Start by marking “The Secret Santa Wishing Well (Secret Santa, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Santa Wishing Well (Secret Santa, #1)

The Secret Santa Wishing Well

(Secret Santa #1)

The magic of Christmas has been lost to Jacob Winston. At the suggestion of his ill sister, Jacob takes a job as a Secret Santa at the mall, hoping to restore his Christmas spirit. Even that doesn’t seem to work, until a special little boy ambles up to make a very special wish... Cheyenne Jensen is struggling to raise her two kids without the help of her ex-husband who ref ...more
Paperback, 2nd edition, 238 pages
Published August 10th 2013 by Createspace (first published November 17th 2012)

Jen
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of reading an ARC of this book and I enjoyed every minute of it. This story begins with a man named Jacob who is dressed as Santa and feeling very negative about the season as his sister is very sick. Along comes a little boy named Ben who inspires Jacob and shows him that maybe he shouldn't be so down and maybe it is time to participate in the season. Jacob is so touched by Ben's "wish" to Santa, that he nominates Ben for a special award and he becomes involved in the life of ...more
Brandy Dorsch
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was given to me by the author for review.

I have to tell you that this time of the year I tend to get very jaded just like Jacob was. My husband is currently battling cancer and the anger and helplessness that he feels in regards to his sister,Ada's illness, is something I understand well.

Cheyenne is a single mom raising a son, Ben and a daughter named Desi. Her ex-husband, Eric, doesn't want anything to do with baby Desi since he doesn't think she is his but likes to pretend he has a relat
Wendy
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this story. I become very overwhelmed at the holidays. It is very easy to miss the simple things. This story helps remind you of what is really important.
Tammy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday, romance
Sweet Christmas story

This story pulls at your heartstrings. A little boy wants a daddy to take care of him and his younger sister so his mommy doesn't hAve to work so hard. He goes to the mall and talks with the mall Santa and makes a wish in Santa's wishing well. This little boy really touches Santa's heart with his wish. Santa is trying to find his own Christmas spirit by working as Santa in the mall at the request of his dying sister. The magic of Christmas being these families together but t
Jo-Anne
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Jacob did not have the Christmas spirit. In fact he didn't want anything to do with Christmas. When his gravely ill sister suggested he become a mall Santa he gave it a try. It didn't work well for him and he was going to quit. That was until little Ben came to make a wish for his mother. Ben helped Jacob appreciate the season. Jacob was so impressed with the little boy that he nominated him for an award. Jacob became involved with Ben's family - his mother, Cheyenne, and baby sister. Jacob and ...more
Nicole Smith
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
If you're looking for a book that brings the meaning of Christmas and the magic of the season to you this one is it. You have Jacob whose Christmas spirit is missing, but a little boy makes a wish at his wishing well and his life changes forever. Single mom Cheyenne is struggling raising her two little ones. With her son's big giving heart this will be the season to remember.

This book is a fast easy enjoyable read. It leaves your heart feeling good and a smile on your face. Definitely what I'm
Brenda Dyer
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love stories that grab me emotionally and that's exactly what this story did. I highly recommend this book. And be prepared to not only read the words, but feel them as well.

Bravo!
Kaila Allen
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. I could not put the book down, I was touched by Bens wish it was hard not to cry how amazing the little boy was. This was one of the best romantic Christmas story I have read.
Paula Barto
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another must read by Nikki Lynn Barrett

Nikki’s way with telling the story makes you feel as if you’re right there in it. You feel the different emotions right along with the characters. Her spell binding way of writing will keep you wanting more. This book fits all of these criteria and you won’t want to put it down. Filled with a sense of family and love and the hardships that come and go with them. I highly recommend The Secret Santa Wishing Well. It’s a must read.
Michelle Fritz PA
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simply Wonderful!

