Start by marking “Pieces of Perfect (Pieces, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pieces of Perfect (Pieces, #1)

Read Excerpt

Pieces of Perfect

(Pieces #1)

Alternate cover edition of B00DU48LC2

As a sexy ex-hockey player, Max was the bad boy with something to prove. As a handsome single father, Adam was the man most women wait a lifetime for. Each man would take me on a journey of self-discovery that was marred with lies, jealousy, deceit, and a whole lot of fun. They each offered a glimpse of happily ever after, a piece of
Published July 8th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc

Start your review of Pieces of Perfect (Pieces, #1)
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I absolutely LOVED this book!!

"I have endured the journey. I have withstood the adventure. I have learned that perfect doesn't exist. That, in reality, you're lucky to just get pieces of it. And that's exactly what I had, though I didn't appreciate it at the time. Now, I know better."

It has been a while that I have enjoyed reading a book THIS much!
I devoured every single page.

"There is one thing I do know. Sometimes, doll, in our attempt to have everything, we find ourselves left with nothing.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--LOVE TRIANGLE HELL--Stars!!!

If you're a fan of the love triangle then this is the book for you. And boy does it start off on a bang!

Nothing like some HOT airplane/airport sex to start things off. Lily has just left her parents vacation home for the Christmas break. She's headed back to Philly when she meets Max in the airport. It's pretty much hate at first sight. Max is kind of a pig but despite that, Lily is still attracted to him.

After the sex-capade, Lily goes on about her life....they
Lindsay
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
So....um...wow.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of this book. On one hand, it was really good and I couldn't put it down. But on the other hand...It really irritated me.

So I'll break it down...A book always starts with 5 stars with me. And over the course of reading, I adjust the scale to reflect what's happening in the book and my reaction to it. So, I started with 5, deducted a star for cheating (yes, I call it cheating) and another for the ending. So that leaves me with a 3. The only
Sara
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What a freaking book! It was so hard to put down. I loved it really. The sexy, tge characters, the story. The men!!Review to come..
Katherine
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Max and Adam stars!!! Lily you can burn in hell!!!!!

I dont even know what to say about this book..

Lily..

Now Max and Adam...

description

You both deserve so much better.

I will be patiently waiting for the next book....

Heidi
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Im frustrated and Im angry. Straight up I believe it is a cliff-hanger well at least I hope it is, because I definitely need resolution!

This was a hot read love triangle. Ive read ménage before but a love triangle is a new area for me. Im not sure Im entirely comfortable with it. The sexual tension was definitely in place between our three main characters. But in order to have a love triangle, there is cheating and thats the part Im conflicted with.

Lily, a 27 year old school teacher who is on
Kitty Berry
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pieces of Perfect is the debut novel of Elizabeth Hayley, a writing team that consists of two friends, (Elizabeth & Hayley) who have decided to combine their love for reading with their degrees in English. With admittedly similar dirty minds their writing styles seamlessly flow into each others. This team writes as one would expect a seasoned author to and we are sure to see them on the best seller lists in no time.

The story is well developed as are the characters. The reader is able to
Anja
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
★★★★★ 5 SIZZLING & H.O.T Stars ★★★★★

❤❤❤ I freakin' loved this book!!!!! ❤❤❤

This is a beautiful and steamy story about a love triangle and I loved every minute of it!!!

And the best part? You get two HOTTIES instead of just one!!!!

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆!!!! YAY!!!!! ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

Jen O'grady
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stand-alone, 4star
Well aren't you two ladies clever clogs !! I thought this was a fabulous book, and our writers certainly got us hooked on both the leading men Max the ex pro hockey player and Adam the single parent to 12 year old Eva, who just so happens to be a pupil of the leading lady Lily.
Both men sound completely gorgeous, so I understand why Lily had such a hard time , but really she should have made up her mind and stuck to it.
This is a love triangle between the three of them and I'm not going to say
Iza Brekilien
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Aaaand this was a DNF at 32%.

Why, would you ask ?

