to reading it! This is the first of any of Ali’s work that I’ve read although I have a few of her titles, this included, in my TBR. It’s the novella that follows on from her earlier full length Christmas novel Miracle On Regent Street.

The story follows MC Evie on the run up to Christmas. The story started in July which threw me at first! Although it all made sense in the end! I hadn’t read Miracle On Regent Street b
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas-2013
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews So after I finished Miracle on Regent Street I discovered there was a sequel called A Vintage Christmas. I had heard that Ali Harris has released a Christmas book but I didn't realise it was a sequel. I immediately purchased the book and read it as soon as it was possible.

I devoured the book quite quickly. I absolutely loved being in Evie's world again. It was great to see how she's doing, I would have loved an update on her mum and
Grass monster
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok so i bought this on my Kindle in Nov 13 and never got round to reading it. As im on a Christmas blitz this year im catching up on all my books. Im not usually a short story fan but reminding myself it was a follow up from 'Miracle On Regent Street' i couldnt wait to get started. It was great being back with Evie & Sam at Hardys (esp as id had a 2yr break - oops) the story fitted in exactly as the person Evie would be, great imagination with the shoes especialy the discription of them. I f ...more
Lisa
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great festive read. I hadn't read Miracle on Regent Street, the novel that came before this novella, but it didn't stop me enjoying this. I didn't feel as though I needed to know the back story and so this is quite good as a stand alone read. It may have ruined some of the plot if I want to go back and read Miracle on Regent Street however! I hadn't read any of Ali Harris' work before, and I had heard many good things about her. I liked her writing style and I would definitely like to re ...more
Adele
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A sweet little novella with an underlying message of there's more to life than work. I hadn't read the prequel to this book so didn't know the history of the main characters Evie and Sam but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the book. I loved the sound of the store, sounded gorgeous.
Donna Irwin
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book and was very disappointed to find it was only a novella!!
Sam
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this little e-book. The story flowed well from the first sentence to the last. I found I was soon immersed in Evie's world. It gets a thumbs up from me.
Elaine
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
would have probably got an extra star if the story had occupied more than roughly half the book. Sam is a wonderful boyfriend.....do they really come like that in real life?
Heather
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you love vintage, and you love shoes plus a bit of romance this is the book!

A lovely little read.
Roberta Gellelhoo.com
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Like the first book this is a charming love story and compliments well the previous book. Its a pity that it was so short..
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this, but was disappointed that the story finished at 59% on my kindle and then had a few chapters of miracle on regent street.
Joan

• Just for Christmas
  • Christmas at the Crescent
  • Calling Mrs Christmas
  • Amelia Grey's Fireside Dream
  • Snowflakes on Silver Cove (White Cliff Bay #2)
  • Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Wish Upon A Star
  • Christmas at Rosie Hopkins’ Sweetshop (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, #2)
  • The Parisian Christmas Bake Off
  • The Christmas List
  • A Merry Little Christmas (Christmas, #2)
  • The Baby Diaries
Ali is a magazine journalist who has worked in the world of glossy magazines for ten years.

She grew up in deepest darkest Norfolk, where she spent her formative years dreaming of the bright lights of the big city. At 18 she swapped sheep for show tunes and moved to London to do a degree in performing arts. After three years of 'studying' (read: doing jazz hands) she became.... a waitre

Evie Taylor (2 books)