If you're dying to read a Christmas story that not only has a lot of heart and makes you smile and tear up, look no further! This was drama filled, but also there were a lot of uplifting moments as well. Chey and Jacob were meant to be! There sure are a lot of single mothers struggling not just at Christmastime, but daily. Death also isn't pickey as to when it visits. Seeing two hearts come together despite being so tortured is a beautiful thing. Add in two sweet kids and an inc
Danny L Walling
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story

I cannot believe it took me so long to read this book. You MUST get this book. What a fantastic story between two people that has issues that needs to be solved, which happened. Ben is the star of the book. Wished I had a son like him. He made this book a SIX star book. A MUST read.
Janice
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
sweet story but the editing drove me crazy; Ben is wearing a red shirt/black pants. Nope he is wearing a suit. He "led" her to the bedroom - he was carrying her!
Pam
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
Cheyenne works hard to support her two kids and herself. The kids father doesn't help at all and denies the baby girl is even his. Jacob is not feeling the Christmas spirit and would rather be a Grinch this year. His sick sister convinces him it would help him to take a job as a Santa. When Ben Cheyenne`s son meets him and makes a wish he touches Jacob's heart. Cheyenne and Jacob meet and are immediately attracted to each other. As Christmas draws closer each one's past may drive them apart.

Chey
Danielle-Claude Mba
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
5 glowing wishes!
Hotness Factor: it's sweet, it's charming and no belly full of jelly (we checked

Okay I have to say it. I might be a little bias, I’m a Nikki Lynn Barrett fan. I read Baby Stetson this summer and loved it. I was more than happy to win a copy of The Secret Santa Wishing Well and then review it as part of its blurb tour.
It’s that time of the year again, sugar cookies, trips to Starbucks for a nonfat Eggnog latte (don’t burst my bubble),
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I don’t know about you, but I like to read holiday romance stories that are sweet and full of awwww moments. And that’s exactly what I got from this book. It’s just what a holiday romance should be like!

Cheyenne Jensen recently divorced her good for nothing husband and is now struggling as a single mother of two. Her ex would be better completely out of the picture, but he’s still around a bit. When her son makes a wish in the mall’s Wishing Well after “
EndlessReading
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another magical Christmas romance, This is the beginning of the story. A HUGE thank you to Nikki for providing me with an ARC copy of this to read and review for this tour.

I kind of did things backwords with this series. I read "On the 12th Date Of Christmas" first and this book second. DUH! So I knew that Cheyenne and Jacob got together .

This though showed me how two lost souls came together during hard times at Christmas. With everything going on they still managed to fit in a little Christmas
Kimmie
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Secret Santa Wishing Well by Nikki Lynn Barrett

Genre: Contemporary Romance

I have to premise this by saying I don’t read a lot of holiday romance. It generally comes off feeling cliché and forced. I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I’ve read by Nikki Lynn Barrett so decided to give this one a read before her new book, On the 12th Date of Christmas is released next month.

I am SO glad I did!

Not to give away any spoilers, the story follows Cheyenne and Jacob as their worlds collide. As the t
Linda Williams
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Christmas Confection...

A little boy's unselfish wish at a busy mall, a sad "Santa's Helper" by the name of Jacob, and some Holiday magic combine all the right ingredients for this heartwarming story.

To rekindle his Christmas spirit, Jacob's terminally ill sister suggests he find a part-time job doing something worthwhile. When six-year-old Ben happens along, he captures Jacob's heart--as does Ben's mother, after Jacob meets her. Cheyenne is struggling to hold her family together while contendi
Heather
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secret Santa Wishing Well
Nikki Lynn Barrett
Novel

Expect the unexpected! Highly recommended!
This is a great story with the help of Christmas magic. It is a holiday contemporary romance, but it has some unexpected twists that keep the reader, well reading. I finished it in one sitting because I could not put it down.

The characters are developed enough to keep the story enticing and relatable. Jacob Winston is a nicely flawed character. His reactions to the various situations seem natural and no
sue
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xmas
Well, I loved this book! I got it from Aspendawn Books via Net Galley. I've read some of Nikki Lynn Barrett books before and loved them.

Do you know what I liked about this book?
Well, we all imagine Christmas to be wonderful, happy and everyone enjoying themselves, but in actual fact, life goes on, and there are people there who are lonely, sad, or ill. And this was what it was like reading this book. REAL. His sister who he loves dearly, and would do anything for has cancer, she is dying, he fee
Janet
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novella was sweet, I like sweet. I especially like sweet in my Holiday reads. Ms. Barrett is a fine writer who created engaging, likeable characters and put them in an enchanting situation. The primary couple was extremely detailed for a novella, and the secondary characters were richly drawn as well; superb job on the heroine's son. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and especially the ability the author has to draw the reader into a fantastical, magical story, and make us believers on the jou ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
In the case of our Heroine, Cheyenne the bulk of her stress is caused by an ex-husband turned dead beat dad, Eric. Forced to raise two children on her own she works hard to provide, and still try to maintain an upbeat attitude. I couldn’t help but admire her as she pulled twelve hour shifts, and still managed to donate her time to charity.