Well, would I answer :

- the way Max comes after Lily, what he says to her when they're complete strangers ? Does he want to go straight to a tribunal for sexual harrassment ?
- Lily's willing to have sex with him, in spite of his words, just because he's hot ? You're a hot guy, you're allowed to do anything you want ?
- the characters don't wear clothes, they wear brands, they don't drive cars, they drive brands : I've seen that already in books but
Zaynah
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, adult
Two words: Disgusting and Shallow. I was going to give the book only a one-star rating but since the end was really good, I think it deserves another star. This book has excellent reviews on Goodreads and I honestly don't know why. Lily, the female lead character is a slut and Max, her friend with benefits is a man whore!(Sorry but I can't think of better words to describe them) Adam, Lily's boyfriend saves the face. He's a good and stable guy and he deserved much better than Lily. Actually, ...more
Raina {The LUV'NV}
Signups are now open for the Pieces of Perfect blog tour happening November 11th16th
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july-2013
4.5 Stars
The Book Trollop
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok I was not sure about this book until about 90% into it...But there was something that told me to keep reading, keep experiencing and keep getting turned the fuck on because my GOD was the SMUT fucking HOT!!!

GeeeSUS there was a fire in my PANTS!!

This book starts out with a literal BANG... At first I was like whaaatt... This isn't real life (well duh it's fiction) but come on this is stretching it a bit much. But then I was like whoooaa this is totally effing HOT (no longer giving a fuck that
Blushing Reader
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
4Star Rating: 4.5 stars

Heat Rating: HOT HOT

"..you should take comfort in the fact that this isn't really your decision at all. Love finds you. It's not the other way around. The only choice you really have is whether or not you want to be found."

Pieces of Perfect by Elizabeth Hayley had me from the first chapter! I had no idea what I was in for reading this book but I was pleasantly surprised how much I LOVED this story! You know from the blurb that this is going to be a love triangle, which to
AngelinaT
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh Wow! I couldn't put this down! The writing was great and it provoked such emotions. I loved Adam....looooooooved Max and HATED Lily! At first I thought she was kind of funny and cute but that lasted for about 3 pages and then I found her to be immature and selfish. I wouldn't be able to choose between Adam and Max myself LOL. I did lean toward Max though. When Adam first appeared I thought he sounded too good to be true and there must be something bad about him but there was nothing. He was ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
ARC kindly provided in exchange for a fair and honest review. Spoiler-free review. 4 stars.

First off I want to say that I love that this book was created by a writing team comprised of two friends - Elizabeth and Hayley.

I got sucked into Elizabeth Hayleys debut book Pieces of Perfect from the first few pages. While I was reading PoP I felt like I was watching a car accident as this hot love triangle unraveled. You know the I cant look away feeling? What a rollercoaster. Arghhh I stayed up all
Meredith Wild
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highly-recommend
The love triangle created between Lily, bad boy Max, and perfect Adam in Pieces of Perfect does not disappoint! The young and impulsive Lily finds herself in the terribly awesome predicament of falling for two wildly attractive guys who could not be more different save their determination to have her. What begins as light-hearted flings soon evolve into relationships that take Lily on an unexpected emotional journey as she begins to uncover who she really is and what she really wants in life.

Jessica
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. It is definitely a 4.5 star book in my opinion. From the very beginning I was hooked. I REALLY enjoyed it. The story is based on a young somewhat insecure teacher named Lily and the two beautiful men she can't choose between. She first meets Max while checking in for her flight at the airport. Max is the extremely hot, arrogant type who won't take no for an answer. Lily tries unsuccessfully to avoid him at all cost. Not only does he end up ...more
Nikki
Oct 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I am sooooo torn. I really wanted to give this more stars, it was very well written I loved Max, I loved Adam but lily!!!!! I really, really disliked her. She was a complete cow to both guys.
I think I am also so fed up with love triangles. I actually think you should have done two separate books, one for each guy as they were both great I. Completely different ways. By the end I really felt the guys were both better off without her particularly Max who strangely enough I felt worse for than
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r, erotica, kindle, own, m-f
Arc received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cover :- 3 stars
Sex/steaminess :- 5 stars
Story line :- 4 stars
Characters :- 4 stars
Overall rating :- 4 stars

Personal rating :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- M/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- No
Is this a review book or personal read :- Review book.

Why I chose this book?

I was asked by the author to do a review.

What I liked about this book.