Want to know about the hero? Check out the full review at http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...
Nova
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The magic of Christmas has been lost to Jacob Winston. Hoping to restore his Christmas spirit, he takes a job in the mall as a Santa helper. Cheyenne needs to ditch the ghost of Christmases past. Her son Ben’s kind actions bring Jacob into their lives. Maybe this holiday will bring some wishes come true- for everyone after all. Really nice, emotion packed holiday story. I loved reading Jacob and Cheyenne's story. It was an easy paced, fast read for me. Really enjoyed it! Can't wait to read "On t ...more
Angie
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gives you hope and Ben is such an awesome little boy. Cheyenne has her hands full being a single mom of two kids. Jacob is upset about his sister's illness. Jacob's sister suggests he get a job as a Santa and he meets Ben and than Cheyenne. It gets interesting watching these two work through their individual problems and how they have to get past their individual fears to move forward.
Crystal
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book several days ago and I am just now getting to write my review. I just want to say that this is the kind of story that will bring tears to your eyes.

If you have no spirit of Christmas left and just want the holidays to be over with, you need to read this and it will show you the real reason of Christmas.

Thank you Nikki for such a great book to read.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Secret Wishes

What a fabulous story that definitely brings the true meaning of Christmas to life. Love, compassion, heartache and a child's innocence are included in this uplifting and heartbreaking HEA.

You will laugh, cry, scream in anguish and wholeheartedly love along with the characters~
Bonnie Moore
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wishing For a Daddy

I am a sucker for a good Christmas story and this was one. I love happy endings. All you need is faith and love. Looking forward to reading the next in this series
M.C. Cerny
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. I have always had a hard time reading holiday themed novels, but this one really brought the feeling of Christmas and the meaning of the holidays back for me. I just wish it was longer! :-)
Joy Whiteside
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable read. It moved along at a great pace, has amazing characters and a story that will keep you interested and entertained from the moment that you pick it up till the moment that you finish it.

This is a great read that I am glad that was able to read.
Kathy
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A single mother, a little boy with a big wish and a mall Santa with no spirit of Christmas combine to make a magical holiday happen for all of them. Get into the spirit of the season with with love story! I was given an ARC for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • This Time Next Year
  • Christmas Romance: The Best Christmas Short Romances of 2013
  • Holiday Kink
  • Betrothal (Time Enough To Love, #1)
  • Queen of Jastain
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Operation Saving Daniel (Melville Sisters, #1)
  • Destiny Bewitched (Shadows of Destiny, #4)
  • Night with a Dom (1Night Stand, #96)
  • Secret Designs (Secret Dreams, #2)
  • Just A Holiday Fling
  • The Demon Within (Peacekeeper #1)
  • Winter Fairy
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Hindsight
  • Bad Cop (Immortalis, #2)
  • The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap
No matter where she goes, USA Today Bestselling author Nikki Lynn Barrett hears voices in her head. Instead of calling her crazy and locking her up, her family realizes it's just a product of being an author and allows her to write the stories so that the voices shut up.
But they don't. And probably never will. There's no need to lock her up, Nikki knows she'll never escape the voices, not until ea

Secret Santa (5 books)
  • On The 12th Date of Christmas (Secret Santa, #2)
  • 'Tis The Season for Forgiving (Secret Santa #3)
  • Complicated Christmas (Secret Santa, #4)
  • Dear Christmas (Secret Santa, #5)
“You’re amazing. Don’t ever, ever forget that, Cheyenne. And as long as I’m around, I don’t intend to let you forget.” 10 likes
“I think life is too short not to say how you feel. You don’t have to say it back, but I wanted you to know tonight, right now, how I feel about you. I love you, Cheyenne Jensen. I love you with all of my heart.” 1 likes