* It kept you guessing all the way through.
*Max's imagination.
*The story was fun and hot.
* This book
Tatjana
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper, favorites
Seriously, one of the best books I ever read...every girl should read it! Yes, because it does contain two hot, loving, irresistible guys...yes, because it does contain sex....yes, because it does contain romance...BUT: it also contains a huge message to women! I think every girl comes across a guy like Max once in her life. Passion without reason...and then the other side: Adam. Reliable, loving, tender. Who to choose? Personally, I loved the ending! While mostly all romance books feature a ...more
Lisa
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fabulous book but I really need more....

Is this a cliffhanger? Will there be another book? Please tell me there will be another book .....PLEASE!!!

Lots of depth and growth along with hot and steamy love triangle can be found in this book. I really thought Adam was wonderful, sexy, irresistible and a true knight in shining armor BUT Im TEAM MAX all the way. Max is real. He put it all out there for Lilly and I loved that about him.

My only hope now is to find out that this story will be
Tracy
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received this book to give an honest review.

I read this book in one day and was hooked from the beginning. It was really refreshing to have a story that had a realistic ending and not the usual prince charming ending with everyone living happily ever after.

Looking forward to reading more from this author and I would highly recommend this book!!
KathyAnne
Sep 08, 2013 marked it as did-not-finish
Felt very juvenile and silly. If a man approaches you in an airport the way this man did you should call security. I loathe books that exempt a man from behaving like a pervert because he is "hot". Nice abs and a "big" package does not a real man make!
Couldn't get past chapter two... very unlikable characters...

Raj
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 stars

I would have enjoyed this if there's no Adam, love triangle isn't my thing and never will be.

I skipped, A lot. Since... well, Adam. He's boring, I didn't even read their love scenes coz, hello!? I love Max and I know that she's gonna end up with Max and reading her love scenes with Adam was just...gross.
Tracy
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
41/2*
Wow. I loved this book. I'm not happy with the ending... but I think I seen that a 2nd book 2 is coming out. Fantastic... I was a bloody mess reading the first one,I'm sure the 2nd one wont disappoint. Great work ladies.
Kimberly
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Oh my, what to say? Wow or fantastic or sexy or funny. Wait! It is totally all the above. Loved this book.
Jude
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing

4.5 to 5 Stars.

I can't come up with a way to review this without massive spoilers, so I'll hide most of it.

I really enjoy this writing duo. This is an emotional read but in a voyeuristic way. I smirkity smirked smirked my way through this cusp of self discovery drama fest and loved it.

(view spoiler)
Nance
Okay, so I just began this book, and Im already loving the character of Lily. Shes so funny! Saying exactly what she feels with that colorful lewd language of hers. She reminds me so much of my sister, in that respect, that Im constantly laughing out loud. She gets herself in quite a quandry when she has sexual relations on and off an airplane with a total stranger. Hes hot and well-endowed. Hes got such a sexy smirk while knowing that hes all that. How can she possibly turn this hottie down?

Oh,
Goodreads Authors...: $0.99***Pieces of Perfect*** 3 14 Oct 13, 2013 04:37AM
Romance Readers R...: $0.99***Pieces of Perfect*** 3 21 Oct 13, 2013 04:36AM
Goodreads Authors...: Pieces of Perfect for $1.49 2 5 Sep 18, 2013 03:00AM
Romance Readers R...: Pieces of Perfect $1.49 Sale 4 16 Sep 14, 2013 04:21AM

• Misadventures of a Virgin  (Misadventures, #4)
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Hollywood Playboy
  • Misadventures on the Rebound (Misadventures, #16)
  • Forever with You (Fixed, #3)
  • Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend #19
  • Shutdown (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #22.75)
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #11)
  • Diary of a Bad Boy
  • Butterfly in Frost
  • Thirst
  • Lace (Just This Once, #4)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Second Chance Holiday (Until, #4.5)
  • Fixed Forever (Fixed, #6)
  • Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)
  • Ruthless
Elizabeth Hayley is actually Elizabeth and Hayley, two friends who love reading romance novels to obsessive levels. This mutual love prompted them to put their English degrees to good use by penning their own. They learned a ton about each other through the process, like how they clearly share a brain and have a persistent need to text each other constantly. They live with their husbands and kids ...more

Pieces (2 books)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)

News & Interviews

“In our attempt to have everything, we find ourselves left with nothing.” 0 likes